Old 10-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

Angry Cheeze its!! its a love/hate relationship

ugh!!!!! I just wonder if anyone else has this ONE food that they can not control themselves around. mine is cheeze its. ever since I started my lifestyle change i have craved cheeze its. I do good most of the time and I can resist most things. but, for some reason when it comes to cheeze its, i have no control. I can't stop myself from eating them. I know i should just keep them out of the house, but i let myself have them once a week (on my cheat day) and then they linger around the house the next couple days. These evil things are my down fall. I wish they would just stop making them! I wish I could stop myself from craving them. I also wish I could stop myself from having a cheat day. Why can't i just eat to live instead of live to eat?
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5"1

I'm not in this club; so I hope its ok to resond...
but my kids LOVE cheez its!

here is what we have done;

(Do you have a kroger??) we get the Kroger brand reduced fat cheese its..(they have a diff. name)

for 36 of them; I think its like 3 or 4 grams of fat??

I bought them because I like the real ones too much and the kids too..maybe look and see if they have one where you are??

GL!
MarStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:36 AM   #3  

yes, i have tried the low fat ones. not from kroger, but i do like the low fat ones. I also get the 100 calorie packs. problem is: the 100 cal packs are just like a tease and the low fat ones are fine if I could stop myself from eating the whole box LOL. my kids love them too! whats not to love?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5"1

LOL I know..but I guess in the worst case scenario; at least if you ate a whole box of the lowfat ones..its not as bad as eating the other full fat variety!

GL honey!!

Mar
MarStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:59 AM   #5  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like Cheeze-its are one of your "trigger foods"... Honestly, I think you'd be much better off trying to avoid them at all costs. I know that sounds nearly impossible and you think that it'll just make your cravings worse and lead to a binge, BUT, I speak from experience--I am the exact same way with tortilla chips. I am SO ADDICTED to those things! Lol. But I keep it under control because I'm realistic with myself and I know that if I have one chip, I'm not going to look up again until the whole bag is gone! Heh. So the simplest solution to that is to STOP buying tortilla chips! I know you want to be able to indulge on your "cheat" days - since I'm being honest with you, I'll admit that I've never quite understood the rationale behind cheat days, either, heh - but trust me, it is not worth it! You can still allow yourself to have them every once in a while, but if you stop making it a habit then you'll start seeing the occasional handful of Cheeze-its as a privilege rather than a right LOL. For example, I used to be able to eat an entire bag of Tostitos in 1-2 sittings, but now it's been at least 2 months since the last time I had more than one chip at a time. If they're put in front of me at a party or something (i.e. a social situation where the other people around keep me from wanting to binge), I might have one and reeeally really savor it... And I've found that I actually do savor it now, whereas before I was just mindlessly cramming 4 or 5 of them into my mouth at once without really tasting it. And honestly - this may be hard to believe - but the more and more you say "no" and resist temptation, the easier it gets. I guess it's just a matter of changing the way you think: instead of saying "I shouldn't eat this box of Cheeze-its," you eventually get to the point where you think "I'm NOT going to eat this box of Cheeze-its." When you cut yourself off, it becomes a non-option... No deliberation necessary. I suppose this kind of approach doesn't work for all people in all situations, but it definitely works for me, so maybe you can give it a try. Good luck to you!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:35 AM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I saw the title of your thread and had to laugh!!! I share your cheeze it addiction!!! The problem is, I can eat a whole box in one or two sittings...gross, I know! I don't like the low fat ones either. I do buy the 100 cal packs, but save them for my lunch 'snack' at work. I just do not buy the big box to have in the house, I can't.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

If you can't trust yourself around a food, it might be better not to buy it. For example, in my fridge, because boyfriend and I share it with three other people and we have a semi-communal food rule, every day I look at open bags of snack-size candies, chips, cookies, crackers, muffins, cheeses, chocolates, sugar cereals -- all kinds of things that use to be trigger foods for me, but have absolutely no trouble resisting them whatsoever. The one thing I have a huuuuge problem with is (don't laugh) fat-free Cool Whip. I love it so much that I will eat entire container over the course of a day. I've only brought it into the house once, and when I did it was classic binge behavior -- I actually stayed up for a few hours the next time fighting the urge to sneak to the store and buy another tub. I know that I can never ever ever buy it again, because I will just eat the entire container and be upset with myself for binging.

If you don't give into the urges, they can't rule you, then they get easier to manage. If that doesn't work, you can look for the small few-serving containers of Cheez-Its they sell in some stores (about the size of a Grab Bag of chips, or sometimes you can find even smaller ones to put in children's lunches) -- maybe pick up one of those for your cheat day, so you can have the taste without as much guilt? Or if you want to be really drastic, you could buy a box of CheezIts, measure out one or two (or whatever you find appropriate) servings and throw the rest away immediately (pour soap on them in the trash can if you have to.) That makes the serving of Cheez Its kind of expensive, but honestly, isn't it worth a few bucks not to be afraid of accidentally eating 2000 calories' worth of them?

Good luck, girl!
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I've never been terribly fond of them, but my husband is addicted to them. He does a lot of the shopping and had taken up buying the snack-sized bags for my daughter's lunch. They did help him with serving control too, as he would eat at most two bags at a sitting instead of half a box.

But my daughter came and told us that they have trans-fat in them and she would not eat them anymore(!!!). It turns out that the nutrition info on the box says 0 g transfat because they define a small serving size and round down. The snack bags had to define a larger serving size and they had to fess up to .5 grams.

I'm proud of DD but I don't know what hubby will do now.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Maybe, once in a while you can put in your daily plan to stop at a convenience store (7-11, speedway) and get a very small snack bag of it. Then you won't be tempted to eat the whole bag. I sometimes do that with dark chocolate.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/159/130

Height: 5'6"

I love Cheeze-its. Except, I loathe the fat-free and reduced fat ones...it's the regular all the way for me! Fortunetly, I've never been a big binger, so I can control myself on them and only eat a serving.

I have a problem with walnuts though. They're a healthy food, but I can't buy those big costco packs...once it's open, I could probably blow 1000 calories on walnuts alone! haha. So I buy those little packets from the baking isle and use them in my oatmeal and yogurt, etc.

The last time I bought one of those 5lb bags at Costco though...it was gone in 2 days.
inanesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #11  

Wink

Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions. All of these are good suggestions. although i think the best thing for me to do is just pretend they dont even exist anymore. Dont have them in the house, dont ever buy them again! I think they are my trigger and I am going to try to just do with out them. If i only have one serving then it will just be a tease and i will eventually find a way to have more. I need to just go cold turkey thanks again
Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #12  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

For me, there are 3 things that I can't have around:

Chicken wings
Candy Corn
Mini Reeses PB cups.

All of these create this uncontrollable urge to stuff my face. The wings aren't too much of a problem - because I don't make them at home.

The other 2 items can't enter the house, and DH knows not to bring them in. I was at my parent's house last week, and they had candy corn. It was like I couldn't get it into my mouth fast enough LOL!

I have trouble with the 'having a little bit' of those foods, so I really just stay away from them.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #13  

Height: 5'9"

The one food I CAN NOT control myself around is POTATO CHIPS. Any flavour really, I just love them. Love is probably an understatement.
If they are in my house and I see them I will CRAVE them and eventually break down - so, if they are in my house people HAVE to hide them from me.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Cheez-its are one of those things that most of the time don't tempt me AT ALL. ZIP. Then, about once a year maybe, they hit the spot. Weird. Hot dogs too.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote