Old 10-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/238/165

Height: 5'5"

Default New

Hi, I am a new kid on the block (if I can figure out how to use this). I am on my first week of the diet and am having a heck of a time to figure out lunches. The cookbook we got is not bad, but they seem to use the same veggies and spices and a LOT of supplements. I guess they want to sell more of those. I was not very happy to find out how much I would have to spend on vitamins and supplements. Although it took a lot of money to gain this weight too. It's very expensive and every time I go to the center they try to push on me to buy more stuff, like the Metabolic enhancer, saying I could reduce the "loosing time" by half. Is that true, is anybody taking it? I am a very sceptical person when it comes to new diets and haven't completely given in to this one. But when I signed up I told myself to finally for once stick with whatever they say and see if it works. Some encouragement from "seniors" would help me a great deal. Thanks.
Ohmydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmydear View Post
Hi, I am a new kid on the block (if I can figure out how to use this). I am on my first week of the diet and am having a heck of a time to figure out lunches. The cookbook we got is not bad, but they seem to use the same veggies and spices and a LOT of supplements. I guess they want to sell more of those. I was not very happy to find out how much I would have to spend on vitamins and supplements. Although it took a lot of money to gain this weight too. It's very expensive and every time I go to the center they try to push on me to buy more stuff, like the Metabolic enhancer, saying I could reduce the "loosing time" by half. Is that true, is anybody taking it? I am a very sceptical person when it comes to new diets and haven't completely given in to this one. But when I signed up I told myself to finally for once stick with whatever they say and see if it works. Some encouragement from "seniors" would help me a great deal. Thanks.

Welcome!! I know exactly how you feel, i too was very overwhelmed when i found out the cost. BUT i have to say i'm happy about every penny I have spent on this. I decided to do this and my health is worth the investment. I am a sucker and i probabally am on more of the "vitiamins" and stuff but I want it to go fast so if they can help me then I'm in. Many on here have suggested to do the minium and then add more such as the enhancer during slumps.. but everyone is different. What i am paying also helps motivate me because if i cheat i feel like i am wasting my money... And if i cheat it will take me longer to get finished so i want to do good so i can stop paying all this sooner... Good Luck, you will find this forum is wonderful, everyone on here is wonderful incouragement and support, and be sure to check out some of the other threads.
I see you are in Colorado... what center do you go to??
LauraSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #3  
Remodeling The Temple

S/C/G: 229.5/161.5/149.5

I don't use the enhancer or any appetite suppressants. I use the MRC-6 and vitamins. The MRC-6 is the only thing I use that can ONLY be bought at the center. I also use the supplements, 5 a day, and that gets really expensive, really quickly. But they work. The diet is based on the extra protein, so it is NECESSARY to take the supplements. There are other places to buy them a little cheaper (there is a thread about this somewhere on here called "after market..."). I don't use the cookbook much because most of the recipes call for the supplements and I don't want to "waste" mine in a recipe. This diet does work. I've seen it first hand. Don't give up. But, by all means, don't go into major debt to do it! Most of the reps at the centers understand that you may not have the funds to buy things. I would just tell them that. They will normally back off. And even if they don't, they are only suggesting. They aren't MAKING you buy anything (except the required supplements).
silverbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
I've been on the plan since July & don't take anything except a multi-vitamin. I've lost 50 lbs & average over 3 lbs a week. If my weight loss slows down as I get closer to goal, then maybe I'll start to try some of them. If you have a lot of weight to lose & stay OP, you'll be fine without them.

Some people absolutely swear by them but I'm really not a pill person, so I don't take them & still consider my weight loss successful. Best of luck & welcome to the board!!!
bfatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #5  

Wow, that's awesome to lose 50 lbs since July! I am horrible with taking pills, thank goodness my only prescription is synthroid and it's a tiny pill. I gag when taking the vitamins and MRC-6 and flax pills. I dread the time and have to concentrate real hard. Anywho, thanks ladies for your replies
I go to the center in Co. Springs, where are you?
Old 10-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #6  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
The cookbook we got is not bad, but they seem to use the same veggies and spices and a LOT of supplements. I guess they want to sell more of those.
MRC absolutely works if you give it a chance. It isn't necessary to buy anything from them but the HNS (protein supplements). My advice is usually to start with the minimum. If you feel like you need extra help, you can add some of their extras. I do still use the MRC-6 - everything else I buy elsewhere (aside from the stuff I got when I bought the initial sign-up specials).
As far as the recipes go - I know it's easy to think "Oh, they're just trying to sell more HNS" when they suggest different ones, or they're in recipes. But the fact is you have to get in 2 (or 3 or 4) - whether you drink them or have pudding or put chicken boullion HNS in a recipe - it's all just different ways to fit in that HNS into your meal.
And welcome! Stick with the program, drink your water, get in some exercise and you'll see the weight come off.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/213/140

Height: 5"6

I agree with what everyone has posted. I totally agree that the diet does work if you stick to the plan. The problem that I have is the cost. I am a single mother who pays close to 800.00 in daycare and then to pay for all the vitamins that they want me to take. I am now buying most of them at Wal-mart. I am curious as to what everyone else is taking.
They have me taking: All Day weight loss
MRC-6
CortiTrim
B-6
B-12
Flax
Chrioumin?
MSM
Muilt Vit
Coq10
I have been doing really good on the plan, but last week I lost motivation and when I went to WI I had gained a pound. The toughest times for me is dinner and trying to be creative and cook something that I like and my son would like. Well good luck to everyone, I also wanted to say that it is so nice to have found this site and to know that there are women out there going through the same issues.
Slimmerthenever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #8  

Default What?

That's not right. The only stuff they told me to take were the vitamins, flax and supplements 3x/day. Everything else is only if you want to take it. I started on MRC-6. Frankly I am not a believer in vitamins, herbs, minerals, so unless someone proves to me that they DO make so much difference I am not buying anything else. The company makes money mostly from the additional sales, not as much from the fees, so they' re pushing it more. If all of these vitamins/herbs were so great for losing weight don't you think we would hear about them in the media as a breakthru? It's what you believe in, if it helps you mentally, more power to you and than it's worth it.