Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #144

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #144

sami
04-19-2002, 09:10 AM
This is a group of Christian who offer a lot of support and prayer.
Everyone is Welcome! Please Join us.

sami
04-19-2002, 09:20 AM
Blessing this Morning,
I had to start a new thread That is great!!!! I just have a few min so forgive me for not addressing everyone. Baby Madison is doing great. Keep her in your prayers she still has a long way to go. Someone ask if I was close to the family. They go to our church and I have know the father since he was 12. I am close to his family. Our Church is pretty close knit. My F-I-L may get to come home today to live out his days. He hates it in the nursing home so we are going to bring him home to let him go in peace. I have had another great week this week. Thurday was tough I felt hungry all day so I add an extra snack and I felt better. Got to go I am keeping all of you in prayer.

Where is all our MIA's? Sherry how are you? And all the others We miss you.

Sami

Zoe
04-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Hello my friends ~ posting this again since is was at the end of the last thread.....

Just a quick note, can’t stay……we had a BIG storm here this week, lots of thunder and lightening and a TORNADO that touched down only 5 blocks from my house!! What a fright! Anyway, the lightening fried my cable modem and they don’t just let you come get another one. You have to make an appt. and let them come do it for you. Pooh! So I am typing this from work but too busy to ‘chat’. I miss you all……hopefully I’ll be back up and running next week.

Have a great weekend.

Zoe <><

ECmom
04-19-2002, 06:25 PM
Hi!
Just a quick hello. Sami- great news about baby Madison. I will continue to pray for FIL and your family.
Zoe- praise the Lord that you are ok after the tornado! Thanks for letting us know that you are ok.
Gotta go make dinner. Thanks for the prayers about my new job.
The Lord has really shown me that this is the right move for me at this time.......and that the organization I have been working for for so long no longer is where I should be. He has given me such a peace about this. I will fill you in later.
Have a blessed evening.\
Ginny

wilma12
04-19-2002, 11:05 PM
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that DS and I made it home safely. It seemed like a long trip and I'm very tired. It's off to bed early for me tonight.

Talk to you tomorrow!

ECmom
04-19-2002, 11:27 PM
Wilma,
Praise God for your safe return. I hope that you rest well tonite. We are glad that you are home.
Ginny

sami
04-20-2002, 01:50 AM
Zoe-How scary...................I am so thankful you are alright! The Lord was watching over you. I will pray for fast service on your modem! We will miss not seeing your post more often.

Wilma-The Lord was watching over your DS and he is home safe and sound. Did he have any luck with the Job?

Ginny-Is it ok if I ask where you are working? I will pray for your DH who is still working at the other Job. How is your DS?

Had a good day and Praying that the scale rewards me on Mon>
Sami

Doin It Right
04-20-2002, 12:03 PM
Happy Weekend Chicks, and Gary

I am going to start a new plan. I plan to eat 5 times a day and stay aroung 1200 calories, concentrating on more vegetables, and protein from chicken, fish, soy, and beans. I am asking that you pray for me and I will be praying more for this group. I also plan to exercise 5 times a week with a 35 min walk. I will try to post more about ideas the Lord gives me, scriptures, and encouragement.

I am listening to a tape from Joyce Meyers, entitled THE ANSWER TO EVERY PROBLEM. Basically it is the power of hope. Hope in the Lord. And we truelly have the hope that tomorrow will be different and better.

DD is still with the mono, and not in school. I plan to take her for a drive today to get her out the house and a change in scenery. Please pray she is able to return to school soon, maybe next week at least half days.

Love in Christ, De

EZMONEY
04-21-2002, 08:06 PM
Hi Everyone--
Hope you all had a great day! I sure did- went to church this a.m., out of town about 20 miles in the country to a antique show and craft fair. Then my wife and I drove thru the countryside for a couple of hours just smelling all the blossoming orange trees-- it was a very nice way to spend the day-- she is out in the gym room now doing weights while I burn off the calories typing on tis keyboard. I had a pretty good few days here-- took Fri. off to take my son up to a track meet-- he had his best day ever in the high jump!! There were alot of kids there, 28 in his event alone-- schools from all over the U.S.- the U.K. and Austrailia. Worked yesterday to make up for Fri. then went to step-D softball game.
DE- I pray the mono ends soon for your DD- ZOE- we are all thankfull for your safety in the close call-WILMA- how did job hunting go for the boy? HI Sami and Ginny-- and all-- Gotta go-- Leaving you in the Love of Christ--Gary

doitforme
04-21-2002, 11:37 PM
I am glad to hear baby madison is doing better, Glad to hear your all right as well Zoe. Hope your up and running soon. We miss you! That's scary when it's that close, praise God we can find comfort in the Lord, when things like that occur. ECMOM glad to hear your enjoying the new job, that is important. Its important to feel like your where you think the Lord wants you. Gary sounds like you had a busy week. With all the sports meets and stuff, its nice that you made time to enjoy the Lord's day. I really enjoyed church this morning. The pastor was discussing Rahab, and the question was is it ever okay to lie to protect someone else, or lie in the name of love. (She is the lady from Jericho that lied to the pursuers, whenthey asked if the sons of Israel were there She said know, when she had hid them on the roof. Joshua Chap. 2 ( We decided that its human to lie when in such a situation, but we shouldn't we should have faith enough to know God doesn't need our assistance through sin to have things go the way He wants. It was a great discussion! De, I also enjoy Joyce Meyer she is very energized. I leave for a short vacation in New Hampshire , to the White Mountains for 3 days. So, I'll check back in Wed. evening . God Bless

losing4good
04-22-2002, 10:49 AM
Good morning all!

I couldn't believe the scale this morning.... I have one of those mini-doctor's type... the kind with a leveling weight on one end so you can always be sure it's zero-ed... I moved it to 3 different places in the room, re-zero-ing it everytime... still said the same thing. I lost 3.5 lbs last week!!! :dizzy: :D That puts me below my first mini-goal, and at a total loss of 20 lbs since I started 10 weeks ago. Yeah!!!!!!

If you happen to think of it, please be praying for the musical/drama our church is doing. The first show is Friday night, and there is still so much left to do. :?: Pray for everyone involved, and especially for the unsaved people who will come to see it.

Ginny - hope your "homework" is going well!!!! Just remember, if you start getting discouraged, start singing your new theme song. "The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round......" :D

Patricia
173/153/138 (next mini)/105ish (final)

wilma12
04-22-2002, 11:18 AM
It's a bright sunshiney day here today! It feels so springlike. You can't help but be in a good mood!

I went for a 1 mile walk yesterday. I hope to increase the distance over time. It felt great to get out there. This am I did some weights. It felt good to loosen some of those muscles.

Please pray for DS #1. He has his job interview this am at 10:00. It looks pretty good for him that he'll get the job and he's really pumped about it. This also means he gets a free membership to golf as much as he wants. Great incentive to do a good job.

Patricia: WOW! Way to Go!! You're doing awesome.

doitforme: Have a wonderful holiday It's so nice to be able to get away isn't it?

Gary: It soounds like you had a wonderful, relaxing day yesterday. It also sounds like you have a really neat relationship with your wife. God has blessed you!

De: Good luck on your new program. Keep us up to date on how you're doing!

Sami: Is your FIL moving in with you or is he going to his home? I'm praying for all of you.

Ginny: How is the new job going or have you started it yet? It's exciting and scary at the same time.

Zoe: I'm so glad that you're okay. Keep in touch whenever you can! Have a really great day!

ECmom
04-22-2002, 04:14 PM
Hi!
Wilma- it is so good to hear that you got out for a walk and did some excercise! Makes you feel like a new person:) . And good that spring has arrived in Manitoba. But did you have to send winter back here to New York????????:lol: (we might be getting some snow tonite)
Patricia- great job losing that weight and making your first goal!!!!

Oppsssssssss- gotta go- Dd needs something. I will get back on later and address the rest of you.
Ginny

pravda
04-22-2002, 07:27 PM
So, I can tell it is Monday!
I am so not in a good mood at all. I have been trying to sing praise songs all day long in my head, trying to make myself feel a little better. So far, not so good!

The weekend was not much better. My washing machine went out, my A/C is still not fixed and it is going to cost us 300.00 to fix the compressor, a new outside unit! I am not happy about that, but my dh reminded me that it could be a lot more money on the A/C. We are getting out cheaper than most.
As far as the washer, on of our friends has one is torage that they had when they were in there house, but the moved to an apartment, so we are going to be borrowing theirs. In the end, GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL!!!!!

Baby Callie is doing much better. She is eating formula, lungs are growing and stable. Blood gasses are coming back better and better. GOD IS GOOD!

I am hoping that all my blood work comes back with good news. For all who do not know, I am trying to get pregnant. I went this morning to get a blood test done to see if the fertility drugs they have been giving me are working! I am so high strung over this. My dh husband said I was obsessed with it! I am beginning to believe him!
I have eaten more junk in this weekend than I have in a few weeks! I had popcorn, ate out 3xs, and ice cream. I have to stay on focus but it is not easy for me, I am a stress eater. The more down and stressed I feel, the more junk I want!

Wilma- glad that you got out and excercised, dont you feel better?

Ginny-Is it snowing in New York yet? Wow, that is hard to believe, it was warm in Texas all weekend.

Zoe-Glad you are ok!

Patricia-Congrats on the weight loss!

Well, I know I missed that a lot of people!
I must get back to work.
Pravda

Gutchie
04-22-2002, 10:31 PM
Another good week begins, 2 lbs. down = 5 lbs. so far

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend, God is Great.
So good to hear of the baby's continued growth. Our prayers are with you Madison.
My prayers are leaving Southern Ontario, to each of you.

April showers as Pat Boone sings are upon us here today, much needed rain in this farming area. ( Pat Boone? yep ages me eh?)

I also, am a Joyce Meyer booster, what great work she is doing for our Lord. She and Dr. Laura are certainly keeping women on the path to "better", all we have to do is listen. GOD, His Word, and teachers, asking us to listen. My motto is, I may not be able to help a whole lot, but, I can make a difference in my own little corner of His World, right here, in my own back yard.

Hugs to you all, from my little corner of His Earth!

Sister Joanne
196/191/aiming for 145 @ least.

wilma12
04-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Hi! We are getting a much needed rain. Even though I want it to be dry the farmers are crying for the moisture. At least, so far, it's not snow. :rolleyes:

I got in a walk after work yesterday. I put supper in the oven and went out. I am not pushing myself to go too far but I have to go a little further than I did yesterday. It does feel good! I also did my 10 minutes of weights this am. I like how it loosens me up for the day.

Thanks for your prayers concerning DS's job. He was hired!! He starts on Monday so that gives him a week to rest up from school and get some things together that he needs for work. He's really excited about it He thinks he gets a free membership to golf which adds to the appeal.

Gutchie: It's so good to see you back on track. Keep up the great work!

Pravda: Isn't God great? Even when things aren't going the way we want them to He has an answer. I'm so glad that Callie is doing so well. Let's pray that she doen't have any physical problems.

Ginny: I'm sorry you got the snow. I'm just glad it's raining here and not snowing!

I love the new home page!

Have a great day!

ECmom
04-23-2002, 12:40 PM
Good afternoon!
Pravda- great news about baby Callie!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Wilma- glad that you have gotten some rain and walking time in!
Joanne- WTG on losing another 2 #. Well done!
I have another busy day- lots to do. It seems as though this entire week will be "all out" at least until I get to Friday. It might slow down then.........maybe a little...........? Aw, I do not mind.
I am thankful that I have been able to keep up with most of what I must get done. And someday, my house will get clean!:lol:
Off to go to the bank and drive Dd to a party. I hope to get my walk in this afternoon and will hopefully finish off this day without eating too much. I have really been slipping up in that department the past few days.
Gotta go.
have a great day.
Ginny

sami
04-25-2002, 09:36 AM
Blessing this morning,
It has been a stressful week for me and since I am a stress eater it has been tough. My FIL came home (he lives with my B-I-L) He is wasting away to nothing! I look at him and wonder what is keeping him here? He was a big guy in June when he had the stroke he weighted about 270 (he at one time weighted about 400) and to see him now is heart breaking! Please pray for my family to make it through this hard time. My work right now is VERY stressful. We are very short on Payroll so everyone has to step and do more than our share but of course there are some who don't even do there share!!!!
Thank you for letting me vent sorry I can't address everyone but got to go and get the kids to school so I can have some pease around here!

Have an OP day!
Sami

ECmom
04-25-2002, 10:12 AM
Good morning!
Wilma and Sami (and everyone else out there.....must be a busy week)- good to see your posts. I hope that each of you has a blessed day.
Sami- you have been thru a lot recently and the trials still come.
I will keep you and FIL and your family in prayer.
Ginny

wilma12
04-25-2002, 11:09 AM
It sure is quiet around here! Hopefully everyone is out there walking!!

Sami: I will definitely keep your family in my prayers. I know that this is a difficult time for you.

Ginny: The cleaning always waits for us doesn't it? I feel kind of guilty that I'm going away to a wedding the weekend. I have so much to do at home. I do have 2 days off next week so I'll be able to catch up then.

Do you remember my asking for prayer for DS's friend Shawn who has Hodgkin's disease? I thought it was about time for an update on how he's doing. He had tests done this past week and the xrays showed that his tumour has shrunk 80% already. Praise the Lord! We're so excited about this.

Well, I should get going and get some work done.

All you MIA's. Please come back. We need you!

Have a super day!

wilma12
04-26-2002, 11:11 AM
Please come back. I need you!!

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning to go to a wedding. I won't be back until Sunday sometime. I'll connect back with you then. Looking forward to reading lots of posts.

Have a wonderful day!

doitforme
04-26-2002, 01:15 PM
Hi! Just got back from vacation from the White Mountains, had a great time, ate to much, but was really fun. Glad to hear that the babies are doing good. Sorry to hear you week has been so stressed. I'm on vacation, so mine has gone pretty well. Gotta run, just popped in to catch up, and say Hi!:wave:

EZMONEY
04-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Hi Ladies-- I have not done a good job of posting this week Really busy at work, etc. SAMI I am still keeping your in-laws in my prayers--so sad. I also hope you get the help at work that you need. Hi to WILMA and GINNY and the rest of you. SUE- eating too much on vacation is ALLOWABLE!!
Just about to wrap up the kids college tennis and track seasons9 a little bit of a bummer for me-- I always miss it, however the break is nice--Daughter ends today (the league championships-she isn't playing though, only the top 6 and she is #7) my son has a couple more weeks of track left, this may be his last year though--he is eligible for 1 more year but he probably won't do it because the high school coaches want him back to assist them in track, cross-country and basketball--we shall see- he has tried to do both before but with school, work,coaching and his own sports it was just tooo much!! So he took this year off of coaching. Step-D is just about finished with her reg. season softball but she will make ALL-STARS so it may be a LONG summer at the ball-field---DS hit his 1st ever GRAND SLAM in his mens league softball game last night--still lost 22-12!!
WELL I will catch up later--IN HIS BLOOD--Gary

Zoe
04-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Hello my friends :wave: I'm fixed, I'm fixed, my modem is fixed!! :D I can't believe that the cable company wouldn't just let us go get another modem and bring it home, plug it in and be done with it. NOooooooooo, they want to make an appt to come to the house (and not imediately either as you have seen) and then not just fix it but try to find something else wrong. Thank goodness I had my computer whiz son Chris here to wait for them. Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm back up and running and so glad to be back online. I've missed you all!

Nothing new, unfortunately, the same old stuff....work and home, busy and busy. Ha! We will be leaving next Saturday afternoon for Williamsburg, VA for vacation. We're only going to be gone from Saturday through late Wednesday but 5 days is 5 days. I need to get away.

I need to re-read all your posts and will pray for any needs and concerns here. Wilma, praise God for Shawn and that news!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Keep looking up and He will sustain you :strong:

Doin It Right
04-27-2002, 10:03 PM
I am back, hoping to be posting more often. My dd is doing alot better. She went to school 1/2 days this week. And she has alot more energy this weekend and a smile on her face.

I am doing alot better with my health. I saw a new doctor on Tuesday for a second opinion and she found I had a hormone imbalance. I feel better already with only 4 days on meds. And my eating is much better. I feel alot less stressedtoo. I walked so far 2 times this week but will try to walk tomorrow. I really want to increase to 5 times a week. I also am doing the Walk Away the Pounds videos 1 and 2. Haven't tried 3 yet. I will have to work up to that.

Keeping all of you in my prayers. Have a blessed Sunday.

De

sami
04-28-2002, 10:59 AM
Blessing to all,
I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry about not posting as often but I have been busy work on a scrapbook of my F-I-L life to give to my husband. My F-I-L is still not eating he is nothing more than skin and bone he is under 100 lbs now and it is sooooooo sad to see some one go through this.

De-So glad you saw another DR. and that your DD is doing much better. Will keep on praying for her continued improvement.

Zoe-YEAH your back!!! We have missed you! Enjoy your Vacation and when you get back you will be ready to get back OP!

Wilma-I am here! Sorry to be away so long. I have been so busy doing the scrapbook. From my scrapbook my kids are learning a lot about thier heritage. Enjoy the wedding! I will pray for a safe trip. And thanks for the update on your sons friend! God is Soooo Good!

Gary-Way to go on your sons GRAND Slam! How is the gym going?

Doingitforme-Sounds like you had a nice vacation! Did you stay in cabins or hotel?

Ginny-Thank you for your prayers. The prayers are what keeps me going. I am so stressed since my F-I-L has been so sick we go see him several times durning the week and on Sat and then we are gone on Sunday to church so we haven't gotten to spring clean our house and it starting to show!!!! (I have to admit but I still have my Christmas Village up in my plant window)

Pravda,Patrica,Gutchie, You are missed Post soon!

Prayers for an OP day,
Sami

Gutchie
04-28-2002, 06:34 PM
God Bless each of you, on this the Lord's Day.

Today finds Southern Ontario foggy/cloudy/ and rainy. The April showers are bringing new green everywhere and now loads of puddles. Tomorrow will see my precious 3yr. old grandson Ryan desiring to jump in each and every one of those. Grandmother here, allows it, with boots on. One day his sister and myself in the heat of a rainy summers day, put on our bathing suits and had a riot in them. We quickly washed, dressed before her mom arrived home, our little secret. Grandmothers and grandchildren share those ;)

Tomorrow is WW's but alas these past 2 days have saw me misbehaving. Well, Tuesday will be the start of another week and a restart. ( I'm very good a re-starts )

Hoping each of you is safe, attending a wonderful God's Word Worship today. As I now depart for evening Worship I shall sign off.

With God all is possible,
Sister Joanne