Old 10-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default Delicious Dinners...what's on YOUR menu?

What does everyone have planned for dinner this week (or today, if you're not a weekly planner)? I love hearing new ideas!

Today - Roasted pork tenderloin, marinated in soy, ginger, and garlic, brown rice and lentil pilaf, kale sauteed with garlic.

Tuesday - Stuffed lean burgers on sourdough toast (I stuff them with laughing cow wedges and dijon mustard, and top with caramelized onions), side salad

Wednesday - Pork Chile Verde w/ peppers, onions, and zucchini, served on whole wheat tortillas with olives, salsa, and fat free sour cream

Thursday - Whole Wheat Pita Pizzas (Pita, pizza sauce, light cheese, grilled chicken, broccoli, red onion, olives), side salad

Friday - Grilled chicken skewers, roasted butternut squash cubes, steamed broccoli
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Here's the plan for this week:

Monday - gingered salmon filet, brown rice of some kind (I like the pilaf idea), and cabbage sauteed in garlic

Tuesday - Grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, sesame-soy broccoli

Wednesday - Baked pork chops with sauteed mushrooms, onions, and garlic, asparagus

Thursday - Crock pot stew with chunks of lean beef, onions, mushrooms, carrots, new potatoes, and whatever other goodies I can scrounge up (probably a splash of red wine as well). Probably a spinach salad on the side.

Friday - Some friends are having us over for baked salmon burgers. We're taking whole grain buns and asian cole slaw so I can stay on track. Then bowling afterwards ...

Saturday - Burgers on the grill (beef/turkey burgers) on whole grain buns, with blue cheese for me. Probably just a big platter of chopped veggies and fruit for snacking on while watching the ball games.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Photo - they take about the same time and amount of water to cook. I cook an onion and a clove of garlic in the bottom of my saucepan until soft, add the lentils and brown rice and "toast" a bit, then add chicken broth (I use 1/2 cup lentils, 1/2 cup rice, 2 cups broth, for 4 servings) and spices (depends what I'm serving with...saffron, cumin, chili powder, curry, etc are all options). Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 45-50 minutes and you have pilaf.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #4  

That sounds yummy. Def going to try that tonight!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

MON - vegan mac & cheese (tofu & nutritional yeast based) w broccoli in it (I'm not vegan, but want to try it)

TUES - salad: brown & wild rice, grilled veggies w orange dressing, kidney bean, pine nuts, maybe some feta

WED - tagine w veggies, chickpeas, raisin; toast w avocado

THURS - pumpkin & caramelized onion baked ziti (w tofu/cashew "ricotta"); green salad

FRI - veggie burgers (homemade), open face on multi grain sprout bread w sauteed onion & mushroom, avocado, mozzarella, fresh homemade salsa, tomato, lettuce

SAT - nachos w fresh homemade corn tortilla chips, black beans & corn, avocado, fresh homemade salsa, lettuce, mozzarella
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Wow...these menus sound great!

Tonight: Chili con carne, celery stuffed with fat free cream cheese and sprinkled with paprika.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-20-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #7  

Quote:
pumpkin & caramelized onion baked ziti
*drool*

Holy smokes my stomach just started rumbling and I'm not even hungry. I love anything pumpkin. Would you be willing to share the recipe??

Old 10-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
*drool*

Holy smokes my stomach just started rumbling and I'm not even hungry. I love anything pumpkin. Would you be willing to share the recipe??

I will a little later, but I haven't made it before . But yeah, I had the same reaction .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
*drool*

I second that!! MmmMmm!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #10  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

this morning before I left the house for my 7am train- I put onions, tomatoes, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, capers, chicken bullion, thyme, oregano, basil, several bunches of baby spinach and chicken thighs into a crock pot.

hopefully it will be yum
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Today: Crustless spinach-artichoke quiche with feta cheese, with sweet corn spires on the side

Tuesday: Whole-wheat penne with roasted red pepper/onion sauce, slivered almonds and broccoli

Wednesday: African sweet potato stew (sweet potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes, green beans) and whatever side veggies I pick up from the mid-week farmers' market

Thursday: Whole-wheat calzones stuffed with onion, red pepper, spinach, and cabbage

Friday: Leftovers and steamed broccoli and spinach tossed in peanut sauce.
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Wow some of these menus sound awesome! Good thread too. I've got some new ideas now from people that I think successful in weight loss.

For the next several days my menu will be oatmeal for breakfast, sugar free popsicles and a variety of soups for both lunch and dinner as I am down and out at home with a very nasty case of strep throat.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #13  

Quote:
I am down and out at home with a very nasty case of strep throat.
Oooh ... my sympathies. I get strep about once ever 2 years and it's always a doozy. Hang in there.

I don't know if you can get them where you are, but when I'm sick I LOVE Edy's Whole Fruit popsicles. They're about 80 cals each and they do contain sugar, but no HFCS, which is a plus for me. They have no sugar added versions, but the ones with sugar have fewer artificial ingredients - so whichever makes you more comfortable.

And they have soo many flavors - lemon, lime, pina colada, strawberry, mixed fruit, etc.

Hm. I might have to have one for dessert tonight.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #14  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Tonites supper is grilled chicken breast with mrs dash southwest chipolte seasoning, grilled portebella shrooms, red & green peppers & onions all slathered on top. Plus a side of mini carrots for crunch & a big semi tart apple straight off my tree, sliced and dipped with peanut butter & raisins for a chewy & crunchy fall dessert!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #15  

Quote:
a big semi tart apple straight off my tree
*massive jealousy*

I miss my Meemaw's apple and pear trees.