Exercise! - C25K and 30 day shread???

View Full Version : C25K and 30 day shread???

JamieJo
10-23-2008, 10:46 AM
I know some of you are doing the C25K and the Jillian 30 day shread. Can you tell me how it's going? I know I'm kind of sore the off days of running. Can I handle doing Jillian as well? I need to find something that motivates me on my off days, but haven't found it yet. Been thinking of trying the 30 day shread. Anyone have any input?

dixied
10-23-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm only on Week 2 of the C25K, so I'm not dealing with any soreness yet. I'm actually fighting to keep myself from jogging on the off days, but I've kept up my normal hour of walking on those days.

I'd really like to alternate the two of them, I certainly don't think it would hurt anything. I was planning to wait until after this week to start the 30DS. I tried Day 1 earlier in the week, but TOM is here and those jumping jacks were killing me. It felt like a bad mammogram times a thousand.

What week of the C25K are you on?

bethbeth
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I did C25K several months ago and loved it! I have never been a runner, and it was a tough program for me, but I was so proud of myself for finishing it and then being able to run 5K's.
I just started doing the Shred last week and have done it 6 times. I really like it. It is short, but really makes you work. I like how it involves strength training and cardio at the same time. You do need some light weights (like 3-5 pounds).