Old 10-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #1  

Default Very Picky Eater

I'm very picky about what I eat, and I've been reading some threads and I keep seeing stuff about shakes from Medifast. I don't like any type of shakes, not even milk shakes. I wanted to know do I have to drink the shakes? Also if I don't like how something smells I will not eat it. Is Medifast good for picky eaters.
choklateice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #2  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Medifast has more than just shakes. So you could do medifast without drinking the shakes if you like the other foods...but...to me...the shakes are the best thing that they have.
If you are looking for delicious food. I would not recommend Medifast. I would not say that any of the food is wonderful. If it was I would probably binge on it.
Medifast fills me up. It tastes ok. I get something every couple of hours and It controls my cravings. That is what I expected from it and it has delivered in a big way for me. But I am the first to say that this is not the right plan for everyone.
You are doing the right thing by asking the questions that are important to you before deciding on what diet plan to follow.
If you decide on Medifast, we do have a great supportive group here and look forward to reading your posts!
Good Luck
DJ
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #3  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

See if you can get some samples or something... Do you have any friends or maybe grab something off ebay... wait, speaking of ebay, you'll find ALOT of MF food there. The reason is there are alot of picky eaters, who dont like the taste of the food. If you look, theres alot of non-shake products, they just arent as good. I hear some of the soups are downright, well, not very good. I rely on the shakes. To me, they are like chocolate milk, strawberry milk and vanilla cake batter. I am not a picky eater at all. I think this helps me. Really see if you can get a sample first or something. Your doing alot of research, it seems like you really are looking for something to help you. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find it!
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #4  

Thanks i'm going to go and check out Ebay.
choklateice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #5  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

if u r picky, sadly medifast is not for you in my humble opinion, but the very best of luck to you!

Dan-O
DanLovesMedifast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #6  
It's either Now or Now

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

New Lifestyle Diet (google) offers a sample packet (1 shake, 1 bar and 1 snack) if you pay for shipping ($6.95). I think those shakes are similar enough to Medifast that you might get a reasonable sense of what flavors to expect. It might be worth getting the sample before investing.
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #7  
DanLovesMedifast

Super IDEA it's time! Woo HOO!

Hope you are having a fun on plan Friday!

I am! Lovin MF here!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/157/128

Height: 5'6"

I would really look on ebay (as suggested) and maybe even Craigslist to see if anyone is selling a few samples.

Honestly, I LOVE the results I am getting from MediFast, so I can get past the taste, but I can honestly say that the food, IMHO, does not taste "good". It doesn't have as much sugar as, say, traditional Slim-Fast, so don't think it will taste like that. With that said, it isn't so bad that you have to choke it down!

I find that the shakes are MUCH better if you add ice and blend them. The bars aren't bad, they taste better than some non-diet sports bars. As for the other food, it is hit and miss from person to person, most people I talked to at the Medifast Center that I visited agreed that the shakes and bars are the most palatable items.

Best wishes whatever you decide!
purpleplaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #9  

They also have a bunch of different soups too. I may look online on Craigslist for some samples.
littlelilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #10  
DanLovesMedifast

I would be afraid to by something I am going to eat from anyone other than the company.

I know, I am paranoid! In this day and age, can you afford to be TOO safe?