40-Somethings - First Meeting With A Trainer

View Full Version : First Meeting With A Trainer

chunckymonkey
10-14-2008, 10:04 PM
When I tried to lose weight before - my husband and I always worked as a team - there became the problem...when one falter so did the other. This is my second week and I am on my own. I believe this is reason why I will succeed for I am relying solely on myself and not him. Well, tonight, I had my first meeting with a trainer - WHAT A HOOT! I can not remember that last time I enjoyed myself so...I thought I would be embarrassed and self conscience-that's not what happenned! I found I worked hard and all at the gym were very supportive-I'm really looking forward to Thursday when I meet with him again. Although, I'm a little fearful on how I'll be feeling tomorrow-LOL!

So, my cyber friends who are on this journey with me - don't stop yourself - it's a great feeling when you overcome your fear!

Weigh in on Friday - can't wait!:carrot:

Darlene 66
10-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Chunckymonkey,

Good for you! I went to a trainer for a while many years ago. I remember my first day vividly!!! I called him Satan. The next day my thighs hurt so bad it was difficult to sit/stand and especially lower my self to the toilet. It was worth it, I felt better and it improved my self-esteem. Keep up the good work!

Darlene

chunckymonkey
10-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Thank you for the encouragement Darlene...I just finished watching the Biggest Loser and thought I wouldn't be able to move after the third step from the couch - oh, tomorrow is gonna be somethin':?:

Best to you Darlene and thank you:woohoo:

beth4365
10-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Overcoming fears is hard work!

Way to go Chunckymonkey!

suenami
10-15-2008, 02:18 PM
That is really fab, Chunckymonkey! I want to hear more stories about it, you're a good writer.