WW Clubs and Groups - 20-30 Somethings

View Full Version : 20-30 Somethings

Jane
10-15-2008, 01:06 AM
I noticed there doesn't seem to be a thread going for this age group, although there are current bios on the current stickied 20-30 Somethings bio thread. Because of that, here's a new thread to get you started.

Since I don't qualify for the group title, which of you 20-30 Somethings will post first? Don't be shy! :)

gatorgirl6
10-23-2008, 02:31 AM
Im not shy. :) I dont know if there are others that want to chat, but Im open for it. I am a 3rd year Chemical Engineering student at UF. I LOVE Florida Football (GO GATORS!) and am trying to get back to my high school weight. I just started the 30 day shred and I am working out with a personal trainer once a week. I also just joined the Thanksgiving Challenge.
I have trouble staying on track. Ive been at WW for a month now and lost 4.4 lbs. I slack off and think that I can catch up. I need help and support to hold me accountable so that I dont slip up as often. I love making new friends and I am an extremely positive person. Any one want to conquer this weight loss journey with me?

AngelD
10-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Me!!!

I've done the exact same thing the last few times I joined WW. I always went up and down through the same few pounds thinking there is always next week then end up giving up. This time I'm determined not to do it again.

gatorgirl6
10-27-2008, 12:53 AM
We should make sure that we can lose consistantly this time. I found some of my jeans from when I was skinny and I didnt realize how small I was. I cant wait to get back into those jeans!

AngelD
10-27-2008, 11:19 AM
I have a wardrobe full of skinny stuff that I just can't imagine ever fitting in but I have worn every single thing in there so know I can get there. The one thing I really want to fit into again is a corset top. I wore it when I reached my goal last time I lost weight and felt so good in it. It was 'my everyone look at me' top. Everything I wear at the moment says please don't look at me!!

AngelD
11-03-2008, 06:17 PM
So are there anymore 20 - 30s on WW out there? How are you doing??

I've not done very well this last week. Have been ill so didn't exercise and was all over the place with my points. Was way over some days and under the others. Hope it hasn't screwed up my metabolism too much.

sleepheight
11-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi! I'm here! I just turned 30 and realized that I didn't do something about my unhealthy weight, I just might never do it. I started WW and C25K on October 20th. I really want to stick with it this time. As I lose the weight, I find myself more committed to losing; I've worked too hard to undo what I've accomplished.
I'm really trying to get involved on forums to help me with encouragement and accountability. Hope y'all don't mind if I join you....:)

jenosaurus
11-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Can I just say Jane, ( you better read this ) you are amazing and I love you . LOL :) Why didn one of us think of starting a thread :P
Either way this is my 4th and FINAL time Im joining weight watchers. Ive never lost this much before, and Im already ahead oh my Christmas target :) So things are going great with me :)

sharpie89
01-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Hi, I am almost 20, and I am hoping to go to my first meeting in a long time...like since I was 13, or so...It never really worked too much for me, because I had to rely on my mom to take me, and since she never stuck with the plan she never wanted to go so we would stop. I would love some support, since the only person I have is my fiance is gone for the next month and a half, and has been gone for the last month... he is an over the road truck driver. So if there are any other 20 something/ almost 20 somethings lol out there that would like to talk I would love to!! I have a lot of time on my hands to do this thing, I have just been depressed and not wanting to...but I have to!!

Nurse Penguin
01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi my name is Stephanie and im 20 yrs old (21 in april). This past Tuesday I started weight watchers with my mom. It is really hard for me i work full time and go to school full time and have a social life lol. I need support especially from those college students who know how it is when your friends want to go grab some dinner and drinks before going out all night long!

Lisa78
01-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi, I am also 30 years old and had my first baby a year and a half ago...no more excuses!! I want to fit into my jeans again and stop sucking in my tummy.
I joined WW today and plan on sticking to it this time. I have about 30 pounds to lose.
I am so glad I found this thread...I need the support!

Good luck everyone!!

julglo
01-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi Everyone! I've been lurking for a month or so. I joined WW on 10/30 and attended meetings thru 12/03. I really fell off the wagon over the holidays. I was going to quit all together, but had paid for 11 weeks up front so that I would not quit and I didn't want to waste my money. I went back today and I am very proud of myself for starting back. I also ordered a Wii Bundle today. I had knee surgery in 10/07 due to tearing my meniscus doing Tae Bo years ago and just when it started feeling better I tore my Achilles Tendon. I've basically not exercised for over a year and it shows and my body needs a major makeover. I'm looking for some friends here for motivation and inspiration!! :) I'm so glad that this thread was started! Thank you!!!

risab
02-23-2009, 04:18 PM
I am 35 and have tried South Beach and WW before. Last Tuesday, I signed up to WW. I have recently gained some weight which is not like me. I feel like I need all of the support I can get. I have a hard time staying loyal to myself and a program. I hope this thread continues AND I hope I can find it again. I weigh in tomorrow.

risab
02-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey Julglo....looks like we both joined WW on the same day. Let me know how weigh-in goes tomorrow. I will post my results, too. I did great all week AND then came Saturday night. I had 2 BIG glasses of wine. Even though I am allowed, I felt like it was a waste of points. Hope to have great results tomorrow.

emily3183
02-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone! im new to the community, im 25 and have been heavy my whole adult life. i joined ww last month and plan on sticking to it for good! any tips?

risab
02-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi Emily. Welcome. I just joined WW last week and weighed in today.
Lost 5 pounds....yeah! :carrot:
Julglo...how did you do? Today is your 1st weigh in, too. Right?

Destiny2009
02-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi, glad that you went back to ww. I used to go to ww but I stopped after not losing much weight. Later, I learned that I wasn't losing the weight do to an inactive thyroid. So, I may go back. I also need motivation and inspiration, That may be the push I need. Now, I just have to find the time to go to a meeting without taking my daughter. We can motivate each other cuz I have alot on my plate.

Destiny2009
02-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi, risab. I used to go to ww and I am thinking seriously about going back. It is a good plan and I really liked it. I just got discouraged cuz the lack of weight loss. I had an inactive thyroid but now I may go back to finally lose the weight. I need motivation and support too.Good luck with your weight loss.

tdiprincess
03-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi all.. I'm 22, my name's Brittany (Britt).. I've been around here for a while. Newer to WW (since early February). I originally started at 190 in August of 2006. I decided that I didn't want to be heavy and I feared going over 200. By January of 2007, I had gotten myself down to 155ish. I did that by strictly portion control. I'd only eat a little bit at a time. Breakfast would be 2c of milk and then I'd be off. I'd drink a lot of milk and eat veggies and when I did eat junky food I'd eat half a serving or so. At that point I was going to school fulltime to become an RN (never finished) and I was a banquet server which had me walking about 5miles each night that I worked. Not joking on the 5 miles.. I figured it out. That was busy nights and most were as I generally work Fri-Sun.
Then in March 2007 I was engaged and married August 11 2007. By the time we were married I was 146ish and wore a size 8 gown. I had started at a size 16! I was so proud of myself.
Soon after the wedding I went up to 155 and have stayed between 150-160 since that point. Only once did I get up to 161.
I never got down to my original goal of 130. Which honestly, my MIL lost a bunch of weight and she's at 130 and she is an inch shorter. She looks almost too skinny. So I refocused my goal for a healthy BMI. That leaves me between 135 and 140. I'd like to stay around 140. I'm very excited and ready to go!
My DH bought me a wii fit last week, which has helped immensely!! He also put some Moby on my phone and while I'm packing (we're moving into our first house next month) I've been dancing away.
I unfortunately have some hip problems. My DR first thought it was rheumatoid arthritis. Which I don't think it is. Since last winter it has gotten much better. Last winter there were days when I could barely move. This winter I'm much better. And before it was both hips that bothered me, now its mainly just one. I'm hoping that as I lose a few pounds, and strengthen my hip, thighs, bum, back, stomach and sides, that this will help my hip.
Also eating healthier now is making me feel so good. Minus the increasing fiber issues :( .
Overall, I like the idea of a 20-30's something thread for WW. We can get to know each other's stories and support each other through this journey in our lives!
As always, I urge all to make this a fun and enjoyable journey. And make it easy enough that once you get to your goal, you will be able to maintain it for the rest of your life!! :flow1:

risab
03-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Destiny 2009.....do it! I have dome WW many times before, But I am motivated to make this my last time. I have vowed to NEVER join WW again after this....so it is a MUST do. I weighed in today and lost 3.2 Making my total loss a happy -7.8. I am working hard before a slump/plataeu....one will eventually happen, right?
Brittany-congrats on joing WW and welcome to this thread. Now that I know we have some girls on here, I will try to check back more often.
Good luck to all of you.

risab
03-03-2009, 04:15 PM
OMG Britt.....just read the end of your note....I have a REALLY bad hip, too. Just one side. That's why I rejoined WW to lose as much weight as possible to maybe get rid of the hip problem. I had an MRI that said it was a ruptured ligament! Whatever that means. But, I am very active...since last February. I spin at least 2x's / week and run 5-7 miles a few times a week. My recent hip episode had me out of commission for almost 3 weeks. But I ran 7 miles today!!! Thought I would die. Last week, I could not even get in and out of the car. Go figure that one! Best of luck to your hip. I know how depressing pain can be.

risab
03-03-2009, 04:21 PM
I am new to 3fc's, but I just figured out how to subscribe to this thread....while in this thread, on the top of the page is a drop-down that says 'Thread Tools' whereby you can subscribe and we can support each other on this massive site.

tdiprincess
03-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Risab: WOW! How do you rupture a ligament in your hip?? I hope mines not that. My DR wanted to do an Xray, see if it's bone problems. We haven't gotten around to that yet. Especially as it seems to be getting better over time. But we'll see. I really hope that this will help strengthen my muscles and that I'll be able to rid myself of the pain. It can be very depressing at times, especially when we're so young to have this type of pain.. :(

Thanks for letting me know about how to subscribe.. that will help me remember where to check up!

risab
03-04-2009, 03:13 PM
tdi-My last Dr recommended Aleve....just FYI. It was like from heaven...it REALLY helps alot. The only time Aleve does not work is when my hip is SUPER bad like the last few weeks. I ran 7 miles yesturday and did 55 minutes of spin today. I have been a 'freak' since last week, working out like nobodys business.....ONLY because I can-thanks to the hip feeling better. Today while I was spinning, after 1 hr on eliptical, I was thinking, 'look at me go....and I can do it!' I am definitely on some sort of 'pain-FREE' high right now.:carrot:
Talk soon,
Risa

tdiprincess
03-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Risa: yeah my DR gave me ibeuprofen. It pretty much does the same job as Aleve.. it helps with the inflammation. For the bad days my DR prescribed Tyelonol of Codine. I don't take it everyday, only when I need it. I've just been doing my wii fit. A lot of the strength training and yoga exercises have really been helping my hips and making it more flexible!

beachluvr79
03-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi Ladies,
I've been on WW many times, always had success, but never stuck with it long enough to get down to a healthy weight. This time I'm not able to make the meetings, so I'm just going at it alone, with the help of 3FC.

Over a year ago I lost half of the wait I intended, about 50 lbs. Then I met a guy and blah blah blah... :) The weight loss stopped. Fortunatley, I didn't gain any wait back. A feat for me. So I guess something stuck. I think It's time to finally get it all off. And I know now I can keep it off. I want to be a healthy BMI before my 30th birthday, which is in October.

So, Lisa78, julglo, risab, emily3183, Destiny2009, and tdiprincess. Good luck to all of you!! This site is a wonderful tool and I look forward to losing with you :D

tdiprincess
03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi Beachluvr: :welcome: glad to see you here. You seem to have done well the first time. Especially maintaining that! I kinda did the same. I was at 190, got down to 148. Then I got married and since then have stayed between 150 and 160. Now, after a year and 1/2, I think I'm ready to go the rest of the way to 140 and possibly 135. I would like to see what I look like at 140. Some people think I'm thin enough, but my BMI is still overweight. I'd like to get to 140 which will be the high end of normal and then go from there!
I look forward to seeing your progress!! And remember to just make it an enjoyable experience!

This past week and the next few are going to be absolutely NUTS! I've had my great uncle in town, family dinners up the whazoo! And we're closing on a house and all the paperwork is just CRAZY!! I lost it a little bit. But, I got back on track with exercise on Monday and started tracking my points again today. I'm feeling much better about myself!! :)

Keep up the work chickies!! :flow1:

abbyinkorea
04-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Hi gals,

Just thought I'd say hello. I currently live in South Korea and am trying to lose the pounds I've put on since I've been here. I put on so much weight here because it was easier to order a pizza or go out to eat after working my 2nd shift job than to make something healthy. Now I'm working much better hours and have the time to cook and make better food choices. The problem here though, is that it's difficult to find any low fat or low sugar options. So that means, there's yogurt and cream cheese, but none are low fat. I've finally found low fat milk though. Whole grain breads and egg substitutes are pretty much nonexistent here as well.
I have a friend here that's done WW before and is helping me with the points and everything. However, I don't really know what my points should be, I'm just going off of the suggestions on the web, and going to a WW meeting is not really an option here. Any suggestions?

Good work ladies!!!!

Miss Cayman
04-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Hi everyone, I am also new - see my other thread - and finding it initially very hard. How are you girls who posted in October getting on? Can you give me hope..... I find evenings hard and not eating due to boredom. I find eating healthy food easy and have given up chocolate for 2009 which is a huge help, but in the past I have binged on diet food. I just need to keep focused - I know I can do it, I know I can do it, I know I can do it!!!

M Dizzle
05-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey all......I'm 31, this is my first time dieting at all, and I am going to make it work, come **** or highwater.

Kaylee
05-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey Everyone... im 23... just joined site on wed and ww on thurs... like most of you tried weight watchers a feww times had success but slacked off... but im ready to do it now... so hopefully we can all help each other out :)

msmeri
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
ok fresh start
all the bad stuff like the cheesecake I ate is behind me. I will continue on. I set 4 goals for the week.

walk at least 6 times this week two and a half miles
start jillian michaels upper arms exercise with weights 2 or 3 lbs
do 3 sets of 5 squats
do 5 sets of tummy crunches six times this week

See I can't do my arobic walk/kickboxing DVD until I see the ortho dr June 2nd for my knee. The MRI is today. I promiced my GP I would keep the "pounding" to a minium but I made it clear I was going to keep walking. Our WW group has entered a 5K on June 6th. That was a goal we set back in January.

:moo: :dust: :lifter:

meganlee65
05-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Hi ladies!

I'm 20 years old (will be 21 on June 5th) and I just started Weight Watchers meetings last Wednesday. I have tried WW Online twice and I have done LA Weight Loss as well as Atkin's and other mini diets. I've been dieting since middle school, but I think this is the first time where I really do feel like I can do this and achieve my ultimate goal. I would love to be part of a group like this where we can all be there for each other. I'm also wondering how you guys deal with alcohol and being on WW. I don't drink yet because I am not 21, but I do plan on drinking once I turn 21 and I am just wondering how often you guys do drink and what you drink (especially those who don't like beer because I don't think I will be a beer drinker). I'm worried about my 21st birthday and using way too many points. Do you guys have any tips?

Kaylee
05-22-2009, 12:35 AM
hey megan... i am 23 and a beer drinker lol... i drink about twice a week ( usually weekends) if i know i'm going to drink i usually make sure to eat lower calorie foods during the day and i always stick to light beer... i would recommend bud light or miller light because they are only 2 points each for a 12oz and they taste like regular beer... and are not watered down like others... remember on w.w. u have those 35 flex points however i do not like to use them... when i drink i usually drink about 6 beers so i have to make sure i save points... this is what i would normally eat on a day of drinking... i'm allowed 34 points a day
Breakfast - granola bar, glass of milk, yogurt,& apple- 6 points
Snack- banana & yogurt - 3points
Lunch- 1 bag of salad (whole Bag) with light cesar dressing- 6 points
Snack- 15 fat free pringles- 1 point
Dinner- 6 inch turkey sandwhich from subway with lettuce tomatoe and mustard w/ 15 fat free pringles- 6 points
that leaves 12 points for beer!! and i ate by all the ww. guidelines... you don't have to follow my diet at all... but i thought maybe this would help... and have fun on ur 21st b-day... it's an important 1 :)