30-Somethings - ~~Week Of April 21st~~

View Full Version : ~~Week Of April 21st~~

Pryia
04-21-2002, 09:31 AM
GOOD MORNING!!

Well I made it through Day 1. It was really easy to get back on program after one day off. I guess it is because I did not beat myself up for it. And act like I can't do this. I know I can do it. So on to day 2

We are off to see the Brewers and the Cards today. And it is cold here again. We were just wearing shorts last weekend and now we have our winter coats on again. Gotta love WI weather.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!

:wave:

RoadRunner
04-21-2002, 10:06 AM
Wow..I thought our weather was nutty!!!!Have fun at the game Pryia!!!!

It is a beautiful day today...I think we will go back to the zoo(have yearly pass!!!) and let SD#2 play on the great play area there!!!Me and DH just sit in the shade and let her wear her little self out!!!She was asleep by 7pm last night!!!

Well..off to cook a good breakfast and then do some excercise!!!
Have a great Sunday all!!!
RR

KarenK
04-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Hi guys!! Day 14 going well. :D We went to Six Flags yesterday and had a super time. For you Jersey Girls, Nitro rocks!! I was terrified the whole time. I love coasters, but when your butt starts lifting off the seat and there is only a tiny little thing in front of you (not even over your shoulders) to hold you in, I get scared. :^: I had a veggie sandwhich for lunch and shared a piece of fudge with DH. I managed to complete the day only using 3 banked points. Think I managed pretty well. Now for the good news. I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that I haven't been able to get my butt into (comfortably) for several months. That MADE my day. I was so happy.

PYRIA: Yippee on getting back on track. WE CAN DO THIS!! I KNOW WE CAN!!:p

RR: Hope you had fun at the zoo. I like to go to the Bronx Zoo but getting there is a hassle. There is always so much darn traffic.

Hope the rest of you are having a great weekend!!

http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/auto.gif

lyssalou
04-21-2002, 07:32 PM
Well, I have had a different sort of weekend. Mad at a nurse, for abusing her position against a sick friend. I hope my friend gets out of the hospital soon, and never has to go back there!!!

RR- Ginger tea (I mean fresh ginger root, grated and boiled in water, and then drain the water and drink the water/tea) is excellent for nausea!!! Don't add sugar, it tastes like a peppery chicken broth, and it is wonderful. Also, Almonds are good too. Snack on them, and sip on the tea.

Pryia - hope you enjoyed the game.

BPB - Don't worry about catching up, just post as you can. Maybe, skim through to read the encouragement that people have given directly to you, but don't stress about responding. You should come here, and just bask in the support we can give. That is my opinion anyway.

Well, I am going to see if I can motivate myself to get ready for the week. I want to be successful at the exercise challenge. Hope everyone has a great evening, and an easy Monday morning.

Edit to Karen - CONGTATS on the small jeans. Keep it up, and they will be too big for you. too. YOU GO GIRL!!!

Pryia
04-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Brewers SWEEP the Cards!!! Good game. We had a blast, even if it was pouring outside. Thank goodness for the Roof. And that I do not sit in the section where it leaks! :lol:

I did Day 2 OP!! Even going to the game. I had some snacks there, which I brought from home. Even brought my own sandwich. Did not get my favorite NACHOS! B had some with just cheese so I had a few of those. But I did so well.

Well off to bed so I can get some zzzzz before the hetic work week starts again!!

BaileySG
04-21-2002, 11:59 PM
Well, things are pretty good. Hoping to be able to jog 1 mile straight by the end of the week. In order to make this possible, I am going to limit my cigaretts (just can't let go all at once). Am looking at property near fenway park - supposed to be an "up and comming" area - can afford the 1 br condo's and some take dogs. Going to meet with my banker on Tuesday... Resume is almost ready to go (although I really want to go to one of those counselors to have it redone for changing fields). Will write a cover letter tonight and hope those two jobs have not been filled. Exercise has been great. Food has been - well - VERY TASTY! Will try to have a better week. Just went to buy fruit, but the store was closed.

Nanci: Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better - don't think any plans are actually brewing for a get-together... Don't worry about the minor set-back - probably just H2O.

Pryia: Have fun at Eddie Bauer - got my favorite suit there 3 years ago - maybe I'll be able to wear it again soon! You have such a good attitude for success! Go on out and break that record. Yeay Brewers! Celtics won! Woo hoo. Wow op at game!

Karen: Ooh, I love amusement parks! Great job staying op - Yeay on the pants

BPB: Great to see ya. Sorry - I am the worst overposting offender (you should just skip them). Hope the ice cream is still in the fridge - or that it was REALLY GOOD.

RR: I am getting very excited! - Sorry about the park experience.

Lyssa: Hope your friend is OK - Hospitals are stressful! You go for it with the exercise!! Remember tech's advice - More than you did before = success!

Hope everyone is doing well!

LBH
04-22-2002, 12:33 PM
Hi All,

Well, after all that nice warm and hot weather last week, it's back to like, 50 something degrees today! :( It was pouring out this AM on my commute, and it's dark and gloomy now. It's supposed to get better, at least until Thursday, but not hot like it was.

Had a haircut and nails done Saturday. My hairdresser butchered me, cut like 2 inches off!! :eek: My hair grows slow to begin with, now it's gonna take forever to get it grown back!! :cry: Had my nails done (tips and acrylic) by a little Chinese guy! Never had a guy do them before, he was actually really good though. Unfortunately they're a little too long for me! They're by no means looong, but for me they are! Not sure how bowling will go tomorrow!! :lol: Going to mom's after Curves tonight to p/u some silver earrings for my appt. tomorrow. Think I will just do w/o the necklace, since it's a regular round neckline...think that's called a jewel neckline, isn't it? I'm pretty psyched about it though.

Bailey- Good for you limiting the butts. Maybe once you're able to jog 1 mile, you'll be motivated to keep cutting down til you're ready to quit?! :D

Lyss- Sorry to hear about your friend, hope she's well soon and maybe you can file a complaint about the nurse??

Karen- Congrats on the jeans! I don't do roller coasters!! It takes some convincing to get me on a log flume!! DH wants to get season passes to the water park at Great Adventure though. Still deciding, I don't think it's worth it, because I know we won't be down there every weekend! Oh, BTW, just had to giggle, you could never convince anyone that you're a native New Jerseyian by calling it Six Flags!! Anyone that grew up in NJ calls it Great Adventure, that's what it was and what it always will be!! :lol: :lol: (Not that you would wanna admit to it anyway!!)

RR- That's cool that you have a pass to the zoo.

Have a great day all!!

lizzard_h
04-22-2002, 01:50 PM
Hi everyone. I think I'm gonna quit saying TGIF cuz I work harder on the weekend than I do during the week. The only thing I enjoy on Sat & Sun is sleeping in but then I pay the price at 4:45 am on Monday. I did fairly well this weekend -- not perfect but not as bad as it could have been. The scale said I lost 1/2 pound so I was happy Sunday. I can feel myself starting to slip so I'm gonna set some different goals -- I'm totally craving diet sodas!!
Goal 1: Hit the gym 5 days and focus on the "Running" plan
Goal 2: Go for a 30 min rollerblade after work 2-3 times
Goal 3: 2-3 diet sodas and no alcohol
Goal 4: Salad with every dinner

Pry, Iíve never been a baseball fan but glad you had a good time. Good job on bringing your own food to the game and resisting nacho temptation.

RR, zooís are such a great place for kids. I love taking DHís nieces and nephews there when they come to stay with us. Ours has a great playground too and I can totally relate to you. We usually hit it for a half hour as soon as we get there and then walk around the zoo (ours is small) and then go back to the play area and stay there until the little ones are exhausted.

KarenK, you are doing so great!! I love roller coasters!!!!!! At the end of June DH and I are going to Cedar Point in Ohio Ė biggest roller coast park in the world Ė they have 15. We went two years ago and rode the Millenium Ė they had just built it and it set all kinds of records at 310 ft. tall and goes 93 mph. I canít wait to ride it again Ė itís a life altering experience. I was ready to face anything after conquering my fear of getting on that monster. WooHoo on the pants fitting!!

Lys, Iím sorry to hear about your friend being sick. Itís great that you are turning to exercise/walking in this difficult time instead of food. It shows what great progress youíve made!!

Bailey, does BF smoke?? Good luck in cutting back. The condo sounds great. I hope all goes well at the bank. Your boss is your father???????? You forgot to mention that it your ďventĒ post. You are too funny.

Tech, I checked your website and your new job sounds exciting. I hope itís as fun and interesting as it looks. I have my scuba license but havenít been in awhile. Iíve always been fascinated by the ocean and living in FL I just had to do it. Iím kind of like Karen though, I get really stressed and nervous when Iím getting all the gear on and usually work myself into an upset stomach but once I hit the water Iím in heaven and itís so peaceful.

Lisa, DH and I are wishing we had a condo!!! We just shelled out $600 to redo our entire front yard. It got bugs or something and died off so several pallets of grass later we have a nice yard. The house is 15 years old and itís time to start replacing everything. I guess weíre lucky at how good itís been for us so far Ė weíve lived there for five years.

Lauren, sorry you had such a stressful Friday. I hope everything was resolved and this week goes better for you.

Nanci, welcome back. Glad you survived without hurting anyone.

BPB, sending good vibes your way. You should print out all of our messages and then go for a walk while you read them. Hahahaha!!!

BigPhatBooty
04-22-2002, 03:37 PM
I promise I will go back and read the posts properly, but I have to vent....

ToM - nine days and counting :mad: :mad:

As compensation to my body, I had to eat the tub of haagen dazs strawberry cheesecake icecream to replenish my lost energy :s:

RoadRunner
04-22-2002, 05:37 PM
BFB--Wow--on tom!!!Doensnt it know to stay away about hmmmm 9 months or so!!!!;) Leave the Haagen Dazs alone!!!I heard that roller blading helps the energy level!!!!

Liz--I am glad I sold my house after 11 yrs of owning...I just knew things would be needing replacement!!!I like living at DH's and let his do those things!!!He had to replace 2 shrubs cuz of bugs..It is crazy those pesky little creatures!!!!

Lauren--Good Luck!!!Let us know!!!

Have a great evening..Did 45 minutes on the treadmill and only got off for dry heaves twice!!!:smug: I am off to buy some ginger!!!
Vicki

dabrat
04-22-2002, 06:11 PM
:) Hi everyone again sorry I am so slow in posting here I forget where I am going and have been. :o I have been doing readlly well since Wednesday now/ I know that is only 5 1/2 days so far but hey it is a start. I did slip a bit yesterday but was around 1800 calories and about and 29 g fat. So many vegetables so little time. The calories were from a red licorice attack.:lol: :o I have had 3 or 4 cups of water today so far and am off to get another one. Ilove Goodwill! I bought a new looking Sag Harbor skirt for $2.49 + tax. I have been going crazy buying skirts there when they go half price it is to good to resist.:o I bet I have about 20 now!:o :lol: Not quite that many and they are different sizes ya know! Have a great day and drink water! Daphne

lyssalou
04-22-2002, 06:18 PM
With all the confusion this weekend, I forgot to tell you that my gumbo was out ot this world. If I keep finding low fat alternatives to my favorite foods like this, I will never miss the high fat alternatives. Next experiment, fat free pie crust. Will let you all know the results!!! (If any one is interested.)

Dabrat - Everyone has to start (or re-start) somewhere, and 5 1/2 days is really good. Congrats, and keep it up. I like re-sale shops, too!!! Some people get rid of clothes way before they should, and that means I can clothe my whole family of 6 for cheaper than what most people spend on one person.

BPB - no fun. I hope everything gets better soon. DON'T STRESS ABOUT READING THE POSTS. And leave the Haagen Dazs alone. It doesn't taste as good as skinny feels.

Liz - great plan, especially about eating salad with dinner, maybe that is what dh and I need to change our diet to get off of the plateau we are on now.

LBH - sorry the "new do" isn't what you wanted, I am sure it looks better than you think.

Bailey - Tasty food is good, at least you are exercising more, that will help. Good luck on the job hunt.

Pryia - Glad you enjoyed the game. Why say this is day 2? Why not say that you are just picking up where you left off? Saying this is day 2 doesn't express the 11 days you did fabulous before. Heck, 11 days on, and 1 day off is less than 10% off of plan. And every day op you add, you decrease the off percentage. You just gotta keep going. I for one am very proud of you.

Karen - see we Texans do everything bigger. Even our amusement parks are so big, that they have expanded all over the US. For those of you who don't know, Six Flags comes from Texas, where there have been six different Countries flags flying over us. Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas (it used to be an independant country), Confederate States of America, United States of America.

Have a great evening.

BaileySG
04-22-2002, 08:47 PM
BRRRRR! We went from one day last week in the 90's right back to the 30's! It is even supposed to snow tonight. I sucked it up and did my run anyway, though. Same time as yesterday - but still need to keep stopping to walk and catch my breath. Cigarette's: 10 down, 5 to go and about 7 hours until I usually go to bed. Guess I will have to turn in early!:lol: So far so good on points... BUT I AM STARVING.

Didn't get the job stuff out, just waiting for feedback from my sister. If anyone would be willing to offer feedback, pm me your email and I will send it off. I really don't know how to go about changing careers!

Talked to banker today. Looks like I should be able to qualify for a loan that will get us into a place, but my rate might be a little high (late credit card payments). That's ok, though. Renting, the interest rate is 100% and our current monthly payment is higher than what the loan would be! Will go to open houses this w/e. We are lucky, we are renting month to month, so we have a very flexible time frame and can wait out all of the spring and summer "seller's market" weeks unless we find something spectacular.

LBH: Hating this cold front! Sorry about the hair - I am sure it looks great, it is just not what you are used to. Break a leg tomorrow! As far as the smoking advice, that is the plan, but we are not using the "Q" word. Instead, I am saying I will cut back to 15. If I make it 2 days, I will go to 14, etc. If I get to a point where it is really hard, I will stay there for a week or 2 so I don't break down and go back to 25 per day!

Liz: You are doing great! I have to get off the diet soda kick myself. No alcohol?? All week??? WOW - IMAGINE... Yes BF smokes, but he is not as bad as me. For example, when we run out, he does not go running out of the house screaming like a banchee looking for an open store. Also, if he is not feeling too well, he just won't smoke for a day. Trust me, I know. It sounds crazy but he is really like that! So anyway, if I am successful, he will probably all but quit without my hardly even noticing. Yes, my boss is my father:o . When I decided to leave grad school, they were in a very busy time and needed help with some research projects and software development. There are 5 employees (including me, the "clerk" (mommy) and the CEO (daddy). In addition, the only other full time employee besides me and my father has worked with my father since I was 6. Everytime the two of them look at me, I can see bunny slippers reflected in their eyes. Yes, I need a new job.

BPB: YUCK TOM!! I had AF visit for 6 weeks straight once and had to go on the pill. You may want to see your dr. Or, eat more ice cream:lol:

RR: Hope you are feeling better! Take it easy on the exercise.

Dabrat: I couldn't figure out what dab rat meant...Is it da BRAT?? :lol: too funny

Lyssa: Yummy gumbo sounds great. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't pie crusts com in those pie-shaped containers at the grocery store:lol: I wouldn't even know what to do with one of those:o Thanks for the good thoughts!

Well, gotta get up off this chair and do something before I light up another butt!

dabrat
04-22-2002, 09:08 PM
:) LOL Bailey it is Da brat cause my hubby says I am a brat. He also calls me Duck because my name is Daphne so Daffy Duck therefore Duck. It is funny in the store to hear Hey Duck where are you?!I Just ate about1/2 dry pint Grape Tomatoes. They are sooo good. Daphne

Pryia
04-22-2002, 09:41 PM
Just wanted to say Hi and I am OP. I have SERIOUS dental pain. So I can not post now. I will be back in a few days after the root canal!!

P
:( :( :( :( Times that by 1000

KarenK
04-22-2002, 10:02 PM
Hi guys. I did the official weigh-in this morning and I lost another 2.5. That makes 5 in all. Yippee!!:dizzy:

PYRIA: I'm so sorry about the dental pain!! Congrats on being OP!! Hope you are better soon. We will miss you.

BPB: Hope the ice cream was yummy!! Yuck on the 9 days. I would be thorougly sick of it!! I hate the 5 or 6 I have to put up with. Hope it skedaddles soon!!

LYSSIA: Yep. I'm from Texas originally. In case Lauren laughing at me didn't give it away!! Here they call in Great Adventure but I can't get over the Six Flags habit. Makes me sorta homesick!!! JERSEY GIRLS CLOSE YOUR EARS: I really don't like Jersey sometimes. I miss the wide open spaces and just plain homeness of Texas. This really doesn't feel like home if ya know what I mean.

LAUREN: Nope, not gonna claim to be a native jersian!! Never gonna happen!! LOL!! We got season passes this year since long vacations are out of the question. Amazing how a puppy can do that to you!! We decided that it wouldn't be fair to go away and leave him in a crate 23 hours a day. We have a sitter but she only comes twice a day. So, till he can be trusted out of the crate, we stay home! He turned out to be so HUGE that I'm not really comfortable taking him to a hotel. Here's a picture. It's not even that accurate, it's about 4 months old.

http://www.apkweb.com/tripper.jpg

His name is Tripper and he's a border collie/lab mix. He's now 11 months old and he is a HANDFULL.

RR: Hope you feel better!!!! Sending you lots of positive thoughts.

Well, gotta go now. Hope you all have a nice evening.

Backfor 2002
04-22-2002, 10:23 PM
Oh boy you gals have been BUSY!

Pryia, I am glad you enjoyed the game and that you did so well on your snacks. Have you noticed how well the mariners are doing? :-)

Vicky, Oh my I am impressed that you are excercising through the dry heaves. I tend to get the dry heaves on there as well but it is usually from watching fear factor or survivor when they are eating something gross. I tend to get grossed out VERY easily.

Karen, Way to go on those jeans. That is absolutely AWESOME. I know you are feeling great.

Lyssalou, I am sorry your friend is in the hospital. I hope she is better soon.

Bailey, Send your resume my way, I will take a look at it for you.
I have to tell you that you have really been inspiring to add the running into my workout. You are so right, the smoking has to go. I have cut down about 5 -7 per day.

Lauren, GOOD LUCK AT THE INTERVIEW.

Liz, I hear you on working harder on the weekend. I feel like I didn't sit down all weekend. I have been taking a lot of time getting food type things ready for the next week. I find that if I am not prepared I just don't make very good choices.

BPB, Oh Strawberry Cheesecake icecream. MY FAVORITE!

Daphene, Way to go on the 5 &1/2 days on plan.

Doing well here. Feeling very motivated.

Juldiet
04-22-2002, 11:46 PM
I'm home!!
We had a great trip.
We left the 4th, here is what we did by state.
MO, IL, IN, : Drove thru
KY: Louisville's new "Glass Works" gallery and studio
stayed with an old friend in Lexington
TN:drove thru
NC: looked real quick at a couple areas for relocating
SC: family stuff, suprise parties for m-i-l
Columbia's zoo
Charleston's new aquarium and the downtown area
GA: drove thru
FL: St Augustine (want to go back wonderful town)
did the Alligator Farm (cool)
did 6 hours of Disney (I had strep throat by this time)
Naples' did the show (good), loved the beach, loved our
hotel, loved the downtown galleries (want to go back)
saw the Manatee's (it was free that day for Earth Day)
GA: visited and stayed with s-i-l.
GA, AL,MS, TN, AR :drove thru on way home.

I won't weigh for a day or two. But I will mow the grass in the morning. And I'm working on about 20 loads of laundry.

- jul

lizzard_h
04-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....rough day at work and it's only 10 am. Did I say no alcohol this week??? I might have to go back and edit that.

<<venting....>>

I just love working with the Air Force. Especially when I'm the middle person trying to do something that I don't understand at all. We're trying to get a T-1 network line run to our building which is on an AF Base. Our corp office has already paid for them to get it installed from the outside world onto the AF installation and I submitted a form this morning to get them to run it to our office. By the way, I am not a computer person but since there's only five people in my office I'm forced to be one -- can you relate Bailey?? So after 20 minutes on the phone with someone walking me thru filling out the form I get it submitted only to get an e-mail from an AF jerk telling me he can't justify spending the money to run it to our building (there's only 1 1/2 year left in our contract). Don't ask me....I have no idea what the heck is going on. Now I'm gonna get stuck in the middle of this battle and I'm clueless. My resolution so far has been to forward the e-mails to our contact at the corp. office and I asked him to call the AF jerk and straighten it out. I want out of this loop!!

Sorry...others were venting about their job so I was hoping I could too.

By the way, I was surfing thru our local classifieds yesterday looking for puppies and while I was there I checked the job listing. Right there before my eyes was their "job of the week" and it is absolutely perfect for me. I don't know what the salary is but there's only one way to find out. I'm working on my stuff this morning (in between this computer crap) and I hope to post my application sometime today.

<<frosty cold Mich Lite is calling me...liz, liz>>:D

TechAlum
04-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Hello Everyone

Just wanted to stop in and say that this weekend didn't go well program wise :( . So I'm with Pyria and starting over :( . I have decided to continue with the same goals until I can meet them and then add to them (at least I was close).

1) Journal everything the day it's eaten not two days later
2) Exercise 3 times a week for at least a half hour (only got in 2 last week)
3) Drink a minimum of 6 glasses of water each day (only missed on Sat.)

OK, that should do it WW is tonight so I'll let you know how it goes.

I can't remember who asked, but I'll be a "historical presenter" in trades and transportation. I'll tell the guests about what is being done in each building and how it worked in the past and stuff like that. Should be fun, I just wish it payed better I got spoiled working as an automotive engineer which paid well but I hated. We'll work it out.

Pyria - Here's hoping the root canal goes well. Good Luck starting over.

LBH - Hope the interview went well.

RR - I have a membership at the zoo here, also, but its a bit of a drive so we don't go that often. Glad you had a good time.

BPB - Bummer on the AF. Hope things get better for you. Don't worry about catching up just jump right in.

KarenK - Congrats on the 2.5 :D . I'm also a big rollercoaster nut, I've been trying to hit one new amusement park every other summer, but with the wedding last year we missed. Usually we hit Cedar Point at least once a year (it's a day trip). I understand about the dog thing, we kennel ours and it can cost almost as much as the trip sometimes. We're going to take them camping at the end of May to see how that works, they'll sleep in the van while we sleep in the tent. If it goes well we're hoping its an alternative.

Jul - Welcome back! Sounds like a lot of driving, glad you had a good time. I don't envy you the laundry :lol: .

Liz - Feel free to vent any time. Good luck meeting your goals this week especially since it sounds like it's gonna be a long one. Try a walk before the beer it might help (I don't know it sounded good).

debrat - 5 1/2 days is 5 1/2 days you can do it just one step at a time.

baily - Good luck cutting back on the smoking. It's not an easy thing to do I know, I watched everyone in my family going thru it (not all succesfully but that's another story). Hope the dog's ok.

Well this has turned into a novel again :eek: . I'll say bye now. Going to go sew 'til it warms up enought to go out and plant some stuff, the people who owned the house before us were big into evergreens which I'm not, so I want to do some re-organizing and planting. And I can't remember who was complaining their house was 15 years old, ours is 65 (built in 1937) and my last one was even older! Imagine the things that go wrong here :lol:.

Now I'm really going......

- Tech

Juldiet
04-23-2002, 12:10 PM
I went ahead and got on the scales this morning. I was up 2 lbs.
Not bad considering all the sitting and eatting. I did walk as much as possible but it wasn't enough.

It rained this morning so I can't mow yet. Going to keep plugging away at the laundry.

- jul

TechAlum
04-23-2002, 12:13 PM
I forgot:

Lyssalou - Your gumbo sounded good, I find really good recipies in cooking light and they have a decent web page (http://www.cookinglight.com). I subscribe to the magazine and make probably 2/3 of our dinners using their recipies. You have to be careful because while they lighten the recipies they may not actually be low fat. I can't imagine doing a no fat pie crust, I wouldn't think it would stick together at all but just turn into glue. I have done one of their low fat pie crusts I think it had about 3 Tbs of butter only, I'll see if I can find it and let you know.

OK I am really going now....

- Tech

elisa822
04-23-2002, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone!

I always feel so guilty when I don't have time to respond to everyone - I couldn't believe the number of new posts!! I just wanted to check in and get some motivation. My husband and I have still been slacking a bit in the diet area for the past while (too long). I'm happy I'm not gaining any back but I really wanted to be slimmer for shorts season. And I still haven't given up! I'm generally good during the week and particularily during the day but lately - too much splurging. I know I keep saying the same things but I figure if I just keep coming here and don't give up I at least won't gain it back. I mean I've lost 20 pounds since last year at this time but my highest weight (a few months before) was more like 30 pounds more. So you'll just have to keep listening to me since I DON'T WANT TO GAIN IT ALL BACK!!

Lyssa - I would love your gumbo recipe if you don't mind sharing it. I also can't cook with seafood so your recipe would be great!!

Tech - I'm going to check out the cooking light website too. My mom sometimes buys the magazines and then passes them on to me and I really like the recipes, although it's true that they're not always low on points.

Pryia- good luck with the dentist (where I'm heading today hopefully for a pain free visit). I had 2 root canals last year (not the most fun) and the pain before they fixed the teeth was unbearable. Also good job with the game. I also feel every day is a new day and it's too easy to say I had a bad meal or bad day or bad week so let's just go for it but we can't do that!! Keep up the good work.

Bailey - you always inspire me. Still haven't gotten on the treadmill but I think eventually if I keep reading about how good you're doing, it'll kick in for me. I'm also looking for a career change or at least a job change so we're on the same wavelength!

Sorry no time to respond to everyone but I'll try to check in more often.

Have a great day,
Elisa

Rabbit
04-23-2002, 06:04 PM
Hi all - I am back!! I am oh so busy & will get caught up soon - I hope!

Rabbit

lyssalou
04-23-2002, 06:35 PM
Hi all!!! I have been extremely worried that my work-out wasn't raising my heartrate enough to do me any good. So today I decided to really push myself on my work out to see if I could get my heart rate closer to my target, and boy did I get it higher. Then I realized that I was not figuring out my heart rate correctly. I was taking my pulse, and multiplying that by 3. :o Ok, now you all know the truth, I am not a math genuius. I have been much closer to my target this whole time than I thought, and today a severly overshot it. I guess I will survive, and I won't worry about my choice of exercise anymore. :)

Gumbo Recipe

1/2 c. flour
dash of garlic powder, cajun seasoning, salt, cayenne, onion powder

1/2-1 c. pictsweet seasoning blend veggies (onions, redpeppers, celery, etc.)
1# bag of Gumbo veggies (pictsweet brand- okra, corn, redpeppers, onions, etc.)
1# fish (I prefer polock)
1 can diced tomatoes
above seasonings to taste. (I made mine bland, and then put cajun seasoning and cayenne on the table so the kids could eat it too.)
Cooked Rice.

Mix flour and spices, and brown over medium heat stirring continuously until it reaches your prefered roux color. Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook says to the color of a new copper penny. This will take sometime, just as making roux with oil takes, but it doesn't pop on you like the oil version does. Also, you can't walk away, or it may burn on you. Let it cool. Add veggies, and begin to sautee with the "roux". I sauteed until the veggies were mostly thawed. Then add tomatoes, seasonings, and fish, and enough water to liberally cover. Bring to a boil and simmer until done(BHG cookbook says 20-30 min. I suggest a little longer so the flavors meld). I recommend using slowcooker, or if you have it, the Air Core walk away cookware (that is what I used). Serve hot over cooked rice.

Elisa - You could always look for healthy ways to splurg! Diet sodas, Blue Bunny Fat Free, No Sugar Added Icecream, Tostitos baked (NOT WOW) chips with salsa. Limit how much you eat though of even the healthy things, because they are not calorie free, just lower calories than the other alternatives. That is how I keep from feeling deprived and still stay near my goal calories.

Tech - I am going to experiment with using egg whites instead of butter or oil. Yes, it sounds crazy!!! I don't do what is normal, sometimes it is a success, and sometimes it fails!!! But it is always fun!!!

Liz - Well, a light beer (12 oz) is only 99 cals, and no fat. Where as regular beer is 146 cals, Wine is 74 cals for 3.5 oz. and Whiskey is 105 calories for 1.5 oz. I just thought the facts would help you make an educated choice. (personally, I have decided to avoid it all until I loose all of my weight, except for special occasions. It is not worth the calories I would have to spend to drink on a regular basis!)

Jul - Welcome back. Sounds like you had a world wind trip with a lot of driving through. Gaining 2 lbs. is not bad, and that could always be simply water weight, and nothing more. You will loose it soon I am sure.

Nanci - Glad all is well. Glad you are posting, and yes, this place is hoping!!!

Karen - Hooray for the continued loss. Where are you from in Texas? Great state isn't it.

Pryia - OUCH. I am very sorry you are in pain. I hope you get to feeling better soon. :angel: Sending you big hugs!!!

Daphne - How sweet it is to have little nick names given to you by a loved one. My late stepdad always called my mom "Munchie" ; short for munchkin cause she was short, and he was 6'4", and he called me "Junior" because he thought I was so much like my mom. I thought it was cool, and yours are cool too!!!

Bailey - Too cool on the home loan. I hope you find something spectacular for what ever money you end up spending. Wow, working for Dad must be difficult. Especially when he is to busy to discuss your projects with you. Are you working in the Psychology field? Good luck (I think I already said it before) looking for a new job. I would look at your resume, but I don't think I would be of much help. Dh is the one who is good at that sort of stuff.

Rabbit - If you can't get caught up, just pick up from where we are now. Welcome home.

RoadRunner
04-23-2002, 07:07 PM
Pryia--Hope U R better!!!Good luck at the dentist!!!

Jul-your trip made me tired to read!!!!!Hope the laundry is moving right along!!!

Just a quickie post..Hello to all!!!I have a sick child..no symptoms except for fever 101axillary and irritable...I wish she would talk and tell me something...also daycare reported lice in some child today soo I will deal with that too..Hmmmmm...I wish they would see twins next Monday on the sonagram????NOT!!!!!!
Have a good one!!!
GO REDWINGS!!!!!!
Vicki

KarenK
04-23-2002, 09:33 PM
Hi all!! Just a quickie. I'm at school and the instructor is a @#@#
So far, OP with 6 points left over. I'm looking forward to a snack when I get home.

OOPS, gotta go!!

BaileySG
04-23-2002, 10:51 PM
Gosh, food is good. Love the stuff. Must stop eating so much of it:devil:

Exercise is going great, am cutting back on cigarettes just need to refocus on food and H2O and get this darn diet coke monkey off my back! Maybe if I start smoking crack, all this stuff that is so bad for me will be easier to give up:lol:. Really, don't worry - wouldn't even know how to get the stuff let alone WANT any. Went to the dr for physical. Said I was cutting down on smoking. He took off running with the "Q" word. So, now I am supposed to pick a date, start the wellbutrin, etc. Hmmm. Will have to review the pros and cons of this one. (like that's a tough one to figure out!). Today is my flybaby day to vacuum, sweep, dust etc the whole house. This is the first week I am trying to get it done - 1/2 house down 1/2 to go. 6 cigarette's left......

Rabbit: Welcome back!!! Don't even try to catch up if you don't have time, just join us! WE MISSED YOU SO! Flylady has changed my life and YOU are the angel that introduced us! Thanks.

Pryia: Sorry about the tooth situation! Hope you are feeling better soon. Maybe it will be too sore to eat?:lol:

Karen: Congrats on the loss. Great pic of Tripper. I will have to learn more about these 'puter gadgets so I can post a photo of the monster.

Nanci: Wow you are doing so good. How much were you smoking (i.e., how much have you cut back)? My dr is supposed to be one of the best at Mass General and he was very clear that I, a pack-a-day addict should follow the welbutrin plan, taking the meds for 7 days before my "Q" date, then doubling the dose on day 8 and slapping a patch on the ole arm (he said a "21" patch, don't know what that means). I guess this is all for the physical addiction so that you can focus on the psychological and behavioral aspects until you are ready to deal with the physical part...Hmmm. Great that you are running - if you feel like it, come post with Liz and I. Keep that motivated feeling alive!

Jul: Welcome home! The trip sounds great - I hope the shows went well (lots of orders with plenty of time to be filled!) Good luck with the laundry. Don't worry too much about the 2 lbs - sitting in a car like that will make you retain tons of water (unless you drink tons of water, which most people don't due to the lack of facilities.

Liz: Sorry about the bad day. How about this for a plan - go get some non-alcoholic beer. Then toss a little tequilla in when no one is looking:devil: Just kidding - go ahead and have a beer, just make up for it with wise food choices. Feel free to vent anytime. Yeay on the job - hope it turns out. (Liz, Liz, LIZ) - you better go, that beer is sounding impatient!

Tech: Sounds to me like you are doing better than a little while ago, so I think you are doing GREAT with the program - Keep inching toward those goals and you will be there in no time. Hope all goes well at WI.

Elisa: Don't feel guilty! We love your company and are here to give you motivation. If you have time and feel like reading too, great, if not Just come share with us. That is great that you are maintaining without sticking to program - that is where I am too. However, I hope to some day get back OP so I can lose a few more - if not, I have already done great. Let's make a pact: We will NOT gain it all back and will make brave and valiant efforts to lose that little bit more. If the weather is nice around you, maybe you could try walking or running outside. If you can't find the motivation, maybe have the dh drop you about a mile from home with no wallet? Just a thought:D GL with the job thing. Come join us on the careers thread if you want. Everyone (but me) seems to really be gettin a move on!

Lyssa: Hey - maybe you should get a pedometer? They have a good one on sale at amazon.com right now that is only $30. It will do several things. 1) It will count your steps - that may help you focus on simply MOVING more, as your schedule does not lend itself to uninterrupted "Lyssa" time for a lot of structured workouts. You could pick a goal # of steps and just keep walking around the house (maybe straightening up?) until you reach it each night. 2) Some (including the amazon one) also have pulse monitors so you can monitor your heart beat. Pretty cool! LOL - 3.5 ounces of wine - Oh, that wasn't a joke:o . I am trying to stay away from the stuff until I reach goal myself (trying, not succeeding). On the job front, I actually left the field of psychology about a year ago to go into the more lucrative world of business. May go back someday - right now I want to find something high-paying, but what I do now is no where near as rewarding as working with kids who really need the help and trying to find answers as to WHY some kids have things so tough.

RR: Oh, give the poor darling a kiss for us all, then spit out the bugs:lol: - Hopefully, she will be feeling better soon and you won't have an infestation. What would you say to triplets?:dizzy:

Backfor 2002
04-24-2002, 01:24 AM
Holy Cow! We are busy here.

Karen, I just have this mental picture of you sneaking in a post while in class.

Jul, Welcome back! We missed you. I am glad that it went well.

Liz, Sorry work was not fun today. Good luck on the new opportunity.

Tech, Good job getting back on track.

Elisa, Sometimes it can be so hard to stay focused. Just keep thinking of those shorts.

Rabbit, WELCOME BACK. We missed you lots.

Lyssalou, The Gumbo sounds great. I am going to give it a try.

Vicki, Sorry to hear about the sick child. The lice sounds icky. My head started itching just reading about it.

Bailey, What did your Dr say about wine and the welbutrin? I usually smoke about a pack a day. I have cut back from that.

We just got back from the track. I was able to drop my time by 4 minutes. It felt pretty darn good. The dog gets so excited to go with us it is very cute.

Night all

Pryia
04-24-2002, 08:03 AM
Well I had the root canal. There was NO Pain!! I mean it, not during or after. My jaw feels wonderful. The dentist was great. He is a specialist and all they do is root canals. Did not even feel like I was in there for an hour. I am so glad it is over. And now that I know it did not hurt. IF (and I do mean IF) I have to do that again, he is were I am going.

I am still OP, not sure what day. But I guess the way to look at it is I missed one day since 4-8-02. Which is pretty darn good.

This coming week I will work on the E word.

I will reply to everyone later---gotta go to work!

LBH
04-24-2002, 11:28 AM
Hi All,

Well, I have been soo busy. Everything went pretty good yesterday AM. The only concerns I have are that is a corporate dress code and I'm not real happy with the hours/benefits. The hours are 8-5 with an hour for lunch, so it's a full 40 hr week. It's early for me, I work 8:30-5 now, and that's if I get here at 8:30!! It's still only 2 wks vacation, prorated for this year. I got spoiled a few jobs back with the 3 wks. There's 5-6 holidays and only 1 floater. 401K after 6 months, they match .50 on the dollar up to 6%. Health insurance after 90 days...which I don't agree with. They will need to pay me very well for me to take it. I will need to spend a few hundred dollars on suitable clothing to wear everyday. Can wear khakis on Fridays only!! :eek: The job itself sounds very challenging though. It's working for the Sr. VP of the Construction division and the VP of Business Development and Client Services, which is really Marketing and Sales. Met with HR person, Office Manager and the 2 VPs! Was there from 9-12:30!! :eek: I wanted Exec. Asst., and this is truly Exec. Asst.!! I will need at least 45-50K to make this work though. Hopefully I"ll here something by the end of the week. Hey, can any of you tell me how much dry cleaning costs per week?? Like if I brought a weeks worth of stuff there? I prefer wash and wear, but if I have to spend the money on good clothes that I need to wear everyday, I think I need to spend the money on dry cleaning too, to keep them nice.

Pryia- Glad you had a good dental experience.

Nanci- Congrats on dropping your time!

Bailey- I promise I won't mention the Q word....but congrats on considering it...it's a big step!!

RR- Ooh, hope the child is feeling better soon, and doesn't get lice!!

Lyss- On the chart at Curves, it says my heart rate should be 21 (for a 10 second count) at 70%, I think, which is what they recommend. I think that covered all 30 something ages. It goes down to 20 at 40 yr old. I would love to know if you come up with a lower fat pie crust that's still flaky!!

Rabbit- Welcome Back!! We missed you!!

Elisa- Good to see you.!! Congrats on not gaining also!! Hang in there and keep coming here!!

Jul- Welcome back!! Your trip sounds like it was fun!

Tech- Good to see you...hop right back on that wagon!

Liz- Sorry you're having job trouble. Get that resume together and get it out!!

OH, I think it was Bailey that mentioned it, if you want to send me your resume, I'll take a look at it...everyone (prospective employers) always says they like mine. I'll PM you my email address, or you can send it to the yahoo address in my Bio. :D

OK, I'm off to Solitary Confinement again!!! ( Central Files!) Have a great day all!

elisa822
04-24-2002, 12:42 PM
Thanks for all the nice posts. I am still counting points on most days it's just that there's been too many "free days". I'm trying to be really good this week and only get on the scale at the end of the week because the scale does rule my life. I am so happy to be maintaining so no real complaints. 10 more pounds and I'd be happy to stay there forever if I had to. 20 more pounds and I'd be HOT!! LOL! :)

Lyssa - thanks for the recipe, it sounds great although I'm skeptical about making a roux with no oil/butter!

Lauren - the job sounds great and if they pay you enough I think it's worth the changes but maybe not otherwise. I have no idea what a weeks worth of drycleaning costs - could be very expensive. Except maybe that you wouldn't need to dryclean the suits every week, just maybe the blouses. It would be tough for me to go back to the "corporate look" I can wear khakis here everyday no problem. And I get 4 weeks vacation and great benefits. The pay is just crap!! Good luck and keep us posted!

Pryia - as I've said I had root canal too and it's not really painful, just uncomfortable and I had to go to 2 visits so it's a bit of a pain in the *** but getting rid of the dental pain feel so great! I was in so much pain before I was thrilled to feel good without popping advils every 3 hours. Keep up the good OP work!

Bailey - thanks for the encouragement and I am definitely in on the pact - no gaining back!! that's why I weigh myself all the time so I can't slip too far. I think the nice weather will help with the exercise and I'm definitely not giving up!

Hi to everyone - back to work,

Elisa

RoadRunner
04-24-2002, 02:45 PM
Pryia-
A root canal without pain???Great news for U!!!Glad thinks are better!!

Bailey--If it is triplets U R hired as a nanny!!!!!BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!!!:o :o A single birth, then the tubes tied are enough for me!!!!

Well...still sick and no lice!!!Thank goodness..Of course I had to look on the internet to see what a lice looked like!!!!:?: I am home early from work and taking her to the MD....Dh had to drive to Houston for some meeting at some refinery today ...I have the family to myself!!!!!His big meeting is in Hong Kong next year...Thinks we should go!!!Not sure if a 32 hour flight is part of my plans!!!

Off to the docs!!
RR

Rabbit
04-24-2002, 02:50 PM
HI ALL - thanks for the welcomes. Thought I'd take a few minutes to post today. The weekend with ds was a blast. And the store opening at the mall of America went great.:)

I feel so behind at home, but I'll get caught up one of these days. The bills are paid & most of the laundry is done. Next week I'm going to FL for a few days for sd's graduation - it's a whirlwind here.

Karen - Hooray for the jeans fitting & yeah for the loss!

Bailey - Hooray for limiting the cigs and for the running!:D ~ I'll bet it can get difficult working for your dad. ~ Glad you are enjoying flylady. I'll have to get myself resigned up.

Tech - a new job? Congrats!

Pryia - glad you didn't have any pain with the root canal.

Jul - sounds like a wonderful trip!

Nanci - yeah for dropping your time, running I guess?

Lauren - good luck with the job thing.

Elisa - I'm with you on the not gaining it back!

Gotta run - Rabbit
249.522 miles
OP since 4/22/02

hello to all I missed!

lizzard_h
04-24-2002, 03:40 PM
Hey all, I'm not gonna try to reply to everyone right now. My brain has began it's daily shut-down. It's late in my work day and I've still been chasing network problems but I got my boss to help me and together I think we've got it figured out. At least I understand what's going on now. :)

I managed to resist temptation last night and did not touch the Mich Lites that are chilling in my fridge or the bottle of Merlot sitting on my wine shelf or the last bit of strawberry daquiri mix and rum I have. Instead I went outside and gave our new sod, citrus trees, tomato plants, and impatients some TLC and lots of water (it's been getting into the 90's here). After that I was sweaty and hot and all I wanted was some water. I guess I do have some willpower!!:cool:

Is it the season for dentist appointments?? I had my cleaning this morning and no cavities. Yeah!!!! They had a new toy there -- a small camera they shine around your mouth and there's a big tv on the ceiling for you to watch and the dentist has a small one to look at. Nothing like seeing close-up shots of your gums and fillings. I told her it was too much information for me. Oh well...glad that's over with.

Have a good evening everyone!! Glad you're back Rabbit!

lyssalou
04-24-2002, 06:41 PM
O.K., I have some serious questions. Being new to exercise, I am not sure of some certain aspects of what is normal. I did have an exam last summer with a Cardiologist, who said I was healthy, and that I had no need to worry, so I am not worried about my heart. But is it normal when AF is visiting to have some serious overflow with exercise? Or should I maybe just take it easy until AF goes away? I am sorry if this it too disgusting to ask, but thanks to insurance, I am between gynocologists. I don't know who to ask.

Liz - WTG on skipping the alcohol. And working in a garden is good exercise, even if it doesn't compare to your usual routine.

Rabbit - Wow, Mall of America!!! That is where I want to go. It sounds like shoppers paradise, and not that bad for the family either.

RR - Glad you don't have lice, we've had it twice (once we got it form sil's kids, and then from the one year we had the girls in public school) It is a nightmare, I don't even wish on my worst enemy. Cool about your dh being in town. Where is he staying? Is he going to do anything fun while he is here? If he is going to be in town this weekend, the Houston International Festival will be going on in Downtown. This year is about France.

Elisa - Really, the roux came out really good. Just be sure it is completely dry when you are cooking it, and that you stir it continuously (which you have to do with roux anyway). One nice thing about making it dry is that it doesn't pop you while you are cooking it, which I did frequently when I was cooking with oil.

LBH - That is about where I my heart rate has been staying except for yesterday. I know that the websites I have been looking at all say 130/minute, and I think the cardiologist said 140/minute. I prefer the 130!!!

Pryia - Glad you are feeling better!!! Why don't you join us on the "Just Do It" challenge? It sure helps me to know I have to report about whether or not I exercised!!!

Nanci - Let me know what you think of the gumbo.

Bailey - What is wrong with the diet coke habbit? It is my one splurg, that doesn't hurt me calorie wise at all. I only drink one small can a day, and it helps me with sweet cravings. It isn't as though it is anything illeagle, like CRACK!!! I have no intention of giving it up ever!!! But you are entitled to do as you please!!! :lol: I know four kids who could use your help indirectly!!! You could always help those of us around here with kids keep from totally screwing them up for life. I know, that wouldn't help your career advancement. I would love to help kids of divorce understand their life cituations. I think counseling should be required for all children of divorce, to help them cope.

Karen - Keep it up, you are doing great!!!

BFB - Are you there? How are you? Hope you are feeling well, and that the job front is going well. And that cheescake is staying out of your way. :lol:

BaileySG
04-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Thanks so much for all the well-wishes on the cutting back and the job. For those who kindly offered to look the resume over for me, thanks! I am finishing the cover letter tonight and will email it out. MUCH appreciated!

We went clamming this weekend and never ate all the clams. So today (4 days is the longest they recommend you store them live), I decided to cook the little buggers and make crab cakes. How can I have no qualms about slicing them open with a knife and popping them in my mouth with a little cocktail sauce, but I feel like Molly the Murderer when I cook them? The biggest sucker refused to give up the ghost for about 5 full minutes. I was literally almost crying (I know, this is pathetic). Next question: How do you "chop" a clam. I will just forwarn you, if you attempt to do it in the blender or by hand, you may never eat a clam again. Anyway, they came out good. I bet they can be made with canned clams and come out just as good, so I decided to share the recipe (Very easy!)

1 Cup chopped clams
1 Cup milk
1 Egg
2 Cups flour
4 tsp (heaping) baking powder
salt
Plenty of pepper

Mix all ingredients and cook in hot oil.

This made 3 cups of mix, and comes out to 30 points if I did it correctly (using 1% milk). (8 points for 9 oz clams, 18 for 2 cups flour, 2 for egg, 2 for milk). I had a 1/4 cup clam cake (2.5 points) cooked in 2 t oil (2 points). Will try baking one and let you know how it is. if it is good, this is pretty good and low point.

Nanci: I told my dr that I drink (and how much) and he did not mention anything about not drinking on the welbutrin. Said I can't be on Ritalin with it, though :^: Wow - how did you cut down from a pack a day to 5 or 6 a day so quick? I'm impressed! The dog is depressed because today is my "day off" from running :lol:

Pryia: Glad the dentist went well - I have heard that root canal specialists are the way to go pain wise. Great job OP - good luck with the "e" word!

LBH: Hope the offer is what you want! Not sure about the drycleaning question. I have found, however, that a lot of the "dry clean only" stuff comes out fine if you wash it in the washer (have been doing this with a number of the items I am undergrowing). Thanks for the encouragement!

Elisa: Curse that scale-monster! You can make it to the end of the week. Unfortunately, I am likely going to break our pact and be up at weigh-in saturday - but I PROMISE it won't become a trend. GL with the exercise. And remember - You are HOT NOW!

RR: I don't think I could handle being a triplet nanny! Best stick to just 1, ok?

Rabbit: Glad things went so well - don't worry about the house (baby steps and you will get there) Enjoy FL! Thanks for the kind words!

Liz: Glad things are a bit better at work! GREAT JOB on gardening instead of drinking. Unfortunately, your drinks managed to find me (I had 2 unplanned glasses of wine). Yuck on the large screen dental display!

Lyssa: I think over the long term, exercise makes TOM easier, shorter, lighter and less painful. However, I have heard that right when you start an exercise program or change levels of exercise, it can make it come early. Maybe it makes it heavier too? RR - do you know???

OK, I will stay off the crack. Really, there is nothing wrong with diet coke in MODERATION. I, however, usually go over the deep end and have a ton. This makes me retain water and makes me less likely to DRINK water. Plus, diet coke just goes so well with chocolate...... Interesting ideas on how to stay involved with kids - I am thinking about doing some volunteer work (or becoming a triplet nanny:lol: )

Have a great night, y'all:D

Backfor 2002
04-24-2002, 10:12 PM
Oh Bailey, I haven't cut down to 5 or 6 a day rather cut 5 or 6 out that I normally smoke. I guess I will just ask the Dr. about the Welbutrin and drinking. I just don't want her to suggest that I hit the Betty Ford clinic.

Speaking of the Betty have any of you read the Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya sisterhood? I loved this book and I hear that it is coming out as a movie soon.

Pryia, I am glad to hear that the root canal was painless.

Lauren, I think the dry cleaning charges really depend on where you live. I will take in three suits, 5 pairs of slacks, a couple dresses, couple blouses and it will be about 50.00
I find that I do not need to dry clean each time I wear something. I tend to get most blouses that I can wash. I also wash some dry clean only on delicate and hang up.
The job sounds exciting. I have to dress corporate each day as well. It does not bother me.

Elisa, You are so cute. Here is to 20lbs and being hot!

Rabbit, It sounds like the trips were fun. Glad you are getting caught up.

Liz, Congrats on making it through the day without getting into the liquid refreshments.

Lyssalou, I am not sure about the flow thing. I would keep an eye on it and see if it persists.

We are off to dance class tonight. This is our first one. It should be interesting.

KarenK
04-24-2002, 11:28 PM
Hi all!! Well, first let me confess. I used up all my points today PLUS my bank. But man, was it good!! We went out to Jose Tejas. I don't know if it's a chain or not. It's Mexican and Cajun. Yummy. Now, to be fair to myself, I did suggest other locations where I could get a much lower point dinner, but DH had his heart set on this place. OH WELL. Least I was mostly good.

School is gonna be a b$%$% the next three months. The teacher is a, well, I can't think of a polite word. Thank god DH knows the language I'm going to be learning. He will be able to help me 'cause the teacher certainly won't . Sigh. :( I'm not feeling good about this. It's a HARD language too. Are there any programmers out there that can commiserate with me? I'm supposed to be learning JAVA.

PYRIA: Knowing I would have to admit to you that I went over kept me inline tonight!! Thanks for your support. Glad to hear that your dentist visit went well. Hope you don't have to go again.

Lauren: Hope you get the offer you want. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

RR: Lice? Ugh!! My first internship was in pediatrics as a home therapist. I rode with my supervisor for TWO days before she told me she had lice!! I just rinsed my hair in vinegar for a week and I never got it, thank goodness!! Good Luck!!

OK, I'm tired and I can't keep it straight. But, whoever is quitting smoking......Good Luck!!

Gotta go to bed now, I'm exhausted. Gotta love homework that takes up your whole Wednesday nite!! ( even took my book to the restaurant with me!!)

http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/dance.gif

Pryia
04-25-2002, 08:26 AM
Karen- Don't worry if you go over. I was off one day since April 8th and it is okay with me. The important thing was it was 1 day not 1 week or 1 month. And I did not sit and beat myself up over it. And I am sure another day like that is coming somewhere down the line. I figure if I am going to lose this weight and keep it off. Then I have to change my life---Not DIET till I get there and go back to my old ways.

I am very proud of you! Yes checking in with you daily keeps me in line. Plus buying a swimsuit helps now too!! I know this can be done, just a day at a time!

Today is bring your kid to work day. So B is coming with me for a 1/2 a day. They are having pizza for lunch. Got my points book ready to travel. I do wish they would make them more purse size though. Cause it is a pain taking the whole book. I supose I could make my own sheet. You know I think I will. That way I can have a few of my favorites in my wallet at all times.

Have a wonderful Thursday!! See you tonight. IF anyone wants to see me and B send me your email addy through PM and I will send you the picture I am scanning!!

:wave:

TechAlum
04-25-2002, 01:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

Went to WW on Tuesday, and have decided our leader is nuts (actually I knew this a long time ago), she had us close our eyes and picture ourselves naked then draw a picture. Then we're supposed to think over the week on who we are ("I am ____ " fill in the blank). The idea is to replace the thought "I am fat", and to improve our self esteem.

Anyway I ramble. I stayed the same, which is good since the visit by AF had me eating anything that wasn't nailed down last week. But I will improve this week. Yesterday, I didn't get in any exercise, per se, but I went behind the garage to clean out the area so that I can build a garden box, and obviously it was exercise, since man am I sore today!!! Now I just have to dig up a "flower" area (and I use that term loosely) so that I can build a flower box there. Then build the boxes and fill them. Then I'm finished for this year so that I'm not totally overwelmed.

Rabbit - Welcome back.

Pyria - Glad your dental experience went well.

LBH - I think the price of dry cleaning varies by area. When I had to wear corperate wear, I bought blazers that were dry cleaned and did them about once a month, and had wash and wear skirts/pants and blouses. It worked pretty well for me. Hope you hear what you want.

RR - Sorry to hear about the sick kid. Hope she's better soon and you don't catch anything. Is Refman a ChemEng? I know you said he went to MTU, just curious.

KarenK - Hope school gets better for you. Glad you had the points saved to splurge :).

Baily - the clam cakes sound great. Pardon my ignorance, but do they taste anything like crab cakes? I ate so many on our honeymoon we joked that I was going to turn into a crab :lol: .

Nanci - I enjoyed the "Sisterhood" book too. I think the movies due out this summer, but I'm not sure when.

Well I should probably go get moving. I'm putting a dent in my "Slovenly Lady" membership and cleaning out the kitchen. I can see the counters and the stove/oven is clean, and today I'm planning on washing the refridge (it's been a while since I went grocery shopping so it's pretty empty). It's pretty scary :eek:.

Have a great Thursday all!!!! :D

-Tech :?:

RoadRunner
04-25-2002, 04:44 PM
Tech-Yes, he is a ChemE....He loves it and I think I am safe with him being here since this is Chemical country!!! :D

Lyssa-Do anything FUN in Houston???I hope not, since I am here in La!!!!:) :) Just kidding, it was a day trip only and he got home last night at 10pm....

Well, off to get things ready for settling in tonight...I have to have supper ready cuz the Redwings are on at 6pm!!!!
#2 is still sick, she has something called viral gingivostomatitis and had blisters all in her mouth and tongue..It will last 10-14 days and they run high fevers. Her weight had dropped to 35lbs from 39 soo if I cant get her eating and drinking, they will hospitalize her for fluids...
have a good evening!!!!
RR

lyssalou
04-25-2002, 05:35 PM
Well, AF seems to be doing better today. Yesterday was a little scarry, but I am hoping Bailey is right, and exercise will help in the long run. I feel so good about myself for exercising. Three days in a row! It is the most I have excercised since p.e. in Jr. High School. Now, I am going for three weeks of 5 days in a row. I can't wait to see how this will affect the shape of my body. Maybe I will join Elisa in being hot!!!! :lol:

RR - Next time come with him, and we could meet! I wished I was going to Lousiana in two weeks, my brother is graduating from Seminary on May 18th, but dh doesn't think our vehicle would make it to and from Slidell where he lives. :( Oh well, I will survive. I am so sorry about sd#2 sounds like no fun!!! I hope she will get to feeling better soon!!!

Tech - I wished I was organiclly inclined. I have never grown anything successfully. I am sure your flower boxes will look great, and it is exercise. Good luck with food.

Pryia - My daughters had to miss going to work with their dad this year, because he was out of the office for training. Did B have fun? Don't curse yourself by predicting you will have a day over point. Stay positive, but take the less than positive days in stride. I have always been taught that the more you focus on doing right, the less you will do wrong. Does that make any sense? You are doing good, and I predict you will continue doing well.

Karen - "Accentuate the positive, Eliminate the negative, and don't mess with mr. in-between." "Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again" Keep your goal in site, and run towards it. (Am I corny or what? But I really mean it!!!)
DH is getting ready to take Visual Basic 2 again. He took the first part of it, but didn't pay attention, so VB 2 was more than he could handle, and he had to drop out, and start all over. I know learning code is difficult, and when you have a teacher who isn't much help (as both of dh's VB professors were) it is doubly hard. At least your husband will be able to help you, that is a plus. (I can't help dh with anything)

Nanci - Ya Ya Sisterhood? I guess that is better than a Yo-Yo Sisterhood! (sorry, I couldn't help making the joke, it is a bad trait I have!)

Bailey - Wow, on the clam cakes! With out frying it would be 104 calories with 1 gram of fat. The flour is what drives up the calorie content. If you replaced the egg with egg white, it would be 99 calories, and less than 1 gram of fat. (diet site.com (http://www.dietsite.com) actually said 0 grams of fat, but the clams do add a small amount) Let us know how they are baked!!! I just checked, and if you use one cup of canned crabmeat, it is 97 calories each!!! And if you make it with 1 c. flour, and 1 c. bread crumbs, it makes it 94 calories (with the crabmeat).

I only drink one can a day of Diet Dr. Thunder (Walmart's version of diet Dr. Pepper), but the coffee is another story, 1 16 oz. every morning. My mom lovingly calls me her drug addicted daughter.

Funny story from my mom: A friend of hers said that she needed coffee, and my mom made some comment about her being addicted to drugs, the girl said, "I've tried drugs, I need coffee". I thought it was funny anway. (Yes, I mean girl, my mom is in college, and it was a young girl who said it.)

I don't appologize for my book! I have so much to say to you all, that you should be grateful it isn't longer!!! Just kidding.

Rabbit
04-25-2002, 06:28 PM
Hi all! I went shopping today and got myself some new clothes for FL!:)

I have weigh in tonight & I have gained a little - thought about not going, but I really want to go, so I will face the music.

Liz - yeah for resisting the mich lites and the merlot! You are a strong woman.:smug:

Lyssa - I have one diet coke/day also. Before my change of lifestyle, I was a mt. dew freak. ~ Hooray for the exercise!

Bailey - your clam cakes sound good. I've never made anything like that before.

Nanci - what type of dance class are you taking?

Karen - hooray for keeping it together while eating out!:cool:

Pryia - I admire the way you are sticking with this!:)

Tech - I will not be drawing a naked picture of myself tonight at my meeting!!:o

RR - sorry to hear sd#2 is so sick!

gotta run!

Rabbit
OP since 4/22/02

BaileySG
04-25-2002, 11:42 PM
First of, although I am a wonderful person, I SUCK in some ways. MUST FINISH COVER LETTER!

Got through Monday on 17 cigarettes, Tuesday 17, Wendesday 16. Today I am going for 15 and I have 4 left. It is 10:30. Guess I will have to go to sleep by 1!

I DID IT!!! I jogged a full mile in 11:21. I did it on the treadmill. I have heard (but don't believe) that it is easier to run on the treadmill than on the road. Does anyone have 2 cents about this? Anyway - it was tough enough and I did it! Yeay.:strong:

I made the crab dough into "crab brownies" (i.e., baked in brownie pan - I am sure these pans have another name, but to me they will always be brownie pans:D ). They came out pretty good but a little bland. If you make them, you may want to use more seasoning. I put cocktail sauce on mine. Yummy.

Another recipe for ya:

Preheat oven to 350. Get out 4 eggs worth of egg beaters (they may have to be kind of old, I don't know). Beat those suckers for about 1/2 hour. When they are still not stiff, read egg beater box and see that they are not recommended for meringues. DO NOT BE DETERRED BY THIS WARNING! Go on ahead and add 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 t vanilla and 1/2 t salt. Mix well. "Fold" in 1 c chocolate chips (although folding into liquid is not as easy as it might sound). Look at batter, look at spoon, look at cookie sheet, look back at batter. Put spoon and cookie sheet away and pour into brownie pan. Turn oven off as if you were making meringue cookies. Come back in several hours and cut through thin brown crust on top. You will likely notice that you now have a layer of "meringue", a layer of melted chocolate chips, and a layer of some type of raw egg mixture. Do not be deterred! Turn oven back and cook until edges burn. Remove from oven. Make holes at all corners and pour off remaining raw egg. Eat from pan with spoon - strange but oddly good!

Unfortunately, I do not think this is a low-point snack. (Plus, it is such a perfect mixture of sweet, salty and chocolate, I can not walk by the pan without taking a bite!)

Nanci: :lol: I was wondering how you cut down so quickly! Right now, I am doing ok with my "cutting down" system, but I think that I will always need at LEAST 5: 1 on the way to work, 1 at lunch, 1 on the way home, 1 after dinner, 1 before bed. We'll see... Maybe we could go to betty ford together? What kind of dance classes? Sounds fun.

Karen: Keep up the good work with the food! Best of luck on JAVA. The only thing I know about it is that I know NOTHING about it!

Pryia: You are doing great. Hope you guys had fun today - I went to work with my daddy too:D

Tech: LOL - did you have to trade pictures afterward? Put them all up front and rate them for artistic tallent? Great job maintaining - Gardening IS exercise! I am not sure if it is just my cooking or clam cakes in general, but if given the choice, I would stick to crab cakes! GL with the kitchen.

RR: Enjoy the redwings. Will keep SD2 in my thoughts.

Lyssa: Gald AF is backing down - GREAT JOB on the exercise - I was cracking up reading your crab cake analysis - very informative. I am not a coffee fan. I would not say that coffee is a "drug", nor do I necessarily have a lot of problem with some "drugs", but I will say that I know a lot of coffee drinkers who demonstrate addictive behaviors. Hide that stuff on the family vacation, it is just like being right back on the adolescent detox unit (as an employee, of course).

Rabbit: Enjoy the new clothes! Hope WI is not to bad - good for you for going.

Backfor 2002
04-26-2002, 12:49 AM
Happy Friday eve! I am so excited that tomorrow is Friday.

I have to be quick here so HELLO to everyone. It sounds like everyone is doing well.

We just got back from WW. I lost a whopping 4.6lbs that puts me at a total of 27.something. DH was down another 1.4 for a total of 36.2lbs. I was very excited to see that loss after last weeks gain.

Rabbit, Yeah on the new clothes that is always fun.

Bailey, You just crack me up. Your posts are so funny. (your treat sounds icky)
I think running on the track is harder than the treadmill, except that my treadmill starts slipping if it gets going too fast and I'm always nervous that I am going to slip and break a tooth.
Part of the reason that I have been able to cut back is that I am not smoking in my car. I got a new car awhile back and it is a two door for some reason the ashes go straight in the back seat. I just decided it wasn't worth smoking in it.

Ok I really really need to go right now. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon. The girls and I are heading away for the weekend. Should be a good time. We have all sorts of jewerly making supplies, magazines and general girly stuff to do.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend. I will check in sunday PM so I want to have lots to read when I get back. :-)

PS Did I already say that I am so excited tomorrow is Friday?!

lyssalou
04-26-2002, 11:59 AM
Just a short reply, I will reply per my usual after I exercise this afternoon.

Bailey - I need help, I am supposed to take care of my kids today, but I can't seem to stop myself from ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING!!! DD#1 thinks I am going crazy, because I can't stop laughing, so I read it to her, and now she is on the floor with me. Home school will have to be cancelled for the day, I hope the little two can figure out how to take care of them selves, because it will be difficult for me to do from the floor. Needless to say, I won't be trying your sweet treat for anything other than a comic relief.

Actually, I did the same thing with the egg whites. At Passover, I was trying to make an unleavened cake and tried to use pre-packaged egg whites. However, since it was for our Seder meal, I threw it out and had dh go buy a dozen eggs, and make the cake from real egg whites. Maybe that is what you should try next time. :lol:

elisa822
04-26-2002, 12:39 PM
Hi Everyone - just popping in for a quick hi!

Bailey - gross on your snack idea. I prefer to just take a box of Betty Crocker low fat brownie mix, pour some in bowl, add just enough water to make a paste and enjoy!! no baking required and delicious! And yes, running outside is much harder believe it or not. I was running on the treadmill for quite some time a couple of years ago and then spring came and I decided to hit the pavement and wow! What a difference, at least for me. I think part of it is how hard the pavement is compared to the treadmill, but my legs killed the next day. And for me also I think I ran faster without realizing it since the treadmill really sets the pace for you. But since you've been running some outside maybe you're better at pacing yourself. I still certainly wouldn't discount your treadmill accomplishment! How'd you do on the cigarettes??

Lyssa - I agree about the eggwhites, it's weird. We buy the prepackaged eggwhites too because I hate to throw away the yolks and it's so convenient. They're great for replacing in recipes or making omlettes (I usually use 2 whole eggs and once container of whites for my husband and I and it's really good and low points) but when I've tried to whip them for making meringues or a torte (like you tried) it doesn't work as well. Don't know why! Strange.

Rabbit - nice to see you back! :)

Nanci - WOW on the loss!!!!

Elisa

Rabbit
04-26-2002, 01:41 PM
Hi all.

I had a gain last night which I expected, but I was still a little bummed. I didn't do too bad while I was gone & actually did great the last 3 days & have been doing good since returning home. Other things must have caught up with me. So I will believe that these good times will catch up with me too!:) Unfortunately I'll have to miss next week's weigh in (leaving that day) but will not use that as a license to eat.

Bailye - :lol: on your first line! ~ Hooray for your one mile time!

Nanci - oh my on the loss - you are awesome girl!:D ~ Have a fun time with the girls!

Hooray to all you runners! I have tried it (a little) and it is hard! I did some running on the treadmill - it made me nervous, I did not get comfortable. May try it again sometime.

Elisa - I like those prepackaged egg whites too. They are easy to use & you're not throwing anything away. I use them in omelettes also & pancakes.

have a great day!

Rabbit
OP since 4/22/02

lizzard_h
04-26-2002, 03:34 PM
Hi to everyone!!

KarenK, Tripper is totally adorable!! I love that picture.

Jul, wow on your trip. Looks like you covered a lot of ground. You're probably glad to get home so you can relax. Glad you had fun but sorry you had strep while at Mickeyís. I guess you werenít singing along to ďItís a Small WorldÖĒ

Tech, have you rode the Millenium at Cedar Point?? Iím in love with that ride. Drawing pics of naked self sounds like a strange technique. How graphic were you supposed to get?? Thatís too funny!!

Lys, thanks for the alcohol breakdown. Iím with Bailey though Ė 3.5 oz of wine?? How much in the whole bottle?? I canít really help you with your AF questions. Some months for me are heavy while others are light. I donít know what causes it.

Bailey, looking for crack?? Hire a plumber! When you get a pic of your puppy I want to see you holding him like KarenK was holding Tripper. Your poor clam story was too funny. How did you end up chopping them up? Those are some slippery suckers. My MIL uses kitchen scissors to cut up oysters when she cooks with them but I would think clams are tougher. Your egg concoction sounds about as good as cold green beans for snacks. You have a strange taste in food. By the way, a big congrats for going the whole mile!! :D

Lauren, glad you interview went so good. 45-50K for an Exec Asst?? How do I get one of those jobs?? I hate dressing up for work. I work in a warehouse where I can wear jeans and teeís and I love it. Every once in awhile Iíll put a dress on and freak everyone out.

RR, Ick on the lice. Hope you didnít have to deal with that. Sorry to hear about #2. When I had that terrible problem with canker sores all over the inside of my mouth my MIL (who was a nurse) suggested rinsing my mouth with 1 Tblsp cherry flavored childrens liquid benedryl and 1 Tblsp of cherry Maalox. Mix it together and swoosh around your mouth for as long as you can. It totally helped with my pain and the healing process (tasted good too). Just a suggestionÖ

Nanci, how was the dancing?? That sounds like a lot of fun. Iíve been trying to get DH to take a dancing class with me so we could learn how to do the fancy stuff. I think that is so romantic. Heís not going for it though. Wow!! On the weight loss. You are doing amazing!! Iíd kill to get a 4.6 lb loss but thatíll never happen. I have to be happy with my Ĺ lb loss.

Rabbit, where are you going in FL?? Be prepared, itís hot here!!

BFB, you still out there?? You didn't O.D. on Haagan Daz did you?

Have a great weekend!!

lyssalou
04-26-2002, 04:55 PM
Ok, now for my real post!!!

Well, just finished day 4 of exercise. I am learning more exercises as I go, and figuring out how to get the burn I want by changing technique. Wished I had the money to hire a personal trainer to make sure what I am doing is a) working my muscles the way I want it to, and b) not injuring me. I don't think it is hurting, because I am not experiencing any pain beyond what is normal for working muscles.

Here is what I learned today: if you want to tone your tummy, be sure to tuck it in while you exercise. That caused quite a bit of burn in the tummy muscles; it felt good.

I have made my "fat free" pie crust; haven't eaten it yet, will do that tonight for dinner. It looks beautiful, but we shall see how it tastes. Dietsite.com says 180 calories per 1/8 slice, and one gram of fat - from the apples. Who would have thought apples would add fat. I guess I could cut it into 12 slices instead, then we could eat it for two days instead of only one. I think I will serve a low calorie dinner tonight (Baked fish, vegetable, salad). I will tell you the recipe when I find out if it is good enough to take up the space it will take to post it.

Liz - 1/2 is better than the 0 lb. loss I had for the past month. But it is all part of the game of loosing weight. I just hope the difficulty of loosing weight will convince us never to regain it once it is gone. NOTHING tastes as good as skinny feels. (Can't wait to see if that is really true!)

Rabbit - I think you are right, good eating carma will catch up with you for sure. I am glad you joined us on "Just do it". Mountain Dew has always seemed too sweet. That is wierd, because I don't think it is actually any sweeter than the rest. But then again, I am wierd.

Elisa - They package egg whites especially for making meringues. I have some in my frige now, but I haven't tried to use them yet. I guess I should before they go bad!!!

Nanci - You are the hot one now!!! Way to go on that loss. WHOO HOO!!! Hope your weekend is great!!!

Bailey - You are not allowed to put yourself down. You don't suck at anything!!! You are a great person who needs to write her cover letter. Throw those cigs away, they aren't helping you run that marathon. (I can't talk, I've never been there, so I don't know what it's like to have to quit. But I do hope you find a way to be successful!) I am so proud of you for running that mile. Keep it up, and you will win that marathon. Will not say anymore about your recipe. Don't hide my coffee, if you want to live!(How's that for addictive behavior?)

RoadRunner
04-26-2002, 06:41 PM
Liz--that is the exact thing the MD said except for her little body, it is 3/4tsp benadryl to 3/4tsp Maalox...It works miracles..she doesnt swish it though, just swallows it..She holds it in her mouth for a while until I pinch her nose and she swallows it to breathe...:devil: She has Down's soo doesnt cooperate too much with anything!!!!We are on day 6 and she is eating pudding and yogurt but the high fevers are still there...Hopefully she will turn around soon!!!!!!

Bailey--Treadmill, definately easier than the road...I will tell U that the road is easier than the sidewalk..U will get shinsplints if U dont adjust the road running slowly....Stick with the treadmill to build up!!!Hey..after Dec I may get back into it and run the Marathon with U..

Nancy--Congrats on the loss!!!!

Well..off to check on my little one!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Vicki

Tech--How about them Redwings last night!!!!!!

KarenK
04-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Hi guys. Well, it looks like I won't be around much on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The teacher won't let us browse the net during class. I don't know why he cares, but it limits my 'puter time!!

Anyhow, was OP yesterday. Yippee. Day 18 was acheived. Day 19 may have trouble though. :( We are going to a friends house and he's going to order pizza. My absolute weakness. I have a game plan of bringing a salad, but will I be able to make it? I dunno. I've been so hungry the last few days that I will have a hard time.

Liz: Thanks!! Tripper is delightful when he is being good. :s: I can barely hold him like that now. Certainly not for long enough to have his picture taken. When we first got him he was 4 months old and only weighed 30 pounds. He was VERY sick and he would lay in my lap with his head on my shoulder. I was kinda sad when he got well and wouldn't do it anymore.:lol:

Rabbit: I bet you have a big loss next week. Sometimes it catches up with you like that. That will be a nice surprise.

Lyssa: Thanks for the encouraging words. So far so good(of course it's only been 2 classes) They combined our two classes last night so there goes my option of transferring to the other class.

Lauren: Good luck on the job!! Hope they offer you enough $.

RR: Hope that the little one is better soon!!

OK, gotta go find out about a salad!! Have a good evening all.

Rabbit
04-26-2002, 08:31 PM
Checking in again!

Liz - I will be in the Ft. Lauderdale area. SD is graduating from Florida Atlantic University in Boca. I'm sure the heat will be surprising!

Lyssa - Hooray for 4 days of exercise! I would love to have a personal trainer also, but I really don't think the girl at my club would be of much use. Oh well. I read & learn & hope to do things right. ~ Definitely let us know about the pie crust!

RR - Poor little one.:(

Karen - WooHoo on day 18 OP! Good luck with the pizza - you can do it!!!

Later all.

Rabbit :D
OP since 4/22/02

BaileySG
04-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Ugh to work - no details this time, but #$%# AND $^&#* TO THOSE #%^$%#$@'$!!!:D :devil:

Also, what is UP with the stock market??? Don't the powers that be in our financial world know I would like to buy a house???

Oh well, as you can see, I am a regular ball of sunshine today. AF should be rearing her ugly head any minute. Absolutely, positively in no way did I want to run today - but I did it anyway. Could not jog the whole mile straight, but look out next week! Glad I went - it actually improved my mood:eek: Thanks for all the support on this and the smoking thing.

Seriously, no joke, the "mystery meringue loaf" was VERY good, odd, but good. Sat down after work and chiseled the last tidbits off the sides of the pan. :lol: Am thinking about making it again.

WI tomorrow. Was up a pound or two for several days there, but it was gone this am. Keep your fingers crossed for a maintain for Bailey!

Nanci: WOW - 4.6 Great Job! Quick Question - how do you drive a car without smoking? I would crash. Seriously, since I used to always have one when I was leaving my parents, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to drive without a butt. Sad.

Lyssa: Trust me, they were good. Stop giggling and make some, your family will love you for it. Great job on the exercise - I am planning to get my father a personal trainer for Father's day. Am going to see if I can sneak a little time in for myslef at a reduced rate. And thank you, mom, I will love myself, write my cover letter and quit smoking. Just remind me to head for the hills next time I hide the coffee.:D

Elisa: Yum - browine treat sounds good - how many points? Cigarettes are going well. Thanks for asking. 17 mon and tues, 16 wendes, 15 thurs. Planned 15 for today and have 8 left, but am planning on having a little wine tonight, so I may not make it. For now, I am happy if I can do well when NOT drinking.

Rabbit: Sorry about the gain, but all of your goodness will catch up - just stay focused. Enjoy the graduation.

Liz: I am not sure about the points for 1 bottle of wine, but I am fairly sure 2 bottles = 0. There are a few reasons for this: 1) most likely, you will not be able to keep it down and 2) If you DO manage to keep it down, you will certainly be in no condition to journal it! Just a thought - we would not want drinking to derail our plans! LOL - no I really don't want either kind of crack thank you... Will have to try the scissor method on the clams next time. Wound up actually pouring the milk over them and then throwing the whole mess in the blender. Yummy shake! (Note: this last thought might help considerably if you are trying to get "rid" of that 2nd bottle of wine).

RR: Oh, I can just imagine you with the medicine and SD2! Sounds to me like she IS cooperating - you could, at this point, be the proud owner of a PINK speckeled wardrobe! Will be on the track waiting for you come the new year.

Karen: Sorry you kids lost your internet privledges. Congrats on the marathon op stint. Best of luck with the pizza.

Take care all.

BigPhatBooty
04-27-2002, 12:42 PM
So many posts to catch up with :rolleyes: AF has finally left after 13 :eek: days, I almost feel human again. Just about managed my inline skating lesson with hubby and I think I only fell over twice this week - stood up straight to relieve AF associated back pain and fell @rse over t*t :lol: What's even worse is that I have so much accumulated padding on my butt that it didn't even hurt :lol:

Rabbit
04-27-2002, 01:34 PM
hi!

I'm home & dh is gone - can you tell? I'm posting all the time - twice yesterday!

Had another day op! Actually only had 22 pts for like the last 3 days - what is up with that?? Hmm. dh has been gone all that time. Interesting.

Bailey - Sorry that work sucks. ~ Oh no on the stock market! I haven't checked it for a few days anyway. ~ Hooray for running even when you absolutely positively did not feel like it. ~ Good luck at your weigh in. ~ I was always a big smoker when I was driving also, practically chain smoked. My sis is like Nanci, she quit smoking in her car - I don't know how she does it. ~ :lol: :lol: on the wine points.

BPB - glad to hear AF is finally giving you some peace!

have a great weekend.

Rabbit
OP since 4/22/02 :D

lyssalou
04-27-2002, 08:27 PM
The pie crust is a failure at this point. However, I am not giving up. I like to experiment with creating healthy alternatives to otherwise bad for you foods. If and when I find the answer, I will tell you.

I am frustrated with the weight loss at this point. I am still staying on my plan, and I have included exercise. I guess I am on a plateau. Is that normal? I have no intention of getting off of my plan. I want this weight of once and for all. I recently "chatted" with one of my high school boyfriends, and having to admit how much weight I had gained was painful. Not that I care what he thinks, he wasn't one of my better memories!!! BUT realizing how far I let myself go was more than I could bare. I do not wish to risk my health, but I don't wish to go back to eating the way I was before.

Rabbit - Interesting about you being op while dh is away, I would think it would be the other way around.

BPB - Nice to hear from you. 13 days, yikes; I can barely handle my 8 to 10 days, I think the extra days would send me over the edge. Sounds like you are doing well with the inline skating, and talk about good exercise. Have fun!!!

Bailey - Sorry your job isn't going well. Maybe things will change soon. I might try the meringue cookies, but with egg whites that will actually turn into meringue. I agree with you on your second bottle of wine theory, but I would add an extra reason... 3) You would be too drunk to care about those points!! :lol:

Karen - Sounds like you got a teacher who thinks he is a high school teacher instead of a college professor. It is your business what you do while you are in class, and it is your responsibility to keep up with your own education. Dh has had a few profs. like that too. Good luck in your class.

RR - I hope SD#2 is better, and that she has turned that corner. I agree with Bailey, she is cooperating enough to drink it down instead of spit it out on your clothes.

Well, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Pryia
04-27-2002, 08:31 PM
hello everyone!! I am bored. I could go clean my bathroon, but then what would I do tomorrow?! It is cold and rainy here. All day long. I did go to the Grocery store. To get fries and buns for our burgers. Plus a few other things I picked up.

Sorry I am so boring!!! Road- I hope she feels better soon. Poor girl!!

Rabbit- Well what kind of new clothes did you get

lyssalou
04-28-2002, 12:42 AM
Pryia - You are not boring! You are a blast and a half!!! No one should be allowed to put themselves down around here. That is how a lot of us got ourselves into the trouble we are in!!! We need to all work on having faith in ourselves, and that includes you!!! LOL ;)

KarenK
04-28-2002, 02:02 AM
Hi all! Well, the pizza night turned out to be tonight instead of last night. I did OK until the FF Oreos came out. I overdid it on them. I mean, REALLY overdid it. This is the first time I am overpoints with no bank to count on :(. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day!!

We spent hours today working in the yard. We got the yard looking pretty good. It's a good thing too cause it's raining now and supposed to rain all day tomorrow. :dizzy: Now I am in the mood to plant flowers. I will have to go check out Loews and see what seems good. I don't know how much I want to do 'cause Tripper is still very destructive. I've been telling him off all day when he was walking in the flower beds and by the end of the day he was doing better.

Guess I am going to bed now. Have a good tomorrow!!