General chatter - Toys from the Past!

View Full Version : Toys from the Past!

Americaninuk
10-29-2008, 09:43 AM
i was watching a show on tv about some older toys and it got me remembering what i used to love to play with as a young child.. im 44 now.. but here were some of my faves:)

1. close and play record player
2. ker plunk
3. jacks
4. big ole yellow tonka dump truck lol
5. barbies (wish i still had some of those.. would be worth something prob)
6. dont break the ice
7. dont spill the beans
8. cinnimon( doll with red hair and if you pushed in the belly button you could make her hair longer with a pull lol)
9. clackers
10. pet rock when i was 11 lol

any of you have any fond memories of toys from your past??

Hat Trick
10-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Pet rock - - lol I remember those cause I had one!

Rock'em Sock'em Robots
Mouse Trap
Matchbox cars (my all time favorite toy as a kid)
Rubik's cube - couldn't do it then, can't do it now
GI Joe - I never had a Ken doll so I used my brother's GI Joe (w/duct tape to keep the arm on) instead
Easy Bake Oven and Incredible Edibles

Haley8203
10-29-2008, 10:55 AM
she-ra and he-man are my faves lol my daughter has my moms midge, ken and skipper dolls but they def aren't worth money after being in my kid's hands lol

murphmitch
10-29-2008, 11:23 AM
I loved Barbies (never had a Ken doll so we used my brother's GI Joe)
Rock'em Sock'em Robots
Troll dolls
Jacks esp. at school
Chinese jumpropes
Hot Wheels
Monopoly
Mousetrap
Easy Bake Oven
Lots of dolls
CandyLand
Chatty Cathy (my favorite)

PhotoChick
10-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Oh funny. I just flashed back to spending summers at my grandmother's place and the things we used to play together.

Mousetrap
LiteBrite
Pickup Sticks
Lemon Twist
Chinese checkers

And anyone remember that marble game - similar to a Chinese checkers board with marbles, but the goal was to get just one marble left in the center? I used to play that for HOURS. My grandmom could win it every time.

Americaninuk
10-29-2008, 11:42 AM
thanks photochick for reminding me about litebright.. cant believe i forgot that one.. used to spend hours doing the pages that came with, as well as making up my own....

also forgot to add spirograph.. think that was what it was called lol

ANOther
10-29-2008, 12:27 PM
also forgot to add spirograph.. think that was what it was called lol

You got it, I had one of those too. For younger chicks not in the loop, it had a drawing board, paper and pins, and gears of different sizes, two were rings, with little holes in them for a pen: you pinned one ring or gear down and placed another gear so that the teeth meshed, and then pushed off from point A drawing with the pen, and if you were lucky and the gears or pen didn't slip, when the pen got back to A you had a pretty design

luvja
10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Anyone remember POGS?!. I have like 2 garbage bags FULL of pogs. Sweet game!. :)

tikanique
10-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh man,

Jacks (I still have my set!)
spirograph, litebrite
Stretch Armstrong and Stretch Monster
Growing up Skipper (if you cranked her arm, she grew an inch and also grew boobs!)
Tiffany Taylor doll, you could spin her scalp around to switch her from a red-head to a brunette
The Barbie Dream House
Hot tracks and match box cars
Lincoln Logs and Tinkertoys!

FB
10-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Oh! I am such an '80's babe! I loved my Voltron!

Jem, she's truly outrageous!
Transformers
Voltron, duh
He-man
Shrinky Dinks
My Little Pony
Pound Puppies
Remember that 'Get in Shape Girl' exercise stuff for little girls? I never had that. If only I would have, I can blame this weight thing on Santa and my parents, huh?
Poochie. I loved Poochie, wanted one with all of my heart and never got it. I still want one, do I need therapy? :lol:

http://www.dreamfollow.com/lilypad/pictures/poochie.jpg

FreeSpirit
10-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Anyone remember POGS?!. I have like 2 garbage bags FULL of pogs. Sweet game!. :)

YES! I saw some at the goodwill and it brought back so many memories.

Barbies.
Beanie Babies.
My little Pony
Shoots and Ladders
Those little electronic animals that you fed and stuff...
Legos

ANOther
10-29-2008, 02:46 PM
I had 2 Barbies (one blonde, one brunette) but never a Ken, Skipper (Growing Up or otherwise) or Midge, or any of her peripherals; I had a Charmin' Chatty which was a talking doll with records you could change. And I had Tinkertoys and (all this in the 60s mind you) some toy cars and a toy wild-west gun (!) Hmmm, after all these years I've kind of forgotten most of the toys I had (I think a lot of them went unopened)

Arlene Dallas
10-29-2008, 03:01 PM
My dolls were my favorite toys...barbie, Ken, Midge, Francie, Skipper, Tammy, Ted, etc. I still have all of my dolls at my moms house along with my multiple cases of clothes. Other faves:
1. Spirograph
2. Hula Hoop
3. Roller skates (remember the ones you strapped onto your shoes and adjusted with a key?)
4. Slinky
5. Easy Bake oven
6. Sorry, Parcheesi, Tip It, Monopoly, Life

All of my toys are still in great shape in my moms basement, along with my other two sisters toys. I try to convince my mom to sell them on ebay...some of them are worth a FORTUNE

LindaT
10-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Kiddles - little tiny dolls that came in all sorts of things.. tiny soda bottles, jewelry lockets. etc

Barbies - I still have a bunch of mine.

Green Ghost - a glow in the dark board type game

Chrissy - yank the blonde hair out the top of her head to make it longer and then use the dial on her back to make it shorter.

Operation - i hated that game. You touched the sides of the game the wrong way and it made this Gawd awful BUZZZ

The game of Life

Clackers

Dawn dolls

Legos

The Masterpiece Game - you bought paintings? I liked this game.. cant remember why

There was this toy - cannot remember the name. It was a small yellow hoop you wore around one ankle. Attached to the hoop was a long line and a red bell shapped platic thing at the end. you spun this thing around one ankle and hoped over it with the other foot.. The really coordinated girls had one going on each ankle.. not me

katieonaplan
10-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Linda,

I remember something called Lemon Up that sounds similar but I guess the plastic thing had to have been yellow. This was a hit, along with hopscotch.

Clackers - oh gosh, I saw a set recently and they were dangerous. I can still recall the bruises on my hands.

My favorite Barbie had painted on hair and three wigs you could use - blond, brunette and redhead.

How about Mystery Date, Twister, etch-a-sketch, hula hoops - maybe I'm too old. ;)

Katie

Shopaholic1204
10-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Barbies
My Little Ponies
Trolls
play food
Mall Maddness
Dream Phone
Cabbage Patch dolls
Furbys
Giga Pets
Light Bright
Pogs & Slammers
Easy Bake Oven
this one doll that crawled..lol
this other doll that would light up
Rainbow Brite
Carebears

the McDonalds toys..especially the Barbies!!

Arlene Dallas
10-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Wow Linda-you brought back even more memories so I am guessing we are about the same age. I LOVED Kiddles..especially the ones in the perfume bottles and locket necklaces and I had all of the Dawn dolls and their outfits-I am going to have to look at mine when I go home for Thanksgiving. And yes, I had Velvet and Chrissy too...I loved the Orange lace dress that Chrissy came in. And I almost cracked our living room TV with my clackers! I had that hoop and bell too but I cant remember the name of it for the life of me..

iriswhispers
10-30-2008, 12:47 AM
lite brite!!! i loved that! =)

lizziep
10-30-2008, 01:55 AM
my mom had that Chrissy doll I used to play w/ it when i was little. it was weird. she said she always wanted a Chatty Cathy but I saw once once and thought it was terrifying! lol.

I was of the Cabbage Patch generation. I wanted one SOOOOOOO bad. When I finally got it I was just a little too old but I still have her!
Also for dolls there was the Strawberry Shortcake doll that blew strawberry scented kisses- I got rid of her a couple years ago when she started blowing moldy kisses instead.
I loved rainbow bright, she-ra and he-man, anything thundercats (hoooo), and I would have given anything to have a pound puppy, a popple, or legos.

I loved the spirograph. I think if I could find one now I'd still love it. :)

Shopaholic1204
10-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Ohh ya..I had a Pound Puppy and legos!! I wasnt really into legos though..lol. I had a play kitchen too.

Loriann7
10-30-2008, 11:02 AM
OH man! Do I ever remember my best friend..... Laurie Walker Doll! Being so tiny (still a short thing) my family used to kid that she was taller than I was! I got her the same Christmas my brother got his first Tonka truck!

Cars/trucks in the backyard dirt villages we used to build!
Rubiks Cube and snake!
a loom weaver we made potholders out of!
those plastic strings we made key chains out of!

Jack in the box (when I was little)
Sit n Spin!
The GREEN MACHINE! (Those were the bomb!)
Operation!

Now mind you, in those days we didn't spend much time in the house in front of the tv... we spent it outside playing...

Cops and robbers,
cowboys and indians,
building forts,
hide n seek

and as you got older who can forget the nights spent at the beach flirting with the guys!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

grneyedmustang
10-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Legos
Tinker Toys
Chinese Jump Rope
Marbles
Origami Paper
Barbies
Battleship
Candy Land
Connect Four
Playmobil
Play Doh
My dad's race car track
My dad's model train set (yes, I got in trouble for the last two, but it was fun!)
And I also miss games like Four Square, Redlight/greenlight, Ghost In The Graveyard, Kickball, etc.

One of the reasons I look forward to having kids is so that I can play with THEIR toys, lol.

aphil
10-30-2008, 12:28 PM
I was born in the mid70's, so I had a 70's and 80's childhood:

~Cabbage Patch Kids (I had about a dozen of them!)

~Lite Brite

~Charmkins (do you guys remember those? Little figurines that smelled like flowers, I had a little display thing for them, too.

~Monchichi

~Spirograph

~Colorforms (I remember my cousin had the KISS rock band Colorforms...)

~Lincoln Logs

~Bristle Blocks (Anyone remember THOSE?)

~Strawberry Shortcake (I never got over that fetish...I have some from the 80's still sealed in the box in a display, including Purple Pieman!)

Drum roll please....my FAVORITE when I was a kid:

Milky The Marvelous Cow!!! Here is the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxkJ_mLpcA

Lydia227
10-30-2008, 12:42 PM
What?! No one else had a Mrs. Beasley Doll?!

Come on now, 'fess up. She was my favorite. I wonder what ever happened to her. :chin:

http://www.tias.com/cgi-bin/google.fcgi/itemKey=3923240602

aphil
10-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh. My. That has to be the UGLIEST doll I think I have ever seen.

:rofl:

Honestly, I would rate it up with ventrouliquist dolls....I wouldn't have slept with that doll in my house! :lol:

Marathon Mom
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Katie! I remember Lemon up!!!

I am going way back on these toys....

Remember the little metal hand held contraption that had the wheel that spun up and down either side? I forget what it's called but I loved it.

Baby Beans? (She was pink and white polka dots with yellow hair - and filled with Beans - I know because my brother cut her open to see)

Betsy Wetsy

Chinese Jump Rope

Silly Putty

Stretch Armstrong!?!

Evil Kneival motorcycle that you zipped with the plastic zipper on the stand and made him go?

Big Wheels (2nd to the green machine)

Holly Hobby and her sister Heather

Toss Across

Total Nostalgia! Great thread....

alinnell
10-30-2008, 01:52 PM
I've got a brand new pair of roller skats, and you've got a brand new key." Anyone remember that song? We heard it on our trip and I had to explain it to my daughter (although didn't explain the sexual connotation!).

I loved clackers!!! I had the bruises on my forearm to prove it!

Chinese checkers
Monopoly (for hours and hours in the basement on a hot summer day)
cards games like War and Canasta
I loved the Game of Life and bought it for my kids--I can't remember it being that BORING!

ANOther
10-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Check out the Vermont Country Store website, they revive a lot of old-time products including toys. This year they have the clackers (with plastic balls so they don't break), Mrs. Beasley, Easy-Bake and Lite Brite, among others

LindaT
10-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Wow Linda-you brought back even more memories so I am guessing we are about the same age. I LOVED Kiddles..especially the ones in the perfume bottles and locket necklaces and I had all of the Dawn dolls and their outfits-I am going to have to look at mine when I go home for Thanksgiving. And yes, I had Velvet and Chrissy too...I loved the Orange lace dress that Chrissy came in. And I almost cracked our living room TV with my clackers! I had that hoop and bell too but I cant remember the name of it for the life of me..

Yep.. we are close in age. I still have the Chrissy doll and she still is wearing the orange lace dress too. She is buried in a shed someplace with the rest of my dolls. Yes clackers were dangerous, but what fun!

Did you have a toot a loop? That was the radio shaped like a donut http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic_Toot-a-Loop_Radio I still have mine.. in bright yellow!

My mother made me give away my Kiddles when I was younger because I had too many dolls. It was either keep the barbies or the kiddles. Have you ever checked Ebay and seen how much those little dolls are worth? I should tell her how much she made me thorw away!!

I'm going to keep looking for the name of the hoop and bell toy..it is making me nuts that I cannot remember it

grneyedmustang
10-30-2008, 03:17 PM
I forgot about Stratego...did anyone else like that game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratego

AngelD
10-30-2008, 04:24 PM
I would have given anything to have a pound puppy, a popple, or legos.

I was the same. Was so annoyed when my little sister got all of them a few year later :(

I had Barbies which all ended up with lovely short haircuts!!

ray of sunshine
10-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey what about slinky ( is that how you spell it ) remember it would climb down the stairs... I thought it was soooo cool

cher37
10-30-2008, 05:51 PM
I had a portable "record player" that played plastic records w. grooves in them.

also ... ballerina barbie-you pressed a crown on her head & she would twirl
.... another barbie that you pulled her pony tail to make her hair longer

and...what about the barbie make-up head? lots of fun :D

+ PONG!!!!

Operator265
10-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Hey what about slinky ( is that how you spell it ) remember it would climb down the stairs... I thought it was soooo cool

It's Slinky, It's Slinkly
For fun it's a wonderful toy
It's Slinky, I's Slinkly
It's fun for a girl or a boy.:D

BTW: Boys are Stinky!!!!!:p

alinnell
10-30-2008, 06:56 PM
I could never get my slinky to do the stairs thing. Probably because of the carpet!

I had an AM transister radio. How cool is that?

mazza
10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
I used to collect matchbox cars LOL.

I guess that's what happens when you are a female only child with lots of male friends.

futuresize6
10-30-2008, 07:33 PM
We spent hours and hours every day playing jacks-outside,inside anywhere there was smooth cement or floor. Hours and hours on your butt-can't do that now! Also does anyone remember Tuesday Taylor doll-like Barbie her scalp twisted-one side blond w/bangs, other side brunette w/ no bangs. No one seems to remember this doll. I was obsessed with her. The style hair now that the girls have with blond on top and black or brunette underneath totally reminds me. Also Cher doll? The Bob Mackie style dress with big puffy-Diana Ross style hair-that I had to cut to tame. Good Times.

Arlene Dallas
10-30-2008, 07:41 PM
I had the yellow panasonic AM radio that looked like a big circle until you twisted it and then it was a speaker on one end and the dial on the other...I wore it like a big heavy bracelet...LOL. Does anyone remember the Barbie that came in a diamond patterned bathing suit with "magic wands"? If you wet one of the wands and swept it over her her it turned another color...that was so cool to me

evilwomaniamshe
10-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Heidi Doll
Battleship game
Happy days game
twister
Clue - Cornel mustard in the library with the candlestick!
jack in the box
mr potatoe head
hi ho cherrio
life
candyland
trouble- loved that game!
dominoes
sea monkeys growing them. remember?
trading cards of charlies angels if I remember right, I used to put them in my bicycle spokes to make the coolest sounds when I rode my pink bike
horse (basketball game)

stellarwbz
10-30-2008, 09:40 PM
my size barbie
baby alive
easy bake oven
walkie talkies
care bears

ray of sunshine
10-30-2008, 09:57 PM
:lol: Battleship. . hey you sank my ship . remember that commercial :D

EZMONEY
10-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Lincoln Logs
Tinker Toys
Baseball glove
Clay
Etch a Sketch
Hi Ho Cherry O
Match Box
View Master
Mr. Potato Head
Game of Life
Monopoly
Yatzee
Old Maid and Fish
Cribbage
War
Marbles

mazza
10-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Battleship! That was such a groovy game.

EZMONEY
10-30-2008, 10:02 PM
EVIL ~ YES!!!! CLUE!!! how could I forget?

Sweetcaroline
10-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Ok, So I'm 'old'... I had a Baby Ricky doll (I Love Lucy show)
Footsie
Tip-It
Tittly-Winks
Pogo-stick MY FAV...
Play-Doh pressed onto the Sunday Comics
Barbie... Had the one with the button in her back, press and her hair grew, well you had to pull it...:D

Arlene Dallas
10-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Ok, So I'm 'old'... I had a Baby Ricky doll (I Love Lucy show)
Footsie
Tip-It
Tittly-Winks
Pogo-stick MY FAV...
Play-Doh pressed onto the Sunday Comics
Barbie... Had the one with the button in her back, press and her hair grew, well you had to pull it...:D

I forgot all about Tip It---I ROCKED at that game! And when you mention the Sunday Funnies that reminded me of Silly Putty...you can actually still buy that stuff online

EZMONEY
10-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah..."stretching" the Sunday funnies with silly putty

etherence
10-30-2008, 11:54 PM
I loved my little pony and Lady Lovely Locks...and She-Ra.

EZMONEY
10-31-2008, 12:03 AM
I loved my little pony and Lady Lovely Locks...and She-Ra.

You must be around the age of my kids! 25-27 :)

evilwomaniamshe
10-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Ooh Can't Forget About Ants In The Pants! That Was Sooo Much Fun Anybody Remember That One, Getting The Ants Into The Blue Pants?

Operator265
10-31-2008, 01:21 AM
Anyone remember the Tennis Shoe Roller Skates?

lizziep
10-31-2008, 01:36 AM
i remember that Melanie song about the roller scates. my aunt used to sing that all the time to me when i was a little kid. :)

my favorite game when i was little was kerplunk because i could play it by myself. :C my parents liked to get me games & then never play w/ me.

i wasn't allowed legos cause i had a baby brother, and wasn't allowed play dough because well- it's messy. a couple weeks ago i bought myself a lego set to build a lego trebuchet! it was awesome.

oh! colorforms were one of my faves too. i had a micky mouse one and a smurfs one. <3

oh! i thought of another one i had this gray square math game- it was like speak and say or something? so much fun i dragged that thing around forever.

grneyedmustang
10-31-2008, 10:52 AM
oh! i thought of another one i had this gray square math game- it was like speak and say or something? so much fun i dragged that thing around forever.

I had a Speak n Math and a Speak n Spell. They were so much fun! The voice was funny, though.

ANOther
10-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Ah, now I remember another doll I had when I was little: Hedda Get Bedda! She had a head with three faces (one with measles spots and a little hole in the mouth to put a toy thermometer; one sleepy, and one awake and smiling) and a little knob on top that brought one face into view while the other two were hidden in the bonnet

LindseyLouWho
10-31-2008, 09:02 PM
LindaT, the toy you were talking about reminded me of a Skip-It, although apparently it's just a more modern (late 1980s) Lemon Twist.

alinnell
11-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Skip-it. Is that the thing you put around your ankle and swing it around and skip over it? It had a weighted ball on one end. I LOVED those!

happy2bme
11-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Going back to the time when the caveman first invented toys...

- A Lassie dog
- Tiny Tears Dolls
- Venus of Paradise Colored Pencil sets - there were pictures you'd color and each part of the picture corresponded to a colored pencil so even a little kid could make these pretty pictures
- Paint on Velvet picture sets
- Tinker Toys building sets
- Chemistry sets. Now that was brilliant - give a little kid unsupervised access to a bunch of chemicals. The things my brother did with a bunsen burner in the "lab" he created in the basement under the stairs. :rolleyes:

EZMONEY
11-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I remember being in 5th grade ...1965...and listening to the World Series between my DODGERS and the Twins on my pocket transistor radio...way :cool: cool :cool:

FreeSpirit
11-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I forgot to add:

Pokemon! I didn't play the game, just collected the cards, haha.
Cabbage patch dolls.

I did so much playing outside that most of my toys were just stuffed animals and barbies, I had a few games here and there but really not too many.

LindaT
11-01-2008, 01:39 PM
LindaT, the toy you were talking about reminded me of a Skip-It, although apparently it's just a more modern (late 1980s) Lemon Twist.

Lindsey.. that's what it looked like. I had mine in the early late 60s early 70s so no idea what it was called then. .. neither of those names ring a bell but that may just because I am senile. :p Thanks for finding this.. yup.. this is what the girls used to use on the play ground. I seem to remember some girls having one on each ankle sometimes and having them both going at the same time. This was so much fun. Hey I bet using this would be good exercise now :D

I found mine.. the search is over.. it was called the Footsie!!! http://www.timewarptoys.com/footsie.jpg Now I an stop trying to figure out what the darned thing was called... it was giving me a headache!

Operator265
11-01-2008, 01:46 PM
I forgot to add:

Pokemon! I didn't play the game, just collected the cards, haha.
Cabbage patch dolls.

OMG!!!! Post Traumatic Stress.:fr::tired:

I was a cashier at Target when those came out. We could sell only one per customer. HOLY MOLY the **** that raised. Parents were freaking. And, this was in WY where we don't have a lot of big crazes. 5' nothing, 90 lb. mothers were screaming at ME:rollpin:, threatening to send their husbands back in to straighten ME out:club:. I didn't write the rule. As far as I was concerned, they could buy 20(all the quicker to get them out of the store, IMO).

My kids have never once in their lives gotten the "Hot Toy of the Year" due to the fact that I would never want to be pushed to that level of insanity over a butt-ugly doll.:snooty: I'll save my insanity of double chocolate angel food cake or maybe that Fatty Melt, Thank You.:drool:

fattgirl
11-01-2008, 01:56 PM
How about Simon?
Twister, Rubik's Cube, Raggedy Ann?

Some of these toys are still around but the quality of the materials has gone down tremendously.

ANOther
11-03-2008, 06:47 PM
All this talk about Skip-Its, Lemon Twists and Footsies, I remember a toy called Jingle Jump, it strapped to the ankle and had a little box with a jingle bell in it so that when you jumped over the ball-on-a-string it made noise. Boy, this thread really has me rummaging in the dark and dusty corners of my mind

ray of sunshine
11-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I was watching food network last night and Alton Brown was doing a clip where he had a view master... remember those you put the little film click the button and have a slide show!!! I remembered I loved those things...:D

suetalks
11-06-2008, 10:29 PM
I must be the oldest one here. Most of the toys you all mention I remember from my children. My favorite toys were books and paper dolls.

zenor77
11-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Hmmm... lets see... I remember having a monchichi, a cabbage patch kid doll, I had a barbie whose dress glowed in the dark, I may have had a strawberry shortcake doll, and I loved playing with my sister's easy bake oven. Oh and we had an atari. I loved playing asteroids.

I was seriously fond of books, puzzles, and being creative. I loved big card board boxes (like the kind appliances came in back then.) I remember playing and having fun, but I don't remember too many toys from those days. My memory must be going already... ;)

alinnell
11-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Kewpie dolls and troll dolls.

EZMONEY
11-07-2008, 10:40 PM
OMGoodness ALLISON! My sister had about a zillion TROLL dolls!

Suzanne 3FC
11-07-2008, 11:45 PM
What a fun thread! Some of you are really dating yourselves :lol:

Troll dolls, barbies (the kind with plastic molded heads without hair, and plastic molded wigs), Tressy and Kerry (Crissy's friends).

I had Kiddles and some similar toy about the same size but chubby - does anyone remember that one?

Spirograph was tons of fun.

And the board game Mystery Date. HA! Look, an old Mystery Date commercial on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsQpTbQ9Uo

mandalinn82
11-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Dane Cook's comedy sketch on Speak N Spell is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYVgGsI2icw

I loved My Little Pony. I was obsessed with books, too.

But I HATE Monopoly.

brandy922
11-08-2008, 12:34 AM
I loved my bike, skates, and skateboard. As far as actual toys go I loved Barbie, Rainbow Brite, She Ra, Jem, and my Real Baby. I still have my Hugga Bunch and A.L.F. and even a couple of Pound Puppies. I don't know why I like to hang on to some things.