Old 10-22-2008, 05:25 PM   #1  

Default inbetween lunch and dinner

I'm having a hard time keeping full with a snack around 4oclock. I think it might be because Its going to be that time of month by the end of the week, and I usually get more hungry around then. I had about 40 calories worth of wasa crackers and a laughing cow wedge of cheese and then I had to have some fruit because my stomach was rumbling out of control. Does anyone have any good fool-proof 100 calorie snacks for keeping full until dinner?
ssmiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

I do WW, but thought I'd chime in - I eat 7-8 small meals a day because that works better for me! I find that if I have protein or fiber each time I eat, I keep fuller longer

Here are some of my snack ideas to tide me from lunch to dinner

1 slice 60-80 cal/slice bread, mustard, 1 oz deli ham (about 20 cal), baby spinach

1 Mission Carb Control tortilla (80 cal) with cheese, leftover chicken, or deli meat

Fiber One Bar

Light string cheese or cottage cheese

Apple

Pita (80 cal) stuffed with lettuce, spinach, mushrooms

Not sure the cal on this but - hard boiled egg wrapped in lettuce leaf

leftover chicken wrapped in lettuce leaf
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

When my stomach's grumbling before dinner, my go-tos are:

a piece of fruit
half cut of yogurt and a tablespoon of dried coconut
half of a high-fiber english muffin and a scrape of peanut butter
a cup of chicken broth (only 10 calories!)
and a course a wedge of the almighty Laughing Cow
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

That really depends on when you eat dinner. 100 calorie snacks won't hold me more then 2-3 hours.

Some good snacks are celery sticks with peanut butter (a couple small sticks with 1T peanut butter), 3/4oz of cheddar with 1c of snap peas, or carrot sticks with 2T of hummus.

If 100 calorie snacks don't cut it for you, then maybe you could up your snacks to 150 calories and cut somewhere else? I find my hunger goes in spurts, some days I'm more hungry then others.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #5  

100 calories won't hold me more then 2-3 hours either, but thats fine because I only need it to hold me for that period of time and it won't even hold me over for an hour! I could always up my snack to 150 but I just hate how I have 100 calories of a good protein and fiber mix and my stomach is still growling 5 minutes after it. I love carrots and hummus and apples are a great idea. Thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/169/130

Height: 5'5

I generally am not able to snack between lunch and dinner- for about three hours afterwards, I'm at work, then I go to the gym (and it's so much easier-for me- to go to the gym on an empty stomach, and after that it's dinnertime. *shrugs*

Although, I do find the Fiber One bars to be good at tiding me over when I need it. They're 140 calories, but they're also very sweet.
butterflyangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Between lunch and dinner is my toughest time too. I finally decided that what worked for me was to have 2 snacks during that time.

So my day looks like...

Breakfast
Lunch
Snack
Snack
Dinner
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

What time do you usually eat dinner? My afternoon snack is usually around 3or 4 and i eat dinner around 6:30, I usually eat an apple with string cheese, or popcorn. I like to eat things that take longer to eat instead of something like yogurt which i can eat in five seconds. I like carrots with lf ranch too.
The few days before my period i always allow myself more snacks though or else i get famished and eat everything in sight. I let myself eat as much as i want as long as it is healthy. Sometimes i go over in calories for the day but i'd rather go over 200 cals worth of carrots than 1000 calories worth of chocolate brownies.

Is there a way you can eat dinner earlier if your snacks aren't holding you over, or perhaps you could work another snack into your day like Motomichelle suggested.
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #9  

Thanks for all the advice, I'm glad I'm not the only one with the time of the month overeating problem. I usually have a snack around 4 and dinner around 6:30 and I too need something of high volume. The popcorn is a great idea, those 100 calorie portions have a lot of popcorn and its a whole grain. I also just bought kashi vive.. it has some impressive stats so I'll let you all know if it holds me over
Old 10-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/160/155

Height: 5'8"

My latest favorite for a satisfying (almost) 100 cal snack is a mini pita (70 cals) with 2 tablespoons of eggplant hummus (35 cals). I sprinkle fresh parsley on top usually. It really is delicious and I feel like I am eating a mini meal.
blanna is offline   Reply With Quote