Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

Default thought i was doing good

i have been doing really good following my diet, keeping w/in my daily points and exercising. today i had to go to a training with four women that i work with. i had thought about packing a lunch, but i opted to just pack my snacks because i knew they would go out for lunch and i didn't want to sit by myself while they went. i figured that wherever we went was sure to have salad! so we went to panera. i usually get 1/2 a panini and french onion soup with a piece of bread. i knew that i couldn't get that. i was going to go for one of the low fat soups. well, that idea was tossed out the window when we got there and found out they didn't have soup and wouldn't have it for a little bit longer. i thought salad, but really wasn't in the mood (plus none sounded good, i read them). i settled on a roast beef sandwich with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a little horseradish. i also got an apple instead of chips! i thought i did good. a roast beef at subway is 6 points, i knew this would be more, but didn't figure it would be a lot more. well, i got home and searched for their nutritional info. i found it and converted the sandwich i had into points. 16 points!!! are you kidding me!! so needless to say, today i am not staying w/in my point limit, going over by 6. good thing i have 35 points to use throughout the week extra!
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Height: 5'2"

That is exactly what the 35 is for! I alway skip the cheese...it adds so much.

Try not to worry too much.

-Phil
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #3  
I want the fully monty..

S/C/G: 240/check ticker/170

Height: 6ft

Did you get the you pick two and only get half the sandwich? I do that, and while the portions are still generous, a sandwich + soup or salad is reasonable with a few flex points.

They have a new sundried tomato and mozzarella panini and omg is it good. too bad the whole sandwich is over 750 calories!!!
xdominic89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 179.8/166/150

Height: 5'7"

The important thing that you need to remember is that there are always situations in life where you can't always eat healthy. Thats what weight watchers is all about. Teaching you what to eat while allowing you to still eat the "fun" foods that we all love in moderation! I usuaslly give my self one day during the week where I eat something I really like that isn't so WW friendly. This way I am still getting to eat the things that I love, but not all the time like I did before! You will be fine!
alliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

That was yesterday, and today is a new day. How are you doing so far today?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #6  

Height: 4' 10"

I always hate being thrown in situations like that. But it doesn teach us how to make the best choices possible, and WW does let us eat anything. I had that situation myself this past weekend and every time this happens I have a loss. Strange how that works. I still don't know how many points I ate either. But Jane's right, today's a new day. As long as you keep going is what counts.
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

alliez-said it perfectly. These situations that aren't perfect, will always be there. WW is helping me to be better prepared to tackle them.

I think you should be proud of yourself, instead of letting this snowball into something much bigger, you realize that you can have those days, and then get back on-track. You sound like you did plan some of your meal to include an apple and your sandwich did sound on the healthy side, but now you know that for next time. This is a learning curve, and thank goodness there are 21 meals in a week and not just one.

Thanks for sharing!
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote