Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #61

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #61

tommysgirl18
10-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Hello & :welcome2: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

:woops: Come join us as we challenge ourselves to lose weight during the holiday season! :exercise:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tommysgirl18/LittleGirls.jpg

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us! :cofdate:

tommysgirl18
10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
nothing really new on this end.....I cleaned out the toys from under the couch. I got rid of a garbage bag of toys that were broken and such, I also put Marissa's 18 month sized clothes in the laundry room for someone else to take....along with a couple of toys that she doesn't play with anymore. I have two pork loins, I think, in the oven for dinner. And wouldn't you know it, Brandon will be home from school in an hour! It feels like I didn't even get anything done!

SuzieQ~ That sounds like a great costume for her! Sounds like they have been making you work, but it sounds like it is worth it though!

Cristina~ I need to get into the dentist, but since Tommy doesn't have dental through his work, we would be paying out of pocket....so we need to get us scheduled for appointments soon! I hope the new shoes work out for you!

FrouFrou
10-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Back again! :D

Went for my walk and went ahead and did the whole 3 miles...figured what the heck. Now I won't have to do as much, if any after the weather/news.

Anyway...MINDEE...thanks for starting a new thread. Didn't realize the number we were on or I would have done it and not posted there. So...I deleted the post and put it here, lol. Mmmm, pork loin sounds soooo good!

Nothing else really going on, I am pooped now, lol. Here's my earlier post...

Hiya Ladies!

SUSAN...that's good, the $2 more an hour. So are ya dressing up for the Halloween party? Sounds like fun. You know...Char went and got glasses for Chase and I have seen the kid wear them about 5 times, lol. He's had them about 6 or 7 months maybe. Unfortunately, I have to wear mine if I want to read.

KATY...we will have to take pics! I love the tortoise shell and had a pair in my hand. Had about 6 pair just in case, lol. Can't wait to see you in yours...I actually like the ones in your pic/avatar as well.

MINDEE...good for you for sticking to your guns. I would have been mad as well, but probably would have left, lol. Sorry you had to go thru that though.

TAMMY, JULES, FRANCIE, SASSY, SUE, & ASIA...hoping all is well with you.

Okay, just got back a few minutes ago. Went to the periodontist for a consult. Will go back the Jan 13...that was the soonest they could get me back in. Will have a deep cleaning and then another consult and see where we go from there. I have some work to be done...a couple of implants and a bridge removed, ugh! Don't look forward to that but I am working on getting healthy and my teeth are part of that. Had to run to the mall and get my wedding rings cleaned and checked...almost forgot about that. Had to take a pair of nikes back because they hurt my feet...ordered a different pair and hoping the work out.

I did get in my Biggest Loser workout before heading out the door and trying to cut this short so I can go do 1/2 of my normal walk, lol. Then after the weather this evening I have my LS sculpt & burn to do and I am good for the day. Doing good with the water too.

Have a good day!

jules1216
10-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi all...sorry I have been MIA--not feeling well...will check in later...

wildthing
10-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey ladies!! How goes it!? I am feeling quite better. Today I have a headach but my throat is doing much much better. Anyhoo I have started exersicing habitually again. I got a new watp dvd and I love it. Tonight I think I am gonna do taebo though. I have a banquet to go to. Its an OA banquet with deals with the boyscouts. Anyhoo Iwill check in later.

tommysgirl18
10-30-2008, 12:20 AM
well, I managed to finish going through Marissa's clothes today. I got her summer clothes packed up and ready to go into the basement, I have her size 18 month clothes in the laundry room for some else to have them. I even lifted, moved, and cleaned/vacuumed under the couch, so now all we have to do is turn that on Saturday.

Dinner was good.....Tommy mixed it with some BBQ sauce, so we just had pulled pork sandwiches. Tomorrow is Tommy's last day of this work week....hopefully! He put in for Friday to be his float day at work, but they never told him if he had it off or not. So, let's hope that he does!

Cristina~ I was so close to just packing it in and closing up shop, then I thought "wait a minute! it was their screw up so why should I be the one to run away like a coward."

Jules~ I hope you start to feel better soon!!!

Asia~ It is good to hear from you! great for you and your exercising! I haven't really done anything that would be considered as exercise, but I have been, and will continue to do be A LOT of cleaning! so, I guess on some level that counts!

Shopaholic1204
10-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey everyone. Just stopping by to say hi.

I've been feeling really out of it. I'm starting to feel depressed again. I really hate that I get this way around Nov. I mean..I should be excited cuz Twilight comes out Nov. 21st. But then I think that my mom's birthday is on the 24th..and I shouldnt feel happy about anything. Then I feel guilty for thinking that. And ugh ya..it just brings me down. I know she'd want me to be happy..but its all jumbled up in my crazy head. I dunno if that made any sense.

I feel so unmotivated lately too. I keep telling myself that I'm gonna get up and work out..and then I get up and just stay in bed and go online. I've also been noticing..that I get soooo excited about things, then I just come down from it 20 mins later. Its like I'm on uppers and downers, lol. Fonzo & my friends are starting to notice too. Damn people..why do they have to pay close attention to me, lol. I cant remember if I've been up & down like that before.

So thats the story of whats been going on with me.

Oh ya..if you have me on myspace..please read my newest blog. It's about what happened to me on Facebook. It's a warning to everyone who has facebook, or is thinking about getting it.

Shopaholic1204
10-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Lookie at what me & Fonzo's baby would look like..lol..

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/myBaby.jpg

Shopaholic1204
10-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Omg..I weighed myself this morning..and I lost 2 pounds!!! WOOHOO!!!

tommysgirl18
10-30-2008, 02:53 PM
well, it all seems to be quiet on this end....I am about 3/4 of the way done with my list of stuff to get done before Saturday! I am thinking that I am going to go and sweep/mop the kitchen and bathroom floors when I get done with this so I can cross those off my list! but then again, I have to clean the cat litter tomorrow, so I might just wait and do those tomorrow. Tommy is hopefully home tomorrow since he took it as a float day....so I will be cleaning like a mad woman tomorrow!

Francie~ I read your blog on myspace, that is just crazy stuff!! I have a facebook, but nobody has done that to me. your kids will be so cute! congrats on losing 2 pounds!!!

FrouFrou
10-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Just a quick Hi from me for now. Spent too much time on myspace sending greetings...but I haven't done it in a while so...but I will be back a little later, maybe after dinner if nothing is on the telly.

Hope everyone is having a good day! I'll be back!

tommysgirl18
10-31-2008, 01:20 AM
well, I really didn't do much after I last posted on here!

I did however make some cupcakes, and frost them for Friday. The office manager is going to pass them out to the kids, along with candy and cider. So, Tommy had offered to bake them, but then he had me take over since I am better at baking stuff. So, then I frosted them, and he put the sprinkles on them.

I can't wait for trick or treating time! Marissa is already showing that she is going to be a little handful! I foresee her wanting to walk with her bucket in her hand instead of being in the stroller. we are going to take the wagon for the boys to climb in while we walk around.

I am going to take tons of pictures!!! I can't wait!!!!

Shopaholic1204
10-31-2008, 07:56 AM
Happy Halloween everyone!!!! Hope everyone has a great day passing out candy, or trick or treating or drinking..like moi, lol. BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/640/640940ub9fkomviy.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1731/1731918wuyz760ix6.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)
(the boys of twilight)

Sassy_Chick
10-31-2008, 08:02 AM
http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1678/1678070tv29llv2pm.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Mom2Gaby
10-31-2008, 12:46 PM
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/patrickp_06/HappyHalloween.jpg

Happy Halloween!!!

A quickie again, I have to do a CPR class this morning til noon and after that I will be free til Sunday morning! Can't wait. I have the weekend activities out so hope to do something fun w/ Gaby. I would do a trip into PDX but that is so draining.
Went this morning to the hospital and signed my drug and criminal background check, after that fact, because I already did the pee sample. Can't have THAT go to waste. hahahahahahahaha
HR asked if I would be available Monday for paperwork and I said yes. I was thinking if I am offered the job today I will just have to tell the rehab place I need to quit asap. No sense in being trained and I was scheduled for that for another week or two. I did pass my med training - got 97% on the test!

anyway, have 10 minutes to dash across the bridge and get to the training.

chat more later! and BRAVO Francie on the weight loss!

jules1216
10-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Quickie for me too--my head is killing me still but I am not sneezing or having to stuff kleenex up my nose..lol....Hubby stated with it yesterday and Dominic's nose was runny last night...I had to go to the dreaded WIC office for Teri this morning some of the nicest and nastiest women work there..stopped in to see Ry real quick and the grocery store...I really want to take a nap but I have to take Dominic in for pics--have a great coupon that's only good to SUnday or a would cancel today....

Sassy_Chick
10-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi all. :wave: Just a quickie. I am beat, been out all day shopping with my friend from work. Man I forget what its like to go out shopping with a woman vs. my husband! lol.

My throat is killing me! UGH! I hope I am not getting what DH and everybody else had!!!

TTYL!

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1304/1304356tkcprmf450.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

FrouFrou
10-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Jeez, where does the time go? Another sort of quickie from me...too much going on today...

FRANCIE...where did you come up with the baby pic? So freaking cute and you know what? I can see the resemblance, lol. No doubt you and Fonzo will make pretty babies. And people probably notice you because they care about you missy. And they worry...sorry you are up and down. :hug: Hoping today is better for ya. Your mom and my first hubby share the same birthday so I kinda know how you feel. I know it's different...the loss between a spouse and mother but it's still hard. Especially with it being a holiday on top of the loss, and birthday. But believe me...it gets better with time and you are right, your mom would want you to be happy. Lots of hugs! :hug: And hope you have fun tonight...be safe. WTG on the pounds! :woohoo:

KATY...HAPPY HALLOWEEN BIRTHDAY to Miss Leigh! :bday2you::woo::haphal: Enjoy the day and I hope she loves the elephant!

JULES...hope you all feel better soon. :hug: The hubby has had a cold and I told him to stay away from me! I don't want to get sick. Hope the pics turn out good! Of course they will!

SASSY...hope you get to feeling better too! Glad you had a nice day of shopping.

SUSAN...yeah, we wouldn't want to waste the good pee, lol. Hoping all goes well. Cute pic...the things we do to our pets, lol. Hope you and the Gabster have a fun Halloween!

MINDEE...that was nice of you...where's my cupcake? Lol I know you guys are going to have lots of fun tonight and can't wait to see the pics!

ASIA...hoping all is well with you.

SUE...hoping all is well with you too!

Okay, so I didn't get any exercise done today...bad, bad, bad. I will make it up tomorrow. Too busy today for some reason and going to be handing out candy later. Josh & the fam are coming over to trick-or-treat the neighborhood sometime...not sure what time, they never said. Gotta figure out something for dinner, a quick dinner because the plan is to sit in the garage/driveway and hand out candy and watch all the kids. It has been so nice lately and supposed to be 75 by 5 so it shouldn't be too cool. Anyway...still have time to do some walking on the treadmill and a dvd so maybe I will go do that. Haven't even had my water for today...too stressed, ugh!

Have a good day!

Shopaholic1204
10-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Hey..just stopping by real quick to share my halloween pics from tonight!!!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/100_5043.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/100_5052.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/100_5047.jpg

tommysgirl18
11-01-2008, 02:47 AM
well, this will be a quick one from me since I am sooooo tired!

I did A LOT of stair climbing since I was cleaning while Logan went to the store with Tommy on Friday afternoon. Then a friend of ours and one of his sons came over to hang out with us. Then we took the kids and went trick or treating! we were out for about 2 hours, so it was a lot of fun!

My avatar is of me, the kids, and the neighbor's daughter sitting on our front porch. I looked at the picture and told Tommy that I need to get pants that aren't so baggy!

my list is almost done for the party! all we have to do is switch the furniture around and vacuum and then that is it!

now, I am going to breeze through my emails and then I am going to go to bed.

Shopaholic1204
11-01-2008, 09:06 AM
omg..i have the worst headache ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy_Chick
11-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Well I'm sick, well at least my throat is VERY VERY sore and DH said that is exactly how he started out!

So I plan on doing nothing today because its back to work tomorrow night and I cannot call off this week because my coworker is on vacation so its just me this week!! But if I get what DH has, then my boss will just have to deal with it!

TTYL,

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/597/597693ds1inl14oh.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

FrouFrou
11-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Good morning, ladies!

FRANCIE...hope you get rid of the headache! I too woke up with one, from sleeping too late, and the wrong way. Love the pics...too cute! Love Fonzo's little pumpkin light, lol.

MINDEE...love the avatar! Hope you guys had fun trick-or-treating!

SASSY...sorry you are coming down with what the hubby had. Get plenty of rest and feel better soon!

Just wanted to check in first thing this morning before getting started with the day. Busy day today, sort of and I need to be in the kitchen baking a cake for dinner tonight. Josh & the fam is coming over. Thinking of having a Sat/Sun dinner every other week. They were over last night...not really sure why. Thinking Char thought I needed to be a part of the kids Halloween :dunno: Ummm, I took them to the Zoo thing...that was my Halloween with them. They came over at almost 8:30 though and by the time we got half way around people weren't answering their door. Didn't matter though they got so much candy they really didn't need more.

I was giving out candy by the handfuls...by almost 7:30 I had had 7 kids come to the door, what? I guess with so many other things going on now days parents just don't take their kids trick-or-treating as much :dunno: Anyway...some cute costumes for sure!

I did manage to get in a hour workout too! Yay! Lol I am wanting to go for a wlak right now but kinda waiting for it to warm up a little more...it's a chilly 44. Going to wait until about 9:30 and then go. V is home today too so going to go running around with him for a little while, doing nothing.

WI is today and I am down a pound! :woohoo: A whole stinking pound, lol...whatever, they all add up in the end so...I indulged a little too much with the candy. But I got rid of 95% of it so that's good...maybe the hubby and kids will eat the rest. Anyway...I am blabbing, lol...trying to wake up.

I will try to get back later this evening, until then...enjoy the day! :wave:

suetalks
11-01-2008, 12:26 PM
HI ladies...We are home. Home with 2 weeks worth of laundry, 2 weeks worth of a dusty house and 2 weeks worth of TIRED. But safe, sound and happy.
I will for sure take the week-end to catch up reading, and might be back later today to tell you about our trip.

Mom2Gaby
11-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey, it is Saturday!

Welcome back Sue, we missed you!:dance:

Sassy, Jules and Francie - hope you ladies are feeling better. :hug: Funny about the workers at WIC being the nicest and nastiest Jules, how true. :D Love the new avatar Mindee!

Katy - oops, sorry,,,,,,,,Happy Belated to Miss L, hope she had a wonderful birthday!

Cristina - :bravo: to the pound weight loss!!

I took Gaby after school through the downtown core of Astoria ,the shops were handing out candy, we filled a pumpkin head in 30 minutes. lol After that we went home regrouped and went to Seaside and did the mall, 1/2 a pumpkin head there. After that to the convention center where there were games and crafts, filled another pumpkin head there of grab bags that contained candy. After that to a church for their harvest festival and played games, Gaby won the best costume for her age group and receieved a ribbon. Came home and trick/treated around where we lived .....people at home said for her to take as much as she wanted because she was the only one that had come by to trick or treat,,,,,,,,,so, she grabbed handfuls and filled another pumpkin head. lol

So, ya. A lot of kids I think do the mall trick or treating or the harvest festivals, just safer that way unless you know the homes you are going to.

:wave: to Asia, and Tammy!

It is Gaby's day today and my day off. My mom and step dad came down and we went out for lunch,it was nice to finally get visitors. I had a grilled chicken/tomato salad.
Think I will take Gaby to see High School Musical or go swimming, her father will get her tomorrow. I also want to get her hair trimmed for picture retake on Tuesday.

I start the hospital job on 11/8! yay.

UP on the scale to 149. Ugh. Too much candy, too late eating...........too something....planning to just get back on track and I did call Curves and have an appt for Monday to go in and hear the sales pitch.

anyway, better get.....Gaby is impatient. Sorry.

Shopaholic1204
11-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Cristina~LoL!! No..he's like The Crow/Joker/freaked out weirdo..LOL!!!

I do feel better. I havent had a hangover in awhile. My friend got it worse than me though. She was throwing up allll night. The only thing I ate today was eggs, bacon and a biscut..so I'm hella starving right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you ladies had a good day!!

suetalks
11-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Susan- Congrats on the new job. Sounds good!

You all are too talkative for me..I have read and read, now have no time for indies. Rest assured, I loved all the Halloween pics., smelled the chili and cinnabon bread, am awaiting pics. of Katy and Cristina in their new glasses, also looking forward to Tammy's wedding tales, hoping Dominic gets his teeth in and feels better, likewise feeling better for Marissa, Sassy, Asia...and Happy BD to Logan..and a late HB to Leigh. LOL!!

I spent most of the day doing laundry, ugh! Cleaned out the fridge since no one had cooked for 2 weeks...now need to re-stock. My hours are still screwed up...3 hour time difference has me eating at weird times.
I refused to weigh in until Monday...and may not even then. Tomorrow my goal is to ride the bike!! Actually, in 2 weeks I think I ate well 75% of the time. I walked ALOT in San Diego and the last 4 days in Vegas. We only ate twice a day and had almonds and rice cakes for snacks between meals. DH said he thought I did great, but I am a little worried.

San Diego is my new favorite place. Our boys' friend had such a cute beach place for us to rent (at a discount) and I plan to go back ASAP. The street in front went directly to the beach, about 2 blocks away...downhill. Was a fun walk until you came back UP hill. After 3 days I had sore muscles in places I didn't know I had muscles. (in my rear section) I walked to the beach 2 or 3 times each day, walked along the sand or the street above, and sat and watched the sunset one night. Even saw a wedding on the beach. DH and I walked for 90 minutes one night just to find a salad for dinner. :) Of course, the best of that trip was seeing "baby boy" and step-son. We had several good talks and meals together. We planned to eat at their community pool one afternoon and sit around the outside bar area, but that was the one day it was overcast and cool. We sat out for about an hour and nixed eating outside. Mostly San Diego has beautiful weather...and I want to live there. :)
Las Vegas was even more busy than when we were last there..just crazy busy!! Fun though. We rented a car so were able to go to our old neighborhood and snoop around. Spent several days looking at condos and of course, gambling. DH had some luck, me, not so much. We made an offer on a condo, but it is pretty convoluted to buy from a bank (repo) and we doubt if we get it. There are so many out there, and some are really the pits. One area I liked had nothing but really nasty, in need of re-model units. I was disappointed that we wouldn't be able to live where I wanted. I just didn't feel the "love" of completely gutting a place. One we wanted was upstairs, so we debated that (with Mom climbing stairs) and by the time we decided to go for it the bank had set it up for auction. Just wasn't meant for us I guess. Anyway, next week we will find out if we get ours or if they counter our offer. We left a little wiggle room, but won't go much higher. I hate to get excited, but I must admit I am decorating it in my mind....lol.

I have to get to bed so I can start getting back on a regular schedule. Here I feel like it is still 3 hours earlier...and oh darn, I think the time changes tonight, so that will further screw up my internal clock.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Hope you are enjoying your week-end!!

p.s. I will pass on the Christmas exchanges and such. Just don't know if we will be here or have to go back West in the next few weeks.....everything is up in the air. I have e-mail addresses of some and will ask for those of others tomorrow...I can at least send online cards even from Vegas. :)

FrouFrou
11-02-2008, 01:18 AM
Hello ladies...

Up a little later than usual...getting a little sleepy.

SUSAN...sounds like you girls had one crazy, busy night! Glad Gaby won the ribbon, yay! And glad you had company...bet your mom has been wanting to come see your new place since you moved there. And :bravo: on the job! :yay:

SUE...glad to see you back, missed you! Keeping my fingers crossed you guys get the place! :crossed: Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time!

FRANCIE...glad you feel a little better, at least you are eating. Breakfast sounds really good too!

Hi to everyone else :wave: Hoping all is well with you :hug:

I think I am going to go to bed in just a few minutes.

I didn't get any exercise in as planned, or like I wanted. Too busy running with V and then had to be home at 2 so...time got away from us.

Josh & the fam came over early. The turds thought it would take longer but was trying to surprise me with their new SUV. V went to the store and came back and said something about he didn't know who's car was in the driveway-in his spot. I said what do you mean...you've seen their car before. He said I have not seen this...and I said what? Did you guys get a new car, lol. They did. It's mildly used...a 2008 Dodge Durango with 13,000 miles on it. I called them copycats, lol. Anyway, dinner was nice...we had a nice visit and I told them we have to do a family dinner every other week(end).

Have a great rest of the weekend!

tommysgirl18
11-02-2008, 01:42 AM
just wanted to stop in quickly while the computer was up.....

the party went well! every body had a blast! the food was great, and it went quickly! we even got a couple of pizza's when some more people showed up a little bit later on.

I am so tired so I am going to have to come back on Sunday to catch up with every body! I am also going to try to upload the pictures to myspace right now, but I am thinking that it won't happen until Sunday!

suetalks
11-02-2008, 01:07 PM
I cheated...I weighed this morning. I am stoked that I only gained 2 pounds, heck I do that back and forth on a regular day. I am sure if I ride the bike and eat right I will be back down this week.

Be back later..phone call.

tommysgirl18
11-02-2008, 02:59 PM
sue~ it is good to have you back!

nothing major on this end.......just still cleaning up a little bit from yesterday. but all in all, it was a good day yesterday and every body had fun!

FrouFrou
11-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Just thought I would stop by and say Hi :wave:

I hate the time change...already thinking it is later than it is!

Mowed the front and back today and thinking that will be the last mow of the season, or hoping anyway. That is my exercise for the day.

Guess that's about it...need to get off this thing and get my laundry done and some packing up of somethings, books and such. Tired of the clutter and we are putting the house up for sale-UGH! I DO NOT want to move or go thru this crap again...that wasn't in my plans!!! :tantrum::tantrum: Of course you know what I always says happens when I make plans, go figure. I am too old for this! Anyway...stressed out and I have things to do so adios for now.

Hoping everyone is having a good Sunday!

Mom2Gaby
11-02-2008, 07:53 PM
:hug:Sunday.

Is it?? lol I have been too busy this week but it should be slower since I plan on quitting the rehab job tomorrow. I haven't done it yet, I know,,,,what a slow poke.
I was just going to work at the motel and chill til Saturday when I start at the hospital.

blah - blah.

I would love to visit San Diego Sue! When my father was alive he was wanting to retire there since his best friend had relocated to that city. I would just like to at least see it and go to their zoo. Yay, on only a 2 pound gain during vacation!

Mindee- sounds like you all had a fun time!

Cristina - ick on the thought of moving. I am sorry you are stressed, don't forget to breathe! :) :hug::hug:

Sassy & Jules - hope you gals are feeling better!

Franice- Glad you survived the hangover!! You rock. lol I didn't know you weren't feeling good because of THAT......not that I don't want you to feel good. lol anyway.....love the Halloween pic's of you and Fonzo.

Katy, Asia, Tammy - come chat when you get a chance!

anyway, only 4 hours at the motel this morning. .....was able to get Gabsters hair trimmed this afternoon , now I need to buy her a new shirt for her picture retakes. I guess that is it, CURVES tomorrow and see about joining that.

HAVE to throw the halloween candy out...I have no control once I get started and it is making me sick. I need to make me a salad for dinner.

k- better get, chat tomorrow.

RosieKate
11-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Sue - Welcome Home! We missed you...sounds like you had a marvelous time!

Susan- I hear you about the candy...I got rid of most of it, but I ate too much of what was left today - gah. I did get in a one hour hike, so hopefully I burned off most of it.

Cristina - Moving? oh yuck..I'm sorry. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and I agree with Susan - don't forget to breathe! Where are you moving to?

Mindee - I skipped on over to myspace and looked at your pix...what a fun party! The kids look great and Logan looked like he was having a blast.

Francie - your pix looked great, too - great costumes! It was worth the hangover:dizzy:

Hi Jules, Asia, and Tammy!

We survived Halloween/Leigh's birthday...lotsa fun, but a whirlwind of a day. I'm glad to have the extra hour..I'm sure I spent it sleeping. Between birthday prep and volunteering last week, I made a decision about going back to school. Going to go back starting in the summer get an ESL endorsement for my teaching license. It's three terms of part time graduate courses, then a practicum which will hopefully lead to employment the following fall. I've taken courses here and there over the years to keep up my license, but this will be a bigger commitment. I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to getting back into teaching...I've been out for a long time!

Other than the Halloween binge, eating has been ok and my weight has not budged. Here's hoping for a loss next week now that the candy is out of the way.

Ciao!

suetalks
11-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Well, after doing laundry yesterday I had to iron today. AND I didn't get it all finished, so I have to plan another attack of ironing this week. Ugh. My sleep schedule is still screwed up, or more so after the time change too. I haven't felt rested since we got home.

Tomorrow I take mom to one of her Drs. and try to remember to stop by the heart Dr. for a new script. She also wants to stop by the vet and her bank. That might kill the afternoon since her appt. isn't until 12:45. Well, at least I won't have to iron tomorrow....lol. Have nothing planned for the rest of the week.

Katy- I think it sounds very exciting to be going back to classes and getting ready to teach again. Something I wish I had done when I was younger.

Susan- Yeah...take a break, relax before you start the full time job. I hope it all works out for you. Bet you will be getting plenty of exercise on the job though.

Cristina- Yikes...girlie, you just got settled in there. Sorry you are putting the house up for sale. :hug: Moving out of the area, or just near-by? I sure don't want to move any time soon. The family dinner idea is a good one. We used to go to Mom's house on Sunday's, usually every week or every other week. Now my kids are scattered and my grands are too busy...oh, boo hoo Sue. :)

Mindee- Sounds like a nice party. I will have to go look at your photos. Are you still walking at night? I planned to ride the bike after dinner today and was surprised to see it was so dark....darn. Now I have to plan for an earlier ride every day I guess. :(

Sassy, Jules, Asia, Tammy and all....Hope the week-end has been good for you all. :)

I mentioned Grands earlier and wanted to share a pic of my DGD. Also a couple pics of our trip. (a chair at Jimmy Buffet's and the beach in SD)

tommysgirl18
11-03-2008, 02:34 AM
really quickly from me for now.........

Marissa and Logan have a doctor's appointment tonight. Logan has his three year check up and Marissa has her 18 month check up. Not sure if they will need shots or not, but I am hoping that they won't be too bad if they do need them!

we had a very busy weekend, and it seems like it took a toll on all of us. we were all still dragging our butts on Sunday, so lets hope that the time change doesn't screw with us any more and we can get back into the swing of things!

thanks for the nice comments on the pictures! Logan had a blast opening all the cards. The funny thing about it all though......if the card had money in it, he would throw the money on the floor and go about what he was doing with the card.

my sister Katy made his cake......and she was already talking to Brandon about his cake for his birthday. we tossed around some ideas for Brandon and Marissa's birthday party in April. But like she said, we still have plenty of tie before that, so we can toss around as many ideas as we want!

Sue~ Nope, I haven't done my walking every night like I was doing. I stopped for a little bit because there was a guy that was lurking around the complex and Tommy didn't want me to take any chances out there with Marissa. I am going to get back into the habit of doing my walking dvd during the day.

I have a plan to do my walking dvd in the morningish hours, and then doing a 30 minute below the belt dvd that I have later on.....wish me luck on trying to fit it all in and to figure out the right schedule for me.

Sassy_Chick
11-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Howdy Ya'All. :wave:

Well I feel loads better, still not 100% yet, but lots better thanks to Mucinex! :carrot: Now its basically just my nose dripping........

So anyways that is about it...........

I'm off to bed.........one night down and two more to go!!! (work)

TTYL,

I know this is a Christmas one, but it is so darn cute, I just had to use it!!! lol.

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/698/698914esmlvhuhx1.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

FrouFrou
11-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Morning, ladies...

Just a quick fly by while I am taking a break...V took the next two days off so we can stage the house, ugh. She (the realtor) suggested some painting, double ugh! I think it is ridiculous that a house has to be staged now days to get it sold. She didn't think my pink bath would go over so well...imagine that, lol. We figured that but then she said to paint the gold, ugh...it goes down the hall, on and conintues down into the foyer and then family room and she wants the family room painted! :yikes: Anyway, that is what is on the agenda today. Trying to get things straightened and looking good for pictures today. I better get going...V is waiting. I will chat more later and do indies...I am sure I will need a break this evening.

Have a great Monday ladies! :hug:

Shopaholic1204
11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey everyone!! I just wanted to share my good news. Its nothing major, but I'm proud of myself.

Yesterday, we ordered some pizza & breadsticks..and I only had one slice and one breadstick (they smelled soo good I couldnt resist, lol). And instead of having something sugary for dessert..I had an orange instead. :) Yay me!! LoL!!

Okay..I'm gonna go read now. BBL!!

tommysgirl18
11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I am popping in here quickly, I finished up folding and putting away the laundry. Now, I have a couple of other things to do before tonight. Marissa and Logan have a doctor's appointment tonight. Logan has his three year check up and Marissa has her 18 month check up. I can't remember if either one needs shots, but I hope that they won't be grumpy if they do!

I will have to come back later on when I have a little bit more time, and a lot less things to do!

Shopaholic1204
11-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeAnna Pappas called off her engagment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/bachelorette-winner-deanna-papas-calls-off-engagement

Poor Jesse :(

suetalks
11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Afternoon chickies...On a fast track here. I just got home from errands/Dr/CVS/bank with Mom. Now I have to think of something for dinner and get my butt out on the bicycle before I cook.
Weigh in was still UP today, but I can get it back to where it was....and beyond....hear me roar? :)

Hope your Monday is going super!

suetalks
11-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Francie- I was going through my pictures from the beach...this one made me think of you, wanting an outdoor renewal ceremony. They were waiting for the sun to start setting and it was beautiful when it did. (my camera is whacked out, so none of my pics were very clear)

FrouFrou
11-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Back again...

SUE...beautiful pictures! Love the chair! And your GD is beautiful! Hoping all went well with your mom at the docs.

SUSAN...you sound like me...gave all the candy away! Curves will be a lot of fun, I think you will like it.

MINDEE...loved all the pictures! Especially the BD cake!

KATY...how exciting for you, heading back to teach! Glad you guys survived the BD & Halloween!

SASSY...hope you are feeling better, and yes, that is too cute!

FRANCIE...yay to just one piece of pizza and breadstick! :carrot:

HIYA TAMMY, ASIA, & JULES :wave:

About moving...we are not sure where we are moving as of yet. But we are looking outside of the city which is what we should have done to begin with. We are actually going to look at two houses this evening where J & C live. I tell ya...if we have to move after this I am just going to live in my car, lol.

Anyway, I did manage to get in a walk this morning and that was it...guess it is better than nothing. The eating is horrible...darn stress eating and I am snapping out of it because I refuse to gain this weight back! :nono:

Better get back to work.

Have a good evening!

jules1216
11-03-2008, 07:55 PM
feeling a little better..you girls have been busy little posters..going to bed early tonight again...

Mom2Gaby
11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey All,

I can't believe DeAnna, Jesse is a sweetie, her loss...........

and speaking of loses I haven't lost much these last few weeks. lol I was 150 this morning. :yikes: I am w/ you Cristina, I refuse to gain back!!!

Jules - Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Katy - Very exciting about going back to school, I am sure you will love it. Jealous alittle but maybe after things calm down next summer (because I plan to move to Astoria) I can think of taking some classes. Anyway, happy for you! I am glad L's party went well.

Sue - Ick to laundry...lol. You have a beautiful granddaughter!

Mindee- You need to slow down too! Hope the doctors appts go well. Did you get the kids their flu shots yet? I was thinking of doing that for myself and Gaby.

Cristina - sorry about the moving. It makes sense to be closer to J & C though, especially since you help w/ the little ones. I guess I should throw the halloween candy away...my mom said to just eat it all at once and be done with it. lol Gross. I didn't make Curves today, way behind for some reason.....maybe tomorrow.

Sassy- I am glad you are feeling better and way cute picture! :)

Franice- poor Jesse, do you know when the new Bachelor show starts?? Good for you on eating clean, I bet that felt good???

Not that I would know. lmbo

Hi to everyone else!!

I have to get Gaby home from a long day. She didn't have school so she went to all day care. I worked 5 hours and went shopping, dropped in at the apt and there was a message from the retirement village wanting to know if I was still interested, after 6 weeks. Ugh. So , I called back and they offer full time, with full medical, not as must pay though. It would mean working w/ seniors , which I like but I would have to work 2 jobs still.

blah - blah.....I just drive myself crazy with all the possibilites. lol I need to stop that. I will take the hospital one and focus on that for the next few months and it is soooooo close to Gaby's school and an area that I would love to live in. And working in a hospital that can lead to something better in the future.

feel ill about the 150 but my body does seem to like that number...maybe I should just take it easy and focus more on toning?? Probably lose weight doing that anyway....

k- guess I have done enough damage. haha

chat more tomorrow. :D

suetalks
11-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Quickie...I rode 2 miles and my legs screamed at me. :)

Mom's Dr. was pleased and gave her a few months reprieve. He hopes her meds. keep her pain at bay since he can not do surgery on her. Now if her heart Dr. gives her a thumbs up in 2 weeks we will be happy.

Dentist in the a.m. and lunch with my BFF (friends for 48 years) Thursday...otherwise, a slow week.

Happy Tues. to all...

Shopaholic1204
11-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Susan~I dunno when the new one starts. Is Jason gonna be the new Bachelor?? How could DeAnna not want Jesse?? He was so sweet, fun, and cute!! Psh she needs to get over herself. She's just a liar saying she wanted true love and blah blah blah.

Sue~BFF's for 48 years!! Wow..I've known my friend Elyse for 11 years!!!

tommysgirl18
11-04-2008, 02:12 AM
again, I am popping in here quickly! I am trying to name all the pictures that don't have any on my computer. It makes it so much easier to find them when I need them that way!

we went to the kids doctor's appointment! all of them are great. they all got their flu shots, and Marissa got a couple that she was needing. Brandon wasn't too sure about getting one since we told him that he wasn't going to be getting seen. I then told him that the shot would mean that he wouldn't miss any days of school, and he gladly took it without even crying!

now, wouldn't you know it, I hear a little barking seal coming from the bedroom! good thing he doesn't have school on Tuesday! (at least that is the one that I am thinking that it is!)

I am off to finish naming my pictures, checking my email, trying to get a grocery list/dinner list going, and then off to bed!

RosieKate
11-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Well, DeAnna turned out to be in it for the fame, I guess. Believe it or not, I did watch the youtube and he looks like someone kicked him in the stomach. Francie, I did read that Jason will be a new Bachelor. Let's hope he doesn't turn into a major douchebag (pardon my french)

Mindee - glad the kiddoes all checked out ok. I need to schedule my little darlings for their checkups. Flu shots for everyone - yippee.

Susan- the hospital job sounds like a good move..2 jobs would wear you down after awhile. I thought you were already in Astoria. Are you in Hammond?
I need to pay better attention.

Sue - glad your mum is feeling better...hope she gets her thumbs up in two weeks. My grandma is getting a pacemaker tomorrow and we are all glad. The meds hadn't been working, so now the pm should take care of her arrythmia and she can stop taking meds.

Cristina- I remember when you did all that painting and it looks so good! Whenever I read about selling, they always say stick to neutrals paints..guess it helps people envision living in the house, but I for one like to see color on walls. How's the market where you are? Ours isn't as bad as the rest of the country. Houses are taking longer to sell, and for not as much, but our neighborhood hasn't seen a huge wave of foreclosures. Hope you are able to get a buyer quickly.

Jules - hope you are feeling better

Sassy - that Christmas pic is very cute..getting me in the spirit of things :D Hope your nose stopped dripping? Have you ever tried a Neti pot (http://www.himalayaninstitute.org/Netipot/NetiPotGateway.aspx)? I have one and it is a big help with stuffed up noses.

Hi to Tammy and Asia!

Yesterday was a busy one. I did Water aerobics at 6 am, then to L's school at 8, then again at 10. Off to acupuncture at 11:30. L had a friend over after school, then off to a short soccer practice for J. Whew! Thank goodness for Dancing with the Stars...I knit and unwound to cha chas and paso dobles. I think Susan Lucci may be the next to go...but it's hard to say. Soap opera stars have rabid fan bases and tend to stick around for a long time in the competition. Today is mellower. I have pilates, then I need to clean out my office. I am organizing a soccer party and a Robotics Party, and I need to do my monthly budget for Nov. Yikes! It's a computer day, folks.

It's election Day! Don't forget to vote! Madonna says so (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSM9eLptGsY) ( snort) Sorry...had to take a little trip down memory lane there.

Shopaholic1204
11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Mindee~Wow, he must really like school then. I would've given anything to stay home from school, lol. I need to name my pics too..but instead, I have them all in folders.

katy~Poor Jesse..omg, thats so sad. :( I hate DeAnna now. She broke his heart. I should give him a hug, lol. So Jason will be the new Bachelor. Do you know when it will start?? I think him & Jesse are better off without DeAnna.

Sassy_Chick
11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Hola.

Well now it is all in my head. I feel like all I do is blow my nose! lol. I had a very difficult time trying to stay awake lastnight too. UGH. One more night then I am off --TG!!!

Well I'm off to bed!!!

Have a Good One!!!

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/207/207660dkz3cwv66h.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Mom2Gaby
11-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Good Morning,

Scale said 147 this morning, woo hoo. Maybe I was full of sodium or chocolate....full of something for sure. haha.

Katy - I live in Warrenton at the moment, I really wanted Astoria but think summer is a good goal date, I couldn't stand to move before that time and I will need to save moving money. I think I can get a cute place pretty cheap, I like the idea of dublexes in the old Victorian homes, that would be nice. I saw one for only $500 ((1 bedroom))last week w/ a river view and close to the hospital. I had all of Gaby's swimmer damanged hair cute off last Sunday and here I thought she was becoming a blonde. lol I agree. 2 jobs looks nice on paper w/ all the $$$ signs but I would be working from 9 to 10:30 5 days a week. lol Argh......hung up my superwoman cape a long time ago! :)

Francie - I think Bachelor starts this month, maybe after Thanksgiving??

:wave: hi to Mindee & Sassy....and everyone else.

I better get to the motel, full day of CNN. I also need to work on Gaby's daycare for next week, During the week of training at the hospital I need to be there at 7am :yikes: and the daycare centers don't even open til 7. So, I am networking and have 2 leads! Hope I get some positive results.

FrouFrou
11-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Good morning, ladies...

SUSAN...yeah, that would be some long hours for sure. Yay to 147! :carrot: Full day of CNN eh? You crack me up! the duplex sounds beautiful...anything with a view of a lake or ocean is always nice. Good luck with finding daycare!

KATY...the market here is not so bad. The realtor said the average sell of a house is about 77 days but it is taking a little longer...they are selling, just taking a little longer. Don't think the foreclosure rate is high here...I know there was one in our neighborhood but that was a while and not because of the market. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead, and had one yesterday as well. Have fun planning the soccer and robotics party. Loved the Madonna video, lol...she was so white and skinny!

MINDEE...glad the kids are well.

SASSY...hugs to you, and hope you feel better soon. Such a cute little kitty.

FRANCIE...I never could get into the Bachelor/ette after the first one. I tried again after a few shows-still couldn't watch, lol.

SUE...48 years!!! Wow, that is great! Glad your mom got a thumbs up and hoping she gets another from the heart doc! Ugh, dentist...have fun there ;) Have a great lunch with your friend.

HIYA TAMMY, ASIA & JULES...hoping all is well with you ladies.

Nothing much planned today. V took another day off to do some more painting. He's almost done witht he hallway and the one living room wall, then heading down the basement. Glad he is painting and not me! I will be working on packing up Josh's room and working on the family room and our closets. He went and got a storage unit to put some stuff there. Mostly garage stuff and boxes in the basement, and Josh's stuff. I am sure we will be ready for the realtors showing next Tuesday.

Did start the day off with my walk. Didn't get anything (exercise wise) done yesterday other than my walk. So today I am making sure I get in more and lots of water! I have been lacking in the water dept. So much for a water challenge!

Hoping to go look at two houses today. Out of the two last night, the one we didn't get to see. They had two lock boxes and she only had one code to the one and the key in it didn't even fit any of the locks. So going to try and see it today. Don't like looking at houses in the dark anyway...you can't see everything outside. Okay...better get and get something done.

Have a wonderful day! :hug:

tommysgirl18
11-04-2008, 05:08 PM
well, we have a day of chaos going on here. Brandon didn't have school today, so I was busy cleaning out our walk in closet, and they were playing and watching Nickalodeon. now we can actually walk into our walk in closet!

Logan was a turd and broke the centerpiece that was at our wedding. So, I had to hurry up and get them off the bed, so that I could take care of the broken glass. I tossed two bags of garbage.....took a bag over to the laundry room with some girls clothes in it, three books, and I think that was it.

I can't help but want to clean now since we had to do so much of it while getting ready for Logan's party. Now, that seems to be all that I want to do! OH yeah, I also have Tommy's work clothes in the dryer....so that will be my escape later!

sorry to cut this short, but the natives are getting restless again!

Mom2Gaby
11-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Cristina- I wouldn't want to look at houses in the dark either. I have never owned a house or even been close though the ex and I were looking when we were together back in the 90's. He has a GI loan that he could use still, I wish he would do something w/ it for the sake of the R's. Anyway, I am glad the market there is good and you and V find a place soon. :) And thanks for the yay on 147, but you know............I have been there several times. lol

Mindee- Good for you on the walk in closet!!:carrot: I have only been in the new place 2 months and it already needs some deep cleaning. lol Serious. I open the walk in closet this morning and shoved in the vacuum. And I really need to get some mopping in.....:dizzy: Oh, I still have to go look at your myspace and the pictures!

I did find day care for Gaby at the ungodly hour of 6:30am next week!:carrot: Her teacher had given me the name of a lady that lives 2 blocks from the school and when I called she agreed to provide the daycare for the 3 days that I need it. So,yay....what a huge relief and 2 other children she watches are in Gaby's class so she will know them.I have seen the lady walk the kids to school before, looked like little ducks in a row.....haha.We will go Friday and meet her in person and let Gaby see where she will be going on Monday morning. My normal hours(after the week of training) will be 11am to 7:30pm on week days and 7am to 3:30 on S/S.

The ladies at the motel are dropping like flies, I hate to leave them in the lurch. The head housekeeper left w/ cancer (and she is only 36) and this other one asked if I would cover her Friday because she has to go in for a cat-scan. Sheesh, makes a good point for perventive care! Anyway, I am sore from all the stooping and pushing. I have had 2 deep cleanings this week and it is brutal on the legs and back. *wah,wah

They do have some beautiful homes here that are old boarding homes and such that have been made into 4-plexes or more. I think Astoria has the most registered historic homes in Oregon, if not the USA. blah - blah.

Sassy - hope you are getting some rest! Cute tiger pix. So, are we all set for the X-MAS exchange?!?!??! :present:

One last word on DeAnna.......the reason she is a turd is she raked Brad over the coals for the way he treated her and she does the same thing to Jesse. If you don't love someone you don't love someone.......just don't make it a point every show (like DeAnna did) to put the guy (Brad) down. :gossip::gossip::gossip:

k- adios, I have to go get the Gabster and get back to my CNN watch! :D

FrouFrou
11-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Back again for a few minutes...

SUSAN...glad you found daycare. Also, good news that Gaby will know someone. Yeah, you may have been at 147 before but this is a new time, lol. Yeah, kinda dumb looking at a house in the dark...darn time change. Sorry to hear about the co-worker...that's terrible-cancer at 36...cancer at any age is terrible but I think it's sadder when you are young.

MINDEE...you are doing what I was supposed to do today, lol. I will get to it-I have a week so...but you are more than welcome to come on over and do it for me, lol.

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Hope you find us Kristi.

Okay, me and V have been gone most of the afternoon so I didn't get more exercise in and I really need to go do more right now! So...I am off to do the treadmill.

Have a good evening :)

suetalks
11-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Busy day.......I had the dentist appt. this a.m. (have to go back for a loose filling repair, ugh.) then breakfast with DH. Still trying to catch up around here...I wonder if it is really worth going away?
I made potato salad, baked beans and a pie (for Mom) today along with cleaning house. Tomorrow is more ironing and hopefully exercise. I sure haven't done much of that. It gets dark so darn early now and I have to re-schedule my day to get the outdoor things done. Actually, I feel like an airhead because I looked out and it was dark...just as I was thinking of riding. (2 days now..grrr.) And I am not blond.

Disclaimer to all the blonds: Just a haha..not serious. :)

tommysgirl18
11-05-2008, 01:04 AM
well, I am sitting on my butt trying to relax! with Brandon home from school, it made today seem like a day from ****! none of them took a nap, so it made for an interesting time while trying to make dinner. Tommy went and cleaned two of the buildings while I made dinner. He came in the door and said that he could hear me yelling at the kids from across the parking lot. (I am not sure if that is a good thing or not)

I feel like I accomplished something with cleaning out our closet, although it wasn't on my list of things to do today! although I did get Tommy's work clothes washed so that made it off the list!

SuzieQ~ At least your vacuum has a place in the house! Our vacuum sits on our front porch! We don't have any room in the closets inside to keep it, so we stash it on the front porch. It really sucks in the winter time if we need to vacuum!

Cristina~ You want to take the kids? Or heck, I would leave them with Tommy for a while so I can think without getting screamed at! But then again, as soon as I hit the main road we live off of I would miss them! (even though they try to see how loud they can scream before they get yelled at)

Sue~ It is good to see you back on here! how was your vacation? I am the same way....I keep telling Tommy that the next time I dye my hair it will be blond!

lovnmom
11-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Good morning ladies, I am a 44 year old mother of 4. I work part time and volunteer for our soccer league, cub scouts, and at church. To say the least Sept and Oct are very busy months for me. Sadly, I completely fell off the wagon and gained 6 pounds in just 6 weeks. I'm looking for fellow dieters who will help me stay on track. Cristina was nice and invited me here to share.
I'm totally starting like back in kdg. I had completely quit taking care of myself. Fruits and veggies and exercise haven't been part of my life and neither has water. I'd thrown out all the basics even! The past two days I have eaten at least 2 fruits and 4 veggies and have drank my 2 qts of water. I took a 4 mile walk with a friend yesterday and am doing 5 miles with the Boy Scouts today. I have a handful that need the 5 miles to earn Second Class. I have a great husband and my children are all over 8 yrs old so, my diet struggles are all of my own making. Thanks for giving me room to talk.

FrouFrou
11-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Good morning, ladies...

KRISTI...good to see ya! :hug: Sounds like you are one busy wife & momma. I think we all fall off the wagon, some of us (me) more than once. But you are back on track and that's all that matters. Good job on the 4 mile walk and have fun with the 5 miles today! :carrot:

MINDEE...I am the same, can't get too far from the fam. Okay, as cute as your kids are, I will have to pass, lol. I don't think I could handle three...shoot, when Cambrie is over she is more than a handful. So what was on the menu for dinner? Something good I am sure.

SUE...yeah, this time change has got me all mixed up. My body refuses to acknowledge it, lol. I have to remember it gets dark sooner! Mmm, potato salad, baked beans and pie, eh? Sounds good to me!

HIYA KATY, SUSAN, JULES, ASIA, SASSY & FRANCIE!

I was up early...wanted to get an early start to the day so I can get things done. Have a few errands to run...get tags, find some shrubs (2), take something to Penneys (they forgot to take that theft thing off the collar of a hoodie i bought for Josh for Christmas), and pick up a few things from the grocery store. But...I want to start the day off with my walk. Thinking I will only do half of it and then half later...or jump on the treadmill. I did get in some more exercise time last night and feeling good about that...sort of, lol. My neck and shoulders are a little sore. I haven't done the weights in a few days and if nothing else I need to do at least 5 minutes a day so I don't have the soreness. Have to stay on top of this exercise, moving or not. Yesterday I think I did get a great workout fighting the wind while walking...it was pretty bad. A little windy today as well and looks like rain so...better get before it starts, if it does. BBL

Have a great morning!

Sassy_Chick
11-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Hola. :wave:

Its me, the sickie. lol. :sp: I felt like crapola lastnight, then as the night went on I felt better, but now I keep coughing...........Plus on top of all that I started my period, AGAIN!!!! :tantrum: Just what I need!!! So I am taking my meds and heading to bed. At least I am FREEEEEEEE from work....(at least until Sunday Night!!!) lol.

Suzy Q -- UGH I have been so bad about that Christmas Exchange. Since I've been sick and all........just been trying to muttle through work and everything........I made it!!! :woohoo: lol. Anyways, if ya wanna give me the list I can do it or if you or anybody else wants to take over, that is fine too!!! Sorry I have been "out of it lately!!!" lol.

Ok, Take Care Everybody!!!!

"G'Night!!!!"

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/911/911091tv52niy9k9.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Shopaholic1204
11-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Just dropping by to say Hi :wave:

Welcome Kristy..hope you like it here!!!

Sassy or whoever is in charge now, I think I'm going to drop out of the gift exchange.

Mom2Gaby
11-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Good Morning,

Welcome Kristi! Falling off the wagon so to speak seems to be popular in trying to lose weight. Getting back on is the most important thing! :cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2: Anyway, a huge welcome and we are doing a Christmas exchange so if you would like to be a part of that just let us know!

So, sure I will take do the Christmas exchange .........the list I have of late was:present:
Cristina
Asia
Jules
Sassy
Susan

I am not sure about Katy,Mindee,Kristi, or Tammy???
Thinking Sue and Francie were passing??

Ya, this is how I take a test, I guess. lol Trust me you don't want me doing CPR on you. haha

anyway, we will scramble the names by Monday and go from there..........how does that sound?

Sassy - sorry you aren't feeling well!

Mindee - yikes girl....I always can shove a vacuum in somewhere. lol You are a very good mom, I don't know how you do it (besides yelling - lol -jk), my hats off to you.

Cristina - I love the wind but ya...walking in it is tough but you probably burn more calories that way? Anyway, hope the soreness goes away.

Sue - hoping the dentist visit goes ok for you. I always come home from vacations exhausted. lol

Hi to Jules, Tammy, Katy, and Asia!

I have to get to work, hope I don't have to deep clean....that means moving the beds and furniture to clean under and behind and defrosting the fridge....which if it is real bad you get a hair dryer. blah - blah

k- chat more later.

suetalks
11-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Susan- You always start my day with a smile. And I need one today...lol.

Took forever to wake up since I was up late. I had a bowl of cereal and half banana. Trying to get on track. Rode 2 miles and then talked on the phone to DD for awhile. (DGD just got her wisdom teeth out last week, then got the flu. Now DD has the flu and probably brought it over here yesterday. ugh. Hope not)

As for the rest of the day, I am up to my ears in ironing...and need to get in gear.

Welcome Kristi! Hi to everyone! Happy hump day....

lovnmom
11-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Cristina, You're lucky you got out of Penney's!!! Great job on the exercise. Hope the soreness goes away soon. Thanks for the welcome.

Sassy, Hope you're feeling better soon.

shopaholic, thanks for the welcome. Loved your halloween costume!

mom2gaby, Thanks for the welcome. I'll decline on the gift exchange for this year. Thanks for asking me though. That's very nice. Hope work went well today.

suetalks, Great job on getting the ride done and having a healthy brkfst. Thanks for the welcome.

My food choices have been good, dishes are "mostly" done, my confirmation lesson is prepared and I will soon be heading out for my hike. The sun is shining. It's a good day, hope your's is too.

Kristi

FrouFrou
11-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Back again...

KRISTI...DD asked me how I managed to get out of the store too! This was the second time this happened. Bought the hubby a pair of jeans a while back and they didn't take the thingy off. I won't try to take those things off. Have a nice hike!

SUSAN...I am still in for the Christmas exchange, nothing will change that. Oh yeah, yesterday I am sure I burned lots of cals due to the wind...it was really bad. They had wind advisories out. Was surprised I didn't see any kids, cows or dogs flying thru the air, lol. Used a lot of gas yesterday too, in the vehicle that is, lol. Hope you don't have to deep clean today!

SUE...good job on the 2 miles! And hope you guys don't get the flu. Sorry about all the ironing...hey, it's good exercise, or at least you are burning some cals.

FRANCIE...hi, bye :wave:

SASSY...gets some rest! Try and enjoy your days off.

Hello again JULES, KATY, TAMMY, ASIA and MINDEE :wave:

I am trying to realx before either heading out the door for a walk, or work on J's room. After getting off the computer this morning, I went to get dressed and the rain beat me to my walk. Rained off and on all morning. The sun is shining now so may go get in half at least. Then the plan is to do a dvd and walk on the treadmill :crossed: Getting lazy again for some reason. I can't quit though...too close to my 1,500 mile goal by January 1. And have to work on the 7 pound goal by Christmas, 6 now.

Did get most of the stuff on my list done...couldn't do the shrubs because I wasn't going to a nursery in the rain. Then spent about a hour at the tag office, ugh!!!! :mad: They really, and I mean really need to get some people in there that know what they are doing. Left that place with a big bad attitude and a frown on my face. I still don't think they got it right...going to have V take a look at the stuff. I think a walk will calm me some more and put this upside down frown upright. Just really put me in a mood. Anyway...better get to doing something...I have to get some exercise in and daughter is going to help me with J's room and some family room stuff. Having to get a storage unit again...but not near as much moving as last time.

Take care, ladies and have a wonderful Wednesday! :hug:

RosieKate
11-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Kristy - Welcome! I am very familiar with "one-step-forward-two-steps-back" - ugh. glad you are here :)

Susan- I am not going to do the swap this year...but y'all have fun now!

I just found a big bag of m&ms and I am trying mightily not to put my whole face in it. I have a little sore throat and I am feeling a bit worn out, so it's hard to resist cravings in that state. Send me "stay-out-of-the-candy" vibes chickies!

Mom2Gaby
11-05-2008, 05:12 PM
See, M&M's don't do a thing for me, give me a Baby Ruth and I have no well power....or a butter finger or a Kit Kat or a ...haha. jk.

Hope you throw the m&m's out Katy! I think I will take the rest of my Halloween (ok, Gaby's) to the motel tomorrow.....like, what??? 5 days after the fact.....after I have eaten all the good chocolates. haha

Update on the X-Mas exchange:gift2:

Cristina
Asia
Jules
Sassy
Susan

I am not sure about Mindee, or Tammy???

Sue,Katy,Kristi, and Francie are passing on the exchange.

Sue - I always just iron as I go...so every morning I iron something.lol I hate wrinkles. My mom use to actually have an ironing board but I just throw a towel on a dresser and iron that way. blah - anyway, :hug: to your DGD, thanks for the reminder on the flu shot, I really need to get that done for Gaby and myself.

Kristi - oh, you can call me Susan!:D I have 3 daughters (6.5,17,and almost 16) , I don't know why I made my ID only mom2gaby...maybe because she is the youngest and the one that minds. lol Interested in what kind of dishes you prepare for the day? Glad the sun is shining in your part of the country, cloudy here on the northern Oregon coast.

Cristina - I don't know anything about plants....these are plants you are going to put in where you live?? I only ask because my sister was actually pulling up plants to take w/ her to her new place. I guess w/ the price of nice plants she was just budgeting. lol I didn't have to deep clean, thank goodness. I only put in 3 hours and the manager was finally back after taking time off so I was able to tell her my last day is Friday. lol She was very nice about it and I will make Tuesday my last day at the motel....so, I think my next full day off will be Friday the 14th.

:wave: to Jules, Mindee, Sassy, Francie, Asia and Tammy!

I have a few errands to do before I get Gaby from school, so I better get going. We woke up late this morning because I stayed up for the elections results and I am now addicted to CNN. Gaby was cute she made her lunch of a peanut butter sandwish last night but 1/2 to school she said she didn't want to take it. I might go munch on that for my lunch, starving.

k- chat more later.

tommysgirl18
11-05-2008, 06:12 PM
popping in here quickly......

I am going to have to pass on the gift exchange too.

I have to go outside and wrangle the boys.......I will make it back here later on!

Sassy_Chick
11-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Hola.

TY TY TY SO much Suzy Q (Would you prefer me to call you Susan instead??? I dunno why I am asking now, kinda late, isn't it? lol. I just have always called ya that. LOL!!!) for taking over the Gift Exchange! I surely do appreciate it! ;) :hug: http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1030/1030704pmn5azkh2d.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com) And yes I still wanna be in it!! :) Sorry I haven't been participating as much. :( I hope you forgive me? :^:

:welcome3: Kristi!!! This is a great bunch of people!!!! :hug:

I still am not feeling well, I am coughing now. But I am taking my meds......UGH will this EVER go away? lol. I knew that this would happen with DH starting to work at the Childrens Hospital, it always does when you work in a place where people are sick a lot. So just have to get our immune systems up to par. lol.

DHs coworkers are having a "shin-dig" on Friday and they want me to come to meet them all, but I told dh it depends on how I am feeling...........so we shall see............I did make it all week at work, so I guess it won't hurt to go out for an hour or two...............:p

Well I hope you all are well at least. lol.

I took my shower and got my pillows and am gonna just relax and watch movies........and not worry about a thing!!!! Awwwwwww.........lol.

Have a Good One!!!

:grouphug:

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/989/989885e6pqggeq6v.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

suetalks
11-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Ironing is done...until next wash day. Ugh! J wears nothing but cotton shirts...and they need ironing. I must admit, I iron most of my things too. Just "old" and that is what we always did/do. :) If I could find quality knit shirts for J that have a pocket for his glasses I would stock him up and never iron again. haha..

Okay...my day was short it seems. I went to the grocery after dinner, cut my night right down to nothing. So, I am off to shower and bed. LAter chickies!

suetalks
11-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Sassy- We passed in the night....:) Get your butt down in front of the t.v. and relax. Get feeling better!

Sassy_Chick
11-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Sassy- We passed in the night....:) Get your butt down in front of the t.v. and relax. Get feeling better!

TY SUE -- heading there now!!!! Ya know I never iron anything. I know that is probably weird, but I don't. My mom never did neither.......I guess just different strokes for different folks! lol. First time I learned how to iron was in home ec. class! :lol:

Nightie night!!!!

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/980/980605dqtaynfaj4.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

tommysgirl18
11-06-2008, 01:26 AM
and so the issues of boyfriends and girlfriends have arrived in this house.............already!

After the majority of the guests from Logan's party left this past Saturday, there were still some that were hanging out some more. All of a sudden Logan, who was standing by our front door, screams "Ben!" and then a friend of ours, Jen, says "who is dirty gerty?" I was in the process of telling Logan that Ben (one of our friends, who works here at the complex) wasn't coming over, when he screamed it again, after our friend Jen asked that question. I then stepped to the door, and saw our friend Ben jumping out of the vehicle and said out loud "just when I was about to say that they weren't coming over, they show up."

He came with his wife, their son, and two of their nieces. All the kids were playing nicely in the boys room since that is where all the toys were. Towards the end of the night, Marissa was hanging around Ben's son, Little Ben. Well, Marissa kept closing the bedroom door, and when I would open it up, it would just be her and Little Ben. So, the last time I opened the door, I saw Little Ben hugging Marissa. (and I wish I had gotten a picture of it since it was so cute) So, I then walked back out into the living room where Ben and his wife were sitting and I said "I think my daughter just claimed your son as her boyfriend." Ben's wife laughed and Ben said "they are too young for that."

Fast forward to today and I sent Brandon's teacher an email about his school pictures. She then sent me an email back about the pictures, and then added that Brandon has been a real sweetie to Alexis since they were outside on the playground, and that when she was writing me the email, they were at the puzzle table together. We get him off the bus, and Brandon's bus driver Pam tells us that Brandon had to hold Alexis' hand all the way out of school and in the line to get on the bus. Brandon even more or less kicked Christian (the little boy that normally sits next to him) off the bench so that Alexis could sit next to him.

As for Logan, his little girlfriend Shanna lives around the corner from us. She is just his height and has a full head of blond hair! They were holding hands one day this past summer on the way to the pool. I didn't get a picture of it, but Shanna's mom did.

So, that is what we have been dealing with in this past week!

Sassy~ I hope you start to feel better soon!

Shopaholic1204
11-06-2008, 02:25 AM
Ugh..I think I'm getting sick. My throat has been super dry lately, no matter how much water I drink. And its getting a little sore too. Also, my nose is runny. I really dont wanna be sick.

As for some good news. I bought tickets to the midnight showing of Twilight!!!! I'm sooooooooo excited to see it. I get to see it twice too!! LoL!!!

Okay..I'm going to bed.

Nighty nite.

lovnmom
11-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Cristina, How many miles do you walk each day? Good luck getting everything done. That's nice your DD is willing to help out.

Katy, thanks for the welcome..easy does it on the m&ms chickie ;)

Susan, mmm peanut butter. With having 4 children, all of whom play sports, band, musical, 2 in confirmation, 2 in scouts, etc, I try to keep my personal food prep as simple as possible. My fruit bowel sits out so it's easy to SEE and grab. Brkfst is usually poached eggs and canned fruit. Many times lunch is a Campbell's healthy request, but I add water and spices and a half bag of frozen veggies. Supper I usually try to portion control what the rest of the family is eating. My main concern about keeping it simple is really so my family doesn't view what I do as a "diet." I do not want to send my DD's or DS's for that matter down the road my mom sent me on.

Sassy, This is a great group. So active. I'm loving it. Sure hope you feel better soon. My SIL works in a Children's Hospital also. She does social work and helps parents of premie babies get any kind of help, from financial to emotional, that they need. Difficult, but rewarding work.

Mindee, Good luck with the inlaws!

Shopaholic, Hope your dry throat is just the weather.

It's rainy here this morning so I think I'll do a yoga dvd. I'm suppose to walk with a friend at 2 today, but our weather screen is looking pretty iffy for that. I don't think I'll have to work today so my plans include mopping the kitchen floor and cleaning the bathroom. So exciting I know. My 13 y/o son and 11 y/o daughter have a band concert tonight. I plan to invite my mother for supper and then we'll all go listen together. I'm making that easy Campbell's recipe w/ chix breast, soup, and boxed stuffing so my brkfst and lunch will have to be light. On a good note my weight was down to 140 this morning. I can usually hover here pretty good it's going below and STAYING below 140 that's difficult.

Have a great day ladies!

RosieKate
11-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the cyber support my friends! I measured out one serving and threw the rest away. So I indulged, but didn't stick my face in the bag (and it was a big bag!) WI day is back up to 172..oh well. I guess that isn't so bad considering it was Halloween and Leigh's birthday.

What is with the germs..I have a cold,too.. are we spreading our cold around through our monitors, or what? I skipped gym yesterday and this morning, but I hope to be up to walking to my acupuncture appointment later this morning. That will get me one hour of exercise...if I do it.

Sassy and Francie ( and Jules, I suspect)...hope you are all feeling better...what a drag.

Kristi - sounds like you have a good plan. Most days I start with en egg white omelette with spinach and tomatoes and a piece of fruit. Lunch is a blueberry banana smoothie with rice protein powder, soy milk, and ground flax seed. I have a snack in the afternoon. Ideally it's fruit or veggies with some kind of dip or crackers, but this is also the time of day when I tend to blow it. Now that there is a break in the festivities around her, I'm going to try really hard to stick to the plan, because when I do, it works.

Francie - do you think the Twilight books are ok for 12 year olds? Friend of mine's daughter has a friend who is trying to get her hooked on them and wants her to see the movie. I think the movie should be really good because Catherine Hardwicke is a very good director. Both Thirteen and Nativity Story were very good.

Susan- hope you didn't have to deep clean - yuck. I probably should do that around here at some point. Right now I'm working on "purging"...just going through the kids' toys and clothes and culling out the stuff they have outgrown or no longer play with. Our house isn't vey big and with the birthdays and holidays coming up it'll get out of hand pretty fast. Bet you are looking forward to starting at the hospital!

Mindee - Boyfriends and girlfriends?! Heaven help us all:dizzy:

ok - gotta scoot and get these kids up and ready for school. Have a great day, everyone..hi to anyone I missed!

suetalks
11-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Good morning ladies....Just did a 3 mile ride and it was windy...whew! Just about blew me away. I kept thinking of the old lady on Wizard of Oz riding the bike. LOL...

Now I am off to the shower and then to lunch with my chickie friend. I started a new school in 6th grade and met her...we have been buddies ever since. That was 1960. Ugh...I am NOT that old.

I will do individuals tonight, but wanted to wish the "sickies" well today. Hope you all get better soon!

Shopaholic1204
11-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Kristy~2 of your kids are doing confirmation?? I was gonna do that, but it was just so expensive. I kinda regret not doing it though..

Katy~Ya, I think the books are okay for a 12 year old to read. The last book is a little mature though. The movie is gonna be different from the book, I can already tell you that. Nikki Reed from Thirteen is gonna be in it!! She's not exactly who I would've liked to have seen play Rosalie, but I guess she got cast in it, cuz she knows the director. Thirteen, btw, what an awesome movie!!!

Sue~It's great to still be friends with someone for that long!!! Does she ever get on your nerves?? LoL!!!

I think I got a "virus" from all the sickies on here. LoL!! Sorry..a little computer humor, lol. I feel like crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna go back to bed, except that I'm starving, lol.

Omg, last night, I was so bad, lol. I ate tooooooooooooo many mini Twix, lol. Fonzo had to take them away from me, lol. I probably gained back all my weight, lol. But in my defense..AF showed up on monday, and I didnt eat any candy before or on Halloween (cuz I was totally wasted, and didnt eat anything in general, lol). Oh well..I think my chocolate fix is over now, lol. Time to go back on the wagon again, lol. The side trip was nice, but I need to get back on my path.

Shopaholic1204
11-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh ya...I'm gonna be joining a gym after next payday!!!! I told Fonzo that since he'll be paying it..it will be his job to drive me there and see that I dont waste my membership, lol.

Mom2Gaby
11-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Good Morning,

We made it to school just on time...w/ the time change I have been wide awake at 4am and when I finally get back to sleep I wake up 30 minutes late. Poor me....hope my internal clock catches up soon. :yikes:

Sassy - You can call me anything you want. lol I have been called SuzyQ and Susie and my last name, which is kind of a first name. So. ya.....call me whatever......just don't call me late for dinner. hahaha. anyway, feel better!

Francie - I read Bachelor starts Jan.5th. Hope you aren't getting sick, pop some Vit.C's maybe?

Kristi- I love peanut butter. The food god's must have been thinking something different because when I went to the car to get the peanut butter sandwish the doors were all locked and my keys were in the ignition. Great. So, I called roadside service and they came and opened the door for me, thank goodness for insurance.
I like to add chicken tenderloin and veggies to canned soup. Evenings seem to be the tough time for me, if I can stop at 4pm and tell myself that I am done for the day that helps......course I haven't done that for awhile:D

Katy- Hope you don't get a full blown cold. So far Gab and I are doing ok but I guess Rach is sick w/ a head cold. Have to go to HR today at the hospital and do paperwork. I am looking forward to just 1 job!! :) Thanks.

Sue- sweet you have a friend from grade school, amazing. You are crazy to be riding in the wind. lol , be careful.....

Mindee- omg- the kids start early, huh?? Makes me feel old.....Gaby was silly for Brandon in another 1st grade class, the one she went to the bowling party for...I asked her the other day how he was and she said "I don't know...he plays kick ball w/ the other boys"....lol

oops, have to get to work! :wave: to everyone else!

Mom2Gaby
11-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Update on the X-Mas exchange

Cristina
Asia
Jules
Sassy
Susan

I am not sure about Tammy???

Sue,Katy,Kristi, Mindee and Francie are passing on the exchange.

Sassy_Chick
11-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi All.

UGH all I've been doing is sleeping!!! and I STILL feel like crap!!! Will I ever feel better????!!! lol.

K enough w/ the whining. I guess the good part of feeling bad is I have no appetite and hardly eat a thing.........Hmmmmmm........new weightloss plan? lol............Just kiddin'.

I am kinda hungry but I don't feel up to making anything to eat and we don't really have anything quick and easy.............:(

Well there I go whining again.....maybe you all should give me some cheese with my whine!!! lol..................:rofl:

Kristi -- My DH works on all the machines in the hospital and he totally loves it. He used to be a paramedic/firefighter then he got hurt, so then he went to college and got a degree in computers, so now its kinda the "best of both worlds" and he absolutely loves his job now.

Francie -- That is how mine started!!!! So I feel for you!!! Take some meds and get some rest hon! :hug:

Suzy Q -- LOL. So I will just keep callin' ya Suzy Q then. ;) hee hee hee...

Thanks all for all your well wishes. Well I am off to go yup lay down and watch tv.........again. Maybe this time I won't fall asleep! Ya right! :lol:

:hug:

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/493/493272abf71jgkr8.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

FrouFrou
11-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Hello ladies...

You ladies have been busy little bees posting away.

Can't believe it is noon already, and I haven't gotten anything done...exercise that is. I was actually up at 7 too! Did get to the grocery store and got that stuff put away and that's about it.

Going to brave the wind in a few minutes...was kind of hoping that it would warm up a little. Only supposed to reach 57 but the wind is blowing 50-60 mph. So yeah, good luck to me walking in the wind. Only going to do half the walk and then hit the treadmill, unless I change my mind and just hit the treadmill instead. I was out earlier and it was a little cold...I don't want to get sick so...

Kristi...my route outdoors is 3 miles and then I will do a 2 mile Leslie Sansone Slim & Thin, Sculpt & Burn or Shape & Firm dvd. I will throw in The Biggest Loser Maximum Sculpt as well. I was mowing too but that's over so I will need to fill that in with something else. I try to get between 90-110 mns a day...doesn't always happen especially the last few days. But the way I see it, anything is better than nothing. Sounds like you have a great plan/menu. I need to work on the menu part.

Susan...hospital job will be here before you know it! :hug: I too like peanut butter...especially on english muffins, so good! Yeah the plants are for outdoors. I had pulled up two rose bushes in the front garden area and V thought it would look purdy with two holes, lol. He didn't even bother filling the holes. The plan was to fill them in the spring but need to do something with them now. I like your sister's way of thinking. I wish I could pull up/dig up about half of the stuff here and take it with me, lol.

Katy...no more M & M's for you missy! :nono: Hope you are feeling better today.

Francie...yay to the gym membership! Now that is motivation...making the hubby take you. Hope you are feeling better too!

Sassy...feel better soon too!

Sue...be careful in that wind! I would love to ride but it's hard enough just walking! Have a good lunch.

Mindee...boy & girlfriends already, yikes! Made me think of that Donny Osmond song...Puppy Love.

Hiya Jules, Asia & Tammy...hoping all is well with you ladies.

Okay, I better scoot and get some exercise done before starting in on something else around here. Right now I am doing some laundry...seems that has been put on the back burner the last few days-oops! Might just throw a dvd in and watch a movie while I walk.

Have a wonderful day! :hug:

tommysgirl18
11-06-2008, 02:42 PM
well, no real issues in this house today!

one of the maintenance guys that works here came over to change the furnace filter, which mind you is in Logan and Brandon's room. I opened the bedroom door and saw that Logan was sleeping, so I was hoping that he wouldn't wake up while Steve was putting in the new filter. Sure enough...........Logan slept through the whole thing! Him and Brandon must have been partying it up this morning at the butt crack of dawn in order for him to be that tired!

Marissa is refusing to take a nap like usual....so that is nothing new! although she is really quiet right now, so maybe I can get lucky in that aspect!

My in-law's are supposed to be coming over today to drop off some money for the cookie dough that my MIL and SIL bought from Brandon. And then they are picking up some stuff that they bought from Brandon's last fundraiser!

Kristi~ I just noticed that you live in Wisconsin, I have family that lives there! Where in WI are you at? They are in the Port Washington area.

Katy~ I wasn't sure about this whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing.......but I guess we are safe for now since they are so young!

Sue~ That is great that you are still friends with her after all these years!

Francie~ That sounds like me with the kids candy! I am a sucker for the small twix's and the small kit kats. Although it doesn't help that between the three of them, they got 33 full size candy bars!

SuzieQ~ I can't believe how early they start these days! It makes me wonder how much worse it could get when they get older! but then again, I don't want to think of that just yet!

Cristina~ I was talking to Brandon's bus driver today. She said that now they will only be picking Alexis up, and not dropping her off. so I am sure that Brandon will be bummed by that!

lovnmom
11-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Katy, Great job on ditching the extra candy. I lucked out this year. None of my children got to go trick or treating. There was a special CSI exhibit at the MN Museum of Science so we took a little trip there over the Halloween weekend. I did indulge in a huge Juicey Lucy burger at the 5 to 8 Club in MNPLS though. I think I'm still walking the salt off from that bad boy!

shopaholic, mmm Twix. My nemesis right now is white chocolate covered pretzels that were ordered from the scouts. They are so good and just right there on the kitchen table!!!

Susan, Tough luck locking your keys in the car. At least your insurance paid. I spent two hours on the phone arguing with ***S about not paying for a Dr visit. They talk so sweet and call you back and check into it blah blah blah just to ALMOST always tell you, " sorry that service isn't covered under your current policy" grrr

Sassy, Be sure to drink plenty of fluids at least.

Cristina, That's a lot of exercise YGG! I get those kinds of minutes in during the summer months. I have two friends who's children play on the same baseball teams as mine. Some days we have kids at practice for 4 hours and we'll take 8 and 10 mile walks together, but once fall comes I rarely do more than 4 miles and that's just an hour.

Mindee, I live in a really small town in the sw corner of Junea county. Port Washington is at least a three hour drive from me. It's a beautiful area!

No yoga for me. The skies cleared and I was able to get a 4 mile walk in with my buddy Mel. Foods been good. Now, just so I don't overindulge on that Stove Top!

Sassy_Chick
11-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Hello from the sickie. :wave:

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1302/1302394pqv5iald4k.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

I thought this picture best looks like how I am feeling. lol.

Take care all!~

:hug:

tommysgirl18
11-07-2008, 01:24 AM
well, nothing really new since I last posted. Tommy and Brandon went out around the complex to sell some more cookie dough. They are going to go back out again on Friday to try and sell some more. Brandon had a goal of selling just four tubs, and right now, he is sitting at 10. If he sells two more tubs, then we get a free tub of cookie dough.

we are supposed to be going grocery shopping Friday night.....so I better get my butt in gear to figure out some dinner options for us! I am at such a loss that I am going to go and scour some recipe sites.

jules1216
11-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Here I am again..I was feeling a little better but the runny nose and sneezing is here again...I hope Teri didn't give it back to me....

going to WW and I am scared--haven't been doing the things I should be....hopefully with the cold it won't be too bad...

you guys have been busy posters once again and there is too much to catch up on to do indys...

I will try to be a better poster....

RosieKate
11-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Sassy..that's how I feel, too. yuck. I'm supposed to go on a filed trip with my son's class today. I may take a shower and cold meds and just do it. I don't get to do so much with his class now that he's a big boy, so I'd hate to miss. It's aplay, so I hope to feel up to it.

Scale's back down to 170. It's my usual bouncing around, but I'll change it...hopefully it won't go up again.

Feel better everyone :) ((((BIK)))))

RosieKate
11-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Let's see if that works

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3197/3010569710_56b6ee2138_m.jpg

yep - sick and at the crack of dawn, but I just know everybody was waiting to see these babies, right? :p

Shopaholic1204
11-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Omg..I feel awful!!!!! I'm actually considering having some ice cream just because I'm craving cold things right now (I wonder what that means? A fever inside?).

Katy~Love the new glasses!! I gotta get some new ones myself..but I wanna keep my frames, lol.

suetalks
11-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Good morning- Sorry I didn't do indies last night. Just felt yuck..and still do this morning. Are you guys spreading those germs? I blamed it on the Mexican food I ate, but that shouldn't be still going on today, so who knows?

I will be back later if my head stops pounding and my tummy settles.

Mom2Gaby
11-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Good Morning, we made it to Friday:carrot:

Kristi- 10 minutes and the towing truck was there! Benefits to living in a small town, I guess. I didn't eat the sandwish, it smelled to me, even though Gaby had just made it the night before.

Katy - Yee Haw Chickie! You look nice in the glasses, did you say they were Calvin Klein? I have to wait 90 days to get my medical in place but the first thing is an eye appt, I soooooo want new glasses. Good for you on getting back to 170 :carrot:

Sassy- Cute avatars. Sorry you are still feeling out of sorts!:hug:

Cristina -omg -I feel soooooo lazy compared to you in the exercise dept!!!! lol W/ the new job though there is a discount at the local fitness center, so I will check into that, plus Curves, PROMISE. Since I don't even start til 11am on the weekdays there is n excuse to find the time in the mornings. Anyway, don't fall in the holes.....lol. Oh, I did HR at the hospital yesterday and got a nifty picture ID to wear and after work this morning at the motel I need to go find some black scrub pants to wear the first day....after that they give you 3 uniforms for the year....and I get a free flu shot next week...!!!, life is looking up. haha

Jules - You ready for the X-mas exchange?!?! :hug: Hope the WW visit goes well , great to see you posting!

Mindee- I missed something:dizzy: where is the cookie dough coming from???? Brandons school? Like a fund raiser? Yum, what kind of dough? You know why has killer cookies, it is McDonalds, sooooo yummy chocolate chip.....not that I would know first hand.....lol. They are good though.

Francie- :hug: Hope you feel better!

Yikes, better get to the motel, 5 minutes to get there!! My last day of work there , sooooo happy about that and I am getting out of working Tuesday because there are covered and since it is Veterans day Gaby and I are going to see the R's....I miss them sooooo much. Rach is doing great on her GED testing, so proud of her.

k- going to be late!

tommysgirl18
11-07-2008, 02:23 PM
well, I am making some apple cinnamon muffins that have been in the cupboard since we went shopping last month. the hooligans here don't really care for them that much so I will take them over to the office. I have some banana nut muffins that I know that hooligans will eat, so I am saving those!

we are going, or I should say supposed to be going shopping tonight for groceries! wish us luck, since it seems to be a dreary rainy day here. thankfully both Marissa and Logan are napping so they shouldn't be a problem shopping tonight!!

All I heard from Brandon today while we were waiting for his bus to get here was about Alexis. Oh yeah, we got his school pictures yesterday! They turned out so cute!!!! I will see if I can get a picture of them and then post it....not going to make any promises though since it was rough with the last ones.

Oops! gotta run the muffins are smelling good and the timer should be going off here in a second!

lovnmom
11-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Mindee, I love www.recipegoldmine.com !

Healthy (((( vibes )))) to Sassy and Jules

Katy, I so love the new glasses! Hope you were able to make the field trip and are feeling better.

shopaholic, Ok, I'm guessing you're Francie and I'm hoping you're feeling better. Ice cream can cure most everything. Well, in small portions anyway.

suetalks, You feel better now too, ya hear.

Susan, I hope everyone was extra nice your last day on the job. Guessing the R's are children???

Having a great OP day. No exercise yet, but time hasn't run out. It's rainy and some snowflakes are mixed in. I may go in early to pick DS up from BB practice. I can walk the halls in warmth.
Feeling kind of guilty about being healthy here.
Hope you all enjoy your Friday night!

suetalks
11-07-2008, 04:30 PM
This is for Francie regarding Jesse and Deanna.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/11/67285/index.html

suetalks
11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
I tried to ride and the wind was too strong. I got 1 mile in and that was it. Feeling some better, but not tip top. I did a load of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and then have been lazy.

Be back later...

tommysgirl18
11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
STOP! Do not post here!! See you over in BIK #62