Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Fabulous ways to eat Cottage Cheese?

luvja
10-20-2008, 09:49 AM
I used to think cottage cheese was repulsive - but I guess my tastebud's have changed, yay :yay:.
I've been putting defrosted frozen blueberries/ or field berries in my cottage cheese.
I'm not very creative when it comes to food/meal ideas.
So, I'm looking for some ideas, please. :)

raw23
10-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Oh... good stuff!! Tons of protein and tasty.

I usually eat it out of the carton. My mom likes to put cinnamon on hers. Peaches are good mixed in, too.

yoyoma
10-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I do like it sweet with different kinds of fruit For something different and spicy, you might try mixing in some salsa instead.

evilwomaniamshe
10-20-2008, 11:02 AM
The Only Way I Enjoy Lowfat Cottage Cheese Is With Red Or Green Seedless Grapes Mixed In & Sprinkled With Black Pepper. Yum!

luvja
10-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Interesting ideas, thanks for the tips. :)

Onsecondthought
10-20-2008, 11:53 AM
I absolutely love cottage cheese! I eat it almost every single day and I change it up depending on what I'm craving at that moment...

*banana, almonds and cinnamon
*banana, almonds and a packet of sugar-free hot cocoa
*apples, almonds and cinnamon (I microwave the apples for a minute until they get a little soft, let them cool, and then mix them in)
*peaches
*plums
*nectarines
*smushed raspberries

there's also a recipe on one of the the boards for pancakes made with cottage cheese, oatmeal and egg whites!! super yummy!!

JamieJo
10-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I REALLY like it with crutons...and lots of pepper.

Ija
10-20-2008, 12:29 PM
With raw almonds and maple syrup (real maple, not pancake syrup). So delicious!!!

peachcake
10-20-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't like it with anything sweet...

A plain baked potato with 1/2c cottage cheese (2%) is only 200cals and I LOVE it

For breakfast sometimes I have 2 egg beaters (60cals), 2 strips morning star bacon (60 cals) and I cook the bacon and crumble it into the eggs while they are cooking, then right before I eat it I top it with 1/2c cottage cheese. It's a protein packed 210cal breakfast.

kittycat40
10-20-2008, 02:52 PM
to make it feel like a real treat I put some fruit only jam in it.

urockmom
10-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Almost everyday breakfast:

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tbls. honey
2 tbls. walnuts

Yum! Yum! Yum!

stacylambert
10-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Ew, I don't like it sweet either. I kept trying to add fruit and jams and stuff to it and could never choke it down. Now I eat 2% straight from the carton, nothing in it at all, and I actually like it. The black pepper sounds good though.

kaplods
10-20-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't eat frozen dinners often, but when I'm craving lasagna, I'll buy a Smart One's or Michelina's lasagna (usually they're under 250 calories, so a little dinky for dinner by themselves). I add the cottage cheese to the dinner before cooking, usually or stir it in afterward and reheat a little longer to melt the cottage cheese. Then I'll make a salad and maybe another veggie. And dinky meal is now a little more balanced.

ToutDeSuite
10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Cottage cheese and pineapple is so yummy!

Schmoodle
10-20-2008, 08:36 PM
I love it with chopped cucumber, tuna, and pepper.
And I use it drained in lasagna dishes in place of the ricotta - I prefer the texture for this.
With sugar free apple butter it's yummy.
And for breakfast I'll have a chocolate cheesecake smoothie - 1/4 cup ctage cheese, a packet of NSA hot chocolate mix, 5 ice cubes, 1/2 cup milk, a dash of vanilla, blend until smooth.

Wolf Goddess
10-20-2008, 11:11 PM
I like to scoop out half of a small cantaloupe, fill it with 3/4 c. of lowfat cottage cheese, and sprinkle it with freshly ground pepper.

peachcake
10-21-2008, 01:23 PM
I had yet another baked potato with cottage cheese last night... I added some pepper and Garlic & Herb Mrs. Dash. It was super super yummy.

fiberlover
10-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Don't forget the protein pancakes!

Blend in a blender:
1 egg
1/3 cups oats
1/3 cup cottage cheese
dash of cinnamon
dash of vanilla

Cook this batter like pancakes. Yummy. You could certainly use these as a bread substitute as well. Some people put Splenda in these to make them sweet - but I don't.

This is what they look like.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/javaqueen/proteinpancakes.jpg

LLV
10-26-2008, 02:31 PM
I personally like it as is. But I also like putting it on baked potatoes and baked spaghetti squash. I also love it mixed with mashed potatoes as well. Anytime I have mashed potatoes, I break out my cottage cheese.

its4me
10-26-2008, 08:28 PM
I dice up tomatoes in mine. I will have to try the green onions in it too.

WaterRat
10-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Mmmmm. I like cottage cheese both sweet and savory. Try it with some peas and finely chopped sweet onions. For sweet, I like a mixture of either strawberries or raspberries and blueberries (it looks so patriotic :lol: ) I also sometimes mix in a spoonful of plain or vanilla yogurt for a smoother texture.

I make the pancakes slightly differently:

3 egg whites
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup oatmeal

Blend with water til it's the consistency you like. I like thin pancakes, so I add a fair amount of water and get several pancakes. If you like fat fluffy ones, start with no water and go from there. I like to top it with NSA applesauce with some cinnamon mixed in.

BlueToBlue
10-27-2008, 03:57 AM
I like my cottage cheese mixed with nonfat yogurt. I mix 1/4 cup FF cottage cheese with 1/2 cup FF Greek yogurt, stir in some splenda and some cinnamon, and top it with 1 oz of berries. It's my new favorite snack!

I also like to run it through the food processor, add sweetener, cinnamon, and fruit, and use it as a filling for crepes (I make crepes using Pat's recipe above). Running it through the food processor completely changes the texture; it gets very smooth and creamy.

peachcake
10-27-2008, 05:06 PM
fiberlover: Do those actually taste like pancakes? I often crave pancakes but bisquick recipes (even recipe for 2 people) makes SO many and I live alone. So are these actually tasty?

peachcake
10-27-2008, 05:07 PM
And do you think they'd be good with a scoop of Chocolate protein powder?

WebRover
10-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I like it cold and plain with a side of raw veggies.
I also like it in smoothies with or without yogurt, with fruit.

ghost
10-27-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't eat frozen dinners often, but when I'm craving lasagna, I'll buy a Smart One's or Michelina's lasagna (usually they're under 250 calories, so a little dinky for dinner by themselves). I add the cottage cheese to the dinner before cooking, usually or stir it in afterward and reheat a little longer to melt the cottage cheese. Then I'll make a salad and maybe another veggie. And dinky meal is now a little more balanced.

Me too, I like it with spaghetti or lasagna (prefer the texture to ricotta). I also like it with canned pineapple mixed in. I prefer the full fat version but after years of behaving myself and eating the fat free, the full fat is a little too rich for me and I get gut rot if I eat it so I stick with FF.

fiberlover
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
fiberlover: Do those actually taste like pancakes? I often crave pancakes but bisquick recipes (even recipe for 2 people) makes SO many and I live alone. So are these actually tasty?

I like them a lot. They aren't as fluffy as pancakes, but when you put a topping on them, they are quite good. I suppose you could flavor them any way you like!

As for the bisquick mix - I make single servings of that using 40 grams of mix (about 1/3 cup), and using 1/3 cup milk. It's just as easy to do that than make up a big batch.

peachcake
10-28-2008, 12:15 PM
I think I am going to try them this weekend... thanks!

bandit2
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Sometimes I blend it with mandarin oranges - comes out like a smoothie.
Very creamy.

dreamingescape
11-08-2008, 03:21 PM
i grew up loving cottage cheese with pepper and diced onion. mmmm.

but i also enjoy it with fruit sometimes, or a bit of strawberry preserves. took me a while to adjust to adding sweets to it since i always ate it either plain or with onions!

Annie Pele
11-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Sometimes for breakfast I top whole wheat english muffin halves with cottage cheese mixed with a little bit of splenda and cinnamon. Add a tablespoon of jam, fruit topping or fresh fruit and bake in the toaster oven. Tastes like a warm cheese danish!

Mollewogg
05-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Bump!

Diana3271
05-11-2012, 06:22 AM
Sometimes for breakfast I top whole wheat english muffin halves with cottage cheese mixed with a little bit of splenda and cinnamon. Add a tablespoon of jam, fruit topping or fresh fruit and bake in the toaster oven. Tastes like a warm cheese danish!

I do something similar! I like to toast English muffins, top those with cinnamon and pumpkin butter, then the cottage cheese. :drool: Good stuff! I will have this for dessert sometimes. I will also do the English muffins, cottage cheese, and sliced strawberries for a strawberry shortcake.

I also like to mix a small container of strawberry flavored Greek yogurt with the cottage cheese. It bulks up the strawberry yogurt without the extra sugar.

Another good thing is vanilla flavored Greek yogurt with cottage cheese on a toasted English muffin, sprinkled with cinnamon.

:drool: GOOD STUFF! :drool:

Mollewogg
05-11-2012, 08:16 PM
I've been eating in spread on whole wheat toast with a little spray butter :)

foxxyroxie
05-12-2012, 02:42 PM
I love cottage cheese any way I can eat it. But you guys did give me a few new ways to try it that sound yummy!!! Thanks!!!!

I make cottage cheese veggie dip. Put cottage cheese in blender and blend, adding a little bit of water to thin it out a bit. Add spices of choice, dill, lemon pepper, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder... whatever strikes my taste buds. Serve with raw veggies!!!

Softykins
05-21-2012, 03:37 AM
I wish I liked cottage cheese :(
You ladies are so lucky

krystalb
05-24-2012, 03:19 PM
I like mine mixed with applesauce, or I will use Mrs. Dash Table blend on it.

djs06
05-24-2012, 03:34 PM
On a sweet potato with cinnamon on top. Delish. (funny enough, I don't really like cottage cheese by itself)

katy929
06-03-2012, 05:16 PM
my favorite treat is strawberries with cottage cheese..lol..i will wait all day just to have some haha

i love cottage cheese, i can eat it by itself i swear

NerdyNurse
06-04-2012, 10:31 PM
For something savory I like to eat it with diced tomato, sometimes cucumber and Mrs. Dash. If I'm eating it sweet I'll mix in SF jam or a bit of SF dry jello mix. For a real treat mix in some pineapple to the jello cottage cheese...soo yummy!

Mollewogg
06-05-2012, 06:12 AM
I've been toasting a pita pocket, spritzing with spray butter, and stuffing it with a scrambled Egg Beater and some cottage cheese. YUM!

AwShucks
06-16-2012, 01:04 PM
I wish I liked cottage cheese :(
You ladies are so lucky

If you think you don't like cottage cheese, try a different brand. I've found that some are more salty than others (I like to add sweet things to it). I also don't like the chunky texture, so the first thing I do when I open a carton is blend it with my stick blender. Then, it's a whole 'nother animal!

I make a dip by adding cinnamon, ginger, all spice, dash of nutmeg, and brown sugar splenda to the carton when mixing and chill it a while for the flavors to blend. I love this with baby carrot sticks as dippers, and to me it tastes like carrot cake! :carrot:

Mollewogg
06-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Oooh the carrot cake dip sounds good! But I'll keep my chunks haha...the bigger the better! :)

AwShucks
06-20-2012, 01:39 AM
I just had a thought. I used to make a Caramel Apple Dip with low fat cream cheese and brown sugar splenda and Watkins caramel extract - the recipe was on the side of the flavoring box, I just made it SF and Low fat. I don't know why I couldn't try it with Cottage cheese. Sounds like it might be good with carrots or apple slices.

Mollewogg
06-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Has anyone ever done anything with chia seeds and cottage cheese? I came across this recipe and was thinking about trying it.

Cinnamon Ginger Chia Banana Pudding

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Daisy Cottage Cheese
- small banana
- teaspoon chia seeds
- cinnamon
- ginger slices

Directions: Pour all ingredients in bullet and blend. Refridgerate overnight.

JossFit
06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
I could eat cottage cheese all day every day! I prefer mine sweet, and I do some wacky things with it... some of my favorites;

Cottage cheese + sugar-free fat-free jello pudding mix (any flavor) + toppings. (For example, today I mixed cottage cheese with vanilla pudding mix and topped it with fresh raspberries. If you mix it up the night prior and let it sit in the fridge the texture is amazing! I'll also pop it in the freezer for about 90 minutes and eat it like ice cream. I add nut butters, fruit, mini marshmallows, crushed dark chocolate, etc. to it.)

Cottage cheese + peanut butter, almond butter, or chocolate hazelnut butter + Truvia

Cottage cheese + pumpkin puree + pumpkin pie spice + Truvia

Cottage cheese + cinnamon + Truvia + handful of crunchy cereal (I usually use Ezikel or Fiber One cereals) + slivered almonds

Cottage cheese + pinapple, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, chopped apple (or whatever fruit you like!)

I like it straight up with Truvia and cinnamon or with salt and pepper on occasion, but most of the time I use it as a base for a sweet treat.

Another neat thing I have been doing is using a sprinkle of those new Duncan Heinz Frosting Creations packets to change my cottage cheese into amazing new flavors (Chocolate Almond, Caramel, Mocha, etc.) for literally 2-3 calories. Those are awesome!

(And on a side note, I have used those Frosting Creations in oatmeal and mixed into plain Greek yogurt, or even sprinkled on popcorn!)

Mollewogg
06-22-2012, 04:19 PM
How much cottage cheese per pudding packet or per frosting creation packet do you use?

Thanks for all of the ideas BTW!

saef
06-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Now that peaches are in season: Cottage cheese with freshly sliced peaches and a sprinkle of nutmeg. This is my version of peaches & cream.

Cottage cheese and vanilla protein powder, which has to be very thoroughly mixed.

I've mixed the sugarfree, fat-free Jell-O pudding mix into Greek yogurt. I can't believe how thick it gets.

JossFit
06-23-2012, 02:24 PM
With the Frosting Creations mixes, just the TINIEST sprinkle will do... Seriously. Those are meant to flavor an entire HUGE can of super thick frosting mix, so for little things like cottage cheese, yogurt, and other recipes you can easily get 5-10 servings out of one packet.

With the Jello pudding mixes, I use 8g (which is one serving, or 1/4 of the package) and I add in water to thin it out and give it that pudding-like consistency... about 1/2 cup (which follows the package directions) but I eyeball it. Oddly the chocolate seems to get too runny, so it needs less water than other flavors.

Just now I had 170g Cottage Cheese, 8g butterscotch Jello pudding mix (with about 1/2 cup water), a sprinkle of cinnamon, 1 packet of Truvia, and then once that was all stirred up I added in 10g of mini marshmallows, 10g of chunky peanut butter and put it in the freezer for about 90 minutes. AWESOMENESS.

curvynotlumpy
06-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Love cottage cheese! So many great ideas from everyone!

I put 1%, low-fat cottage cheese on top of frozen whole-wheat waffles rather than syrup. I'll top that with fresh or frozen fruit or sugarless applesauce. Very filling and delicious.

mnemosyne
06-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Cottage cheese + Herdez Salsa Casera. Eat with spoon. Best stuff ever.

Also, it makes a great binder in tuna salad. As so:

Tuna Salad

1 can tuna fish
1/3 cup of cottage cheese
2 tblsp of mayonnaise
finely chopped red onion (1/4 to 1/2 onions?)
finely chopped celery (1-2 stalks)
about a tablespoon of capers
Lemon juice (1/2 lemon?)
A pinch or two of dill. More if fresh.
chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard

Mix together! Serve as you like it.

JossFit
06-28-2012, 12:20 PM
I like the salsa idea... seems like a good way to make a little snack of chips and salsa more filling... just a few chips (baked even) and the cottage cheese/salsa mixture would be a decent little nosh!

I just had 100g of chopped fuji apple mixed in with 170g of cottage cheese, 10g chunky peanut butter, and then sweetened up with Truvia and cinnamon. Nom nom nom.

amandie
06-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow, sooooo many ideas!!! I think I've already posted this once before but I'll post it again-

Bleu cheese crumbles mixed in with some cottage cheese makes a great dip for veggies. If you prefer ranch, you can use some hidden valley powder (for dips or salad dressing) OR homemade with chives, a bit vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and salt.

I love that stuff for salad "dressing" and it's protein packed to boot, too! I also sub cottage cheese for ricotta whenever making lasagna or whatever recipe asks for it because I always have it on hand, not ricotta.

JossFit
06-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Bleu cheese crumbles mixed in with some cottage cheese makes a great dip for veggies. If you prefer ranch, you can use some hidden valley powder (for dips or salad dressing) OR homemade with chives, a bit vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and salt.

Those are some fantastic ideas!

corinthian314
06-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Got this from my mother-in-law...

fat-free cottage cheese
lite cool whip
mandarin oranges
pineapple
1 pkg sugar-free orange jello mix.

Mix ingredients to your liking. I add raw pecans too....so good!

MOLE
06-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Anyone else tried the "KROGER" grocery store brand of cottage cheese--I think it is JUST wonderful compared to the others I tried first--it REALLY is GOOD!!! I NEVER thought I would ever REALLY like cottage cheese EVER--I thought it was just dairy STYROFOAM that was an EXCELLENT source of protien--till I had the Kroger brand Low-fat stuff!

I LOVE to eat 1/2 a cup of cottage on a small plate with one of those "LAUGHING COW" foiled-wrapped cheeses...the small 35 cal. wedges that have 1.5 fat--a couple bites of cottage cheese--then a bite of the Laughing cow cheese--GREAT snack--I LOVE it!!!

Mollewogg
06-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Someone mentioned mixing it with tuna salad...I've done the same thing with chicken salad.....very tasty!

smalltownok
07-20-2012, 10:53 PM
I LOVE cottage cheese... especially the full fat kind. But, I eat the fat free kind every morning for breakfast mixed with fat free/sugar free yogurt.

I love it also with chopped tomatoes and cucumbers... and I love it with fruit... or by itself! YUM!

sensualappeal
07-22-2012, 12:42 AM
I love whipping the cottage cheese with various add-ins. It's delicious and the texture becomes so airy and fluffy! Yum.

katkitten
07-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Thats a good idea to put it on a potato. yum :)

katkitten
07-23-2012, 08:04 AM
If you think you don't like cottage cheese, try a different brand. I've found that some are more salty than others (I like to add sweet things to it).

Good point. I eat Breakstone's brand cottage cheese. I tried Publix brand once and thought it was totally disgusting. If I had had that one first I would think I didnt like cottage cheese either. Lots of variety in tastes between the brands.

I love this thread. It is nice to see so many cottagecheeseophiles on here :D
So many great ideas. I am so simple and have only ever eaten it with berries or with pepper. But now I have so many things I want to try and a container of cottage cheese just waiting in my fridge!

Diana3271
07-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Has anyone here tried fat free ricotta cheese? I have never tasted ricotta plain before. I bought a container yesterday. I took a couple small bites tonight. I think I like it even better than cottage cheese. It has a different flavor than the cottage cheese. I think it almost tastes sweeter to me. I only had a small taste, so maybe I am wrong.

Only Me
07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
I had 1/2 cup tonight with 2 chopped up fresh, ripe peaches. I love that flavour combo.

Suzanne 3FC
07-24-2012, 09:39 AM
I used to make a delicious spinach casserole that used a lot of cottage cheese, with spinach, eggs, and parmesan cheese. Yummy, it was a family favorite for years.

I've not tried this, but I recently read that you can stir a tablespoon of cottage cheese into scrambled eggs at the very last second and it's supposed to be delicious.

Tifftastic05
07-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Another neat thing I have been doing is using a sprinkle of those new Duncan Heinz Frosting Creations packets to change my cottage cheese into amazing new flavors (Chocolate Almond, Caramel, Mocha, etc.) for literally 2-3 calories. Those are awesome!

(And on a side note, I have used those Frosting Creations in oatmeal and mixed into plain Greek yogurt, or even sprinkled on popcorn!)

Thank you! I read this and literally went straight to the store to hunt for the frosting creation packets. So excited to try out all the awesome flavors (especially mint chocolate!)

JossFit
07-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Thank you! I read this and literally went straight to the store to hunt for the frosting creation packets. So excited to try out all the awesome flavors (especially mint chocolate!)

Have fun! I added a sprinkle of the caramel flavored one to my Quaker Low Sugar Apple Cinnamon oatmeal this morning and made... Caramel Apple Oats! Nom nom nom :)

PinkLotus
08-01-2012, 05:38 PM
This might sound weird, but I love cottage cheese with a 1/2 cup of All Bran flakes mixed in...or 1/2 cup of Alpen cereal.
Gives it a little bit of texture...love it!!

Chubbygirl253
08-07-2012, 02:10 AM
my workout buddy and I hit a salad bar one day after we finished our workout. the salad bar had yummy ranch but it was the full fat stuff and my friend mixed just a little dressing into her cottage cheese and topped her salad with the flavored mixture. It was a good way to stretch a tiny amount of dressing with a full plate of salad.

I also like it on top of a baked potato instead of sourcream!

Or I like it with chives and tomatoes and a sprinkle of black pepper. mmm

ilidawn
08-07-2012, 03:50 AM
I personally prefer ricotta but it's so expensive I end up getting cottage cheese since its on sale more often.

Combos with cottage cheese I love so far are with salsa, fresh pineapple, salt & pepper, chilli sauce, and potato (I use it instead of milk and butter when I mash it)

Diana3271
08-07-2012, 06:49 AM
I personally prefer ricotta but it's so expensive I end up getting cottage cheese since its on sale more often.

Combos with cottage cheese I love so far are with salsa, fresh pineapple, salt & pepper, chilli sauce, and potato (I use it instead of milk and butter when I mash it)

I have been eating ricotta, recently, and really like it. I found a brand that is fat free. I can eat the whole container and it's only 210 calories. Unfortunately, I am a volume eater, so a 1/2 of cup of something doesn't do it for me. Do you think ricotta tastes sweeter than cottage cheese does?

Riddy
08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
This thread got me craving cottage cheese! :p

I had some yesterday - both with hot salsa added, and the pumpkin pie spices/Splenda. Both were fantastic, and I never would have thought to eat it those ways.

Thanks, chicks!

Riddy
10-14-2012, 02:42 PM
I was telling my mom about the salsa idea, and she suggested sliced up green olives. So yummy if you're a fan of cream cheese with olives.

SoMuchFattitude
10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Maybe I'm a purist, but I love cottage cheese. I eat it every afternoon for a snack with just salt and pepper on it.

pluckypear
10-17-2012, 10:24 AM
I used to think I hated cottage cheese but I love it. And what don't I eat with cottage cheese? Not much. lol I saw a thread like this on chowhound. Nice to see it here with healthy tips.

For lunch today I am having-
1 C fat free cottage cheese
1 can drained tuna
tons of freshly ground pepper
lemon juice
dried dill
diced red onion

Yummy!

I like it with,
applesauce and cinnamon
any kind of spicy pickles, capers and onion and lemon,
use it as a dip for pop chips plain or with dill or pepper
with jam or fresh fruit of any kind
I mix it into quick pan dishes at the last minute

Just so yummy.

MarjorieMargarine
10-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Add me to the list of those who love cottage cheese!

It seems like people have mentioned just about every way of eating it that I've ever thought of and then some!

I'd also encourage those who don't like cottage cheese to not only try a different brand, but maybe a different curd. I'm not very into the "small curd"- I much prefer the large curd. My husband hates the stuff, though, and I don't understand! It is one of the few foods I can eat every day and not get tired of.

kelijpa
10-24-2012, 08:11 PM
great thread, I never thought of salsa, I've always been a straight up with fresh ground pepper, or crushed pineapple, some great ideas here, will be picking up some cottage cheese next shopping trip.

DH likes it straight up, but he does like the sweet stuff, so maybe he'd like with some honey or syrup.

thanks for the great ideas chicks!
:sunny:

chaitea115
12-01-2012, 07:07 AM
i love ANY other kind of cheese , yuum ricotta. i just cant get used to cottage cheese...sorry! its so salty

Diana3271
12-01-2012, 07:42 AM
i love ANY other kind of cheese , yuum ricotta. i just cant get used to cottage cheese...sorry! its so salty

You may want to try Friendship No Salt Added cottage cheese: http://www.friendshipdairies.com/products/1-lowfat-no-salt-added-cottage-cheese.html

tacocat1
02-09-2013, 01:24 AM
I always have 1/2c low fat cottage cheese and 2 clementines for breakfast or as a snack. I love it!