Old 10-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305.4/TICKER/160

Height: 5'3" (160cm)

Exclamation Day 1.. OH MY _____

I recently decided to take control.. but its MUCH harder than I thought it would be.. My day is only about 3/4 over, and I've already eaten more than I had planned.. But I have taken an amount of control over WHAT I have overeaten..

After I woke up, I ate about 3 oz Tuna (canned in olive oil) with a piece of french bread the length of my hand. Also about 5 Jalapenos that were pickled in water, vinegar, and salt.
A little later, I finished what I started eating, but added 3 more peppers, and half a hand's length of bread.
I fell asleep for 5 hours because Im so lethargic all of the time..
After I woke, I drank alot of water, and played the PC..
I decided that I was a little hungry, so I ate 2 cups of couscous, topped with a sauce made of: Tomato paste, harissa (cayenne paste *super spicy!*), salt, tumeric, coriander seed and a lot of water (think like a tomato soup). It had chunks of carrot and onion in it.
Then, even though I was full, I still wanted to eat.. So I sat down at my computer with a bowl of soup.. Again, its the same base as for the couscous sauce, but with even more water, and extra harissa, cooked with a little bit of white fish, a good amount of parsley, and tiny little noodles, about the size of this "o"... Not many calories per serving.. But its enough for my brain to think Im eating...
Now, Im still sitting here, with half of the soup eaten, and Im not eating any more of it.. I still want to eat.. So badly.. But every time I try to take a bite of the soup, I get repulsed by it.. I ate so much of it in September that I really dont want to eat it ever again!! I think I found my way out of this craziness
awlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #2  

Im really having so strong cravings for those peppers.. Oh my... It's tortureous...
Old 10-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlass View Post
Im really having so strong cravings for those peppers.. Oh my... It's tortureous...
I can't imagine that pickled peppers aren't very, very low in calories, unless there's sugar?

Last edited by JulieJ08; 10-28-2008 at 08:30 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/180/155

Height: 5'8"

Pickles are good for when you just want to eat. They have almost no calories, and are filling, like all veggies. You just need to be careful about your salt intake. Like, don't eat a jar of pickles every day. It's okay for the occasional craving though.

Olives don't count though. They add up quick.
Athendta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #5  

No sugar in the peppers.. Really, they taste great! I just have to be careful.. They cause problems with my digestive track lol...
I have a weakness for olives, but really, spicy things are my favorites
Old 10-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #6  

Congratulations on starting your journey to recovery. It takes a lot of inner strength to do what you are doing! Just remember that you don't have to do it alone. You have us on this message board. You have OA meetings (hopefully there are some in your area). You have the "Big Book" of alcoholics anonymous.

Something you might try to do is to pray to your God for strength and wisdom. Remember, in OA you get to pray to God AS YOU UNDERSTAND HIM.

Good luck and keep posting to this message board!!!

Tony
tvalle is offline   Reply With Quote