Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #1  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Default 30-Something Chat Wednesday 10/15

Oh, Oh, Oh!! My first thread starting of the 30-Something Chat!! Soo excited!!

So, a bunch going on today... a visit to the park, a few shopping errands and an apt in the afternoon. Not to mention laundry, changing the sheets on the beds, and laoding the dishwasher. Still deciding on what to make for din-din. Either a pork roast or au gratin potatoes w/ham? Hmmmmm? I'll have to ask the hubby when he calls what he favors. I for one could do either, and know the one that doesn't get cooked today will tomorrow.

Woke up in a better mood today- but fell asleep real early too. What gives?

The kiddies are getting anxious about the park, so I need to finish getting myself ready- as they are already dressed and ready to go.

I'll stop in later.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Morning! Pear... I will gladly take your kids to the park if you will go to work for me?! Deal? LOL Enjoy the day! That ham sounds good too!!!!!!

Off to Alcatraz... hope everyone has a great day!

Oops... Oh2bethin.. I forgot to sing happy birthday to you yesterday!! Hope is was a great one!

Mine is on the 2nd of November... I'll be 40... (can I still post here?) LOL
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

Busy morning for me. Going to go to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) this morning and then need to get a few things at the grocery store before I drop my daughter off to Preschool.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #4  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Morning all!

Some woman just pulled into my office's parking lot, parked and then sat there for 10 minutes doing her makeup, talking on the phone and then getting out of her car to clean her windows. Apparently, she just wanted to get herself and her car ready in my parking lot. Weird.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Poppy - we would be so very sad if you left us.

So my puppy has been a bit more mischievous these days. The other morning I found an unpleasant surprise in my son's room but it was not a healthy surprise so I assumed she was sick and couldn't help it. Then this morning I found another one (plenty healthy). Plus it is raining and after she went outside she jumped in my bed with her muddy paws. Grr. Then I found one of my cell phone chargers all chewed up. So I ran out and bought a gate this morning. I am working from home today but locked her in the kitchen anyway. She does not seem to appreciate it but this is what we will have to do until she stops her bad behaviors. Plus now maybe me cats will actually come in the house again.

Good morning everyone!!
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #6  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi everyone

1 hour and it's home time, busy day at work today, we are having issues with Health and Safety inspectors so lots of meetings preparing for further visits from them.

Lazy night tonight, usually go shopping Wednesdays but was off work Monday so did the shop then. and it's not my turn to cook

Pear - I love going to the park (must be the inner child in me!! ), my DS thinks it's not cool for his mum to be seen at the park with him so had great delight looking after my 4 yr old niece at the weekend and taking her to the park.

Poppy Seed (and everyone else!!) Thanks for the birthday wishes . I had a great day and was spoiled rotten by my family - for once nobody bought me chocolate!!!! We did have a bottle of wine last night but hey it's a one off!!!

Baby plans are well under way , got the all clear from my Dr - who gave us a pep talk about our ages but if it happens it happens if not we've not lost anything and it will have been fun trying.

Well better get on and clear my desk of the mountain of paper work that keeps growing

Have a great day everyone

oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #7  
Sarah

oh2be - congrats on the ok from the doc!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #8  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all, i'm usually on way before now...but it was my daughters late day and she missed the bus. so after running her to school and getting a few groceries i finally made it here.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

Ohwbh happy belated birthday! congratulations on the Dr.s ok!!!

Pear have a great day with the kids, sounds busy but good!
Hi Me4life

Barbara

Poopy I am so sorry about your job, I know you hate it, are you looking for something else?

Well I have been away for a few days, I have to confess! I have been spending a lot of time on FB, I have been talking to my little friends LOL (kindergarten friends)
I have been busy at home too. Lots of stuff going on, all good though!
See you all later

Hanna

asparagus I love puppies and I love my 3 dogs, but yes I hate when they leave "suprirses" on the floor yack! I feel for you!

Hi RangeChic! I don't think I met you before so I hope you have a great day and that the parking thing was just a fluke!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #10  

good morning...afternoon for some! hope everyone is having a wonderful wednesday...im super busy at work cause monday was a holiday and yesterday i was called for jury duty so of course im way behind...thought i would check in...i keep meaning to come daily but my days keep slipping away

pear: have fun with the kids!...both dinners sound yummy! winner either way you go...have a wonderful day

poppy: good luck at alcatraz ; }...try to make the best of it!

barbara: have fun at mops....i wish we had one of those out here...how often do they meet...monthly?

ranger: maybe she was stopping cause she had a hot date down the street!...that is weird...why wouldnt she get ready at home???

sarah: those little guys can get into so much...they do grow up though...you'll laugh one day...have a good one

oh2b: congrats on the dr's ok!...have fun making that baby!!!!...i am with you on the growing mountain of paperwork that needs to get done...ugghhh...im dreading going to my desk....have a good one

me4life: those days happen...take a deep breath and sit on the couch for a minute...when i have those days i feel behind all day long...hope that isnt happening to you...have a wonderful day

hanna banana: HEY GIRL!!! i miss you!!! my fault i have a hard time getting here daily these days...glad everything is good at home...give sean a hug...i hope he is doing well...have a wonderful day

ok...i have to stop procrastinating and get to work...have a wonderful day
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #11  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Checkin' in! Good afternoon all!

Currently booking pre-cruise stuff for my cruise this coming May and trying to read this motorcycle basic training manual for classes and certification next month AND giving weight loss advice over the phone. I got a mini group of five women who I counsel. Ha! They call me for everything when it comes to dieting. Anyway, be back later!!!
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #12  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Hey folks! been a long day for me. Missed my daughters doc appt then she kept me waiting an hour before getting me in. Then off to the other post for shopping. WoW

I did 9 miles on the bike this morning, and the more tired I got, the more my leg throbbed, the harder I went, and it felt freaking-fan-tabulous!

Aparagus, I am in the middle of the puppy surprise blues myself! We have an eight week old Boxer and he just looooves to go out, poop, then come in and drop two more loads in fun little places! Grrrrr But he is soooo cute!

So, have a fab day folks, and I will see you laters!
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #13  
Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2be View Post
hello everyone!

Poopy I am so sorry about your job, I know you hate it, are you looking for something else?
LOL - poopy!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #14  
Believe it, be it

Ugh, my afternoon kinda sucks thus far. See, I just got this pt job and I need to get a drug test. I mentioned this to my boss (since I work open to close everyday) and he said just go on Wednesday or something and close the office for a bit. No problem, right? Ha. I get down there and should have realized I picked a bad day from the start. There was a line to check-in. Now, mind you this is a clinic, so most people aren't there for minor things like peeing in a cup. So, I wait in the line. By the time I get up there, it's been at least 5 minutes. I nicely ask the woman if there is going to be a wait or if I'm going to be able to get right in, because I really cannot wait. She says, "oh, it will be maybe 10 minutes." Fine, I can do that. So, I fill out my name and address, show her my license and head to the waiting area. 15 minutes later, I walk back up to the counter, "ma'am? is it going to be any longer? because if so, I will just have to come back another time." She looks at me and says, "oh no, you're next so a couple more minutes." So, I wait 2 more minutes and then decide to give them another 3. Nothing. By this point, I'm a little upset because I've expressed that I cannot wait and that I'm taking time from work to be here. I go up there and get told that they are "training" the people on the escreen system and that if I'm in a hurry I probably am better off coming back later.
Wow. Now, mind you, I completely understand waiting and the fact that this is a medical clinic, but after expressing my limited time to these people from the start I'm a little pissed off to say the slightest. My office has been closed at this point for almost 45 minutes, I have to really pee (damn water bottles) and I haven't even gotten lunch yet. What compounds this the most is that I'm the only one running the office and I had to close it to do this and my boss has my office's phones.
After leaving the clinic with the info to call later, I run next door to Subway hoping to get lunch quickly only to be greeted by a huge line of course since its lunchtime. I decide to get in the car and just run by the store and get something to micro at work. Get to the grocery store finally and get stuck behind the one person who can't decide what he wants for cigarettes! Ten minutes or thereabouts later, I get to the office only to discover that I grabbed the lean pockets that are 60 cal more (I wanted the whole wheat ones)! This has just not been my afternoon.

Just wanted to vent a bit. Now, I have to go back out somehow in an hour or so to try to get some protein in my tummy. I won't just buy anything anymore, you know?
Old 10-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #15  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD Sass View Post
Checkin' in! Good afternoon all!

Currently booking pre-cruise stuff for my cruise this coming May and trying to read this motorcycle basic training manual for classes and certification next month AND giving weight loss advice over the phone. I got a mini group of five women who I counsel. Ha! They call me for everything when it comes to dieting. Anyway, be back later!!!
That's so cute that they call you! Very awesome of you.
Have fun booking your cruise!