Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 480/480/180

Height: 5ft 6in

Unhappy I am a binge eater.

For as long as I can remember I have been one. My sisters friend recently started this diet, and lost 50lbs. all she did was cut soda out and counted her calories. I tried that, but noticed that alot I found myself saying "Oh just a little bit more wont hurt" and I ended up having ALOT more. Without thinking. I want to get my mind to the point, where it knows that I should eat to live, and not live to eat. Its just so hard sometimes. Also I am an emotional eater as well. I eat lots when I am upset. Which is alot, because there are people in my life that like to do nothing but create drama.

I dont wanna be a size 2 or anything, I would just like to get back into the old size 24 jeans that I have. That's all, and I always feel like a failure because I can never do it. Anyone ever feel this way? I think I need a diet buddy.
Sketchy Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #2  
Darlene

S/C/G: 345/294/185

Height: 5'9"

I know how you feel. I am an emotional eater too. I eat when I am sad, when I've had a bad day at work, a busy day at work. I eat when I'm depressed and I eat when I'm happy.
I have to watch everything I put in my mouth or I will be gaining weight. I have to have a plan of my daily food and then I have to keep my mind focused to work the plan. It's to easy to decided to order a pizza instead. Good luck on your journey. It's a lot of work but it is very worth it!
Darlene0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

I too, eat for any reason that I can come up with. I also have been known to "secret eat", like scarf something down before i get "caught" (as if I am not watching myself!). I have a very weak self control, so I don't let junk food in my house. I was never good at creating and sticking to a diet on my own, I used the south beach diet to lose my initial weight, and now i'm trying to use it to keep going. when i screw up, i just tell myself that its not the end of the world, but i need to move on and not slip again this week. setting small goals (this week, today) is a lot easier to achieve then longer ones (this month, this year, next 2 years) in my opinion. I think that just being here and posting and being able to discuss what's going on with us is a great step in the right direction. I always feel better, and more in control, after reading other people's posts and advice to eachother, and discussing my own problems as well. So, I'm glad you're here, and we can do this if we really want to.
baristamon is offline   Reply With Quote