South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 03:50 AM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Marvelous Monday Chat

Good morning ladies! I had to start up early this morning because I'm feeling so motivated to share my goal. Plus, I am excited that I already got started... Last week I wanted to get in four glasses of water a day and I did! Yay! Now this week's goal is to eat veggies with every meal. I already had my breakfast veggie sausages so I'm on my way to a great start to the week! Wahoo! I'm feeling very good about this week. I no longer feel like I'm trying to catch up on things, and feeling behind makes me feel panic-y, so this being on top of it all makes today a Marvelous Monday. I got Connor to school early and have already finished cleaning the bathrooms. When Avery finishes her breakfast we're going to head to the library for our weekly visit and then it'll probably be time to get Connor and Kadyn from school. When school ends at noon, the morning goes fast!

We're going to be busy this week! Tom has a follow-up appointment at the doctor today and then tomorrow Connor has a field trip to the Security Forces building for Cub Scouts and then martial arts. Wednesday is another Cub Scouts class at the chapel and on Thursday I have a dental appointment and Connor has violin and martial arts. Then Friday Tom has another doctor's appointment, which I have to take him to, but they have to sedate him so he gets the day off! Hopefully I'll feel this Marvelous by Saturday and won't have crashed!

Avery is just about ready so we're going to get ready to go. We have to bundle up because it's cold out this morning! There was frost all over on the way to school, and the sun just barely made it up before we left at 7:45! I can't imagine what it's going to be like in December...

Happy start to the week to you all!

Kara
Old 10-20-2008, 06:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, KARA! It's a cold one here, too. Just 35* right now! It sure sounds like a busy week ahead for you! Congratulations on getting caught up with things. I know the feeling well, it will nag at me until I finally get it done.

I put away our summer clothes yesterday and got out the winter stuff. I also went through everything and got rid of a lot of stuff we don't wear. It's a good feeling to have that chore done. The grandkids were over again yesterday, too, and we got to see little Tyler take his first steps. Oh, boy, now the real trouble begins. He is into everything and totally ignores us when told no.

This morning it's Curves first, then I'm finally going to get this package mailed to Caitlyn. We've been steadily adding things to it, I'm afraid it's going to weigh a ton! I'll be working late tonight, as the girls have piano lessons that don't start until 6. I hate that, we're going to have to see about getting the time changed.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Way to go on the clothes, Linda! That's a job I don't like to do. I can't believe Tyler is walking already! Wasn't he just born last month???

Veggie update: lunch=wrap with red and yellow peppers, cucumbers, pickles (do they count? ), spinach, and tomato

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 10-20-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning cottage and Kara. I am not feeling caught up this morning, but it's time to get my nose back to the grindstone. The weekend went too fast, but I did get unpacked and caught up on laundry and the kids did all their makeup work for school, plus we got to spend some time enjoying the Trolley Festival yesterday, and not least, catching up on some sleep. I still haven't gotten to the grocery store, but fortunately we had enough stuff around to get us through a couple of days. I wanted to start Ph1 today, but I think I'll have to have oatmeal for breakfast. I'll shop tonight and get started tomorrow. The spinach fairy came yesterday (aka: my mom) and left a bag of spinach hanging on the front doorknob, so at least I have fresh veggies. The next couple of weeks at work will be pretty intense, and I am not looking forward to them, but we got to play for a week, now time to pay!

We have frost on the grass here this morning too, brrr!
I still have to pack up all the summer stuff too, I hate that job... We needed it for the trip though, so I've got winter out already, all mixed up with summer, what a mess.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I actually slept until 8 this morning so think I may have cleared my sleep deficit from the three days away. I wish my "profit" was as easy to clear! I may pitch my scale.

Kara, you are just a whirlwind. I keep forgetting where you are and was very astonished but then my coffee kicked in and I felt less guilty about sleeping so late.

Cottage, 6 is a terrible time for music lessons! It sure would be great if it can be changed. I too thought Tyler was still too new to walk! Now he can really explore his world - or get in trouble, your choice.

Schmoodle, I still have a pile of summer clothes over the chair in the upstairs hall. I hate seasonal switches and wish I had a rotating closet instead. Send the Spinach Fairy my way, please. Jack Frost stole the last of mine although I do have kale out there.

Just checked my calendar and I have no appointments today! Of course there are lots of things to do but I can do them on my own schedule. I got a bit of the garden tucked in yesterday and hope to do more this morning when it warms up a bit. My car in the lane is covered with frost. I guess it's time to get out the scraper - or start putting it into the barn at night. 'Tis the season. Oh dear, that reminds me to crank up Christmas shopping thoughts.

Disney is crying to come back in so I'll stop being a mean mummy and let her in. I think she may need a winter coat as she's a weather wuss.

Have a Marvy Monday.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
I can't believe Tyler is walking already! Wasn't he just born last month???

Kara
It sure seems like it, but he's almost 15 months old already. He's a late walker, which is fine with us!

Good morning, Schmoodle! You sound like you're going to be really busy the next few weeks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah! Here's our sleepyhead Ruth! How dare you mention Christmas shopping, and it's not even Halloween yet!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-20-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry! I was still half asleep.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Fast fly-by, chickies. I've got a student first thing today, but hope to check back in later and read up on all your doings.

SSDD here--gym, dinner, dog, etc. I'm looking forward to a quiet evening at home after last week's busy-every-night madness!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Not quite as cold here, 47* right now, but still cold enough for me. Still getting used to the sun getting up the same time I do. I must've slept funny because my neck hurts today. Hopefully a nice hot shower will loosen me up a little.

Oh boy is it fun having to re-train Little Guy. Apparently his mother doesn't do things like brush his teeth, cut his nails, give him a bath, etc. He was there 3 weeks and came back with finger and toe nails longer than my finger nails, black specks of dirt in his hair/on his scalp, and he screams and cries when it's time to brush his teeth now. Hopefully in about a week everything will be back to normal. Poor kiddo.

I'm amazed at how dark the "in" nail polish colors are this season. I bought a little 5 pack of Sally Hansen polish last night to paint my nails, and put one on my toes that in the bottle looked like a maroon, but on looks like black. Then painted my finger nails with the "Midnight" color (navy blue) and after two coats, it looks black too. I've seen other average-looking women with dark nails. I just can't help but feel like I'm trying to look goth or something because I'm not used to the new colors of the season. Nothing against people who are goth. I'm just not so it's weird for me to have such dark finger nails. I'm sure I'll get used to it, and then next winter the colors will be pastels or something and I'll have all this dark polish I won't know what to do with.

Well, time to start getting ready for work. Hope everyone has a glorious day! I'm going to enjoy the sun because it looks like starting tomorrow, fall is officially here. Rain and highs in the 50s.

Lisa
Old 10-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning! Man...I could really go for some of that apple cake for breakfast...too bad it's all gone.

I have a few errands to run this morning and our cable man is supposed to come *AGAIN* this afternoon. Let's hope the third time is a charm for getting our cable fixed. DH was not happy that he had to watch regular resolution football yesterday.

MIL and FIL are still having problems. We're unable to get in touch with FIL to get the entire story though...apparently he doesn't think anybody has to know any details.

Oy. If it isn't one drama, it is another.

Have a great day, girls. DS is hungry and whining...

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-20-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #11  

Oh, darn it! I was rushing around making a pot of that sausage and lentil soup, and as I was putting the bag of beans back in the pantry, I realized I had grabbed the split peas instead of the lentils! This could be interesting.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:18 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday morning to you all. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cottage first steps - how exciting

Ruth don't feel bad about the christmas shopping - I start as soon as one ends

Dh and I had a great weekend even though at times I ate off plan but a few days of phase 1 and I'll be good as new.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Monday!!!

Kara - Boy is your schedule busy!!! You are on the run every day this week. Great job on your first goal....keep it up and start that second goal strong!

Cottage - 6:00 piano lessons is late, and not to mention, right around dinner time (no good!!!). I hope you're able to get the time changed, but I know your girls have a tough schedule already.

Schmoodle - It's tough getting back into the swing of things from vacation. But routines will kick in soon enough and things will be better. Glad to hear that you had such a good time. Enjoy your oatmeal and spinach today!

Ruth - I can't believe how cold it is in your neck of the woods. If you want, you can come our way this week. It's supposed to get up to the high 80's. Nothing quite says fall like shorts and tank tops Enjoy your day getting things done in you own time.

Laurie - MORNIN'!!!

Weezle - Sounds like the lil' one's biological mother is a real piece of work. I hope you're able to get him back into his old routine soon. Enjoy your new nail colors. Any word on the job???

Zeff - Glad to hear that your cake turned out so yummy!!! Was it "legal"??? Sorry to hear about your in-laws. I hope they're able to work something out.

Gonnabe - That's the spirit!!!

ME - Had a GREAT time at the craft fair. Unfortunately they had a lot of "sample" booths and I partook in them. Not terrible, but not great either. I did buy a few things for the holidays and a beautiful wreath of bay leaves and orange slices for my mil's b-day. I'm sure she'll love it. Planning on coming home tonight and cleaning up. I also really want to get the magazines that are all over the house back in order. Nothing too exciting, but it's all good.
Have a great Monday, ladies!!!
ENJOY!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies, quick fly by for me. Didn't get much accomplished this weekend. We tried to get with the guy for the house we are moving to, some painting needs to be done and we told him we would do it to help make things go faster. Needless to say he never called. He promises it will be done for us to move on the 1st but frankly I don't see it. I am not in a rush just hate being in limbo. Don't want to start packing and have boxes sitting around for weeks. Why do I get the feeling this is going to be a last minute ordeal?

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Quick fly-in for me as I'm still printing tax statements. The end is in sight, though! Only 8,000 more to go!
Closed Thread