Old 10-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208.8/170.2/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Fitness Challenge--November 1st- December 1st

Okay, so I know there are a lot of challenges that are going on right now. But I had an idea, inspired by something on another weight loss board that I belong to. If you are interested in joining, you have until the end of Oct 31st to join in.

1) How to compete? It's simple really, I will post first (when the challenge begins on Nov 1st) with the name of an exercise and how many of this exercise are to be done. Then, the next person will do the exercise and then post that it has been completed, and challenge the following person to an exercise.

2) What should the post look like?
COMPLETED: The exercise that you completed
NAME: Name you are going by for the challenge- either screen name or real name, whichever you choose.
NEXT: The exercise that you are challenging the next person to
EXTRA CREDIT: Have you done some extra working out today? Post it here. The point system will be shown below.

3) Scoring For each person's exercise challenge that you complete, you will be awarded one point. If two people, by chance, are doing the same exercise at the same time and reply to the above post then the first person that posted will receive a full point, and the second person will receive half of that.

Extra Credit Scoring- as I mentioned above, any additional exercise that is done during the day is known as 'extra credit', basically, whatever your normal workouts are. Here is the points system:

Cycling: 30 minutes or less (1 point), 31 minutes or more (1.5 point)
Running: 30 minutes or less (1 point), 31 minutes or more (1.5 point)
Walking: 30 minutes or less (.5 point), 31 minutes or more (1 point)
Kickboxing: 30 minutes or less (1 point), 31 minutes or more (1 point)
Yoga: 30 minutes or less (.5 point), 31 minutes or more (1 point)
Strength Training: 30 minutes or less (1.5 point), 31 minutes or more (2 points)
Cardio: 30 minutes or less (1 point), 31 minutes or more (1.5 point)
Other? Let me know and I will give you the point value

4) Who can I post after? You can post after anybody, including yourself- as long as your post was up for at least thirty minutes. If it has been less than thirty minutes, you may not post after yourself. You must be patient ;D

5) What exercises may I challenge people to? Here are a list of different exercises you may use. Have a suggestion for your own? You may do so, but be sure to post proper instructions on how the exercise is done. YOU MUST FOLLOW PROPER EXERCISE PRACTICES AT ALL TIMES. Don't forget to warm up and cool down. No injuries allowed, it's not part of the challenge. If you need to modify an exercise, feel free to do so- just be sure that you are doing it safely, and within your own boundaries.

ABS:
Basic Crunch
Bicylce Crunch
Crunch Twist
Double Crunch
Plank
Plank Twists
Extended Plank
Hollowman
Lateral Leg Raises
Lying Leg Raises
Oblique Side Crunch
Reverse Crunch
Russian Twists

ARMS AND SHOULDERS
Anterior Shoulder Raise
Bench Dips
Bent-Over Shoulder Raise
Concentration Curls
Dumbbell Bicep Curls
Dumbbell Tricep Extension
Hammer Curls
Lateral Shoulder Raise
Military Shoulder Press
Reverse-Grip Curls
Reverse-Grip Shoulder Press
Tricep Kickbacks
W Shoulder Press
Zottman Curls

BACK
Dumbell Row
Seated Row
Superman
Sequential Superman

CHEST
Close-Grip Push-Up
Dumbbell Chest Press
Dumbbell Chest Flys
Modified Push-Up
Push-Up

LEGS & BUTT
Backward Lunge
Cross-Over Lunge
Forward Lunge
Hack Squat
Jumping Lunge
Jumping Squat
King Squat
One-Leg Pelvic Thrust
Pelvic Thrust
Pendulum Lunge
Side Lunge
Static Lunge
Step Up
Sumo Squat
Squats
Wall Squat

TOTAL BODY/CARDIO
Jumping Jacks
Jumping Rope
Mountain Climbers
Squatting Lateral Step Plyos
Squat Thrusts
Step Plyos

Note: I will post another post with how to do each individual exercise properly, so that people know how to do them.

6) HAVE FUN! Every Saturday in the month of November I will post a list with everybody involved in the challenge with their number of fitness points. I will add up each week, and on December 1st our Fitness Champion will be crowned. What better way to get in your exercise than to make it into a game? I hope to see some of you ladies here soon!

<3 Jen

jen1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

*Bump*
It's the 2nd... were you still going to do this??? I was looking forward to it...
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #3  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

i just came across this today-- and i want to join in--
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I want to join also and i as well just came across today. Is it still a go?
luvmyinnerdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208.8/170.2/140

Sorry I disappeared on this guys. I would still like to do this but obviously with an adjustment in the dates. Is anyone still interested in doing this? Let me know.
jen1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Sounds like a nice idea. I am a little confused about the challenge some one part, but sounds like a wonderful way to motivate exercise. Jen can we change the date and have the challenge start Dec 1? Any one challenging?? Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 11-22-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #7  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

yeah lets kick this one off again--- its a great concept and would totally get us in the working out mode
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I really hope that some one will take this thread update it, revamp it, and it would take off. It is a really great idea, it could really help motavate us to get a swimsuit body for Spring break. I don't have the time to really do the thread like it needs. If some one can help me with this I would really like to get it going.Some one pm me with some ideas. I also wrote Elis a note to see if she has any supper ideas for this thread. Points and stickers are great motavators, I don't have access to stickers HELP Me PLEASE Thanks
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #9  
it's always something

I think it sounds fantastic. Is there anyone willing to take it over? You would copy the original post, then take on the responsibility of compiling the weekly data.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote