General chatter - What's a nice gift to say Thank You?

Smiling_Sara
10-19-2008, 10:13 PM
My Aunt is hemming a pair of pants and also my halloween costume, and when I went over there for my fitting, she offered me $20 for when I fed her fish and plants daily when she was on vacation. I told her why don't we call it even since you are hemming my things? She said oh no, Im not gonna even charge you for those things. So, I took the $20.00 BUT I do want to do something nice, she is hemming this items in her spare time and all. Any ideas?

EZMONEY
10-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Being an uncle of several kids I would suggest taking her out to dinner...doesn't have to be fancy! and spend some one on one time with her for a couple of hours.

Way better than any type of merchandise.

luvja
10-19-2008, 10:48 PM
The idea above is nice, taking her out for dinner.
Or possibly a thoughtful card with some lottery/scratch tickets?
Or... bake her something yummy :D

junebug41
10-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I like flowers, personally :)

JulieJ08
10-19-2008, 11:13 PM
As an auntie, I can say that anything, no matter how low budget, will make her feel great. A lot of aunt - niece/nephew interaction is mostly about giving. Which if fine, we aunts love our nieces and nephews and we don't give because we are expecting anything in return :). But any thoughtfulness in return melts our hearts :). It's all about being thought of, nothing to do with the money. Just a handwritten thank you note and maybe a printed photo would be very nice.

mandalinn82
10-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Flowers are always appreciated...so is cooking dinner for her!

Ami12345
10-19-2008, 11:26 PM
I would thank her verbally and mail her a hand-written card or letter (who doesn't love getting mail when it's not a bill)... if you want to buy something a giftcard is a good thank-you gift... or you could cook her dinner one night. Doing anything around the her house is also a nice thank-you... And remember, it's the thought that counts! ;-) xoxoxo

jahjah1223
10-20-2008, 12:12 AM
I love flowers.

lizziep
10-20-2008, 03:30 AM
does she sew a lot? maybe some supplies or gift card to a fabrics store?