Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/185/160

Height: 5'6

Default I found my trigger!

So I've been doing a journal of my food for the last few weeks and I think I've found my trigger. It's my moms house! Everytime I am there, I eat and eat and eat. She always has such good stuff (chips, ice cream, and tons of chocolate). I do great all week because I dont buy junk to keep in the house, but as soon as i get to my mom's house all my hard work goes down the toilet.

I dont blame my mom for buying and making all those good foods because I know I am responsible for what I eat, but I dont know how to control it.

How do I avoid eating all the bad foods when they are everywhere and everyone else is eating it.
TL0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #2  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

i know what you are talking about. it's so hard in any social situation to contain myself food wise. But i've found that even though it SUCKS if you FORCE yourself to not eat anything. Not even a litle bite ( that's the worse thing to do in my opinion) you will be so proud of yourself when its over and relaize.. hey.. maybe i didn't NEED that stuff after all. It takes practise and soon.. well for me.. it becomes like a game.. no chcoolate and im proud of myself!

just try.. force yourself through it.. or bring healthy snacks.. after a few times of succeeding.. it would be soo bad to pass that yummy stuff up!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/165/125

Height: 5' 1"

Can you ask her not to keep your favorites on hand? She might be doing it because she thinks it makes you happy. I'm sure she'd be glad to support you in losing weight.

What about eating before you go over & not being over there at mealtime? I know that is tough. With my mom, food is how she expresses love.
Verrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:37 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I don't think it has anything to do with the types of foods your mom supplies so I don't think asking her to hide them will help. I think it's probably something about memories or feelings associated with your mom's house. Do you have bad memories there? Do you feel more comforted there? Does it make you realize that you're more alone now? It's great you have figured out you're trigger, now you need to realize what is behind the trigger. Good luck!

Last edited by Spoz; 10-26-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/180/155

Height: 5'8"

I suppose this is the right thread to put this in, although it's not entirely related to the original post.

My trigger is stress and other negative emotions (except anger, I'm never hungry when I'm angry lol). I've had a rough day today, and all I wanna do is go eat everything in the house I can find. HELP!
Athendta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:58 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with the types of foods your mom supplies so I don't think asking her to hide them will help. I think it's probably something about memories or feelings associated with your mom's house. Do you have bad memories there? Do you feel more comforted there? Does it make you realize that you're more alone now? It's great you have figured out you're trigger, now you need to realize what is behind the trigger. Good luck!
This is what I was thinking too. I do this at my grandparents house, or I used to. First thing I wanted to do was rummage through the cabinets looking for snacks. Now I know it was affection and aknowlegment that I was looking for.

Good for you for making a connection there. Like Spoz said, now see if you can figure out what's behind it.
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I hear what you are saying about "moms house" stuff. My unhealthy eating patterns originated under my parents roof. They both have heart disease and diabetes and were alcoholics for years.

Now, as an adult, I take full responsibility for what goes in my mouth. I am not a 10-yr-old anymore and the choice is mine what goes in my body. As an adult, I must make responsible choices and having healthy eating habits is just a part of that. Sure, indulge now and again--but responsibly and with the knowledge you will take it from another part of your daily intake and exercise more to account for the imbalance.

By the way, the above sounds so somber and UNFUN. The truth is, it IS fun. You have the power and the confidence to push away from the table and you know it's worth it. Like another poster said, make it a game.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 10-31-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote