General chatter - Who else checks winter pockets?

View Full Version : Who else checks winter pockets?

srmb60
10-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Many years ago, a friend found a $20 bill in the pocket of her winter coat when she got it out in the fall. I don't think I've ever found anything useful (didn't just now either) but I still check. Do you?

JulieJ08
10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
I never remember to check on purpose. But I'm a hand in the pocket kinda person, so if it's there I'll find it. Once in a while it's something good. Sometimes it's gross :dizzy:

Operator265
10-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Once in a while it's something good. Sometimes it's gross :dizzy:

When I check the kids pockets before doing laundry, it's always gross.:eek:

luvja
10-29-2008, 10:47 AM
I just checked my winter coat pockets yesterday, and found an old Kleenix (YUCK), a lighter, and a dime... :D

PhotoChick
10-29-2008, 10:57 AM
I have found $$ in jackets and pants pockets before. :)

I look at it as my winter bonus! *grin*

peachcake
10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
I have a friend who texted me the other day and said "I just found $100 in my coat pocket!" Lucky. I wish that would happen to me! But no, I don't check them until I put them on.

kittycat40
10-29-2008, 11:30 AM
I will often find money in pockets. Of course, I treat it as "found money" but I also leave it there sorta on purpose :)
happy surprises are good ;)

FrouFrou
10-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I always do. And I too found a $20 bill once. A $5 another time, some change, peppermints and kleenex, lol.

lifechange
10-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I find money in our winter coats all the time- my kids ski race so often we just put money in our coat pockets instead of carrying a purse or wallet. Never $100- but definitely 20's. I always check the pockets before I give our old coats away!

PearFreak
10-29-2008, 04:39 PM
I do when I take them out and wash them to be worn for the new season. Matter of fact I need to get my winter coats out and freshen them up.
Lets see, I have found change, a 10-spot, a few singles folded up in a bunch... the usuall old kleenex or old hard candy. Yes, money is a treat. : )

Shannon in ATL
10-29-2008, 05:10 PM
I sometimes find a couple of ones, a five maybe. Once I found a Visa gift card I had forgotten I had, and when I was in high school I found a ring that I thought I had lost.

Now, I find candy wrappers, straw paper, balls of cat hair, melted candies, stuff I took away from my stepson... Those are the most common.

mazza
10-29-2008, 05:23 PM
I found $20 in a pair of shorts the other day. When I do find money that I didn't know was missing, it makes me wonder if I borrowed it from anyone, or if it was money from the grocery shopping box...

jules1216
10-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I found my gloves today..

CountingDown
10-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Yup - I usually find money in coat pockets, and lip balm, and tissues, and occasionally jewelry.

Bee20nine
10-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I normally find lint. sad.

murphmitch
10-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Only Kleenex.

EZMONEY
10-29-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm always feeling for stuff in my pants pockets....makes Angie mad.

Shopaholic1204
10-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Ohhh yes!!!! One time we found 10 bucks, lol. Score!! I also check all my old purses and wallets.

Sweet Sissy
10-30-2008, 11:28 AM
I just started wearing my coats last week, and so far I've found business cards from old acquaintances, a half a roll of wintogreen life savers, the obligatory kleenex, $1, and matching gloves!

For a knitter, I'm surprisingly neglectful of my own mitten/glove needs. So when I find gloves in my pockets that match both the coat and each other, that is a big find.

alinnell
10-30-2008, 12:53 PM
My sister often finds misplaced and forgotten money in her golf bag at the beginning of each summer.

The only place I might find money is in my kid's jeans pockets. Especially my daughter's. But she's away at college now so I don't find much any longer.

We don't really wear winter coats here much.

raw23
10-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Heck yeah I do!! I find some kind of money every year, even if it's just a penny. :) I'll do it to purses, too. If I'm thinking about changing up my wardrobe I'll look through my purses to see if there any I want to use again, and I look inside for $$. I've actually been more succesful at finding money in coats and jeans than in purses though.

mazza
10-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I hate finding a solidified post-washing machine clump of tissue in my pockets.

futuresize6
10-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Since I alone do the laundry for 4 people, my policy is that if it's left in the pocket-it's mine. I spend the time stainsticking the days old stains, turning the clothes the right way, turning them insideout if there is a delicate design, handwashing those that need it, cleaning pockets, washing in the appropriate water temp and cycle speed, hanging according to the label instructions, drying according to drying instructions, folding, and putting away-at least 6 days a week.....a deserve the money that I find!!!!!!

WebRover
10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Since I alone do the laundry for 4 people, my policy is that if it's left in the pocket-it's mine. I spend the time stainsticking the days old stains, turning the clothes the right way, turning them insideout if there is a delicate design, handwashing those that need it, cleaning pockets, washing in the appropriate water temp and cycle speed, hanging according to the label instructions, drying according to drying instructions, folding, and putting away-at least 6 days a week.....a deserve the money that I find!!!!!!

I agree with all the above.

One year I did find my keys that I'd lost (and replaced) the previous season.