Old 10-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #1  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Default What Brands of Makeup Do You Use?

I started wearing makeup when I turned 30 and that was just this past June. I've started out with Bare Escentuals because I was opposed to liquid foundations so it was either BE or Raw Minerals to start with.

Since I've been wearing makeup my needs have started to change. I'm into primers and blemish creams and colors and masquera and liners...it's getting expensive!

Anyway, what brands of makeup do you use? What products do you recommend or not recommend? I'm looking for a good eye shadow primer and it's not easy. I think I'm leaning toward Stila for that, but I'm not sure.

Or am I the only one who wears makeup around here???

Last edited by SBD Sass; 10-13-2008 at 04:20 PM.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't generally wear any, except on special occasions. Too much hassle, and I hate to put potential chemicals and toxins on me.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #3  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

I loove Mineral Makeup! It's so light and isn't bad for your skin..
But I do love eyeshadow though, I love Urban Decay shadows.
I also use the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer, it's the best, makes your eyeshadows more saturated in color and keeps it in place..
These days though I've just been putting on the mineral foundation, concealor, and eyeliner.. sometimes blush. If I'm not wearing glasses then I'll wear mascara.
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I just use Rimmel foundation and some mascara, I like Cover Girl for mascara.
Oh, my mom uses Rimmel, too. I think it's pretty versitle.

Last edited by raw23; 10-13-2008 at 12:25 PM.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #5  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrynight View Post
I loove Mineral Makeup! It's so light and isn't bad for your skin..
But I do love eyeshadow though, I love Urban Decay shadows.
I also use the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer, it's the best, makes your eyeshadows more saturated in color and keeps it in place..
These days though I've just been putting on the mineral foundation, concealor, and eyeliner.. sometimes blush. If I'm not wearing glasses then I'll wear mascara.
That's what I heard!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

I spend too much $ on make-up.. It's my addiction. I use all brands basically, but covergirl seems to be my favourite. I love their foundations and colour-stay lipsticks.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268.0/tracker/170.0

Height: 5'5

I've worked for Clinique for four years and Origins for a half year so I'm always trying the latest in the make-up brands. You're right--it becomes addictive and expensive!! But I have to say that in terms of eye shawdow primer, Clinique has one that has been a best seller every year that I've been there. We can barely keep it in stock! It's called Touch Base in Canvas. It's a neutral color but it grips your eye shadow and keeps it from creeping so the shadow you put on that morning it still there in the morning and in the original place too! I love it
bigsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 268.0/tracker/170.0

Height: 5'5

Cover girl is inexpensive and has a good selection to play with, but they STILL perform animal testing! That made me stop buying it--how can a company in today's time still use innocent animals to test cosmetic things on? And they don't just put the eyeshadow on their skin and observe what happens; they apply each individual ingredient to their eyes and mouths to see what happens! I know I sound like a PETA activist and I'm not, but I think it's not fair for that to be done to them and I don't think many people actually know about it. Ok....I'm off my soap box....sorry
bigsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/147/126

Height: 5'7"

Bobbi Brown moisture foundation with SP15 works great for me. I also use the mahogany eye shadow to fill in my eyebrows. (I really don't have any ... I think it's a birth defect)
SandiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5"1

I use bare escentuals; but it seems to not be covering for me anymore...

I'm NOT brand loyal..but HATE the heavy feeling of makeup..so I'm interested in hearing what you all say!
MarStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I wish I could wear makeup more often! It all makes my skin itch or makes me break out in a rash. I'm still looking for a brand my skin can handle.

Right now all I can use is Kiss My Face tinted moisturizer and ZuZu mascara.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/158/135

Height: 5'5"

I love Mary Kay. I use their Mineral Makeup and mascara everyday. I love their lipsticks and glosses too, but it's a little pricy for me to play with all the colors. I buy the neutrals from MK and get the loud colors to play with from less expensive sources.
colebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #13  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I don't wear much makeup normally. I just wear a bit of CoverGirl coverup (to hide any imperfections!) and a powder foundation. I'm blanking on the brand right now which stinks.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #14  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy View Post
I've worked for Clinique for four years and Origins for a half year so I'm always trying the latest in the make-up brands. You're right--it becomes addictive and expensive!! But I have to say that in terms of eye shawdow primer, Clinique has one that has been a best seller every year that I've been there. We can barely keep it in stock! It's called Touch Base in Canvas. It's a neutral color but it grips your eye shadow and keeps it from creeping so the shadow you put on that morning it still there in the morning and in the original place too! I love it
Do you know how much it cost? I'm playing around with Clinique pore minimizer for about a week now and it's cost me $18,50. I don't have really out of control pores but I'm shooting for a smooth face w/o the look of pores...I'm just not sure if it's a repair or a cover up kind of product. The girls in Sephora couldn't tell me, but that's a different story. Tell me about the pore minimizer a little bit if you're familiar. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #15  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarStevens View Post
I use bare escentuals; but it seems to not be covering for me anymore...

I'm NOT brand loyal..but HATE the heavy feeling of makeup..so I'm interested in hearing what you all say!
I'm definitely not brand loyal. You should see my makeup bag, it's out of control. But do you use a BE primer (gah it's expensive - i'm still looking for a good primer - they say that Smashbox has a very good one) under the BE foundation? I found that when I were the primer the foundation keeps longer. W/O it, it's gone before noon.