Pudgy Pets - recall on special kitty gourmet blend dry cat food

Haley8203
10-29-2008, 03:48 PM
hey everyone, i just got an email from the national anti-vivisection society about this so im just passing it along....i dont have any pets so you'll probably never see me in this group again lol here it is.....

On October 27, 2008, Mars Petcare US announced a voluntary recall of a limited number of bags of SPECIAL KITTY® Gourmet Blend dry cat food sold at Wal-Mart locations in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Vermont, and West Virginia.

The pet food is being voluntarily recalled following a positive test result indicating a potential contamination with Salmonella. Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Animals can be carriers with no visible symptoms and potentially infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.

Pet owners who have questions about the recall should call 1-877-568-4463 or visit visit http://www.petcare.mars.com/.