South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #1  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Default Lowcarb baking mix

I just bought Bob's Red Mill low carb baking mix. It has 6 grams of net carbs. I made muffins from the receipe from the back of the label. I had to add more spenda than just the 4 packets it called for---otherwise it would have tasted terrible. I also added some cocoa. I think that I pulled them out of the oven too soon and/or did not add enough baking power because they fell.

Oh well, I'll still eat them. It's nice to have something for breakfast or a treat when everyone else is eating muffins, donuts and cake!

Has anyone used this product to make pancakes? There is a receipe listed for those too.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #2  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

I have never seen this mix before. I have made the ricotta pancakes and I printed off a whole wheat recipe from this site that I am trying tomorrow morning.

If you are craving muffins, try the ricotta muffin recipe on this site, add some SF flavored jello to the mix, gives it a sweet taste... great with morning cup of coffee! I like orange myself.

Last edited by Jenskihere; 10-23-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I haven't used the mix, either, STINGER, but I googled it to check the ingredients and it looks OK for SBD. It does contain evaporated cane sugar, but the amount is negligible. Remember, though, that we don't have to worry about the carb count on SBD as long as they're good carbs.

We have a great recipe in our Phase 2 Breakfast Ideas for muffins that you may want to try. Here's the link -
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...hlight=muffins
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #4  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I will have to look for this around the holidays- I am sooo hoping to lose some before then! My main goal is to stay OP and not over indulge during the holidays- I am imagining to maintain thru xmas and then start to lose again after new years- so hard with all the goodies around during the holidays~! Maybe this would help!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #5  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the ideas. I try these out next time.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote