Weight Loss Support - Support,support ,support! 4wk challenge! Join Us!

Gennel
04-20-2002, 10:29 AM
This challenge is for anyone on any diet plan :)
I've been doing my own diet plan for the last 11 weeks or so. I have set small goals for every month. I find its the best way to reach your ultimate goals. I dont want to think about losing 70,60 or 50 lbs. So I have stuck with wanting to lose at least 7-9 lbs a month. So far it has worked! I have had up days anddown days just like everyone else I'm sure. I would like to start another 4 week challenge. My goal is to lose another 9 lbs by May20 th.
If anyone wants to join this challenge , PLEASE PM me or post it here. You dont have to give your current weight ,just how many pounds you'd like to try and lose by 4 weeks from now. If you want to post your weight then please do so :) Just send me a PM (personal message) each saturday and tell me your loss for the week, gain, or no weightloss. I will post goals for everyone and current losses for that week by Monday night. If you have diet tips that have worked for you then please post them here! If you had a horrible week/weekend PLEASE post it here.l IF you are feeling like you honestly feel you are better off quitting then PLEASE post it here. We've all been there and chances are you just might feel better after reading everyone else's daily struggles. I have had my up days where I'm thrilled and my down days where I want to run over my scale with my car! lol
I hit a mini plateau for the past few weeks. Nothing big but I was only losing 0.5 lbs or 1 lb at the most. I never cheated and exercised alot . But my body was just slowing down to live off the measly 1,200 calories a day I was feeding it! I tried something called Wendis Plan. Its not a diet. you simply eat high calorie one day and low calorie the next day. It fools your system and lets it know that you are not trying to starve it! Your body will do anything to hold on to every ounce of fat it has! Well after a full week of doing this I have lost another 3 lbs this week!
So as of Feb/2202 I have lost 28 pounds!
Remember please PM me your goal for the month :)
Have a great weekend!
Gen
start weight 194 lbs
Current 166 lbs
Goal 135-125

Turtle025
04-20-2002, 11:04 AM
Hey! I'd love to join the 4 week challenge and I'm going to make my goal 8 lbs. I figure if I shoot high, maybe I'll actually lose something around that number...

amybunz
04-20-2002, 01:26 PM
Hi Gen - I am ready for your new four week challenge. Great job on your success this week. Here are my stats:

start weight 247.2 lbs
Current 210.2 lbs
4 week challenge goal 201.2lbs.
Goal 170 lbs.

Good luck everyone!

amybunz

Gennel
04-20-2002, 06:41 PM
Ok so far there are 3 people that joined the challenge!Ladies I wont be far if you need me. I promise to do my best to Pm you within 24hrs when you PM me. Whatever the problem may be chances are that Ive been there!
Have a good weekend:

Start Goal Date 4/20/02

:strong: Gennel......Goal......9 lbs

:strong: Amybunz...Goal......9 lbs

:strong: Turtle025..Goal......8lbs

Sassycat
04-20-2002, 08:36 PM
Ok Gennel I PM'ed you but I am also going to post since everyone else did.

I am going to shoot for what did I say 8 lbs?

Together I think us girls can do anything!!!!!!:cool:

thinlizzie
04-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Hi all
Count me in on this 4 week challenge also!
I will try for an 8# loss. I did so well last month with Gennel on a challenge, that i will try for a higher # now. I made the 6 # loss with all the support and ideas on here!

OFF we go(with the pounds!):lol:
thinlizzie
166/136/120

grizzlyschick
04-21-2002, 08:01 AM
Hi Gennel I talked to you in the chatroom last night. I would like to set a goal of 7 pounds by May 20th. My start weight was 330 and am currently at 302 ( lost 1 pound since Friday). My eventual goal is for 165.:)

Gennel
04-21-2002, 09:46 AM
Ok , since a few more joined the challenge I will put the whole list so far. On your mark! ready! Set ! Go! :) If you find any errors ,please PM me and I will correct them asap. If you find that you need a push then PM me! I'll just say what my mom used to say" Because I know what's best for you and you have to do it that's why!" If weather and time permits today then go for a nice walk.

bye! Gen

Gennel......Goal....9 lbs....

Amybunz...Goal....9 lbs....

Turtle025...Goal...8 lbs....

Thinlizzie...Goal....8 lbs...

Sassycat...Goal....8 lbs...

Grizzly......Goal....7 lbs....

Duckie25
04-21-2002, 11:16 AM
Hey lady's

Would also like to join the challenge. I'm going to make my goal 9 lbs :cool:

Gennel
04-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Hi Duckie !
Just wanted to welcome you . You have got the right idea doing mini goals . We all have different goals some small some big. But we all will have a lifetime to maintain all our hard work. Today I went for my walk. I always see this pretty older lady walking there faithfully every morning. I heard her tell someone " Just keep walking, it will get easier. Ive been walking for years!" Today I asked just how many years has she been a "walker" she answered about 14 yrs! She does it to maintain. I think walking is one thing that I can stick to ,to keep my weight from creeping back up again once I lose it. Today I had another BBQ that we were invited to ! Ribs,t bone steak,chicken,burgers,sausages ..should I keep going? lol I had low cal breakfast and low cal lunch like 220 calories for the lunch cause I knew we were going out ! Well I didnt over eat today but Imsure I had more fat than usual. I found 2 of the smallest thighs(skinless) and about 3/4 cup of low cal potato salad I made . But I Tried two things ! One was like a 2 inch rib that I cut cause I was terrified to eat it lol. And the other thing is called a keish? Kenish? its small like a size of a quarter with like tsp filled with meat. Imsure that had some calories! Well thats it, no soda. I brought my own homemade lemonade sweetened with Splenda :)
Tomorrow will be a rough exercise day to try and burn some of these calories off! :)

Gen

( again Duckie welcome! )
Duckie25...Goal....9 lbs.....

Emaleyth
04-22-2002, 09:02 AM
:wave: Hi! I'm new to 3FC and would like to join the challenge!
I'm going to challenge myself to 6#. That'll be more than I've managed to lose in a month in forever!!!! I just need to get going and get motivated after winter seems to have invaded again! :mad:
Ok... so here are the stats (according to my scale, which I think is wrong, but it's to my advantage that it's wrong, so I think I may keep it around! :D )
start: 145
goal by MD: 139
Goal by October 23, 2002: 115 to start my 3 decade on the planet!

Erin

Duckie25
04-22-2002, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yesterday was pretty good on track day. Been snacking on banana chips instead of the regular potatoe chips, anybody know if banana chips are fattening.

It's finally warming up here and the snow's almost gone, I better knock on wood, we'll probably have another snow strom, I don't know if spring will ever come. Well it was nice enough to go for a nice walk, took my son along, he rode his bike, he's only 4 yrs old so it wasn't to hard to keep up with him. Walked about 2 miles, ( I think) it took 40 min, at a fast pace ( for me ). Last year at this time I would have died, my shin's use to kill me, walking down the block. It pays to lose even alittle weight, I feel more energetic and don't feel as tired lately.

Just by walking every other day I know I can lose 9 lbs by May 20, will have to keep it up.

:sheep:

Gennel
04-22-2002, 12:29 PM
Welcome Emaleyth!
Sure you can join the 4 week challenge! Six pounds is very doable in 4 weeks and healthy as well. I put you in the challenge ! You can do this. I've had my ups and downs but I'm still in this for life. This isnt a race ,even though sometimes I wish I would just reach my goal! I say it isnt a race because we will all have to keep eating right and do exercise on a regular basis to maintain. I like your scale too! Wish mine said that lol.

Wow look how many people joined the challenge!Remember you can email me : genierosado@earthlink.net
Or PM me here .I dont want anyone disappearing ,dont be scared now lol. I just want this to happen for everyone.Also remember this is something to work for , if we dont reach the exact goal we are still "LOSERS" and I mean that in the most positive way !!!
Ok here goes

:strong: Gennel...Goal...9 lbs

:strong: Amybunz..Goal..9 lbs

:strong: Turtle025 Goal... 8 lbs

:strong: Thinlizzie..Goal....8lbs

:strong: Sassycat..Goal...8 lbs

:strong: Grizzly.....Goal...7 lbs

:strong: Duckies...Goal... 9 lbs

:strong: Emaleyth..Goal...6 lb

spsalmist..Goal...5 lbs

dustcatcher.Goal...5 lbs

psalmist
04-22-2002, 12:48 PM
I love the 4wk challenge idea. I don't have lots of time to spend on this site, but know that I can keep up if I've got a 4 week window of opportunity and make a point of focusing on this thread. Hopefully public accountability and mini-goals will help me get going on winning this lifetime battle.

I'm going to be conservative (but realistic) and say I'll work to lose 5 lbs. in the next four weeks.

Gennel
04-22-2002, 06:32 PM
I just added you to the challenge! Sorry I Couldnt put the smiley face man lifting weights ! I tried but it wouldnt let me ! It said I had too many images in the post already . Oh well. Five pounds
is a good start. I lurked for a few weeks before I even said hi so Im glad you're here :wave:

If you have any questions please post them here or PM me. I'm no doctor or nutritionist but I've tried many fad diets . I read tons and tons on nutrition and exercise. The only thing I have found that all experts agree on is Walking! Walking well shed off the pounds. Not a 10 min walk though. Any walking is good for you but you will deffinately shed pounds walking at least 45 min a day/5 times a week. The first week is the hardest. My weight was almost identical to yours 194lbs. The weight does come off. When I was younger and dieted I seem to lose it super fast! Well that's no longer the case lol. I'm not over the hill yet at 32 yrs old but no teenager either ! I have found more inspiration that I know what to do with ,just by coming to post boards and reading and going to chat at nights. Last time I tried doing this on my own I didnt have the internet. Because of the internet and meeting so many others going through the exact same thing, I feel I can do this permanently. Will I gain a few pounds after I reach goal? I'm sure I will , at least 3-4 lbs. You wont weigh the same weight every day . I will just keep up my walking and maintain ,maintain ,maintain! Well I think I said enough for one post!

Gen
1/94/166/ 135?

Gennel
04-23-2002, 06:53 PM
Way to Go Sassy and Amy on your big losses this week!
OMG I am soooooooo proud of you two ladies!
Sassy lost 4 lbs! and Amy lost 3.8 lbs! I will post these on the next update no later than Tuesday night.

Keep it up! Today I went on a school fieldtrip and missed my walk this morning. So I am going now with my DH .

ttyl!
Gen

Emaleyth
04-24-2002, 10:24 AM
Good Wednesday morning ladies! It's a grey, icky, rainy, cold day here, so I'm debating my food world today :dizzy: ..... I did HMR for a few months (5 years ago) and went from 192 to 147. And through what I learned there, my maintance calories for 115 lbs would be 1265 cals a day. I've been doing pretty well staying under that for the last week (I didn't write what I ate and drank, so I'm not sure what I did, but I know I ate smaller portions and less snacks than I normally do), but I keep seeing that I should be eating 1800 a day. So, what do I believe? HMR is a medical plan and my metabolism never "slowed" when I was fasting with 520 cals a day, but then I read somewhere else that if I eat 1200 cals a day I'm "starving" myself. So..... what should I be eating? :?: And why is weight loss so much harder than putting weight on??? :shrug: It's just not fair!
Ok... I'm done whining now.... :)
How is everyone else's challenges going?
Erin

Gennel
04-24-2002, 12:57 PM
Like I mentioned before I'm no doctor :) I just checked out this HMR diet. Basically its a liquid diet. My personal opnion is that if Humans were intended to live off liquids we wouldnt have any teeth! The claims theirwebsite makes is that you lose 6-7 lbs a week. It is very possible to lose that amoint of weight. But almost every doctor says that the safest amount to lose is 1-3 lbs a week. IF you lose more than that then you are losing mostly muscle. Another thing is your body needs more than 520 calories a day just to perform its daily functions. Thats why 1,200 calories a day is the amount suggested. Its the fuel you're body needs at minimum. I dont know what you weigh at the moment but if its around 190lbs then eating 1,800 calories a day will just maintain that current weight. How did you physically feel when you were on the HMR diet? Did youfeel lots of energy? Or did you feel sluggish at times? Any headaches? dizzy? stomach pains ? These are all symptoms that you are starving. You could very well lose weight eating 1,400 calories a day. Just dont expect it to be 6 lbs a week. The only program that I have heard so many great things about is Weight Watchers. Because you do get to eat everything in moderation and still lose weight. You probably feel that it's so much easier to put on weight than it is to lose weight!
We all feel that way too :) You dont gain 100lbs overnight. One thing I have noticed is if you get on a strict diet where you are deprived from all your favorite foods,once you reach goal weight you go back and try to eat your favorite foods in moderation and start gaining weight again slowly. Because most of us just cant stop at one chip!lol Another thing you mentioned was your metabolism didnt slow down. Well when you are starving your body tries all it can to save you and it slows itself down. But if you are only takingin 520 calories a day every day there is no choice andyou will lose weight! But what sort of weight? Fat,Protein,Water or mostly Muscle? I lost a lot of weight yrs ago eating about 700 calories a day. Well I did get thin and I lost so much muscle that I could not keep the weight off with regular exercise. More muscle in your body means you are able to burn much much more fat. Dont be so hard on yourself. IF you lose 1 lb in a week it's still a loss. I have been hard on myself many times when I actually should be proud of myself for sticking to this and losing weight ! The only doctors that say 500 calories a day is fine are those doctors that work for these Companies like HMR diet. Ask your nutritionist to see what she tells you about what your body needs. Losing weight is hard, there is no shortcut. Ive looked ! Eat foods with fiber, fiber fills you for longer .I checked out a book called "Dr Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weightloss" IT gives many examples of foods. One 6-7 oz steak has 700 calories.
Think about it, on the next page it shows an entire meal like 1 whole chicken breast,med baked potato with fatfree sourcream,side salad and small dinner roll. All that might still have lower calories than that 1 piece of steak! Well I think this post is long enough! Get recipes from fellow dieters. There is always a new recipe at the Weightwatchers site.

take it one day at a time,
Gen
194/166/135?

Emaleyth
04-24-2002, 01:32 PM
Hey Gen :)
Actually, on HMR I didn't feel any of those things. I had lots of energy and did fine on it. And the only time I lost more than 2 lbs a week on it was my first week and most of that was water (they even tell you that will happen.) I do know that some people lose much more than that a week, but they are also like a friend of mine who lost 80 lbs in 14 weeks on it and are over 300lbs. I'm not sure of the website you saw, but I don't think it showed the "whole" program. They do teach you to eat the way your body needs to eat, it's just a matter of, for some people, getting out of the eating world, where you don't have an option of what to eat and what not to eat is what it takes to get going on weight loss. I know it did for me! And fasting (unless you are REALLY morbidly obese) is only for about 12 weeks. I cut mine short because I decided I was happy with 147 (and even lost weight in maintance down to 137) at the time. However, when you sign up for HMR (at least through the clinic I'm at), you have to go to the classes every week which teach you about calories (very similar to Dr Shapiro's approach... hmmm... Spend my cals on a cookie or 2 heads of cauliflower? I'm a quantity person! :lol: ), Physical activity (a minimum of 2000 cals week is what you are "required" to do), a formula for how much weight you lost vs how much body fat you actually lost (the 2 don't necessarily equal out each week) and then after fasting you have 18 months of maintence in which you meet with your group (and the dietician/nurse who teaches the class) and learn more fun stuff about food (I've heard it compared to WW often). That's why I was asking about the calories a day.... I learned a formula in HMR that to find out your maintence calories, you take your weight x 11. For me, I'm using my maintence calories for if I am 115 so that I'm dealing with that eating world vs the eating world of a 145 lb person when I get to 115. I'll already have "trained" myself. And believe me, I don't let myself not have something (Like the 4 thin mints I picked today instead of a half a bagel :D ). If I did that, I'd never lose!!! Now, don't get me wrong, it ain't for everybody, but it did work for me. But should I use the calories I learned from there or go with a higher calorie count? I wish it were as easy as when I used to be 115#! Unfortunately, 10 years and 2 kids later, I don't think eating that way would get me to 115 again! :T
Ok... Didn't mean to write a book here. LOL
I have a question about WW though (if anyone can answer it). When you find out your points for your weight, do they tell you what the approximate calorie value of those points would be? I asked a friend of mine this when she joined and she never found out (found out she was preggo the same day as her first meeting and couldn't be in it anymore).
Off to the mall to work off those thin mints! Now can I avoid the chinese place??? That's the real question! :eek:
E

Emaleyth
04-24-2002, 01:40 PM
I forgot to say this, Gen.... Nope, didn't gain weight overnight... closer to 9 months! :D I went from 110 lbs to 165 with my first pregnancy, didn't lose any, 3 years later gained 22 with a friend while she was pregnant, gained about 4 in a month before I went on HMR and then lost about 55. Then gained almost all of it back with my 2nd pregnancy! At least now, I'm back to where I started after HMR, so I know it can be done again, but I just wish I hadn't re-put on the weight I just lost before the holidays due to marital problems and depression. Unfortunately, I went from not being able to eat to eating everything and anything in sight! I'm working on the emotional eating problems I have, but it feels so much better to have cheesecake than sit and journal why I want to eat. I know, I know... in the long run it doesn't. :lol: But when I'm emotional, I feel like that little girl in Willy Wonka "I want it nooooooooow!" :lol:
E

Sassycat
04-24-2002, 01:50 PM
Hello gang!!! It turned out to be nice day here in PA, as soon as my son gets out of school we are going to the nursing home that my Mom is at they are having a tiger and a panther there for them to see. Taking the good ole camcorder with me you never know when you might get the million dollar tape. ;)

HMR I don't know much about it but from what I have read of your posts, it sounds like it is a fad diet. I am a die hard beliver of Weight Watchers, you learn to eat and exercise properly. Without any damage to your body. I did read where a guy who was 500lbs went on HMR and lost like 200 lbs. For him maybe that was the only solution. But now that he is down in weight I think he needs to learn to eat and exercise correctly. You can't stay on the HMR forever can you? And just like Phen fen (which I know all about) as soon as you stop on comes the weight cuz you never learned how to do it correctly.

Well I guess I have my 2 cents for what it is worth. Eatting and exercising right is the only way to a healthy lifestyle!!!!:D

dustcatcher
04-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Ok, I would like to join this challenge. I am so tired of being overweight. For me it seems so impossible to lose any weight, so I am going to start with a small goal. If I can lose 5 lbs, I will be thrilled!

Starting at 215

Dustcatcher

Sassycat
04-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Dustcatcher I see you are from PA what part? I am Northeastern region of PA.

And wanted to hello!!!:cool:

dustcatcher
04-24-2002, 11:05 PM
Sassycat, I live in Central PA-------near Harrisburg.
Where are you?

Sassycat
04-25-2002, 09:08 AM
I am in Berwick about an hour and half from Harrisburg. Of course I know you know where Berwick who in PA don't know the DAWGS!!! :lol: not me that is for sure I am not a football fan.

Have a Great Day everyone!!!

angel-eyes
04-25-2002, 02:46 PM
Hi Ladies. Hello Gennel and Sassycat, we;ve met before on another thread. I would love to join your group as I need to be re-committed to following plan and need the accountabilty. I also need some help and boy do I need it fast! I've been following ww's now for almost 12 wks and have only lost 10 lbs. Just lately I've not been following my pts plan and I know I've strayed from it. The help I need is "getting back on track"....I know what to do but need some motivation. On the weeks that I was following my plan and journalling.....I often showed a slow loss or no loss at all. My leader at my meetings kept suggesting.....1. cut out all legal sweets.....2. vary my foods more.....3. how's my water?...(anymore and I'd float away) and still it was a struggle to hit my 10 lb star. Do any of you have some suggestions for me? Today is another start to journalling and my weigh in is Saturday. I really would like to get to know you all, it seems most of the threads that I've joined have all peter-ed out. (don't you just hate that?) Thanks alot.

Gennel
04-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Oh man! I was writing you this HUGE post and I got booted!
I'm reading about your struggle and I can imagine how you feel. I cant complain even though I have complained when the most Ive lost in a week was 1 lb. But I have a 28.5 lb loss ,it will be 12 weeks this saturday. I read your post , one thing I didnt find was about the amount of exercise you do daily? I hate it , I mean I really hate it! But I owe more than 50% of my weightloss to walking 6 days a week. I started 35 min/45 min/ Now I do 60 min one day and 90 min the next! It sounds like a whole lot I know. But its 1 hour out ofmy day that I am determined to find time for.
I can guarantee you that if you add 30 min a day at least 5-6 days a week. You will probably notice at least a 2 lb loss next weigh in. Make yourself do this, push yourself, talk to yourself if you must! I have been out there on some mornings whenI just want to stay home and nap. Sometimes I'msluggish because its so damn hot outside,or drizzling. But Im there. When ever you need to talk please PM me or post here . Someone will surely answer asap. We are all here for the same reason. We are all on the same road to success! I want this so bad , I can smell it!
I was just so tired of wearing the huge t-shirt to cover up my big rear end and stomach. I hope you stay in touch.

Gen
194/166/135 ?

Sassycat
04-25-2002, 05:21 PM
Just wanted to take the time and say Hi Angel!

I shouldn't do too much complaining either I am on my 9th week of WW and I have lost 25 lbs. And yes like Gennel there were weeks I complained because I only lost 1 lb. I guess we shouldn't complain at least it was a loss. I had 3 weeks in row like that then this week I lost 4 so it will catch up to you. I think it just takes time to make it there.

Exercise yes I hate it too:( but I try and get my self moving as much as I can. I am not like Gennel I wish I were 90 mins. that is alot. I am up to 40 mins. now and I feel I can keep going, next week the weather is suppose to get nice again so maybe I will try to do 60 mins.

Well I will catch you all later. Remember to drink your WATER!!!!!

Gennel
04-25-2002, 05:44 PM
I have walked on a treadmill I had, and never wanted to walk outside. The most I could do on a treadmill was 40-45 min and that was really pushing myself. I cant explain the difference with walking outside. I just walk more outside than Iwould if I was on a treadmill. I see the people, pets and ducks.... I plan out my day while I'm walking.I know I must be walking a lot because my family says I do! lol MY husband walks with me sometimes. I wish he would walk with me more often but Iwalk in the mornings.
When I walk with him time flies! We chat about the day,talk about our kids and its just more fun! I am pushing the "drink your water ! " I am pushing myself to drink 8 glasses of water a day. I have a 32 oz bottle that I fill and I drink it all and then refill. I know once the second bottle is done ,then Im done! The first 4 glasses of water I must admit I really want. But the rest I force myself to drink it. Idrank 8 glasses yesterday and then Hubby wanted to do Tae Bo , I only do the aerobic part which is like 25 min. Well I drank another 2 glasses of water after that! I almost gagged on it! lol

Gen
194/166/135 ?

Gennel
04-26-2002, 11:16 AM
Well after driving myself everyday 2 miles to a park so I can do my walking . I decided today that I would walk to the park(2miles) and then walk right back another (2miles) . I got there and walked in the park for only about 11 min, then headed back home . I didnt want to check the pedometer until I got home! I got to my front door and looked down ...my pedometer read 5.29 miles! I came back alive and well,gulped down a 16 oz glass of water,had my sugarfree jello topped with FF whipcream. The only complain I have is the SUN! I have more shade at the park . I came back with a tan too! lol . My legs are tan down to where my socks are so now from my ankles down its super white! wahhhhh lol .
I'm usually in chat by 8 pm but tonight I think I might not be able to be here. A father of a friend of ours died this week and tonight we're going to the funeral home :( . This was a total shock to us because we met this man about 2 yrs ago! He looked great and was very active. First his liver, then lung cancer? He went from 12 months to live, down to 3 months ...well he didnt survive over a week :(
Ladies please PM me tomorrow with your losses for the week. If you already had a specific weigh in day (sunday or monday ) Please PM me as soon as you weigh in! Iwill post losses as they come in.

ttyl,
Gen
194/166/135?

grizzlyschick
04-26-2002, 12:21 PM
:) Hi Gennel~ I lost 3 pounds this week. I had thought I'd lose a little more just because the first 28 came off so fast but I guess it had to slow down sometime. I'm getting better at exercising. Gosh 5 miles~ I couldn't even dream of doing that yet!:dizzy: You've inspired me to work harder at my exercising tonight. Take care.

Gennel
04-26-2002, 03:16 PM
Well you did wonderful! Three pounds in a week is great girl! Give yourself a big pat on the back! I did my walk today and actually I felt better when I got home then when I ride home? Very strange! lol It's a true compliment to be mentioned as a motivator. I know you guys will be here to motivate me when I need it too! Well everybody make this week coming up , a good one :) Everyone seems to be doing well.

ttyl,Gen :wave:

grizzlyschick
04-26-2002, 06:27 PM
:) Hi Gennel,
I sent you a PM. I'm new to this so let me know if you got it. It didn't show that I sent one. If not I'll rewrite it. Thanks!;)

grizzlyschick
04-27-2002, 08:00 AM
Hi everyone~ I've noticed that the last couple days eventhough my weight is staying steady that I am losing inches. I do my measurements on the same day as my weight. Does this mean that I'm gaining muscle? I've been doing resistance work and I lift a lot at work so I'm questioning losing inches and hoping it means muscle gain. I don't want to get discouraged by the scale staying at the same weight so if anyone knows the answer please let me know.:^: Thanks.

Gennel
04-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Ok!
We have a lot of losers this week! :) I still need weigh in updates for a few of you. As soon as you PM me I will add it to this update.Please let me know if there are any errors so I can correct them ASAP.

Gennel...Goal...9 lbs...lost 2 lbs

Amybunz..Goal..9 lbs...lost 3.8 lbs

Turtle025 Goal... 8 lbs..N/A

Thinlizzie..Goal....8lbs..lost 3 lbs

Sassycat..Goal...8 lbs..lost 4 lbs

Grizzly.....Goal...7 lbs...lost 3lbs

Duckies...Goal... 9 lbs..N/A

Emaleyth..Goal...6 lb..lost 1.5 lbs

spsalmist..Goal...5 lbs..N/A

Mscoconut..Goal..8lbs..lost 1.5 lbs

dustcatcher.Goal...5 lbs..N/A

Angel-eyes ..Goal..6 lbs..3.2 lbs

angel-eyes
04-27-2002, 05:01 PM
Hi Ladies. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I lost 3.2 lbs!!! I had no idea of what to expect from my weighin and frankly, after the few weeks of non-journalling and missing 2 out of 3 meetings....I was very unsure of myself. I must of been guessing my pts around my range but only started "back on track" since Wednesday journalling again. I can not tell you how much I appreciated everyones ideas and support. It probably won't be the last time either, but it sure came at a time when I really needed it. Thank you!

Gennel
04-27-2002, 05:11 PM
You did great this week~ !!!!!!!!!!!
Keep it up!

Gen

Turtle025
04-27-2002, 09:39 PM
Hey everyone. Anyone who's been watching the little numbers underneath my name has probably noticed that my weight went UP this week! :P I went completely off track, ate the world, and gained a LOT. So...I am unhappy to report a weight loss of -8 lbs. But I got myself together today and I joined a gym! Sooo, hopefully next week I will have something much more positive to tell you. And I'm keeping my goal at 8 lbs, now trying to get back to 180 instead of trying to reach 172. I know I probably won't lose 8 lbs in 3 weeks, but I figure if I make that my goal maybe I'll really lose like 5. I think I tend to do best when I aim really high.

Gennel
04-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Just popped in and read your post :( sorry about your gain. But I am super glad that you didnt let this totally get youdown! Joining the gym was a big step and I'm sure you will see a loss soon!ttyl,

Gen

194/164/135?

sweetpea0407
04-28-2002, 06:07 PM
hello everyone,

Well i guess my goal would probably about 5lbs....Gennel thanx for your e-mail. that pedometer has done wonders for me. congradulations on your weight loss... keep up the good work every one. Well take care everyone and good luck.

start weight 143
current 135
goal 125 - 130

Emaleyth
04-29-2002, 12:44 PM
:( Ok.... I am in desperate need of motivation! I couldn't fit into the size pants I wanted to buy for the weekend and my only jeans without a hole in the knee are feelin' mighty tight. I was bad at eating this past weekend (and drinking.... celebrated my little sister's 21st B-day) and I'm feeling it today. UGH!!!! A friend and I are going to take our 4 kids for a walk today (her 3 and my youngest) and there are HUGE hills in the walk, so that'll be something, but I just need to get going. How can I get the "switch to flip" and just be motivated? :?: It's soooo frustrating!!! I'm looking at the calender and I have 5 weeks until a wedding that I want to look good for (my outfit needs a bit less tummy/butt on me and shaplier arms) and 6 months until my birthday. Why does the calender not even motivate me? I just look at it and think "well, I'm not going to get there anyway, so I can stuff my face today...." :shrug:
I'm going to go get dressed for this walk and hopefully I'll get motivated to do my yoga abs tape when we get back.
Thanks for listening ot me whine, ladies!

E

Gennel
04-29-2002, 05:14 PM
I wish there was some real motivation sprinkle dust I could drop over you . All I can say I know how you feel . The NIKE commercial is my new Motto" Just Do it!" It seems harsh, unrealistic even. But its true. You have that wedding to go to in a few months? And your birthday is coming up? LEt me tell you something that happened to me. last year around July I got a call from my sister inlaws telling me they were coming for Christmas! I had gained a lot of weight since I saw them last. Well I figured I had at least 5 months to do something about it. Well the weeks passed and I kept thinking I will start " Monday" Well I started monday and by thursday I had screwed it up with chicken wings or pina coladas!
I can still remember when it was like 7 days before they were to arrive and I was panicked trying to lose 40 lbs in 7 days lol. I didnt lose a single pound.You might think I'm trying to make you feel more down! But I'm not trust me. The point is I wanted to lose this weight so bad because I was embaressed of what some people would think when they saw me with more weight on. I really wanted this so bad but I was doing it all for the wrong reasons. This is something that you have to find from deep within inside. The fact that you are here tells me you really want to do something, the fact that you are going for a walk today tells me that too. Stuffing our face sometimes is so hard to explain.
All I can say is this, if I saw my 10 yr old doing this I would be concerned for her wellbeing. You should be as concerned for your well being as you would be with you baby. Keep your head up and dont give up. Food has been such a huge part of my life and it shouldnt be that way. I am slowly letting my brain know that food is "fuel" . To me food was "fun" "enternaining" "love" , food was everything except fuel for my body. I was'nt drinking anywhere near 8 glasses of water a day! I remember drinking 1-2 glasses of water a day at most!!! I never ever walked anywhere. Remind yourself that quitting is worse than "hanging on" Sometimes stoping seems like the best option. But its not. That horrible feeling that comes after we fall off the wagon is awful. You will feel better about yourself even if you fall , pick yourself up.
Well I hope all this makes sense somehow .

ttfn,
Gen

dustcatcher
04-30-2002, 08:37 AM
Good morning. Sorry I did not post my weigh-in sooner. Unfortunately I have not lost any lbs this past week. I am still 215. I will try harder.
Good luck to the rest of you.

Dustcatcher

Emaleyth
04-30-2002, 12:45 PM
Thank you Gennel for your post yesterday! It actually brought me to tears! I think I'm a bit stressed right now! LOL I had a bad eating day yesterday... never got to the walk (my son has a tummy bug, so my friend decided not to go with me), went to Target and walked there for about an hour (I told myself that at least I wasn't on my butt at home) and got some "healthy" things for me. Today I am going to walk after dinner when my hubby is home with Keegan. I need to stop making excuses and just do it! I really don't want to be doing the "I need to lose 10lbs in one week" frantic-grumpy-self defeating mind set the week before the weddings.... I have one month from tomorrow until the first wedding, I can do this and I will!!! :strong:
Thanks for being here for me ladies!
Erin

angel-eyes
04-30-2002, 05:24 PM
Hi Gennel. Just thought I'd comment on your excellent post. Your words hit a spot with me too and not just for Emaleyth! I'm having a good day food wise, but I'm not feeling to good; think I have some stomach bug. I need to "get moving" as well.....thanks for the motivation!!

Gennel
04-30-2002, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the posts and PM's . I spoke from my heart and hoped to express my feelings as clear as possible. Weight issues are so difficult to deal with sometimes. It may appear like a million things are keeping us from reaching our goals. Not feeling motivated is the #1 Reason I've heard for not exercising or eating right. But the only one thing that holds us back is " Us" I know personally when I first started my long walks I would think about it the day before ,I was either running late or had some important errand to do. Well I never got around to that walk. Thinking about it now makes me want to cry. The "weight scars" that I have caused myself will always be with me . So whenever I wear a cute tank top and look at my inner arms I will see those stretch marks.That's a permanent reminder of what I did to myself. There was no reason for me to do create that from happening.I'm going out more now, I dont think of excuses why I shouldnt go to a party,excuses to go to a BBQ , or beach. The inner real me is coming out , and now I can breath fresh air. I can enjoy the BBQ, or movies or just going out with the family. I cant find the words to describe this feeling . This will sound cliche but " I'm truly happy now and proud of myself" Dont think about doing something tomorrow,dont think that tomorrow you will eat healthier. Make your very next meal a healthy choice. Even if you screwed up breakfast,snacks,lunch . Make a healthy dinner.Like they say" NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS" Well here I go writing a book again! lol
We all have the strength to do anything we set our minds to.
ttyl,
Gen

boatingmommy
05-01-2002, 08:50 AM
Hey! Just checking out your thread....Gennel you really are awe inspiring. And you are so right about what you wrote yesterday.

There are times when I look in the mirror now and go "Holy cow!!!Is that me?" I let myself go for so long....I did it...no one did it to me...just me. And now that I have gotten my act together I wonder what took me so long. And I am a little sad that I spent the years from about 27 to 32 at 245 pounds. Those are years that I really should have been feeling good about myself. Well...I am doing that now. 167 pounds feels wonderful. Going shopping in the regular size clothes feels wonderful. Having my husband notice the changes is WONDERFUL!!!:D And you know what....losing more weight is going to feel FABULOUS! And the only way to do that is quit procrastinating and GET ON IT!

Well, I hope all of you treat yourself right today. You know what you have to do...do it!

Boating mommy:cool:

Gennel
05-02-2002, 11:09 AM
I am still amazed at how much you've lost so far. I noticed your stats and I couldnt believe you went from 245 to 167! I can can imagine how great you feel now ! let's see what my scale says this saturday ! This week I did good with my eating but I missed 2 nights of tae bo. And I think I'm coming down with something too :( my throat is killing me! I swear when I swallow I feel like I'm swallowing my own tongue and throat...it's that sore and swollen! I dont know how I went walking yesterday and today!
I'll pop over to say hi on your thread in a few!

ttyl,
Gen
194/164/135?

Emaleyth
05-03-2002, 09:53 AM
Well, I weighed in this morning.... the last few days, although I haven't been eating 100% good for me foods, I've been not stuffing in extra food to make up for the "bad-for-me, but-good-for-my-soul" foods I've had.... so <drum roll please> I lost 1 lb this last week :D Yippee!!!!
Hope all the rest of you had losing weeks too!
Erin

Gennel
05-03-2002, 11:22 AM
Hey Erin!
That is awesome! You lost a whole 3,500 calories! That is really good, keep doing it! I will weigh in tomorrow myself. Hope I've had 1 lb loss myself!

ttfn
Gen
194/164/135?

Gennel
05-03-2002, 11:25 AM
Just a reminder ...Like I'm sure you forgot lol. Tomorrow is weigh in day. So for those of you that have saturday as their weigh in day please PM me your results ( loss/gain / or maintain) I know there are a few of you that weigh in Sunday or Mondays,just PM me your results so I can add it to the Updated weigh in for this weekend.

Gen
194/164/135?

angel-eyes
05-03-2002, 05:50 PM
Hi Ladies.
Gennel, hope you're feeling better....nothing worse than a sore scratchy throat. My remedy is always soothing cold icecream.....but then thats why I've got lots to lose! lol My weigh in is also tommorow, so I'll be in to post by afternoon. Thank goodness my weigh in is before the wedding we off to.....couldn't go in good conscience and not partake in some...(just a little) of the goodies.
Emaleyth.....YOU GO GIRL!!! Good job on losing a pound. Lost and forever gone!!
Boatingmommy.....have a great time camping. Sounds like you live for it....enjoy!!
Dustcatcher.......Keep on plan and eat well. A loss is bound to happen. Don't get down in the dumps, usually it only means next time you'll have a bigger loss. Good luck.

grizzlyschick
05-03-2002, 07:54 PM
:) Hi everyone~ I lost 1 1/2 pounds. I keep bouncing back and forth between the 2 numbers so I decided instead of settling for the highest one I'd say it was right in the middle!:D Hope everyone's doing well.

thinlizzie
05-04-2002, 10:03 AM
Hello all you fellow losers!
Well, i cannot report a loss for this week,but at least i am maintaining. I know i have done more exercise this week than for quite some time, and i plan to keep at it too. So my heart is sure getting healthy! And getting to be commited to keeping a pattern of exercise is a new goal i am trying to get to. I know it's not really an excuse but my TOM was really dragging me down for the last 2 weeks! I must be peri-menopausal or something, as i can start my period weeks ahead and just keep having it. It's not fun. I am now trying a new pill from my doc. Only 1 day on it so i have no idea if it will help,but it sure better, or i'm going to go look for other opinion.

Well, you all have a great weekend, and keep on staying as true to your plan as you all can! I will check in on the chat i'm sure!

Staying the same,
thinlizzie
166/133/120

Gennel
05-04-2002, 12:55 PM
These are the updates I have so far. The rest of you that have weigh in days on Sunday or Monday can just PM me the results on your WI day :) As for my weigh in I lost another pound.

Gennel...Goal...9 lbs...lost 3 lbs

Grizzly.....Goal...7 lbs...lost 4.5 lbs

Duckies...Goal... 9 lbs..N/A..N/A

Emaleyth..Goal...6 lb..lost 2.5 lbs

Mscoconut..Goal..8lbs..lost 2.5 lbs

dustcatcher.Goal...5 lbs..lost 1 lb

Sweetpea0407.Goal.. 5 lbs...loss 1 lbs (welcome newbie ) :)

Roseblush..Goal..5 lbs (welcome newbie) :)

Gennel
05-04-2002, 01:07 PM
Well I'm almost over that sore throat and stuffy nose! I feel so much better :) I missed my Tae Bo this week because of that. But I still managed a 1 lb loss. Before having a 1 lb loss would make me freak out ! lol But now I have realized that losing it slowly is the safe way , and also you have a better chance of keeping it off!
Of course I wish it was a 3-4 lb loss lol. I lost a lot of weight really fast the last time and my skin didnt have a chance to shrink with my body! Yes your skin will take its time and shrink a lot. Not 100% but it does shrink. And the younger you are the better chances you have. But I've read an article about a plastic surgeon
who explained that after weightloss your skin takes up to a year to almost 2 years to shrink to accomodate your new slim body. So a big congrats on those that lost 1 lb and those that maintained. Because maintaining truly is the difficult part. For now I will enjoy the new me, I am enjoying no more love handles! And my 5 yr old still cant get over the fact that her arms now overlap when she hugs me around my waist. This is a new game she has with me, she hugs me around my waist and hangs there. She called my DH over so he can see that she can now do this when before her hands were like 7 inches apart ! How sweet is that?
I'm so proud of everyone that has put such effort into this. It is a lot of work to lose 1 lb. And I know you all know that!

ttyl!

Gen
194/163/135?

sweetpea0407
05-04-2002, 05:51 PM
you guys are so rude and inconsiderate

grizzlyschick
05-05-2002, 10:20 AM
Hi Sweet Pea,
I don't understand why you would think that the people on this thread are rude or inconsiderate. These woman are all here to support each other. Having to be accountable to Gennel for our weight loss is a great help to many of us. I personnally think that she had a wonderful idea by doing this challenge. I enjoy reading the messages that each lady posts because even if I haven't lost they inspire me and motivate me to keep trying. I think instead of just jumping to conclusions you should take a chance to get to know the people here before judging them.:)

thinlizzie
05-06-2002, 08:14 AM
Hi
Just popped in to say i know why SweetPea is so upset. I had to read back a page or so but i see she posted a quick note stating her 1 mo.goal and got overlooked! Tho' this is Gennels thread, i will apologize from all of us!! I, too, could have mentioned you in one of my posts! I mainly post on another thread,but had jumped into the challenge too........SWEETPEA, I see you are a newbie, so i don't know if you'll be back after this,but if you are out there lurking, please come on back~~~ and update us w/your week's loss (we hope) I am still just maintaining,but i guess that is good in itself..

thinlizzie
166/133/120:wave: :wave: :strong:

dustcatcher
05-06-2002, 12:12 PM
Well I got on the scale today and I am down 1 pound from last week. I know 1 pound is nothing to brag about, but for me, it is an accomplishment! So I am 214 now and I will keep trying!

dustcatcher

ps. I haven't figured out how to send a personal message yet. Am I supposed to pm gennel before posting here?

Roseblush
05-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Hello everyone, I would like to slip in here with a month goal also to join group. My goal would be to lose 5lbs. in a month. I have not been motivated this spring to do my walking like I was last year and it shows. It is great that someone takes time and interet to help others in their desire to be healthier.... I commend you all!
Not sure if this is the right way to use this system yet...will find out I guess. See you soon! :)

sweetpea0407
05-06-2002, 10:19 PM
hello everyone

i just wanted to say that i am so sorry. i just figured i wasn't wanted here it never really hit that my post could have been over looked. I have had problems with people online before so i guess i just jumped to Conclusions.. what i should have done was said something before i left a message like that. I truly am sorry and i hope you all can forgive me. Well anyways i was doing pretty bad about my eatting habbits this week but decided i better not give up yet and got my self bad on track. I lost one pound this week that puts me at 134 lbs. Good luck all... hope you all lose this coming week. Thanks for asking me to come back it really means alot to me.

sweetpea::)

thinlizzie
05-06-2002, 10:48 PM
I'm glad you are back ~~SweetPea!~~...and with such wonderful news on your 1# loss. YGG! Don't have to apologize, just keep on posting....love to hear all your news.

and a big welcome to :~~Roseblush~~Yes, you are right about how great all these well wishes on the posts are. they help me greatly, now that i am no longer attending ww classes. It's kept me going. I love to get inspiration from all the good chicks on here! Try and drink your water and move, and it will happen for you too! Slow losses are best.

~~~DUSTCATCHER~~~ Great name! One # off IS something to be excited about! Congrats on the pound lost and gone 4-ever! YGG!! I don't know how Gennel is keeping track for sure, but if you can figure out how to PM her also, it might be helpful.
I have not seen Gennel on here lately, and it's her thread, but i am going to make sure you both are kept track of on this month's challenge! I lost 3 the first week of it, and zip the 2nd week, but i know i am exercising alot more, and just so motivated from all the good people i meet on here! So i hope it does the same for you.
Again,welcome aboard, and post often! I will write again tomorrow, hope you can too as i love to hear from all.

bye for now,
thinlizzie
166/133/120
:) :wave: :strong:

grizzlyschick
05-07-2002, 06:40 AM
:) Hi Sweet Pea I'm so glad your back. I'm sorry I didn't realize you had been overlooked before. It's great that you decided to come back;) I hope you find all the support you need here. Good job on losing a pound too:D
Hi Roseblush:) I hope you'll like it here;)
Hi Dustcatcher- great job on the 1 pound loss:)
I hope everyone does great this week- Take care.

Gennel
05-07-2002, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone,
I was just replying to my PM's and going over the new posts today! Well I edited the Goal chart and it's pasted below here :) Welcome Roseblush. And Sweetpea I'm so glad to see that you didnt leave us! A big Thank you to Thinlizzie for apologizing for me and from all of us for having overlooked the first post . Remember everyone , even if you joined a little late this isnt a race. The goal here is to have any kind of weightloss in a 4 week period, or have maintenance in a 4 week period. A slight gain may happen due to TOM or stress. But PLEASE dont let this make you quit . I have lost 31lbs so far since Feb. But it hasnt been a smooth weightloss. It's been fast I must say but I have had to walk almost everymorning. So dont think that some of us just lose it so easy! lol I wish I would taken before pictures of my waist and stomach ! The walking is my "miracle pill" I cannot say what a huge difference walking makes. You get rid of so much cellulite and the inches seem to melt off. As of Feb I have lost 7.5 inches off my waist. I cannot truly explain it! Yes you saw correct 7.5 inches! I lost weight yrs ago and I had to be around 145 lbs before I had a 32 inch waist. I am weighing 163 lbs folks and my waist went from 40 inches down to 32.5 ! its just not the dieting trust me. I have before pictures of me and current pictures that I took with clothes on lol. But there is a huge difference inthe pictures now! I will still be around when I reach my goal and I will make a small webpage with before and after photos.
Sweetpea I added yoru 1 lb loss to the goal chart, Dustcatcher I also added your 1 lb loss on the chart below.
ttyl!
Gen
194/163/135?
Gennel...Goal...9 lbs...lost 3 lbs

Grizzly.....Goal...7 lbs...lost 4.5 lbs

Sweetpea0407.Goal.. 5 lbs...loss 1 lbs (welcome newbie )

Roseblush..Goal..5 lbs (welcome newbie)

angel-eyes
05-07-2002, 12:20 PM
Well, I've been avoiding the topic of my weighin on Saturday,,,,,but truth be known, I only lost a measly 3 ounces. Not a very good weighin to say the least. And actually, it would have been better not to go, as it put me on a bit of a backwards slide. I am now trying to do the damage control and get back on track. Sorry....I just seem to be 'neither here nor there' lately. UGH!!! Congratulations for all of this weeks losers.....there might be hope for me yet.

Emaleyth
05-09-2002, 09:49 AM
Hey Ladies! How is everyone today? I'm wiped! :yawn: My hubby and I went to the gym at 5 this morning to get in cardio and when we got home, I ran to do the grocery shopping I've been trying to get done all week! I did more before 7am then I usually make myself do by noon!!! :lol: Oh well, after a quick shower while "Blue's Clues" is on, I'll be more alive and awake! Today I've decided to get back to setting daily goals for myself and being accountable for them... I've noticed better results and feelings about myself/weight if I do this. Hope ya'll don't mind that I'm going to post them here for accountablity. :D
Thursday's goals:
*Eat according to the Kathy Smith article and see if it works for me (small meals, balance of carbs and everything else... I'm a carb addict!)
*Drink 4 bottles of water
*stop eating by 7:30
*Cardio for 30 minutes (DONE!)
*Gratitude journal
Hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!!!
:strong:
Erin

thinlizzie
05-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Hey there all!
This week is going real well with my program. I am doing some weight workouts daily (rotate muscle groups) Then on my days off i have walked up to 4 miles ...felt great! And also do some other toning (video) workouts.. Scales are looking great. I won't post it till Fri. nite or Sat tho... As far as how clothes are fitting, well that says alot. I happened to have a pair of size 16 jeans w/all the tags on from Walmart and found them in a drawer. I think what happened it i jumped up to needing an 18 right before i made up my mind to get on WW points plan. Well, today i took the 16 jeans and exchanged them for a 10!!! WOW, was i a happy girl. They fit fine, and i am still a little away from my goal. I guess i just had to post and tell you all my good news!

EMA~~ You sound like you have an awesome plan! I too eat the small meals and snack in between, that seems to be a great help to keep blood sugars level. And not want to binge as much! I think i keep to the "no eats after 7:30" thing, that does help. Plus if i have room for dessert, i try to have my dinner meal and that all w/in 60 minutes. I read about doing that somewhere??!:?: Anyway i think it helps me.

Does your DH workout alot w/you? Mine will walk w/me as much as he can, it's so nice to get a walking partner. And then when i feel tired, he says "oh no, get the shoes on and lets go!!". I love him!:love:

The idea on the gratitude journal sounds great. I think i'll give that a try. Thanks for posting your new Way Of Life(WOL). I appreciate any tips. By the way is the Kathy Smith thing found on line? If so you could send me the addy. I really like her ideas on fitness.

Bye for now,
thinlizzie:wave: :wave: :strong:

sweetpea0407
05-09-2002, 12:36 PM
hello everyone

just thought i would pop in to say hi for a min. I've been doing really good with exercise and eatting habits this week so hopefully i will lose another pound. how are you all doing? I seen a friend of mine yesterday that i have not seen in a while and she noticed that i had lost weight that made me feel really good that someone noticed.Well hope you all are doing good. I'll try to write again tomorrow if i get time. talk to ya all later

sweetpea

Emaleyth
05-09-2002, 01:01 PM
Hey ThinLizzie and SweetPea! Glad things are on target for you guys this week!
Congrats on the exchange of sizes Lizzie!!!! YEAH!!!! :jig:

~Lizzie~ My hubby and I try to go to the gym together every morning at 5. Hasn't been happening lately due to giving in to too many excuses, but we will be doing it regularly now! I have 3 weeks to get a flatter belly for a dress I bought for a wedding, so I need to get movin' and groovin'! :strong: It doesn't help that my husband is almost worse at excuses than I am!!! :dz:
Here's the Kathy Smith stuff I'm working on doing. http://www.ivillage.com/diet/experts/kathysmith/articles/0,5050,271912_407817,00.html
I started on Monday and then went off on Tuesday due to spending the day with a friend and indulging in some Merlot (my downfall... WINE!) and then yesterday was completely blown by my choosing to eat at McD's while my son played with his friends. :mad: I didn't even get any enjoyment out of the fries!!! Oh well... Today is another day and so far it's going wonderfully (foodwise). Now if only my 2 year old would cooperate... I know, I'm asking for miracles!
:joker: :lol: :cry: :joker:
I'm off now to see why my name is being screamed in vain from the upstairs computer (he is playing his JumpStart game and told me to "Doh away!")

Erin

Gennel
05-09-2002, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone!
Ema, that is great that hubby is supportive and goes with you to the Gym at 5 AM!!!! WOW! Sounds like you will get into that dress in no time!
Thinlizzie , you sound like you did well this week and lost a few! Oh please tell ? ..ok ..I'll have to wait with everyone else until Saturday! lol . Sweetpea, isnt it a wonderful feeling when someone else notices that you've lost a few ? Well I have an online photo album of Before and Current pictures. Iwish they would have come out more clear. I have a closeup of my new "thin face and no doublechin! " lol On the first picture I was wearing a sze 16-18, on the last picture I'm wearing 11/12 shorts !For MOther's Day I was planning to go out for dinner but I decided that a "Best Ribs" place was not for me this week at least! lol So we are staying home and everyone is brining a low calorie favorite meal. I'll have chicken shish kabobs and shrimp kabobs ,low cal potato salad,salad and brown rice ....
Well anyway below is the link to see my progress. Icant wait for that July or August picture!

lolhttp://members8.clubphoto.com/genie419342/720940/guest.phtml

Its great reading all these positve motivational posts!
Gen
194/163/135?

Emaleyth
05-09-2002, 03:11 PM
Gennel, You look GREAT!!!!! :D I love your pics! So now.. I have to ask.... how tall are you? I'm "vertically challenged" ;) so I wear a bigger size than what I think I should at this weight. :(
I'm sure if I hunt around, I've got a few at my top weight and some at my lower weights... Not sure I want to look at the top weight pics ever again though! :o It would be good motivation though to "remind" myself how far I've come! Now to just keep moving forward and downward!!!
Erin

Gennel
05-09-2002, 04:59 PM
Ema,
I'm a short gal at 5'3" . I remember weighing 163 a few years ago and I was in a bigger size! But I wasnt walking nearly as much as I do now. I'm positive that all this walking has taken so many inches off me ,not only dieting . The current pic of me shows me actually a little bigger than I am inperson. Why do pictures do that to us?!! lol Everyone that guesses my weight is always at least 15-20lbs lower than it actually is! I guess I could lie about my weight ! lol But who am I kidding?
Thanks for taking a peek! Ema take pictures now and measure yourself! You wont regret it I promise!
I was reading an article that I lost now! But it was in ediets.com. It was titled " Which Type are you?" It says there are 3 types of people in this world .#1 Those who make things happen #2 Those who watch things happen # And those who dont have a clue what's going on. Like in politics, there are people running for office , those who complain about the laws but do nothing to help make changes, and those who dont know what's going on at all in this world! Everyone here can be the first type" Those who make things happen! " You can make it happen. A lot of us are hard headed naturally when we want something our way. We MUST be this hard headed to make this happen! We wont take no for an answer when the scale wont budge one week! So we go on to the next week, working out more and eating right!
(something to think about)

Gen
194/163/135?

sweetpea0407
05-09-2002, 06:48 PM
wow Gen i seen your pics. Congradulations on all the weight you have lost. you have done a wonderful job. Emaleyth Good luck fitting in to your dress before the wedding. Don't give up. You can do it. I'm still trying to to fit in to my shorts before summer. So i guess i'm gonna get up really early tomorrow morning and walk a couple miles if it doesn't rain seems like that's all it's been doing latly. Well my daughter is being a brat right now so i gotta go get her ready for bed hopefully she settles down after her bath.

talk to ya all later
have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpea

TER
05-09-2002, 11:32 PM
Hi I need to lose 20lbs altogether. I will to lose 10lbs and don't know how to start. I love to eat and need someone to get me starting in a walking program. I weigh 166lbs and I am finding it very hard. Please help. :) I will send a short note this time to see if anyone replies.
Ter

sweetpea0407
05-09-2002, 11:49 PM
hi ter

If you want to start walking to lose weight Start out by taking a 10 to 15 minute walk and work your self up. I also love to eat and my problem was i would eat a candy bar or something like that when i was hungry. now i much on veggies and fruits in between meals. I have been on my diet since the beggining of march and have lost 9 lbs. Just set your mind to it and you can do it. You have come to the right place everyone seems to be really nice and supportive here and we will all help you through it. Good luck....

have a wonderfulday

sweetpea

grizzlyschick
05-10-2002, 05:37 AM
:) Hi everyone. This week I stayed at the same weight- I am however recording a 1 in. loss in my waist. I just wish I had seen a pound or two go to. It is my TOM so maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe I need to beef up my exercises. I'm glad everyone is doing so well. ThinLizzie WOW:D getting into a size 10 must have been Heaven!! That's so great!!;) You are an inspiration to us all. Take care everyone.

grizzlyschick
05-10-2002, 05:43 AM
:) Hi Ter- All of SweetPea's suggestions sound great. :) That's basically what I've done too. I gave up sugar and am doing lowfat. I do resistance exercises and a stationary bike. I've lost 34 pounds so far. I have the hardest time staying motivated to exercise, so I found if I slip a good tape into my walkman something really upbeat it keeps me motivated while I'm exercising and seems to pass the time quicker. I hope you find something that will work with you. Welcome to the group :D

thinlizzie
05-10-2002, 07:28 AM
Good Morning...
WELCOME TER ! This is a good place to get started losing weight, and you will find plenty of ideas AND motivation.

You will have to find a plan for YOU, we are probably on all kinds of diff.programs here. I started w/ Weight Watchers and am now on my own, but did best w/a twist on the ww program. I too cut out alot of simples sugars and white flour when possible. I cannot do it fully, but i do it to eat healthier. You can just get a good calorie counting book , it amounts to the same as counting "points" like we do in ww. Buy more veggies and try new recipes. That helped me. 3fc site has tons of good recipes all categorized for ya. And of course adding some kind of exercise program is a must. I mostly walk and do some toning (using weights) ex. It gets addicting. Esp. the walking, and once you get some results, you'll be hooked too! So read alot, surf the web, and pick some kind of plan, and we are there for ya girl! Come back and post please!

Grizz, SweetPea,Gen, Ema thanks for the well wishes...talk to ya tonite. Hi to all the other great chicks...keep strong and to your plans! :strong:
thinlizzie
:D :wave: :angel:

Gennel
05-10-2002, 08:48 AM
Hi Ter,
Well you've come to a great place here :) Everyone here including myself needs to lose a few or alot, we all need to move constantly to burn some of those fat calories our body loves to hold on to! First you need to decide which type are you? I wrote a long post yesterday about an article I read titled (Which Type Are You?) #1 Those that make things happen#2 Those who watch things happen#3 Those who dont have a clue of what's going on.
Only you can make things happen. I know 20 lbs seems like a whole lot of weight but you can do this for sure! I didnt want to start because I had between 60-70 pounds total that I had to lose. I thought the road was too long for me. But if I wouldnt have started I wouldnt be here today writing to you. What programs have you tried? If you dont like being given a strict menu of what you must eat then Iwould suggest trying Weight Watchers. Almost everyone I know is doing WW program. You eat real food and almost every kind of food you can think of. The key is finding healthier ingredients to add to your meals and right portions. This week I had many meals that you would think would not help me lose a pound! But instead of using regular oil I use the nonstick spray or a little olive oil for an entire dish. What you put in your mouth is 50% of your battle, the other 50% is the dreaded word "exercise!" IF you dont like to jog, or do aerobic tapes or go to a gym then I suggest my favorite exercise of all(walking) Start with a 30 min brisk walk, walk like if you gotta go pee lol. I walk 6 days a week now 1hr-90 min each time. But this is after 3 months of walking. If you'd like a list of foods to help start you out ,you can email me at : genierosado@earthlink.net

you can do this!
Gen

Gennel
05-10-2002, 08:49 AM
hey , just a reminder that weigh in is tomorrow. Please send me a PM with your loss/gain / maintain for this week. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Gen
194/163/135?

Gennel
05-11-2002, 09:55 AM
I ate the same this week maybe even a few calories extra on certain days! I added an additional 30 min to my walk in the morning. I'm so excited to report a 3lb loss for this week!!!! Iwas hoping to be at least 162 By Mother's Day tomorrow and instead I'm at 160!!!! I know probably next week there will be a 1/2 lb loss , usually there is a low loss after a big loss! but I am further along than I expected to be so I cant ask for anything more. Please PM me your results for this week. I havent recieved any yet :(

Gen

194/160/135?

sweetpea0407
05-11-2002, 12:08 PM
hello everyone

How are you all doing? Pretty good hear. I lost 2 pounds this week.That is the most i have ever lost in a week. I guess this place is really helping me more then i thought it would. Hope you all lost as well. Congradulations on your weight loss Gen. Talk to ya all later.

Sweetpea

amybunz
05-11-2002, 12:26 PM
I am not sure if you have this Gen but I have lost 2.6 this week. (I weighed in Monday the 6th).

I am so psyched. I just got back from the gym where I have started strength training. I have marked on my day planner to lift three days a week.

I have also mapped out a three mile walk and have done it twice this week with plans to walk it this evening and tomorrow.

Do you have record of my goal? I can't remember what it was. I am at 203.4 now. I have lost 43.8. I should got my 45 lb award and maybe go under 200 on Monday. Wish me luck.

GREAT JOB LADIES. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!:D

amybunz

Gennel
05-11-2002, 07:29 PM
I'm soooooo happy with the results I've been reading ! Here is the current updated weigh in results:If there are any errors PLEASE let me know so I can correct it ASAP
Have a wonderful Mother's Day Tomorrow to all you moms!

Gennel...Goal...9 lbs...lost 6 lbs

Amybunz..Goal..9 lbs...lost 11 lbs ( Biggest Loser so far! )

Thinlizzie..Goal....8lbs..lost 5 lbs

Sassycat..Goal...8 lbs..lost 6 lbs

Grizzly.....Goal...7 lbs...lost 6.5 lbs

Sweetpea0407.Goal.. 5 lbs...loss 3 lbs (welcome newbie )

Roseblush..Goal..5 lbs (welcome newbie)

PatMartin
05-11-2002, 07:34 PM
I'm new & want to join the 4 wk loss!!!
:^: Hi Gen, I've read all you guys posts and I would very much like to join in on this 4wk loss. I'm new and in need of some much needed support. I happen upon this thread and thought wow, this is exactly what I need to get me back on track with my weight loss.

Anyway, I started my weight lostt back in Jan, 2002. My beginning weight was at 261 lbs. and today I'm at 236lbs. I'm must say, I'm very happy with my loss so far. I haven't really been on any special diet plan, I just cut back (a little) and started walked 30-45 min. daily on my treadmill. So far so good, but for the last 2 or 3 weeks, I'v slacked off tramendously.

Now even though I've been slacking a lot, to my surprise I have not really gained back any of my weight. I think because I was walking every day 30 min in the a.m. before I go to work and 30-45 min every evening when I came home from work for 2 months straight. I really did build a lot of muscle in my legs, thighs and arms (from using my hand weights while walking the treadmill).

Anyway, I'm ready to start back on my weight loss journey and fill your program is just what I need for my newest motivation. I'm just have a few questions. Are you beginning a new 4 wk plan or just continuing on every week. I like to start this week on Monday 5/13, but not sure if I'm coming in to a new month or later part of this month. Please let me know in a new post from you Gen.

If I can start now, my goal weight for 1 month would be 10 lbs. My current weight is 236 lbs.

261/237/140:lol:

grizzlyschick
05-12-2002, 07:48 AM
:D I'm so happy. My weigh ins are usually on Sundays and Thursdays and this morning I was down 2 pounds- woo hoo! That scale just really didn't want to move lately. My faith is renewed!:angel: I hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful Mothers Day. Hi Pat- Welcome to the group. Take care everyone.

Roseblush
05-12-2002, 09:53 AM
Good Job everyone on their success this week! I will start my week on Monday....and even step on the scale! I usually just go by my clothes fitting because in the past those numbers use to defeat my motivation! But all of you have really shown how brave you all are! I just seem to fluxuate between a 16 to my best is a trim 14. I just can never seem to get beyond that point. I know I just posted a 5lb loss but I have more over the long run I want to lose and keep off! Thanks for being here and keep up the good work!
Roseblush;) ;)

sweetpea0407
05-12-2002, 02:51 PM
hi everyone

Congradulations on your weight loss roseblush. And congradulations to everyone else also. Happy mother's day everyone. talk to ya all later.

sweetpea

Gennel
05-13-2002, 04:25 PM
Hey Grizzly you are almost at your goal for the week challenge! I'm sure you will pass your goal by the 20th of this month!

Hey Roseblush is that a 5 lb loss for this week? Please let me know if it is so I can update the weigh in chart!
Keep it up everyone " You Will Make This Happen!"

I have a funny story which wasnt funny when it first happened! Well my husband was going to buy me one of those cute 2 piece stretch tennis outfits? Thats the only way I know of describing them lol. Anyway the guy who sells them knows us for a few yrs now. The guy hasnt seen me in the last few months so he thought I was still at my big weight. My husband asked him for a size 11/12 for me and the guy kept arguing noway "she is like my wife at least a 16-18! lol Well my hubby insisted.... I wasnt home at the time so the guy had not seen me . When all of a sudden I bring my car into our driveway and step out of the car. The guy looked startled to see me and now I know why lol. He was just speechless for a few seconds lol. After he left my husband told me why lol. I was like me a 16 ?!!!! I took it personal lol and that was the joke for the rest of that day for me lol. IT was mother's day and I had a new cute short jean outfit size 12! Which the waist was almost 2 inches too big so I took it in with my machine. My husband asked what I was doing to my new pair of jeanshorts? I told him " Oh I'm just taking in these size 16 shorts a bit . lol Well I still have a pair of shorts that I used to wear when I was at 194 lbs , yes a size 16 ! I even got to wear bigger than that too. But I saved them and they are hanging in my closet as a reminder of where I dont want to get in again. Everyone's asking me for my special food list or what is the miracle solution that is working for me. And I dont have an answer for them! I love food , because I love it so much I have found ways to cut out the fat in alot of myfavorite meals and lower calories too. If you arent willing to give up a certain food , then find a way to get the same taste as close as possible but lower fat ingredients. Where there's a will there's a way!!!

Gen
194/160/135?

Emaleyth
05-13-2002, 05:30 PM
:p Well.... I'm refusing to weigh in this week! As I had a chocolate attack this morning, I realized that the reason my jeans are so tight is it's the begining of the bloat.... I hate being bloated for a whole week before TOM. So, I hope no one minds... I'm trying to avoid the "down in the dumps, so I stuff my face because I'm retaining water and my weight went up" frame of mind this month.
WTG on the losses though!!!!!
Oh, and Gennel, you're only an inch taller than I am.... I think I need to get walking more!
Erin

Sassycat
05-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Gennel,

You got me thinking here. How are you figuring the goal? Are you figuring even if you gained the one week as long as you lost the total you said you were shooting for you made goal? I thought I had 2 more lbs to go since I had a 2 lb gain the one week.

1st week - 4 lbs
2nd week - 0 lbs
3rd week - gained 2 lbs
4th week - 4 lbs

Let me know how you if that is how you figured it I am confused, it so I am pumped but I figured I missed it by the 2 lbs I gained the 3rd week.

Just confused and thinking here....sorry if I am having one of those blonde moments my hubby says I am famous for (yes i am blonde)!!!:?:

And to everyone else AWESOME together we can do this!!!!!:cool:

Gennel
05-14-2002, 08:11 PM
Hey Sassy! I just went back and checked your goal and it was 8 pounds, so far you've lost 6 lbs you are correct. I totally didnt realize about the 2 lb gain! I'll correct this ASAP! :)

ttyl!
Gen

Roseblush
05-16-2002, 08:37 AM
Dear Gen,
I loved the story of the Mother's Day gift. You are doing great!
I will tell you a little of my history so you will know more about my weight loss journey. I am 5'3" and sort of a solid form even when I bear alot of weight. My top weight even after childbearing was 225lbs. When a Dr. discovered I had a severe thyroid problem. So with medication I am now at 192lbs. I would love to be 140 again someday but am not sure if that is attainable. I too believe that exercise is crucial to losing and maintaining weight loss and good health. I was doing better last summer jogging and working hard on losing and probably dropped 15lbs. which is back :mad: now. I ended up with plantar fascitis in my left foot.... so finally that is better now. Our battle of weight issues are so personal but yet we can all share in them and find help and hope in the story of others. So at first I just wanted to say I want to lose 5lbs. because that is the beginning of my steps to recovery....... trying to get 5lbs at a time gone off lost forever!
Thanks for the post that each of you share. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your helpful ideas, your achievements and even your disappointments.
Thanks Gennel for your thoughtfulness and help!
Roseblush

thinlizzie
05-16-2002, 08:09 PM
Dropping a line to say that so far so good on the challenge. I have added more time w/the weight lifting and toning. I did only 2 miles outside walking today, but it was freezing and drizzle mixed with snow out there, so that was all i could take. I kept busy once i got back...lots of cleaning got done.

I had a beautiful baltimore oriole in my yard for 2 days running. I put out juicy orange slices for it. I should buy one of those nectar feeders now that i know i have them here. They are just gorgeous birds. :love:

~~~GRIZZ~~~ WTG on the 2# weight loss! You rock! Now keep up the good work and more will soon follow! :jig: Doin' the happy dance for ya!

~~~Roseblush~~~SweetPea~~~PAT~~~what is up with you guys? I need to hear from you on your programs.....are you out there journaling and doing the best you can? Well, we wanna hear about it all! so post soon.:^:

~~All the other goal-getters~~~Be strong and stay OP! You all can do this. Together it's much easier.

Wow, tomorrow is Friday already...weigh in Sat. I'll let ya know soon ~~~Gen~~~ what is happening there!

bye for now,
thinlizzie
:wave: :angel: :sheep: :strong:

justme2338
05-16-2002, 08:17 PM
OK so, I am trying to do it the smart way. 1500 Cal per day and daily walk on the treadmill. I'm 2 days into it and I already had a bad day. Just had a tif with my significant other and had a piece of cake. Ok, so far today I ate a bagel, coffee, and 2 pieces of cake. What the **** is wrong with me? Anyone?

thinlizzie
05-16-2002, 08:42 PM
Hi there JustMe...you are just emotional-eating...you will have those moments when things go rotten at home or whatever, and our first thing is to go feed out face...you just gotta replace that bad behavior with something that will actually help you w/the stress.. Like go out and walk around the block, or get on the phone w/a pal, or draw a nice bath and light some candles(i really like doing that one when i want to eat cause i'm tired or whatever...but not really hungry) I've been married awhile(over 25yrs) so we don't really do the big blow ups anymore. You learn that what you're steamed about is not something that is going to be remembered a year from now! So you must make your plan and get it in your head that this is what you are gonna do FOR YOU! Find a Way Of Life( WOL) that suits you, whether you need to cut back on sugars/carbs or just cut calories....and stick with it. Journaling it all is good too, jot down all the foods and emotions that go with it in a notebook. And post on here alot...it helps!

I hope you find some help in what i've just written! Be good to yourself! :angel:

thinlizzie
166/131/120
5'2"
:wave: :strong:

Gennel
05-16-2002, 10:30 PM
Hi Everyone,
I really havent been on to check the new posts and I feel really bad about that. My best friend in NJ called me yesterday telling me her mother crashed her car head on to a bus and died instantly. HEr mom was still pretty young at 56 yrs old. My head has been fuzzy since yesterday afternoon. ,I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still thinking about them.
This saturday is weigh in again. The challenge officially ends May 20th. That will mark 30 days so you can all weigh in on Monday. Im weighing in onSaturday to see if I lost anything this week and Iwill also weigh in on Monday which is the last day. I'm curious to see how much Ive lost in 4 wks.I hope everyone pushes themselves a little harder this week! We still have 3-4 days! We can lose at least 1 lb by then!

Hope everyone is well,
Gen
194/160/135?

grizzlyschick
05-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Gennel- I am so sorry to hear about your best friends mom. I'm sure it must be very hard to take it all in right now. My thoughts are with you. I have been sick all week and have lost a good deal this week due to the fact that I can barely eat! Fill you in on my numbers after final weigh in tomorrow. I hope your friend is able to find some peace in this difficult time. I will keep her in my prayers. Take care.

Roseblush
05-17-2002, 10:46 PM
Dear Gennel,
I am so sorry to hear about your news. Please know you are in my prayers and your friend also. Just let her know any emotion she carries is alright. Take Care.
Roseblush

dustcatcher
05-18-2002, 12:23 AM
Ugh! I have not posted because I am not doing well. I have stayed the same (214) and I am not happy with that at all! I have been exercising alot this week, drinking tons of water and not overeating. I don't know why this has to be so hard!

dustcatcher

Gennel
05-18-2002, 12:51 AM
Hi Everyone,
Well tomorrow ,or should I say today is weigh in. You can give me your official losses for this month on Monday. Since that is the last day of the challenge. If we dont all get to our mini goals , PLEASE dont be very upset. The whole point to this is to lose it period. I will start a new thread again on Monday afternoon Called ( Support Continues, Another 4 Wk Challenge!)
Iwanted to thank everyone for their prayers. My friend needs them.

HeyDustcatcher, dont let yourself be blue. No one said this would be easy. But most of the time its "us" who make this so difficult on ourselves. Only we can choose to grab that creamy smooth icecream or a yogurt cup. It is that simple . IT may sound impossible . How bad do you want this? Ask yourself that question. Or do you wish this could happen. You CAN make this happen. ;) Be good to yourself ,feed yourself with love. May sound silly to read that lol. But I can tell you about me. I ate Mcdonald's at least 3 times a week. I love the stuff , but it was awful for my body. Ididnt have cheeseburger and fries! I had the BigMac, large fries, apple pie and coke. And that was lunch, and I used to eat every bit of it too! This can be as difficult as you make it , or as easy as you make it. I'm so glad that you came back. IT took alot of guts for you to come back . Now dont beat yourself up about this anymore and please say you'll join us for the next challenge that starts Monday!
Everyone please PM me your weigh in results tomorrow. Iwill also Write the final goal chart on Monday , so if you can weigh in again on Monday . Ya never know! You could lose 1/2 lb or 1 lb by then!

Night everyone,
Gen
194/160/135?

Gennel
05-18-2002, 08:03 PM
Hi Everyone! Well I'm a bit confused with the results . So PLEASE send me a message if you see an error. (I'm sure there will be one somewhere :dizzy: As for me I lost 2.5 more pounds this week Making it a total of 8.5. So I will walk like crazy tomorrow and monday and will see if I can reach my goal for 0.5 lbs ! lol By Monday. I know some of you Weigh in at WW meetings that's on mondays ,so I will Edit the weigh in chart monday night.
ttyl!
GEN
194/157.5 / 135 ?

Gennel...Goal...9 lbs...lost 8.5 lbs

Amybunz..Goal..9 lbs...lost 11 lbs

Turtle025 Goal... 8 lbs..N/A ..N/A..N/A..N/A

Thinlizzie..Goal....8lbs..lost 5 lbs ( Weigh in Mon)

Sassycat..Goal...8 lbs..lost 6 lbs ( Weigh in Mon)

Grizzly.....Goal...7 lbs...lost 16.5 lbs!!

Duckies...Goal... 9 lbs..N/A..N/A ..N/A..N/A

Emaleyth..Goal...6 lb..lost 2.5 lbs N/A..N/A..N/A

spsalmist..Goal...5 lbs..N/A..N/A..N/A..N/A

Mscoconut..Goal..8lbs..lost 7 lbs

dustcatcher.Goal...5 lbs..lost 1 lb N/A..N/A..N/A

Angel-eyes ..Goal..6 lbs..3.2 lbs N/A..

Roseblush..Goal..5 lbs (welcome newbie

grizzlyschick
05-19-2002, 08:38 AM
I was so excited I just had to tell you all I just hit my first inches goal for my waist. If you don't know my story, my start weight was 330 and my waist started at 58 in. These numbers may have been even higher because I dieted a little before allowing myself to check. My first weight goal was 300 and I hit that a couple weeks ago. Lost one more pound yesterday so now I'm at 287- 7 more pounds and I'll have 50 off!:D WOO HOO!! You don't know how much it means to me to have all of you for support and to be able to read your posts and not feel like I'm the only one when I hit plateaus. I hope everyone is joining next months support challenge to. If you are I'll see you there. Thank you everyone for helping me along. This is gonna be a long hard ride and it's good to know I have people there with me. Take care. :jig:

sweetpea0407
05-19-2002, 09:36 PM
hi everyone sorry it's been awhile but i have been suffering from a really bad headache. Gen i'm so sorry to hear about your friends mom. Well this week i didn't lose any weight but i'll hope for the best next week. talk to ya all later.

sweetpea

onedayatatime
05-20-2002, 02:57 AM
hi Gennel
i'm new to this, but i think your 4 week challenge is a great idea, when do u think the date will be for the next one, i should be able to work it out but just in case i'm wrong.

thinlizzie
05-20-2002, 07:22 AM
Good Morning All:D
I stayed EXACTLY the same wt for this week, but when i'm so close to goal i expect it to go slow...but the challenges do help me. I watch things alot more closely. As i am not in any ww class anymore i need some structure somewhere, so count me in for the next 4 wk. challenge.

Everyone stay strong and focused! You will do it!:strong:
bye for now,
thinlizzie
166/131/120 :jig: :wave: :sheep:

Gennel
05-20-2002, 05:15 PM
Hi Onedayatatime! Yes of course you can join the next challenge! It starts today! And ends June 20. Let me know what small goal you will set for this 4 week challenge. I think I'm going to try for 9 again!
Thinlizzie, I weighed in this morning and it said 157 even, then got on again and up to 157.5! Then back down again lol. Well I am not going to force 1/2 lb lol .Besides lastnight..ugh lastnight the much dreaded T.O.M arrived! After being a whole month late! So I know that might have something to do with it!
I'm gonna go for another 9 lb goal !

I'm just waiting for everyone who weighs in today to let me know this week's weigh in results so I can post the final weight chart for this challenge, also I will paste the link to the new 4week challenge

Gen
194/157.5 /135 ?

Apple Blossom
05-20-2002, 06:11 PM
Hi! Count me in for the next month. I'm new to this too, so bear with me. I'd like to lose 15 pounds total. I'm 154 now. I think 7 pounds this next month would be great, and I'm looking forward to everyone's help! I plan on rewarding myself with a new bathing suit....:cool:

Gennel
05-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Hi Everyone!
Well I weighed in this morning and I knew things would not go well! lol I got T.O.M. yesterday and have had horrid cramps and a headache to match! ugh :( Even with that I weighed in and it said 157! Then weighed again and said 157.5. Well I got on the scale another 2-3 times and it stayed at 157 then 157.5. I'm not going to go insane over a pound! So Iwill leave it at 157.5! lol Anyway Below is Monday's chart for final weigh in. New thread below
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16422

Gennel...Goal...9 lbs...lost 8.5 lbs

Amybunz..Goal..9 lbs...lost 11 lbs

Turtle025 Goal... 8 lbs..N/A ..N/A..N/A..N/A

Thinlizzie..Goal....8lbs..lost 5 lbs

Sassycat..Goal...8 lbs..lost 6 lbs

Grizzly.....Goal...7 lbs...lost 17.5 lbs!!

Duckies...Goal... 9 lbs..N/A..N/A ..N/A..N/A

Emaleyth..Goal...6 lb..lost 2.5 lbs N/A..N/A..N/A

spsalmist..Goal...5 lbs..N/A..N/A..N/A..N/A

Mscoconut..Goal..8lbs..lost 7 lbs

dustcatcher.Goal...5 lbs..lost 1 lb N/A..N/A..N/A

Angel-eyes ..Goal..6 lbs..3.2 lbs N/A..

Roseblush..Goal..5 lbs (welcome newbie

onedayatatime
05-22-2002, 07:57 AM
hi Gennel
i think i will be a bit conservative and aim for 7Ibs weight loss for the 4 weeks, it's so good to have mini-goals. I am on the WW points program but i'm doing it myself as i am sick of spending money for nothing!
Anyway hi to everyone and WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT
lots of love:)

Gennel
05-22-2002, 08:55 AM
Hey! I just entered you in the challenge,We are no longer posting here. The new link to the thread is below :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=206326#post206326

ttyl,Gen