Old 10-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #1  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Default new here, but not to 3FC

I'm busy. I'm a single mom. I work crazy long hours (60+/week). I'm thinking MF might be a great EASY solution for me and still allow me a healthy dinner every night with my son. I have about 70-ish pounds to lose, but honestly, I'd be happy just to see onederland again. I'm wondering how awful the first couple of days on MF are. Also, since this is low carb and there's some room for "snacks" (celery! woo-hoo! NOT!), does anyone know how many non-5 carbs are "allowed"?

--K
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #2  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Hi Jane,

I love Medifast! After trying EVERYTHING it was my last hope.

Happy to report it works!

Now, I do 5&1 and don't eat the optional snacks. But the super thing about MF is there is 5&1, 4&2 and you can add snacks or not add them.

I haven't had the MF snacks but they offer Soy Crisps and Crackers for snacks and they are lower in carbs.

So you have many options.

Everyone is different. The first three days were not awful for me, now the third day was the worst, I was HUNGRY, but then on the fourth and fifth day I went into the mild state of ketosis that Medifast produces and the Hunger was GONE! Again, this is my experience. I had a lot to lose, so I am not sure it's not much easier for those with less to lose. I got a headache, took some advil and it went away. For me, the tiredness was the hardest part, How I dealt with that, was slept. Funny I know. But it was all so worth it, I have SO much energy! And I am rarely hungry.

Not sure what your last question is, sorry I guess I am slow. "grin"

But on MF you cosume between 80 and 100 grams of carbs a day.

Welcome and If you have any questions, we are all here to support you!

Dan-O
DanLovesMedifast is offline   Reply With Quote