20-Somethings - **** Weekly Chat Oct 13-19****

View Full Version : **** Weekly Chat Oct 13-19****

Here we go again
10-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey ladies! So my weight is back up, but losing inches. I knew that 281 was a fluke again....

I had a good weekend, met new people. I'm a little tired today.

Jelbb
10-13-2008, 12:11 PM
HWGA:
Hey, inches means you're still losing! Congrats, congrats!!!! :D
Glad you had a good weekend. Yay for meeting new people. It's Thanksgivings this weekend in Canada, so I met NO new people, just spent a ton of time with family, lol.

I'm down .2 lbs today, muwaha. How impressive of me, I know. ;) I'm super stoked to get started with the major losing, so I'm initiating my healthy, wheat-free eating today. I had organic oatmeal for breakfast with blueberries and bananas chopped into it, and a little bit of honey for sweetness. Wheeeee.

caligirl98
10-13-2008, 12:13 PM
I would like a pass on my weekend since I know I probably put on like 10 pounds since this weekend included a pizza, bread sticks, a HUGE brunch, a turkey melt, fries, a whole pack of Oreos and some alcohol. I didn't even bother stepping on the scale because I refuse to feel bad. Couldn't really celebrate over salad and water. Sorry.

Went out, had a good time...didn't get tipsy though...sadly, I'm not 21 anymore and apparently can't drink like a 21 year old either. I was really mean to the guys though...that was an accident. My friends were wearing mini sweater dresses so I was expecting them to get all of the attention...I guess I felt kind of annoyed when the guys were paying attention to me...I didn't think I deserved it...whatever. Gotta love SF at 3am...saw a guy with a@@less chaps...the gross part, he was inside Mels diner sitting in a seat. ICK!

Anyway, the weekend is over, Christmas is in like 8 weeks and I need to drop 20 or so pounds, or at least get close to it. I was supposed to drop 60 lbs this year, but if I lose 20 by the end of the year, that will be 50 for the year and I will take that gladly. So no more weekend binges, no more "I can't exercise because--insert excuse here." The only blip on my radar is Thanksgiving and I don't go anywhere and I'm just making lasagna so that should be alright. I can do this.

Miss you guys...feel like I've been gone forever.

Taylor86
10-13-2008, 12:14 PM
I set some times to see my trainer again. It's only once a week due to rehearsals and so I will make it a goal to make it once on my own...so twice a week is a good week and 3 will be even better.

I tired getting up at 6 to workout this morning....yah..not gonna happen lol!

I will do personals later...it's off to school for me!

raw23
10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Hi!
My weekend was good too... I think I actually ate too little! Over a weekend!?! I know... I know. It's crazy. I had about 1100 calories each day and exercised quite a bit, I should've eaten more. I hope it doesn't hurt my loss. At least I was down 2lb for the week this morning. :)
Kind of a lame weekend, actually. Lots of school work and tests. blah.

Jelbb
10-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Cali:
Happy belated birthday?? Did you just turn 22?
Don't step on the scale until you have a few healthy days maybe. Sounds like a fun weekend overall, defo not something worth feeling guilty over. :D

I would LOVE to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. Or.. rather about 15 by December 12th, because that's when my flight to Ireland is. We can try to keep each other on track?

I need to start waking up super early and rocking out the gym. It's SO close to my house that I have absolutely no excuse not to go except that I hate being rushed in the morning, and I hate getting out of bed earlier than I have to for classes. That being said, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I don't have class until 10:30, so my lazy *** should be getting up and at'em.

P.S., EW to the a$$less chaps, lmao. That's... wrong on so many levels...

Taylor:
6 am is the devil's hour of the morning. I hate waking up that early, and find it really difficult. I can usually pull off the gym that early in the am, but only if I have my gym stuff all packed into a bag and ready to go the night before. So all I have to do pre-arrival at the gym is drag my lazy butt out of bed, and put on pants... :D

Raw:
Ditto for the lame week, I've got midterms and essays due. Things that I am ever so very unprepared for... :( I wish you as much luck as I need. ;) And congrats on the 2 lb loss!! Wayta go! :D

caligirl98
10-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Jelbb: HA! I wish I was turning 22...Ahh to be young again. Nope, just turned 25 on the 9th. Still adjusting to being a REAL grown up. I'm closer to 30 now. OMG!

Technically, I need 20 by 12/31/08, but I know how big Christmas eve dinner is, so I don't plan on losing any weight that last week of the year.

Jelbb
10-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Cali:
Ahh, 25 is HARDLY old. Though my boyfriend still calls me "just a baby" for being only 21... 21 isn't really a landmark for us in Canada tho, since we can vote and such at 18, and can drink and buy cigarettes at 19...

Anyhow, well I have faith in us. ;) Let's see. Say, 15 lbs by December 1st is.. slightly more than 2 lbs per week. We can do that!
2 lbs is dropping 7,000 calories a week from my normal routine through eating and exercise. Hmmmmm. Doable, since my eating habits have not been particularly stellar recently, lol. :D

mojolove05
10-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Morning everyone. I've been away a bit (still lurking) bc work has been really busy and so I haven't had time to post. I was 3 lbs down this morning, waaahooooo, my ex moved out yesterday and took all the negative energy with him, and I have a home inspection on a house I am in the process of buying tomorrow. So many great things going on! Hope everyone is well

sh3l5
10-13-2008, 01:04 PM
my weights the same yet again....
really piddling me off....
on a side note i had someone tell me today i looked more like a size 8 than a size 10....
put a big smile on my face....
id just love for the happy bouncy feeling you get when the scales move down and down....
makes me wonder if i didnt get the cold/flu i had....
whether id be at my goal by now....
pissing cold/flu! LOL

yesitsmeagain
10-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Still at 145 today, which is a good sign! My allergies came back in full force- it's weird that the whole time I was sick I had none, but now that I'm almost 100% better they came back. Like my immune system was off doing better things so it didn't have time to be allergic to stupid things. Will probably try going to the gym tomorrow.

I bought a smokin' hot dress for my future SIL's wedding on Sat! Just need to wear my spanx under it and I'm good to go. Need to go to the mall today to buy some accessories- I think it's weird that the malls are open today considering it's Thanksgiving.

Well Canadian ladies- load up on that pumpkin pie today cause it's the healthiest pie out there! Just go easy on the whipped cream.

Jelbb
10-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Bah. Your mall's open? Where are you from? Mine's not. :( And neither are the grocery stores. I'm super bitter, because I don't really have much in the way of healthy food here at home, and I won't have time to grocery shop in the next few days... Shouldn't like.. ONE out of the 10 grocery stores in this flippin town be open???

And that's exciting about the dress! My future SIL has decided I'm the maid of honour, so I get to wear whatever she tells me to wear to my brother's wedding, lol. :(

Mmmm. Pumpkin pie. I had a piece the night before last. But now I'm back home alone in my uni town... all my friends are still home with their families for Turkey Weekend, and I'm here eating leftovers all by my onesies. :D

yesitsmeagain
10-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Winnipeg! And there's a Safeway attached to the mall so I'm hoping that means Safeway is open as well. I don't get holidays- like Labour Day EVERYTHING in the entire city is closed (restaurants, grocery stores, malls), but Thanksgiving (which I think is WAY more important, and a day where people are much less likely to be shopping) everything is open! I just want some consistency!

Here we go again
10-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Cali- it was your birthday! You could do whatever you wanted. I hope you had a good time.

Taylor- that's cool that you are still seeing the trainer even with being so busy. Good girl. How's the eating going?

Jelb- Thanks! I wish I could get excited. I've been stuck around this weight for almost 3 freaking months! I'm doing everything right I don't know why no weight loss.... but I'm losing inches and I feel my muscles through the fat. :) I'm excited about that. I just want the scale to go down. My thighs are getting riduclous. Seriously, the outer part does not jiggle or move at all. It's just a solid rock. I had my friend punch my leg and I didn't even feel it and she hurt her hand. Good times... lol

leighish
10-13-2008, 02:47 PM
ladies, do you know how to lose 5 lbs in less than a day?

get a stomach bug.

I was sent home from work today because I was still wiggly and wobbly. I'd planned on calling in but we're supposed to call at least 2 hours before and I slept in so I missed my window so I went and seeing as how I couldn't keep down warm ginger ale they just sent me home. So now I am home.

as happy as I am to be that close to onederland (202 after all was said and done this morning) I'll probably move away from it once I can eat again. SIGH.

Blcarter84
10-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Ok well I definitely cannot work out today because I somehow hurt my back yesterday. I think it was when I was picking my son up. Anyways I bend forward just not turn side to side at all...hurts to breathe. Plus I am feeling super fat because today is full on TOM! I think I might skip weighing myself this week...I have a bad feeling about it. Eating hasn't been tooo terrible but I have been craving sweet things so I have stuck to sugar free items

Iconised Ghost
10-13-2008, 03:44 PM
ouch blcarter, that doesnt sound like a whole lot of fun. Maybe you can do a light walk? I know that with backs light exercise is supposed to be more helpful than resting too much

RememberHowToSmile
10-13-2008, 04:52 PM
So the weekend didn't turn out great, I ended up eating way to much junk food because of the birthday celebration. Blah. The worst part was I felt like crap the entire time. Sometimes I don't understand why I do it when I know it is going to make me feel so bad.

I rebounded this morning, went to the gym. Getting myself back on track, and almost ended up late to class. My muscles are definitely telling me that I need to not take two weeks off from the gym. It's going to be a long day.

My roommate's birthday was over the weekend (our birthdays are 3 days apart) but neither of us where home during the weekend. So her parents are taking her out to dinner for her birthday and I'm invited, Mexican food. I love Mexican but it is so bad for you. I said I would go if I wasn't helping another friend move furniture so it looks like I’m going out to dinner.

Here – 281 is still a good weight! And an inch is great.

Jelbb – Are you allergic to wheat or are you just trying to change your eating? I had a friend who is allergic to wheat and I think that must be the worst food allergy ever. The gym is in my building and I still can’t always make it there.

Cali – I totally know what you mean about eating crap. I thought I gained a ton last week 1 pound, hopefully water weight. We’ll see in the next couple of days how it turns out. Same realization, I turned 25 on the 8th. Its weird to be close to 30, we compared it to turn 21 which was a dramatic difference.

Taylor – As long as your trainer has helped you build the confidence to do it alone I have confidence that you can do it. How is the play going?

Raw – I always say it is ok to be low sometimes but make sure you are getting enough nutrition.

Mojo – sounds like things are going great good luck with the house.

Shl – that is a great complement, I would kill to be an 8 :)

Meagin – good job on buying a hot dress. Do we get to see a picture of it? And I wear spandx under everything!

Leigh – Yuck the stomach flu, I hope you feel better.

Carter – Sorry about your back. I hope it feels better. I have back problems so totally understand.

Elwing
10-13-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm kind of new to this thing... I totally ate too much this weekend at my grandad's birthday (but who goes to a pancake place for a meal when you know half of your family is dieting?). At least it was good food. I just don't believe it has made me gain 4 lbs. Could I possibly be retaining water because of my period? I hope it is that because otherwise it'll take me 2 weeks to get it off again.

HeatherMcG
10-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Well girls, I had super stellar weight loss weekend......or so I thought. :(

Saturday I did Jillian Michaels and then worked in the yard for at least 7 hours lifting, bending, shoveling, etc. So, since I needed to make up a session, I came in and did my JM again. Sunday, I did JM, went shopping and to a family reunion, and then did JM again.

Let me recap, 4 JM workouts + walking while shopping + yard work = no scale change!

I must admit my calories were kinda low around 1100. However, I am not hungry. This morning I woke up and weighed mysef. UGHH! 264 again. Unexpectedly though, I couldn't put my wedding rings on this morning. I am guessing I am retaining water?!?! Hubby says that a combination of too little exercise and not enough calories may have freaked my body out a little. He said not to worry. The scale will reflect the work shortly....... Sure is easy for him to say isn't? But I appreciate the support anyway. Also not sure if TOM is coming. I am not too regular these days. lol

Any thoughts?

RememberHowToSmile
10-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Heather - I'm probable going to have to agree with your Hubby here. If you are doing that much working out should should be eating at least 1200 calories, otherwise your body will start trying to retain everything, espically with your hight and weight. You should look up some calorie caculators online to determine what you minimum calorie count should be. (I always set it for sedatary). At my hight/weight they tell me I should eat around 1260 to lose 2 pounds a week and I'm a good 7 inches shorter then you.

yesitsmeagain
10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
ladies, do you know how to lose 5 lbs in less than a day?

get a stomach bug.

Hellloooooooo! Didn't you see my post with that title? LOL
PS- mine stayed off so I hope yours does too :D

BellaHTH
10-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Hey y'all -- The start of another week... agg. My weekend was good, did a bunch of reading and put in a raised garden on Sunday, which took ALL DAY. My legs and back are feeling it today, but not nearly as bad as I thought. I must be doing something right with the exercise and weights. I'm also trying to refocus my energy away from sad things and onto things I am interested in. I went to the library for the first time since moving here (a few YEARS ago.. AHH!) when I used to go to the library all the time in my old city.

I'm doing really good for exercise (7 mornings a week and almost every day after work during the week) which I think is somewhat helping with my anxiety. And my calories are for the most part pretty good, although I need to incorporate more veggies. That is my focus for the next few weeks.

HeatherMcG -- Holy smokes, you are dedicated to the workout! Kudos to you!!

Blcarter84 -- Oh, I feel for you hun! I say skip the weigh in and concentrate on getting better with light moving around. Feel better!

leighish -- If there was ever any plus to a stomach bug, it would be the usual accompanied weight loss. Might as well look on the bright side, right? ha!

Here we go again -- Your leg punching story made me laugh out loud! That is so bizarre how you are still losing inches and not pounds... Could it be being replaced with muscle?

mojolove05 -- Congrats on the loss, yay! Well, two losses, including the "removal of negative energy". I hope your house inspection goes well!

caligirl98 -- Eww to your diner story, I hope you didn't have to sit there! And to drink that I was 21 again.. ahh, even though I probably didn't my hardest drinking in high school.

Jelbb -- Yay for the loss, yay yay yay! And the yummy breakfast, good way to start out the day!

And now to spend a little time mindlessly browsing the internet for useless knowledge... haha

Star2Be
10-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey ladies! Hope you are having/have had a wonderful Monday! :D

Today is a very special occasion for me, because I weighed in at approximately 212.6 lbs... Meaning that as of today I have officially lost 50 LBS! I can't believe it! That number seems so high! And what's even better is that I'm almost halfway to my goal, AND I'm only 14 lbs away from ONEDERLAND! Yea!!

I don't usually give myself these, but... :carrot::carrot::carrot: Hehehe.

HeatherMcG
10-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Star, Have some of these too! :broc::broc::broc::broc:

It is an amazing feeling isn't? I hit 50 just a while ago. Keep up the good work!

artsnsmarts
10-14-2008, 12:53 AM
ugh, ladies....I really need some help here...

So I was excited to go to the gym on Sunday...but I didn't. I decided instead to do NOTHING all day which was sort of a good choice b/c that meant I really got a chance to relax which I haven't since school started.

I have probably gained 5 lbs. Seriously. I'm feeling horrible and like I'm slip slip slipping and can't catch myself. I'm pretty good about eating during the week just because my meals are so planned because of school and everything. It's on the weekends that I completely fall apart. I literally don't remember the last time I went to the gym. It was probably about 2 weeks ago. AND I was just cast in 2 scenes at my school...so that adds another 4-6 hours of rehearsal per week for the next two weeks.

I really feel like right on the breaking point of falling apart and I don't know how to handle it....

leighish
10-14-2008, 01:03 AM
I think I'm going to call 205lbs and under a victory as far as the stomach bug weight loss is concerned. Perhaps it was my wakeup call to stop cheating on my diet. I'll take it and run!

Jelbb
10-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Ladies... this morning... I was at 157 lbs. 157 lbs is my goal for a week from today. Granted, that's just for today, and I never change my ticker until I've been constant for a few days, but... GOD, do I ever feel good about seeing that scale go down! I've fluked down to 158 a few times in the past few weeks of eating kinda crappily, but I haven't seen 157 on the scale in.. oh god. Months. Maybe a year? And all I did was eat wheat-free over the weekend. I had... oatmeal, and wheat-free rye bread, and potatoes and turkey and rice. I carb-loaded this weekend, and I lost weight. ****, f*cking, yes! :D

I'm walking to campus today. I'm walking for the exercise, I don't care if I'm a little later than usual. :D

RemeberHowToSmile:
Oooh, I remember you from LAST time I was here! Lookat you! Wayta go, darling!
I'm not allergic, no. My mother cut out wheat and gluten because she has an intolerance for it... it gives her intense digestive issues. But ever since she did, she's felt FANTASTIC, and she's a firm believer that wheat is like... the devil. And she knows how much I've been struggling with my weight. I love my mom to death, but she weighs 138 lbs now, and I watch her "subtly" eye my bulging stomach critically and not say anything, and you just know she's doing her whole, "I'm worried about your health--" in her head thing. So when I visited my high school best friend this past Thanksgiving weekend, and her mom had literally vanished into teensy tiny nothingness... because she'd cut out wheat and gluten, I was hooked.
What I really love about it is that I can still eat potatoes (which I adore) and rice, and I just buy rice noodles instead of regular ones... and I eat gluten-free rye bread instead of regular bread... so far I haven't felt starved of anything. :)

Elwing:
Whenever my period comes around, I dart up two or three lbs, and my body sits there stubbornly until about a day before the end of my period... then I tend to "miraculously" drop 4 or 5 lbs. Periods can definitely cause water weight.
Mmmm, pancakes. Depending upon the place, there could be an excessive amount of sodium for preservative purposes in the pancakes, which could be adding to the water weight as well... or if you had salty things on the side of your pancakes, like hashbrowns or breakfast sausage...
Either way, I'd just go healthy and anti-salt for a few days until your period's over, and things'll probably go back to normal!! :D

Heather:
Ahh, man, what a pain. To do all that work and not see immediate results. HARSH, huh? I hate that. Tho your husband sounds like a DOLL for being so fantastic about things, and being completely right, as well!
Also, RHTS (RememberHowToSmile) was talking about something like this thinger here, which I'm in love with:
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
It's great, you can calculate how much you should be taking in a day, and it'll zig-zag pattern it for you if you keep tabs on your calories hardcore. :D

Bella:
Mindlessly browsing the internet for useless knowledge?
Get stumbleupon. I sh!t you not, you will be in love in a heartbeat. It's fantastic.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/
DO IT. I'm not even joking, I'll come to your house and install it for you. It's amazing. It's just a button that attaches to your browser and when you click it, it takes you to websites based on interests that you enter. They're always amazingly cool things. Hold on, I'll stumble a few times right now and put the links here.

Stumble 1: (I've actually seen before. It's called Post Secrets. It's a website of postcards... people send postcards of secrets that no one else knows to a P.O. Box, and they're posted. Sometimes they're funny, sometimes they're sad... either way, it's hella interesting.)
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/
Stumble 2: ... lol, well, one of my interests is space, because I think it's super cool. One of my other interests is photography, so this is the link I got for my second stumble:
http://heritage.stsci.edu/gallery/gallery_category.html
Stumble 3: LOL, this is crazy. http://www.heraldleaderphoto.com/2008/09/18/man-decorates-basement-with-10-worth-of-sharpie/

MEREDITH AGAIN!
YOU!!! Congratulations!!! 50 lbs, woman, you're a superstar!! WELL DONE!! :D:D:D:D:D:D And you're soooo close to onederland, you'll be there in no time! Weee!!!

ArtsnSmarts:
Wow, that sounds super stressful, darling.
I didn't get to the gym this morning like I'd intended, either. Makes me feel really guilty. What I would say about your weekends is that the reason you have no trouble during the week is because your meals are so planned, right? Maybe a not-too-shabby idea would be to keep your meals for the weekend really PLANNED. Every snack, every meal... plan it out and make sure you've got the healthy food available in the house.
Also, I d'nno if you're like me, but I tend to snack when I'm bored. Make sure that if you're having a super relaxing day.. that you do something with your hands to keep them from auto-munching on snackfood. I'm super lame, so sometimes I knit while watching a movie, and I keep a calorie-free drink nearby as something to throw down instead of a snack.
I know it can be rough watching the scale rise when you've worked so hard to see it go down... but just know that you've done it before and you can bring it back down again. I have faith in you, I know you can do it!! Check in with us often, and let us know, whether the number's jumping up, or sliding back down! GOOD LUCK!!

Leighish:
Hey, whatever works, eh? ;)

artsnsmarts
10-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Jelbb Thanks for the encouragement. You're probably right about not having things planned. I'm really not an absent-minded snacker (anymore!! I used to be HORRIBLE but I kicked it), so that's really not the issue...it's just that I'm so tired that I don't even have the energy to think about what I'm going to cook, so I just resort to a few things that are quick to make but really not good for me.

Also, like...my schedule today:
Get up/homework: 9 - 11:15
Class 12:00 - 1:15
Work in the Costume Shop: 2 - 4
Voice Lesson: 4 - 4:30
Group Meeting: 4:30 - 5:30
Then I have a BIG gap, but it's midterms so I have to study and I have TONS of hw to do. I also live about a 25 min train ride off campus, so I'm debating whether it's worth it to come home or just bring bf's laptop and do work at school...
Rehearsal: 11:15 pm - 12:15 am

So it's a REALLY full day!! And tomorrow is worse! With schedules like that I HAVE to plan out what I'm eating, otherwise I don't have time to think about it!! Maybe planning the same way on the weekends IS a good idea...

MAN COLLEGE IS HARD!

MachGirlie
10-14-2008, 11:45 AM
My weigh-in was this morning and I'm down under 160 :carrot:
The stroller class I've joined is really paying off. I skipped out yesterday though, just not having a good day mentally. I'm back in today though, no excuses!!

Here we go again
10-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Bell- I'm glad you got a good laugh out of it. I did too! Afterwards, I was thinking that probably wasn't the smartest thing I've done. :) Goodness! Oh and you're doing so good!

Stars- Congrats girl! You're doing amazing. I'm a little jealous.

Arts- I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Is there a way that you can carve out some "me" time? You have to take time for yourself.

I was back up to 287 this morning. I have come to the conclusion that my bones must weigh a lot and I have a lot of muscle b/c I'm not losing weight..... I did work out twice yesterday, intense workouts. Even my new jeans are getting big... I went to Target yesterday got a clearance shirt, XL and it looks so good on. I'm excited. I don't know how I can be 287 pounds and wear XL and be an 18. It just doesn't make sense to me! But hey as long as I'm looking better and less fat, I can't complain, right? Then why do I get frustrated with gaining or at least fluctuating around 281? I will get my monthly official measurements in 9 days. It will tell me my fat % and measurements. I'm curious to see how much that's gone down.

Taylor86
10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't think you can be a size 18 and xl shirt and weight 287...at least I don't think cause that's what I wear.

I think you need to invest in a few scale...I think yours has the devil inside of it! You are doing so great!!! Or perhaps stop weighting yourself at all? That's what I did..now I only measure and that is so much better for me because I too much stress on the numbers instead of the years I am adding to my life (well, was adding to my life..weight loss has kinda some to a stop at the moment cause of money)

I know you are doing great!

More personals to come...probably later tonight when I get home from rehearsal

caligirl98
10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm battling warm and cozy food. It's that time of year again, when I'm cold and all I want is warm and cozy food which is usually bad for me. Sorry, I suppose I should call it comfort food. Last night, I had some scrambled eggs with Monterey jack cheese and two hash brown on top of that with a bagel. I'm not even in the mood to calculate those calories, but I love that warm and fuzzy feeling it gave me. *grumble* Now I'm craving beef stew and chicken and dumplings. Ooohh and corn bread. Damn!

Here We Go: I'm with Taylor...throw that scale out the window and buy another one in a few months.

HeatherMcG
10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Jellb- So I went to the site and set it for "desk job". It said 2112. Holy Crap. I haven't eaten that many in I don't know when! I guess I know that one must eat to lose. But it seems so counterproductive. I am constantly analyzing every morsel that I ingest. I ask myself, will eating this get me closer to my goal? I finally start controlling my eating and now I have to eat more.... So weird!

Elwing
10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Just came back from running! Yay :) I hit the 20 minutes mark today.

Heather: I try to think about it like this: when I stuff myself up with things that are good for me (fruit, yoghurt, bread, vegetables) I'm less likely to go on a snack binge because I'm already full. I had designed my own diet, then I went to a dietist and she told me I was definitely eating too little (only around 1000-1200 calories, and I thought it was healthy!). I had to eat more bread, more yoghurt, and also make space for some snacks. It can definitely be true that you have to eat more to lose weight in a healthy way.

Here we go again
10-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Cali, Taylor- I would love to throw it out the window but I don't know if I can. I guess I could base any goals I have on inches? It's been engrained in me all my life to "lose weight" it's hard to get out of that mode. The only reason why I gt so excited about inches is b/c it's the only thing I can be excited about.

Heather- I totally understand. Mine is 2200 and it's hard to eat that much. I try to get 1800-2000 and call it a day.

Stephanie Osborne
10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I used to post here quite a while ago... anyway life took over and I got away from it. At that time I was around 130 lbs and looking to drop to around 117. A divorce, career change, move and marriage later I now find myself at 146! Eeeeeek... Anyway so here I am once again. I'm motivated by tickers, forums, blogging and esp. those in my same boat. Anyway there is my intro.... :)

Taylor86
10-14-2008, 04:34 PM
cali Oh my, I am so with you on the warm and fuzzy food. Ya know what really helps me though? Progresso Light...usually only 60 calories per serving and so 120 calories for a can! It's SO YUMMY. I split a can with my bf and then make a cheese sandwich with fat free cheese and light bread. Tea with splenda also help me...OH OH and swiss miss light chocolate coco! It's only 25 calories per pouch! I just want someone to come out with a light chili in a can!!!!

ghost
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
I am having an impossibly $h1tty day. I think my boyfriend just email dumped me. We've been having a tough time connecting on positive terms. I cancelled my trip down to see him because something "came up" on his end. But I'm still going on vacay, just to somewhere else (read: funner). Why waste a perfectly good ticket on someone who email breaks up with me. He didn't actually come out and say it, but the email included elusive statements like "Isn't it easier to have a little pain now than a lot more later?", and then he calls and claims "I did not just email dump you". Uhhhh, anyone?

Anyways, I can't talk to him today, at least not while I'm trying to work. Also, I have been terribly sick. sick sick. nasty sick. Lung butter, snot galore, fevers, puking. but I managed to maintain my weight, probably in sodium from soup. This is gross, but I puked up sushi on saturday night. With wasabi. OMG, it was the worst.

vdaybaby
10-14-2008, 07:15 PM
caligirl98: I am with you on battling the warm and cozy foods...my best friend and I always say that it is our body's natural tendency to want to gain weight for the cold weather...but that's probably just our excuse! :)I could recommend baked apples...soooo good

herewegoagain: you will definitely lose weight once your body gets used to gaining muscle...it's probably just the retention of water and your body's shock to increased exercise that is causing you to not lost weight in numbers...great job though! your probably feeling better as far as endurance and stuff...I definitely need to work out to get my endurance back up

stephie: :welcome2: Life changes definitely make me gain weight as well! It's hard staying consistent with weight loss when everything else is changing..

~Well, I usually just post in the WW Flex thread, but figured I should come write in the 20somethings. I read the weekly chat a lot, so it's time to contribute!

lovediet
10-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi everyone.

Okay so I saw this board and I thought "Oh sweet, a support group just for people in their 20's!" I have loved the support I have received on the Medifast threads so far, but it is also great to have people the same age as I am going through the same physical, emotional, and whatever else that only people in their 20's go through.

Anyway, I moved in with my boyfriend last Nov. to a totally different state that was 1,300 miles away from my family. I had never lived away from home before, and I guess I got really homesick and started turning to food for comfort.

A shocking 35 lbs later, I went home for my birthday and when I saw my birthday pictures I decided it was time to change.

Well.. so far I've lost 20 lbs. I still have a long way to go, but boy has losing weight given me a more positive outlook on life and my self-image.

Anyway, now for the off-topic part: You guys are in your 20's so maybe you can identify/help me out on this.

I graduated college almost 2 years ago and I am still having a HECK of a time getting a decent career. I've had many "jobs" since then that one could get by just having a high school diploma, but no careers. The best I've had yet was a job as a secretary, but there has been little ability to grow in the organization, (I have hit a ceiling.)

I've tried interning at different places and hob-nobbing with the right people, but it always ends up that I am "lacking the experience they need" even in the so-called 'entry-level' positions!

I need the right job to gain experience, but to get the job you need experience. Catch-22, isn't it?

Anyone else having career woes like me? If you overcame them, how?

Here we go again
10-14-2008, 07:29 PM
herewegoagain: you will definitely lose weight once your body gets used to gaining muscle...it's probably just the retention of water and your body's shock to increased exercise that is causing you to not lost weight in numbers...great job though! your probably feeling better as far as endurance and stuff...I definitely need to work out to get my endurance back up

I understand that there would be water retention, but for three months? Since I've started working out at the end of July I have lost 4 pounds and tons of inches. I've gone from a size 22 to an 18. It doesn't make any sense at all for me to lose all of these inches but no weight.

Ghost- I'm so sorry you're having a rough day. Can you stay home and get better? Everything is intensified when you don't feel good. Can you call ol boy when you get off work. Do you want to be with him or are you done? :hug:

garstar
10-14-2008, 07:45 PM
I understand that there would be water retention, but for three months? Since I've started working out at the end of July I have lost 4 pounds and tons of inches. I've gone from a size 22 to an 18. It doesn't make any sense at all for me to lose all of these inches but no weight.

Hey lady, so we have to get to the bottom of this!

Have you tried a different scale? Tried replacing your batteries? A new nice digital scale can run you about 30 bucks at walmart, mine broke on me - so I had to get a new one. It wasn't changing numbers, and saying I was over, and just all bezerk. I suggest getting yourself a new scale. Also - look at yourself, do you look different? Because that is what matters!

Blcarter84
10-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Ok so the back is feeling better but my TOM showed its ugly head and it is not a good one!! So another day of not working out but i should be mostly better by tomorrow. I weighed myself just to see and I weight exactly the same as last week so I am sure after my TOM is gone I will see a loss. I've been sooo stressed with everything that I just needed a break. Thank you all for your support, now its time to kick some @ss!!!

Here we go again
10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey lady, so we have to get to the bottom of this!

Have you tried a different scale? Tried replacing your batteries? A new nice digital scale can run you about 30 bucks at walmart, mine broke on me - so I had to get a new one. It wasn't changing numbers, and saying I was over, and just all bezerk. I suggest getting yourself a new scale. Also - look at yourself, do you look different? Because that is what matters!

I got a new scale 2 months ago. I also tried my roommate's scale, same number. I for sure look different. I mean from a size 22 to 18, is a lot. I don't know what else to do. When I checked almost a month ago I had lost 10 inches. I know it's more now. I'm thinking of getting a doctor's appointment to make sure everything is fine with me.

Star2Be
10-14-2008, 08:52 PM
I haven't done personals in a while, but I have a few extra minutes in the school library before I have to run off to rehearsal (for a theater class I'm taking this quarter! :D), so I just can't resist typing a few things before I go! Hehe.

Heather - Thanks! It does feel great! Congrats to you on your loss, too! We're two bad-a** 50-lb-losin' chicks. Hehe.

Artsnsmarts - Bummer about not being able to get to the gym! I can 100% relate--college IS really freaking hard! I go to a really challenging school, and it keeps me SO. BUSY. that it's almost impossible to get anything done that isn't either schoolwork or sleeping (though I usually manage to eat, heh). It sounds like your schedule is about to get very hectic, but stay strong girl! You can handle it! And you have all of us to support you. Even if you have gained back a few lbs, that doesn't devalue all the hard work you've done and will continue to do. You can stop slipping NOW, just take control. As corny as it sounds, we believe in you! Sending good vibes your way. :goodvibes:

Jelbb - WOW, you are really too kind! Thank you so much! Hehe. All I know is I wish I were close to Onederland... But I have a feeling that those 14 lbs are going to be the hardest ones yet, LOL. And congrats on your loss, too, that is awesome! Even if the number is different tomorrow (gotta HATE when that happens! lol) at least you know that you are definitely headed in the right direction. Here's hoping that you maintain that loss!

Here we go - Thank you!! And I, too, am extremely shocked by your troubles with the scale. You've gone from a size 22 to an 18 since July?! That is awesome! To me it seems waaay counterintuitive that you'd see such a big change in your physique and yet it's not reflected on the scale. It sounds like you've been checking it, and if your roommate's scale reads the same, it seems like it must be right... But there's got to be something fishy going on here. :?: Then again, weight loss is a strange thing I guess. I've been working on this for, what, almost 3 months now, and I still feel like I don't know the first thing about it. I guess I'd just say good on you for being able to revel in all the inches you've lost, because really when it comes down to it, it's more about how you look/feel than the number on the scale. Obviously whatever you're doing is working! But maybe if you do go to the doctor, the reading on his/her scale will tell you something more. The doctor's scales are always painfully accurate LOL. Good luck to ya!

caligirl - Mmm, comfort food. When I was younger my mom would always make this really delicious creamy mushroom rice for me because it's sooo yummy but bland enough that you can always stomach it. It's my ultimate comfort food! OOOh, and some warm, buttered toast would be so good right now... Or some waffles... Aaah I shouldn't have read your post; now it's got me going, too! Haha. STAY STRONG! It's ok to write down what you're craving, as long as you don't actually have it! ;)

As for me, I am doing pretty well today. I am a little stressed out because my schedule has been/is going to be CRAZY this week. I start class at 10:30AM and usually don't get back to my dorm until 9-10PM, with all my classes, working, rehearsals for various things, meetings, etc. It kinda sucks! Although I like going out on the weekends, during the week I am a total homebody type and all I want to do is go back to my room and veg out as soon as I finish class... But instead I have all of these obligations. Yuck. It also sucks because it gives me less time to do my schoolwork, which isn't such a problem right now because I'm totally on top of things ATM, but ya never know when something will come up! Plus I have a Spanish test tomorrow, and a Biology test on Friday... Too much work! Lol.

Gotta go to rehearsal now! But I'll probably wander back to 3FC later tonight after I finish studying... :D

Chele615
10-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Herewegoagain....it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor about the lack of weight loss, even if it just makes you feel better about things. I can totally understand why things would be wicked frustrating losing all the tons of inches you are losing and not any pounds. You are doing awesome though, so anything that can help put your mind at ease might be a good thing.

star2be....I just think your profile picture/avatar is so freaking cute!!!! I think it everytime I see it and figured I would let you know ;)

RememberHowToSmile
10-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I’m still having a bit of trouble staying on track. It is hard when there is junk food. I gave away most of my birthday cake to the security guards in my building. But there is still brownies. And I’m all PMSy so that means I want sweets and salty. I’m trying to keep on track. Tomorrow is a new day.

Bella – Good job exercising.

Meredith – Great job losing 50 pounds :cb:

Arts – I’m sure you didn’t gain 5 pounds, get to the gym. It looks like you schedule is really packed (I totally understand from being a law student). Try and get little burst of working out during the day. Or try and do little extra things like park as fall away or do a couple of extra rounds on the stairs.

Leigh – are you feeling better.

Jelbb – Thanks for the complement. That sounds like a good plan, I had a friend who was terrible allergic to wheat and from my understanding having a family member who is allergic makes you more likely to be allergic. How long have you cut out wheat.

Erin – What is your strolling class?

Here we go – I’ve been jumping around the same 5 pounds for nearly a year. It’s frustrating but I have lost a little bit of size and that keeps me going. Good job being an xl.

Taylor – as I said my number in the scale hasn’t changed but I feel so much better, that keeps me going.

Cali – it is so funny you mention that because I was thinking scrambled eggs on a bagel or stew and corn muffins . . .

Elwing – good job running.

Stephanie – Welcome back!!!

Ghost –Sorry about the boyfriend. Hang in there things will get better. Feel better.

Vday – Welcome to the forum.

Love Diet – Welcome to the forum, you will find a ton of support from the 20somethings here. It nice to have people going though the same issues as you.

BLcarter – Sorry your having a bad day. Hang in there.

artsnsmarts
10-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Star and Remember - thanks for the support. I'm trying so hard to stay on top of things and not let myself get too stressed out, but with midterms this week I feel like it's impossible. I'm trying so hard not to get down on myself about the weight loss...it's just that we are doing a musical this year that frequently has girls in it not wearing a lot of clothing (haha), so I know that my size will definitely factor into my castability in it. At this point, at my height and a size 12, I'm looking pretty good in everyday clothes, but wearing less? I'd really like to be a 10 or an 8 before auditions.

I should probably be able to get to the gym tomorrow. I honestly think that's part of what's getting me down because I'm so used to that endorphin rush almost every day that I might be feeling a little bit depressed without it. Like I said, I'm doing the best I possibly can with my eating, and I'm still relatively active with running around campus for classes and running up stairs and stuff, but I still am nervous about how I'm going to look for auditions come January...

Thanks for the support ladies. It feels great to see such positivity here when so much of the world right now is focused on conflict :)

Jelbb
10-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Here We Go Again (Hereafter known as HWGA!):
The doctor's appointment's probably not a bad idea, but all is probably well! Also, yay for the new shirt from Target. I love getting new clothes that might not have fit before, but are now looking pretty spiffy! I'm so jealous of your loss of inches. I know it must be a PAIN and a HALF not to see that number drop down, but at least the clothes are starting to fit better, right? Or.. rather not fit at all, which isn't necessarily a bad thing... except on your wallet. ;)

Heather:
And when is being told by a weight loss thinger to eat more a BAD thing? ;)

Did you look down at the bottom where it said "extreme fat loss"? It usually tells me I need to eat like 1300 to 1400 a day for "extreme fat loss", about 1500-1700 for "fat loss", and tells me I need slightly over 2200 for maintenance or SOMETHING like that. And it can zig-zag your days for you tooo. :D

Elwing:
20 minutes? That's AWESOME!!! :D
Is it sad that I don't think I could pull that off? To be honest, I can't actually run, because when I do, I wear myself out REALLY quickly, because I can't pace myself... so I tend to do a lot better on an elliptical. It's sad tho, because I'd prefer to run outside. Pacing. Need to pace myself...

Stephie:
Welcome back, darlin! Rock out the support group. I'm the same way. The tickers, the friendly people... all of it motivates me, and makes me WANT to get on that scale in the morning. Awesome times. Visit often! Post lots! :D

Ghost:
I was with a guy for a year and a half. He sent me an e-mail. I can repeat it word-for-word EXACTLY how it was sent to me without looking it up. In a moment you'll see why:

Jess,

I don't want to be with you anymore.

sorry,

A---

My point being... no one knows better than I what kind of mixture of ANGER, and SADNESS wash over you all at once. I am so sorry that douchebags who can't say things to your face exist. I hope you go away on vacay and meet some super sexy hotty in revenge to his idiocy. We're here for ya darling.

In the future... bananas are the best thing in the world to throw back up.
Something to think about. And potentially be disgusted by. Depends upon your tolerance level, I suppose.

VDay:
CONTRIBUTE MORE! :D

LoveDiet:
Welcome!!! Yeah, I think pictures were what started to make be feel repulsed by myself. They can do a lot to motivate you to work on the weight loss, that's for sure. And being homesick can definitely wreak havoc with the waistline. :( Post lots, and stick around!!
I.. am so totally useless with the job hunting stuff. At a mere 21, I still need to get finished with school. This is writing-my-essay avoidance, right now...

Blcarter84:
Woo, kick-*** time!!!! I'm sure as soon as your TOM is gone, you'll drop a bit, and that'll give ya even more motivation!
Hey, how's your back??

Meredith:
Oh, you are SO close to Onederland, you just keep rocking it girl! And we're all here for support!

AND, I am sooooo like you. After class, I looove going home and chilling, watching a couple episodes of one of the seasons of shows I own.. That 70s Show or Friends... I HATE when I have class.. class.. lunch.. class.. work.. bed. Horrible days. I hope some gaps open up in your schedule!

Are you a theater major? Rehearsals much?

RememberHowToSmile:
I've ONLY cut it out for like the last 4 days, lol. But I went grocery shopping and got myself all stocked up on wheat-free products. Rice noodles, and rice crackers, and wheat and gluten-free bread. Then I just shopped normally for fruits and veg, and eggs and such. I don't actually think this gluten free thing's gonna be too hard... and I've lost at least a lb or two over the course of three days of doin' it... could just be water weight, but still!!! :D

ArtnSmarts:
Auditions? Actress? Theater Major? Quoi?
Good luck getting to the gym! I have faith in you!
I have very little faith in me tho, getting my *** outta bed seems to be quite the feat these days. I was in a tiff with my boyfriend online, and when I'm upset, I can't focus on anything. So I went to bed at 8 pm. I couldn't force myself to get up until 8 AM. What the eff is wrong with me, lol?

I think gettin' your bootay to the gym will not only help by rockin' those endorphins to ya, but will probably make you want to eat healthier just because of all the effort you're putting in! It makes you feel better, which makes you wanna keep working further towards looking and feeling better! Good luck!!! :D

AND AS FOR ME:
As a treat to myself, I weighed myself before bed, and I am 158.8. Which means.. that after dinner and all, I'm still a lb less than 160. Which means.. Jess rocks out the first official moving of the ticker since she got back to 3FC tonight. YAY!!! 159. *dancey dance* My first official losssssss!!!!

RememberHowToSmile
10-14-2008, 11:48 PM
I decided to add up my calories for today (I really didn’t want to but I though I should own up for what I’ve eaten). Well I’ve ate a bunch of crap but it only was 1300 calories worth of crap so I guess the day could have been worse. I sat down and planned tomorrow so I’m not going to do the same things, made my sandwich for lunch, and have a healthy dinner planned out. So tomorrow will be a better day.

Arts – A size 12 is a good size, you’re making great progress. I’m between a 12 and 14 and um look at my avatar … I never though I would wear that outside of my house.

Jellb – good job dropping below 160 :cb:

leighish
10-15-2008, 02:10 AM
feeling tons better! Weighed in at 204 this morning so I'm on the right track. I'm so close to onederland I can taste it. I'm really going to go bananas if I plateau at 200.2lbs or something.
Tomorrow is DH's birthday and he's requested Enchiladas and boston creme cake. Maybe i'll just skip lunch :dizzy:

artsnsmarts
10-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Jelbb -- Working actress in Boston AND theatre major. It's like....having two jobs. Plus being a waitress is three jobs. Ahhhhhhhh it's busy! And I think we are the same person...when I'm upset I can't do ANYTHING. AT. ALL. And you're TOTALLY RIGHT about me not wanting to put the effort into food partially as a result of not going to the gym. I can't believe I didn't think of that before, but it's 100% right. I'm almost definitely going to be able to make it tomorrow since I only have one class to do homework for for Thursday, so I'm not giving myself any excuses!!

Remember -- I think size 12 is a great size!! I actually really like being a 12...I feel sort of curvy and voluptuous and sexy without feeling like a "big girl", if you know what I mean. If I weren't an actress, I would probably be pretty happy to stay here. Unfortunately, though, I am...and theatre is a business and my commodity is my look (in combination with my talent), so I have to make myself as marketable and employable as possible. Sucks, but true. AND BTW -- you look GREAT in your photo!! I can't believe you've lost 130 lbs....it's unreal and inspiring!!

Stephanie Osborne
10-15-2008, 12:02 PM
ghost - Good for you for not letting him ruin what could turn out to be a fabulous little trip. Way to focus on the positives. Email breaking up is for lam-o's.

lovediet - Welcome aboard. I think it is so much more useful to be able to talk to people that are around your same age. I was like you in my early twenties (27 now...) I job hopped and really couldnt find my niche. I thought that life was just going to a job and working hard. I knew that some people LOVED their jobs however I just didn't have anything like that. I found photography at 25 and am blissfully happy. Now I say thats bull you just need to keep your eyes open and try new things till you find something you love. It makes all the difference. I think there is a saying that the average person has 20 jobs before they find the one.

Blcarter84 - Isn't it awesome when even on TTOm your even... lets look forward to that loss girly!

Star2Be - Whew I am tired after just READING your schedule.

RemeberHowToSmile - Awesome job on giving away the birthday cake. Cake is my vice... your my hero lol.

artsnsmarts - Get those endorphins girly. Whent things get tough keep up your workout you'll never be sorry that you did.

Jelbb - Love your avatar, has anyone ever told you that you look like portia de rossi? YAY on the loss, thats awesome lets see some more! I'll be your cheerleader lol.

leighish - Glad your feeling better. Try this trick I used to utilize when I felt like treating on a birthday CUT YOUR PORTION BY HALF. Then you get to induldge because you know your going to, but you've only got half of it to work out. Its always the first bite that tastes the best anyway right?

As for me...

Last night I had two goals. I wanted to eat right for the rest of the evening and get a half an hour of cardio in. Half the battle was won... Yesterday was a VERY good day for me eating wise. Since the cardio was skipped I will just have to make it up tonight. I've recently moved to a new town and they have an awesome rec center. This afternoon I am going to go get a punch card. I forgot to bring my workout clothes with me. Its soooooo much easier when my put doesn't step foot into my house. Once I'm home i've got so much to do photo wise that its a wonder I get any sleep at night. I have a real hard time putting myself first and justifying a workout when Im behind.

Sipping my skinny mach, pondering a healthy lunch and planning on hitting it hard for an hour tonight after work. After that I have an album to work on for a client which should take up the rest of the night. The real challenge will be to avoid that nightime snacking. Wish me luck!

Jelbb
10-15-2008, 12:12 PM
ArtsnSmarts:
Omigosh, it ruins me, lol. As soon as I'm upset, or I think that someone's mad at me, I'm gone. I can't concentrate on anything else, it consumes my being. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I cannot for the life of me focus on anything else, or pretend that I'm happy when I'm not. It's maddening to have that kind of loss of control over my emotions, lol.

That is MENTAL that you're a theater major, have a job as a waitress AND are acting. NUTS. What'd'you do? Stage acting? What're you rehearsing right now?

I TOTALLY hope that the gym helps. I always feel so much more motivated to be my super healthy fantastic self when I'm getting out of the gym after seeing my elliptical machine count down the 400 calories I just burned in my rock-out work-out. ;)

I find that it REALLY REALLY helps with food as well to plan out things in advance when your will-power is strong. If you go to the cupboard when you're starving and wanting immediate food, it's so much more difficult to say no to the snackiest junk food you can just GRAB. If you've got something planned in advance, you can start making it before you're hungry, and wind up eating something super good for you.

My friend's mom was trying to sell me on brussel sprouts the other day. She said that the reason that I hate them is because I've only ever had them steamed, a fashion in which she says they should never be eaten.
She watched Emeril, and he cut them in half, and covered them in oil and salt, and baked them until they were black in the oven, until they were crispy, like chips. I'm SO trying it tonight. If I can manage to find a way to like BRUSSEL SPROUTS, I can do anything. :D

Stephie:
Oh dear lord, do I ever wish I looked like her. I also kind of wished I was married to Ellen. Not so much interested in the sex, what with my heterosexuality, but can you imagine spending your life with Ellen? You'd spend your whole life laughing and happy. Damn. Hehe.

And.. YAY for having you as my cheerleader!! You've already made me feel happy by telling me I look like some gorgeous insane star, muwaha. :D THANK YOU! :D

Here we go again
10-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Bad day.... Why is that I'm I'm the only female in the office, therefore the only compassionate one? One of our workers got hurt, not at work. He's missed the last two days. He was a severely sprained ankle. They wouldn't let me get him a chair. I'm tired of them not listening to me. I know my stuff and I'm not a dumb female. The owner is gone today, so that means they don't listen to me for sure. The owner does listen to me. I'm just not use to it. Every organization and everything I do, I'm respected and listened to. Today, my one friend and ali, turned on me. I'm so mad, I either want to cry or beat up everyone.

ghost
10-15-2008, 01:34 PM
HWGA: Didn't we talk about the inappropriateness of workplace violence last week? Now, take a deep breath, or maybe 10 or 15 in your case today...and as you breath out let the tension and anger go out of you...
I'm practicing to be a self help guru like guru pitka, only not the love guru...I'll be the hate guru.

So far today has been a mixed bag. Talked to my ex boyfriend last night on the phone. He claimes that he still loves me, just needs a break to get his life together. Granted , he has a lot going on, but I'm not going to "wait" for him. I'm getting old. I want to get married and be happy, not wait around for him to be done with his "break".

I weighed in at 167.5 this am. Of course, as usual I must see that number more then once before I change my ticker. I've been sick and not working out and not eating much so I'm sure I'll gain some back. And I'm about due for my TOM. I feel sicker today then usual, but its probably from all the crying I've been doing. Oh, yeah, today I am wearing my GOAL pants. size 11 billabong jeans. They are super tight but thankfully no camel toe...lmao!

Here we go again
10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Ghost- you crack me up. I'm sorry about the boy. I think you're right, you don't need to wait for him. There's someone out there for you. Someone who will respect you and honor you. Congrats on the size 11 jeans!!! Does that mean you're going to change your goal?

As far as work place violence. I feel betrayed and I don't get over that very easily. I only had one friend at work, granted he's a guy, I should have known he would side with everyone else. I don't think I mentioned this, but yesterday I got a call from the court advocate from my domestic violence case 8 months ago, and it may go to trial. If it does, may have to fly back to Kansas City. I don't want to relive it and I don't want to face him. But I also don't want him to go free and do it to someone else. I live in CA and it's not exactly an easy trip. I feel very emotional today. Can I just go back to bed? I'm actually thinking of just leaving and going home, but that won't fix anything.

caligirl98
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Can someone tell me where I can pick up a nice hefty load of motivation? I had plenty of it back in the early part of the year and now it's all gone. I don't feel like working out AT ALL. The control eating thing is easy cause I don't really feel like fixing food either. I just want to lay down and rest for a week. Screw eating. Screw working out. Screw work. Screw school. I need a freaking break. JEEZ!

Ok, I'm done.

Ghost: can't you take a day off? You've been sick for like a week, right? and then the BF issues. You need a mental break and your body needs to recuperate. A day of Ghost time, a good book and some R&R seems to be in order.

HWGA: <<<<I like the new name! Yeah, I've worked in some sucky work places. So I know where you're coming from. And work place violence is not the answer, though if you're in the parking lot and slash a few tires, that is kind of outside the work place right?

back to work...

Here we go again
10-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Can someone tell me where I can pick up a nice hefty load of motivation? I had plenty of it back in the early part of the year and now it's all gone. I don't feel like working out AT ALL. The control eating thing is easy cause I don't really feel like fixing food either. I just want to lay down and rest for a week. Screw eating. Screw working out. Screw work. Screw school. I need a freaking break. JEEZ!

Ok, I'm done.

Ghost: can't you take a day off? You've been sick for like a week, right? and then the BF issues. You need a mental break and your body needs to recuperate. A day of Ghost time, a good book and some R&R seems to be in order.

HWGA: <<<<I like the new name! Yeah, I've worked in some sucky work places. So I know where you're coming from. And work place violence is not the answer, though if you're in the parking lot and slash a few tires, that is kind of outside the work place right?

back to work...

Cali- I say we all need a break!!! We're going to lose it, if we don't. I know workplace violence won't be good. Besides their dudes and I would hate to show them up. lol I can't wait to exercise tonight. I feel better when i exercise. Motivation? I don't know what to tell you. The main thing that is keeping me motivated is pure stubbornness. I'm going to lose weight just b/c my dang scale is telling me I'm not. Where's the restart button for this day? I need it!!!!

ghost
10-15-2008, 02:02 PM
HWGO: I feel you on the DV court thing. I went through alot with my son's father and had several domestic violence hearings for protective orders for myself and my son. He always showed up in the court room to try and defend his actions and even tried to file protective orders against me. Honestly, after the actual violence I was better off then I was before or after court hearing, those were more traumatizing for me. I hope, with consideration for your location, they can maybe teleconference you in? You should talk to the prosecuting attny about that possibility.

ghost
10-15-2008, 02:07 PM

Ok, I'm done.

back to work...

I took monday off, so I had a long weekend, and friday is Alaska Day here in the great northern state, so I have that off for another long weekend. but other then that I'm saving my personal leave for vacation, where I will have about 8 days off. I think I will start gettting better now that the high drama is over.

beaka
10-15-2008, 02:15 PM
:dizzy:Hi, all!

Just checking in this week, because I fell off the wagon. Totally. And I think I hit my head on the concrete on the way down. I went home this weekend. First night, I went to the fair after having had chinese food for lunch. I had a sausage link, turkey leg, and funnel cake with cinnamon and sugar (Ok... I shared it all with the guy I was with). After said fair, when I'm on my way home, said guy decided that we need to "cool out." Said guy and I had problems, but I really thought it was gonna be ok. And you chose to tell me this by PHONE after you were just with me. That was a jerk move. So the next day I go to lunch with my best friend and have a fattening taco salad and start drinking. I go out that evening with another group of girlfriends where I have the fried shrimp platter with a side of pasta. Sunday, after church my family decided to go to a buffet. I ate until I was about to bust. Then, that night I have baskin robbins. 2 scoops of heath bar with a waffle cone. Guy calls that night to say how stupid he was and his decision might have been premature. You got that right, buddy, but you can't take it back. You want space, you can have all the space you need. I get back to my apartment last night, and overeat as I go through the first night of me and said guy not talking on the phone. Ok... I'm done now. I think I just needed to purge.

I'm back on track (I think). I've been eating healthy so far today and I plan to go to the gym tonight. I'm starting over on my couch to 5k. As I run I'm gonna use the idea of me being a smokin' hot chick with runner's legs as motivation. He has no idea what he's missing out on. ;)

Jelbb
10-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Beaka:
What a ****fest of a weekend for you, what with the boy being a douche and all. You think you're gonna hold his boyish idiocy against him? Space-wise?

And hey, everyone deserves a terrible binge weekend. Might as well treat yourself to get you through some hard times. The important thing is that you're checking in, and you're back on track!!! I have faith in you!

Here we go again
10-15-2008, 02:30 PM
HWGO: I feel you on the DV court thing. I went through alot with my son's father and had several domestic violence hearings for protective orders for myself and my son. He always showed up in the court room to try and defend his actions and even tried to file protective orders against me. Honestly, after the actual violence I was better off then I was before or after court hearing, those were more traumatizing for me. I hope, with consideration for your location, they can maybe teleconference you in? You should talk to the prosecuting attny about that possibility.

I'm sorry that you went through it. If I had a child, it would have been so much worse. You're my new hero! I wont know anything until Monday when he goes to court. I'll ask them about a teleconference. I don't have the money to fly out there, they would have to help me. I feel like I've moved on and it would open up old wounds to face him. Why are some guys such idiots? lol I guess if I had that answer I would be rich, huh?

ghost
10-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry that you went through it. If I had a child, it would have been so much worse. You're my new hero! I wont know anything until Monday when he goes to court. I'll ask them about a teleconference. I don't have the money to fly out there, they would have to help me. I feel like I've moved on and it would open up old wounds to face him. Why are some guys such idiots? lol I guess if I had that answer I would be rich, huh?

Actually, having a kid made my decisions so much easier to make. I wasn't doing it for myself, I was doing it for him. Here in Alaska, because our communities are often seperated by several hundreds of miles and lots of water they allow victims and petitioners to appear by teleconference. Sometimes even Defendants appear by teleconference for certain circumstances (like if they are being held in an anchorage jail but their court case is heard in a different district). What I found really helped victims was being able to be present by teleconference from a DV programs offices with an advocate present with them. I highly recommend this as the best way to appear if they will allow you to do that.

Here we go again
10-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Ghost- I didn't know that courts did that. I won't find out anything until next Tuesday. I'll talk to them then to see if we can do that. It would be so much better. Now, I just feel antsy until then. I wish she wouldn't have called me. I do feel better about the workplace thing. I talked to the friend, and we worked it out. So we're cool again, even though I'm still going to call him a punk. :) But then again I always do.

ghost
10-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Way to go on your workplace conflict resolution skillz! You get a gold star for today!

Here we go again
10-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Way to go on your workplace conflict resolution skillz! You get a gold star for today!

Thanks!!!! I thought it would be good to actually be a nice person. I need to have allies with some of the guys.... I don't need them gaining up on me. Besides I hate being in a bad mood or mad.

I think you get :carrot::carrot: for your help! And b/c you just need one. :)

caseygail21
10-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Hey Ladies, I haven't been on here all week. It's been a busy one so far. I've been OP AND working out everyday! Yay! The weekend is a different story :S. Saturday night involved pizza and wine and Sunday involved chicken and dumpling's. I have no excuse really. Just good friends and good food. The important thing is I'm back on track. I've always had a lot of difficulty with getting a grip on weekends with friends. I seem to lose control when everyone around me is eating awesome food. I've dealt with it before and I will deal with it now. I lost 30 pounds, I know I can lose 30 more.

I'm about to go for a walk at the park, I'm trying to soak up this beautiful weather. I know it won't last much longer.

ghost
10-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks!!!! I thought it would be good to actually be a nice person. I need to have allies with some of the guys.... I don't need them gaining up on me. Besides I hate being in a bad mood or mad.

I think you get :carrot::carrot: for your help! And b/c you just need one. :)

awww, shucks, thanks!

Stephanie Osborne
10-15-2008, 05:33 PM
ghost - Here is to thet 167.5 sticking! Awesome to be able to wear the goal pants, lmao about the camel toe remark...

caligirl98 - I keep a blog and when I am lacking in motivation I find it helpful to be able to inspire myself with past posts... see how much of a rockstar I used to be which makes me not want to ruin the streak. How about a reward for like 10 days in a row working out...

beaka - Thats quite a fall, yay on the c25k I think I'm going to restart too. Keep that image girly you can do it! STAY ON TRACK...

caseygail21 - Wish I had some beautiful weather, I'm in Windy Wyoming. Your right what does matter is your OP and on track now. At least you know weekends are your weakness which is half the battle...

So I tabulated my cals from yesterday and was totally OP. Went and bought a pass to the rec and packed my workout clothes in my car. I WILL MAKE IT TO THE REC CENTER TONIGHT. THE ELIPTICAL IS MY FRIEND.... OP for today so far just need to again get through tonight. On a side note its great to be back. I know its only been one day of being OP and techinically no days of working out lol but this is me, the REAL me. I've missed just caring about what I put in my body ya know.

artsnsmarts
10-15-2008, 07:03 PM
jelbb -- It is completely mental. Absolutely crazy. But I like being busy more than being bored, I guess!! I am in several showcase-type things now...just little scenes that will be done next week. I am singing for a RIDICULOUSLY famous Broadway Musical Director in 2-3 weeks, so I'm trying really hard to stay healthy and focused for that. I'm also shooting a commercial in mid-November. And I get called for auditions usually about once a week in the city, so that's all happening as well... And then in January I have auditions for our Spring musical which I'm hoping to lose maybe 10 - 15 more lbs before. It would just be a big confidence boost :)

beaka I FREQUENTLY used hotness as revenge/motivation for success!! It's AMAZING how much wanting to get back at other people makes me work, haha!

I'm DEFINITELY making it to the gym tonight!! I'm so excited!! I have to wait another hour or so because I can only go to the gym at certain times because I have a student membership, but I'm STOOOOKED! I'm a little scared to step on the scale, but I need to see what it says to be able to get back on track. I haven't been as strict about writing down my food lately, so I need to reel that back in as well.

It's funny...when I'm feeling down about the weight loss I feel like I trick myself into NOT looking at 3FC because I don't want to admit what I've done or something, when in reality that's what gets me back on track and keeps me going!!
Oyyyy I'm crazy!! Hopefully I'll have good news (or not TOO much bad news!) to report when I get back from the gym :)

Jelbb
10-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Arts:
Ohh, that's so cool about your auditions.. and commercials and stuff, that's nuts! Good luck singing infront of the uber Broadway Musical dude. That's so cool that you're actually doing something towards a career, lol. Makes my life sound so... useless, lol. :D

I'm totally the same way with 3FC. If ever I've fallen off the wagon for weeks at a time, I have a really hard time bringing myself to come back to the forums... which is silly, because people are super encouraging and just have tons of faith in you, and motivate you to get back OP! :)

YAY for getting to the gym tonight! I hope it motivates you eating-wise as well like we were chatting about! GOOD LUCK!!

artsnsmarts
10-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Good news all around!!

I went to the gym, which felt GREAT GREAT GREAT!! I'm so happy I got back there tonight. Also, I was pissed because I thought they had taken away all of the treadmills that have the TVs on them which I LOVE, and guess what?? I FOUND THEM!! They're just in a different part of the gym that is sort of hidden and I couldn't see them!!

ALSO -- I'm not up in weight!! I'm exactly where I was before, at 195.25 and I'm sooooooo happy!! That DEFINITELY motivates me to keep at it at the gym...though it may not be 100% consistent I'm going to go whenever I can!

AND THEN, EVEN BETTER -- I went to the grocery store and they're finally stocking VitaMuffins! They're a little pricey, so I'll have to make sure I REALLY like them, but they might be worth it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND THEN!! I know....all great so far...what could possibly happen??? I FOUND $20 ON THE GROUND ON THE WAY HOME. I'm not even kidding!! My groceries were $28 so I really only paid $8 for my food!! HA! Take that, universe!

RememberHowToSmile
10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Today was a pretty good day. I had my “senior photo” take. Yeah they make you do it again in law school. The photo didn’t turn out bad but I wasn’t about to buy them. Instead, my sisters friend who is a photographer offered to do after photos the same place I had photos taken when I was at my heaviest, after my surgery. I also asked if she would do before and after surgery photos. I’m so pumped, it’s going to be so much fun.

Oh and I didn't eat a bunch of crap today.

I also got invited to two Halloween parties next weekend, I probable should go to both. I need to get a costume. I’m hoping that I can actually wear something cute this year, my sister has a tinker bell costume that I’m going to try on and see how it looks. Otherwise shopping.

Arts – I really think it is terrible how you have to conform your size like that. Good job getting to the gym!!!

Stephanie – My parents bought me a fruit basket instead of cake which I thought was amazing but then my sister got a half sheet cake. Grrrrr. Oh well it’s gone now and my security guards love me. Sweets are my vice too.

Jelbb – how did the sprouts turn out? I’ve never had them . . .

HWGA – Sorry about the rough day do something for yourself and relax.

Ghost – Good job with the size 11.

Cali – Try and get in on the planning and accountability threads . . . tons of motivation out there.

Beaka – Pick you self up and get back on the wagon!

Casey – Good job staying on plan even if you aren’t coming to visit us.

Jelbb
10-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Arts:
You have had... the exact opposite day of me. You have had... the most awesome day in the world... I have had... the ****tiest day in the world... I am SO jealous of you right now, lol. But SO proud of you! Way to go on getting to the gym, and finding your MONEY, and getting healthy food... I think.. what are Vitamuffins???

RHTS:
My brussel sprouts actually turned out fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised. You should totally try it. I'll definitely be buying more, lol.

Update on my Crap-fest of a day:
Slight tiff with the bf, he couldn't come online and chat with me tonight because he's going out drinking. Which was disappointing, but I'll live. I replied "K." to his txt. Three hours later he replied back in a txt with an outraged, "What, so I'm not allowed a social life??" and hasn't txted me since. ...huzzaaaahhhhh...

I skipped my night class today because I have been having oddly emotional fits of tears today over random ****, which was in hindsight probably a bad idea, because my prof will yell a lot next Monday. I'd better get some **** done over the weekend. Lordie, I hate that man.

And FINALLY:
This summer I had salmonella poisoning. Actually, the bf and I both did. It was unpleasant, with unpleasant digestive side effects.

My stomach is gurgling and feeling... bad... and I am having unpleasant digestive issues. And I am flash-backing to the egg I made myself for breakfast this morning and having a mild panic attack. I cannot have salmonella poisoning again, I have two exams this week... oh please god say that this goes away.... :(

HeatherMcG
10-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi girls!

So here I am on a little vacation with my hubby. We decided to get away for a just a couple of days. We ate out tonight and it was AUCE. Luckily, AICE was a bit of a chicken leg, some mashed potatoes and gravy, and a broth/noodle soup. Whew! *wipes sweat* disaster avoided! I did treat myself to a small serving of chocolate ice cream with a little caramel sauce! MMMMMMMM, my usual weakness.... but about 1/2 of it and I had had enough. I am finally feeling like I have this eating business under control. We shall see how the remainder of it goes.......:)

I did workout. I rode the bike and ran on the treadmill! Can you believe I ran at 7.0 MPH for a minute? No, it wasn't long. But, if you knew my struggles you would see that this is a HUGE accomplishment. I also used the weight machines and worked my major groups. Another benefit is that the hotel is smack-dab in the center of everything, meaning, we are walking everywhere for the next few days! Right on!

artsnsmarts
10-15-2008, 11:30 PM
jelbb -- they're basically vitamin-enhanced muffins, but they don't taste like "health food". They have brownies, too!! I tried one and I really like it. Definitely a little on the pricey side, but a nice treat now and again :)
I'm sure your unpleasant digestive issues are due to stress. I've had salmonella as well, and I feeeeeeeeeel your pain, lady. Ugh. Gross. Drink some water and try and get some rest. Come to think of it, your emotional issues might be due to the stress, too!! Midterms are killing me...though I had the one I was most worried about today. I have one more Friday/Monday (it's a two day test....what?!), but it's open-notes and I take AMAZING notes, so I'm not worried.

Remember -- I think it's terrible, too, but I'm willing to sacrifice that for how much I love theatre. It's probably healthier for me to be smaller, too. It's an unfortunate truth in the theatre world, but one that I have to accept.

Annita
10-16-2008, 12:06 AM
i bought an yoga dvd and started last night.
Today, it's killing me.
I've never thought that practice yoga seems effecting my muscles more than i did 30th shred (cuz 30 day shred lvl 1 didn't give me as much sore as this).
Love this feeling tho.
I've bought few dvd work outs and plan to go through them one day per week so i don't get bored easily (except for 30 day shred , of course)
Hope everyone has a nice week and weekend is coming.

Iconised Ghost
10-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Arts:
You have had... the exact opposite day of me. You have had... the most awesome day in the world... I have had... the ****tiest day in the world... I am SO jealous of you right now, lol. But SO proud of you! Way to go on getting to the gym, and finding your MONEY, and getting healthy food... I think.. what are Vitamuffins???

RHTS:
My brussel sprouts actually turned out fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised. You should totally try it. I'll definitely be buying more, lol.

Update on my Crap-fest of a day:
Slight tiff with the bf, he couldn't come online and chat with me tonight because he's going out drinking. Which was disappointing, but I'll live. I replied "K." to his txt. Three hours later he replied back in a txt with an outraged, "What, so I'm not allowed a social life??" and hasn't txted me since. ...huzzaaaahhhhh...

I skipped my night class today because I have been having oddly emotional fits of tears today over random ****, which was in hindsight probably a bad idea, because my prof will yell a lot next Monday. I'd better get some **** done over the weekend. Lordie, I hate that man.

And FINALLY:
This summer I had salmonella poisoning. Actually, the bf and I both did. It was unpleasant, with unpleasant digestive side effects.

My stomach is gurgling and feeling... bad... and I am having unpleasant digestive issues. And I am flash-backing to the egg I made myself for breakfast this morning and having a mild panic attack. I cannot have salmonella poisoning again, I have two exams this week... oh please god say that this goes away.... :(

3 hours later, after x number of beers....

I hope its not salmonella poisoning too :hug: i dont think it is (thats my professional medical opinion :D), i agree that its probably just stress.

Chele615
10-16-2008, 07:29 AM
I hope it's not salmonella poisoning either. Sounds like you really can't afford to have that right now. I'm sure it's just stress related and hopefully once the week dies down, you'll be feeling better!

Jelbb
10-16-2008, 11:33 AM
PHEW. I think you were all right, it was probably just stress.
Even last night, I was thinking, "How freaking likely is it that I get salmonella poisoning TWICE over the course of 4 months...?" But it felt insanely the same.

Thankfully, when I woke up this morning, my stomach had stopped gurgling and cramping. If it was stress, the de-stressing sleep must've done it some good.

Bf still hasn't txted me, despite the fact that it's 2:30 pm there.

POSITIVE that I just failed my midterm exam for this one class.

Have to work this afternoon with our new manager who's changing everything in our store... I swear, she's less mature than me, and only a few years older. She's never been a manager before. She called me three times while I was in class to ask me to work on Saturday (I had this weekend off) and I kept sending her a busy signal until she finally left a message, since I couldn't answer in my LECTURE... I said, fine, I'd work the three hours... she called me back last night and slashed three hours off my shift TODAY. So... I only took the Saturday shift to make more money. And she has negated the extra money... and now I work on my weekend off. AGAIN. Siiiiiiigh. :(

...wow, are you guys sick of me b!tch!ng yet, lol? :D

Here we go again
10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
So today is so much better! Sorry about my rant yesterday, it was not a good day. I'm crazy busy but still putting weight loss and exercise first. I've been working out everyday for at least 30 min. I feel great and I must looking great. :) My friend is going to take pictures of me this weekend so I can get an update. I weighed this morning and I was 281 again compared to 287 yesterday. lol my body is so strange. Hopefully it sticks or I'm less than that. It would be a bout time to lose some stinking weight. :)

caligirl98
10-16-2008, 01:07 PM
I sigh...what a week...if I can just make it 2 more days...I've had two days of 1400 or less cals to make up for my lack of workouts. I can't keep doing that.

Jelbb: I was really sick over the summer too. Now every time I cough or wheeze, I nearly have a panic attack. And you know, that's the problem with text messaging...it's hard to decipher the tone of what someone is trying to say.

RHTS: I told my friend that when (not if) I lose this weight, I can't wait to dress up in one of those skimpy Halloween outfits. I know, that's a horribly goal, but I've never been able to do it. I've been a baby since I was 14. I want to be a naughty school girl, just once. Is that too much to ask? LOL!

Stephanie Osborne
10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
artsnsmarts - Wow what a day, you must have done something right girly because Karma is giving you a holiday!

RemeberHowToSmile - Yay for people who will buy your fruit instead of cake, thats support! I don't envy you with the Halloween parties I love dressing up but hate the stress of finding a costume.

Jelbb - *hugs* I hope things start looking up, they can't get worse j/k. Are you and your sweetie in a long distance relationship?

HeatherMcG - Yay for 7.0 mph! I have little legs (I'm only 5'3) 5.0 is about my speed lol. Sounds like you were a workout diva last night, keep it up.

Annita - Ooooh I love yoga! I was doing Hot Yoga when I lived in Denver, it was amazing, made me feel soooo good. Good luck with that.

So last night I headed to the gym **** bent on at least 45 mins on the treadmill hopefully 60... That is what I used to do daily when I was a workout diva. After 30 minutes my calf cramped, my feet hurt, I was out of breath with a hr of 183. WTH? I guess this is what otu of shape feels like. So I called it a day after 30 minutes and vowed to work myself into it... that way I won't be out with an injury after only starting lol. Thats the mistake I made the first time I tried running as well. To much to soon. I got half of the album done last night and will finish the rest of it tonight. Its coming along quite nicely.

I need to be really on track with my eating today and a slave to my workouts today and tomorrow. Tomorrow night is date night so I am in calorie conservation mode. This weekend I am shooting a wedding on Saturday then an engagement session and lunch with a friend Sunday. Its going to be tough with hotel living and trying to stay OP. I know I can do it though.

I have a date with the eliptical tonight. BRING IT ON!

ghost
10-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I am finally feeling better. The cough is still hanging in there but I didn't wake up feeling super nasty this morning. Weighed in at 167.5, again this am...so it stuck, its a real loss, and I started my TOM yesterday so that is weird.
I havn't had much of an appitite at all. Last night when all was said and done and I was laying in bed I realized I made dinner and didn't eat it. I fed the kid, put everything away and didn't eat. Either that or I ate and blacked it all out. So my calorie count for yesterday was not even 1000. I remember eating calamata olives and drinking wine and watching the debate with my sister. I remeber cooking dinner and setting my son's plate and food up on the table and repeatedly telling him to eat while I was putting extra dinner in tupperware and freezing it. My brain was very busy being depressed and anxious at the same time. Its been hard to turn my brain off lately. But I'm not normally the kind of person to forget to eat, ever.
I have tomorrow off, Alaska Day...yes, a random holiday. but its good, because my son's birthday is on saturday and we are having a pool party for him that I must prepare for. OMG, I cannot believe he is already turning 7.

ghost
10-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Gosh, could I possible be the official thread killer?

Here we go again
10-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Gosh, could I possible be the official thread killer?

lol I was thinking that about me! It's been so slow and I miss all my weight loss buddies! My day is not the same without you!!!

RememberHowToSmile
10-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Ok so I’m not having the best day. Everything was going well this morning until the middle of the day when I started feeling sick to my stomach and shaky. Not good at all. I don’t know if it is low sugar or something like the flu coming on. I’m hoping it is low sugar … I wanted to try and grab something between my classes but got trapped by a prof and didn’t have time. So I just ate dinner and I’m hoping that might clear some of this up. I really don’t have time to get the flu.

Halloween costumes choices so far are my sisters tinker bell costume or going and buying something. I’m going to try on tinker bell and see if it fits (because free is better then paying money). Otherwise I might try somewhere like Kmart because they are cheaper then the Halloween stores and they tend to be a little less slutty. I’m concerned because the bulk of my weight is in the abdomen.

Jelbb – What is the recipe? Thank god you don’t have salmonella. I hear once you get it once your more likely to get it again. (not to be the bearer of bad news). Sorry about the crabby boy … sometimes I wish had someone in my life however when I hear about things like that it makes me ok with where I’m at. And a little story about exams … last fall I walked out of one of my exams, called my best friend and said I just failed my first exam ever. I don’t know what I’m going to do. My study partner called me and said so will I be seeing you in Tax next semester because we were both convinced that we failed. Guess what I was the top 15% of the class. So you never know . . .

Heather – Good job on getting a work out in while on vacation. Enjoy yourself.

Annita – Good job with the yoga and getting the workout videos.

HWGA – Glade to see the scale is back down!!! :cb: :carrot:

Cali – I totally agree with you I want to wear a slutty costumes but I still don’t think I have the body … maybe after my surgery.

Stephanie – After not working out for two weeks I had trouble on the elliptical for 30 minutes, I was only able to do 20 and then went back and did 10 more after doing 35 on the treadmill. It’s hard getting back into it.

Ghost – that is what we are hear for support. Hang in there things can only go up from here.

Chele615
10-16-2008, 08:31 PM
I haven't been having the best day either.....just really stressful and crazy busy and all that stuff. Then, I heard some news that normally wouldn't be a big deal, but after the day I had, it hit a bit harder than usual.

Basically, I am going to a skating competition in Canada at the end of the month and the pairs skaters that I adore just withdrew from it today due to an injury that happened this summer. I was kind of expecting it because the girl broke her ankle and had to have surgery and they just started back at training recently, but I had my hopes up since it was so close to the event and they hadn't said anything up until today. So, in the grand scheme of things, it is not life-shattering or anything....but on top of everything else, it just makes me sad. haha I'm such a loser sometimes!

beaka
10-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Ghost: Glad you're feeling better

RHTS: Hope you feel better

Chele615: I'm sure the competition will still be fun. Just make the most of it. :)

As for me... I am back on the wagon. I've been eating a lot better this week. I worked out last night. I even cooked tofu for the first time today. I marinated it in jerk sauce and ate it with brown rice and veggies. Not really sure how I feel about it alone, but it was pretty good all together. Any tofu recipe suggestions?

i am still trying
10-16-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm back after a 6 day trip and Canadian thanksgiving. I ate lots and exercised none. I feel pretty crappy right now. Not weighing for a few days, but then TOM will be here so maybe I'll hold off for a little longer. My new job isn't helping matter either!
I feel really bloated and gross.
Motivation needed.
I am hitting the gym after work tomorrow to start the weekend off right and checking in here a few times over the weekend too.
please help...:(

Jelbb
10-16-2008, 11:14 PM
I ate a bit more today than usual, trying to zig-zag a bit as planned... does that actually work?? Why is that??

I made the mistake of weighing myself before bed, and feel disheartened by seeing 159.6 on the scale. I don't like seeing it jump back up so close to 160. :( STILL, I weigh myself in the mornings, so that's not an official number anyhow. AND, despite having more calories, today was a good day, eating-wise! Tho, I may have eaten more rice crackers than was strictly necessary... :D Still, haven't cheated and had wheat or gluten yet! And I didn't even take one of the mini-chocolate bars that my prof was handing out after I failed my midterm this morning...

Caligirl:
Same! You just get so freaked out about not being able to "afford to get sick right now," lol. Horrible stuff.
And yeah, txt messages CAN be the devil like that. Bahh. Long distance relationships... -.-
1400 or less. Wowie. Kudos, woman, but... yeah, eating a bit more but exercising as well is totally easier, and you feel better too. ;)

Stephie:
Hey, good job for getting on that treadmill either way!!! To be totally honest, it might not even be that you're THAT out of shape--- I really do find that some days I have a much harder time with workouts than others. Like.. in the same week, I'll be able to do an hour on the elliptical no problem, the next day I'm wheezing at 25 minutes. I think it depends on what your body's up for sometimes!

And yeahhh, I'm rocking the long distance relationship. :( I posted a big ol' story here (http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153906) when I first came back, because it's my major motivation to lose more weight. Met a guy in Ireland the summer before last-- well, you can read if ya hit up that link. Anyhow, since he started his job, and with the 5 hour time diff, we don't get to talk much, and some days txt messages are the best we get, and they're not always enough! :(

RHTS:
OKAY. So. You take brussel sprouts. And you chop 'em in half and place them on a baking sheet. You brush, or spray, or drizzle, or drop a small amount of olive oil onto them, then chuck on some salt, and or your favourite seasoning.

Then you throw them in the oven at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until they are crispy, and ENJOY! :D They're surprisingly good, I was shocked. NEVER steam brussel sprouts. It makes them smell and taste funny, and ruins them for people, lol.

Chele:
You're not a loser! Hey, everyone loves their own thing, if you're sad that they're out of the competition, then YOU BE SAD! :( I'd be sad if I was going to see a competition and the team/pair I was routing for dropped out...!

Beaka:
YAY for eating healthily!

Welcome back on the wagon. ...I noticed that there is a surprising lack of fried food, cakes and cookies on this wagon...

Lots of tofu and brussel sprouts tho, hehe. I have no idea how to make tofu. I'm proud of you for trying tho!

IMST:
Hey, hey, now. Canadian Thanksgivings is a killer, what with the turkey, and the taters, and the pumpkin pie. You've gotta give yourself a couple of feasts a year, and Thanksgivings is one of 'em. Try not to beat yourself up too much. I defo wasn't good on Thanksgiving weekend, lol. I know that bloated gross feeling is a horrible one... I'd just avoid the scale until you're feeling a little less icky bloated, maybe?

And YAY for the gym, glad you're going! I have faith in you to stay on track over the weekend... just take things a day at a time, a meal at a time... Decide while you're eating breakfast what you're going to have for lunch, and during lunch, decide what you're going to have for dinner. I find that planning my meals in advance when I'm not hungry can keep me from binging on the quickest, easiest, junkiest meals. :)

HeatherMcG
10-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Still on my vacation.... we walked ALL day long. No joke. I am talking miles. Whew! My feet were so hurting.... but, exercise is exercise! Here is a pat on the back to myself for letting me enjoy my vacation while still making my WL a priority! :D Normally, I would just have let it all go until I got home.

Iconised Ghost
10-17-2008, 02:40 AM
ugh i am just so tired today. I have a million loose ends that wont tie up no matter how hard i try, and i feel like i am running out of time

Elwing
10-17-2008, 04:57 AM
How are you all today? I've been eating quite strict for some days (not that the scale showed any change at all) because... today I turn 22! Which means snacks and stuff. But I made almost everything myself, so I know what's in it. And I'll try to stick with small portions. Wish me luck!

Beaka: There are many different ways to marinate tofu.... one of my vegetarian friends always does it with sambal and honey. Then she makes a stir fry and puts it together in pita bread or something like that. Maybe something to try?

IAST: You'll probably feel better if you do something to help you lose... either watching what you eat, or exercising. I can imagine... with my birthday and all I['m not being very well at the moment either. Losing slower is better for your health, right? ;)

Heather: Wow, so good! Walking is really nice exercise and it's good to see the landscape around you too. The forests are so pretty at the moment (well, here they are).

Iconised Ghost: You sound quite stressed :(. Dieting is so tough when you're very busy. Can't you make some "me-time" somewhere? You sound like you could use it.

Iconised Ghost
10-17-2008, 05:28 AM
it is so tough, especially when you also have a birthday involving creamy cake and chocolate. Just when i was getting back on track too. Unfortunately the only me time i have is when i am asleep >.< I am going to have lunch with friends tomorrow which should be nice, but i was hoping to have more done by now so i could enjoy my lunch

Chele615
10-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Birthday cake is the worst....especially when it's your own!! Because it seems wrong on so many levels to not have any. LOL And then of course, one piece usually can turn into many pieces.

I am so tired today!!! I was just about to go to bed because the Red Sox were losing 7-0 to the Rays, and then they started actually getting runs. I couldn't go to bed at that point....haha. They ended up winning in the bottom of the 9th, keeping the playoff hopes alive for another game. So, needless to say, I'm a bit tired today....but it's worth it ;) I love watching the games with my dad every night.

But it's Friday!!! One more day of work and I have to try to get one of my students tested today. Hopefully I can get her completely done in the two hours I have blocked off for her today. We'll see. But I am definitely planning on going straight to the gym after school since I wasn't able to get there yesterday due to report writing I had to do.

And to top all that off, my TOM is here and I am emotional beyond words!!! haha First the thing with the skating competition and earlier today on the news, there was the absolutely CUTEST story about a little girl who was told they were going to the airport to pick up one of her grandmother's friends and it turned out it was actually her dad coming home from the Middle East for his leave. She was adorable, saying over and over "Oh my god....that's Dad!! What are you doing here?" Oh my god, I totally started crying. So cute!!!

Annita
10-17-2008, 08:11 AM
i'm feeling worse. (Becuz of a cold). On top of that, a fever :(
Sigh. The weather is stupid. :(
Wish everyone a happy weekend. TGIF >"<

RememberHowToSmile
10-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Post personal later ... but I just wanted to say I hope everyone has a good friday.

caligirl98
10-17-2008, 10:59 AM
I woke up crying this morning. It was about half past four and I knew I had to roll out of my nice warm, cozy bed in exactly fifteen minutes. I'm soooooo sleepy right now. Meanwhile, I figured out why my motivation seems to be non existent. Working out feels like such a waste of time. I've lost like half a pound since June. I wouldn't say I'm busting my butt or anything, but I am doing enough to have some weight loss, at least 4 lbs a month...And I've been stalled. I'm just so freaking frustrated right now. I may put off weighing myself for another week, because the scale is going to say something I really don't want to hear and I'm not in the mood for the violence that follows.

Chele: I love under dogs, so I'm going for the Rays. But I will admit, a Rays/Phillies world series doesn't seem all that interesting. I'm happy it's the football season, even thought the Raiders suck....AGAIN!

Jelbb: OMG! If it wasn't for that stimulus check, I would have been so screwed. I was out of work for nearly 2 weeks, and even when I got back, I was only working half days. So I finally got to my regular 1800 cals...and then some. I craved popcorn and had some and it was like HEAVEN!

Here we go again
10-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Cali- I'm sorry girl! You're doing so good. I understand about the scale. Have you done inches lately to see if you've lost inches?

So last night I took a late class for CERT, community emergency relief team, the trainers were funny and I had like 14 friends in the class so it made it fun. I was cracking up the entire time and the trainers thought I was the class clown, I was just laughing at the comments that were coming behind me. Good times, good times. I weighed this morning and I was 280!!!!!!!!! This is a huge deal!!! I've been stuck at 281 for two months! I'm literally fighting for every pound. I'm so stinking excited. I may see 270's soon.

Taylor86
10-17-2008, 01:14 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say hi because I feel like I haven't in awhile.

The money situation has gotten better - but not all that better. We are still poor college students and I think the basis of what we bought was soup, bread, tuna and a few apples but that's way better than where we were. How do I make that work for me? You'd that that would cause me to loose weight but I am always hungry and then end up eating two things of ramen because there is so little to eat in my apartment.

I am off to see my trainer (which my dad pays for) before rehearsal today. I haven't worked out in 3 weeks...EEEEK and it's TOM for me..so this workout should be pathetic but at least I am getting up and doing something.

I will do personals later...gotta run guys!

caligirl98
10-17-2008, 01:15 PM
HWGA: I need to practice what I preach, huh? ;-) Ok, I will leave the scale in for another week, make sure I work out this week and eat right. There really isn't much else I can do, right? Weight ain't nothing but a number...

Jelbb
10-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Cali:
Oh honey, that's gotta be disheartening. :(
Hmmmm. Well, you've been busting your butt lately, right? Something tells me if you formulate a plan to work REALLY hard for a small amount of time, and you start to see a drop... it'll totally revamp your motivation, and get you super pumped again! I have faith in you! You've come so far already, don't lose hope now!! *HUG*

Here we go again
10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
HWGA: I need to practice what I preach, huh? ;-) Ok, I will leave the scale in for another week, make sure I work out this week and eat right. There really isn't much else I can do, right? Weight ain't nothing but a number...

lol first time I heard that! age aint nothin but a number but yes, weight too! You're doing good and ya look good so forget everything else..... that's what I'm at least trying to tell myself!

Stephanie Osborne
10-17-2008, 02:57 PM
ghost - Congrats on your REAL loss! YAY! Oooh a pool party sounds lovely.

beaka - My mom loves tofu Ive never been a big fan. I will ask her if she knows any good recipes.

i am still trying - Starting the weekend off right is a great idea! Damage is done just get back on track girly. CONGRATS ON THE LOSS! Especially after a stall thats so great, keep it up.

Jelbb - Long distance relationships are crazy hard. There's just something so essential about being able to see someone, have physical contact...

HeatherMcG - Exercise is exercise and hey if you can get it in throughout the day all the better.

Elwing - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Chele615 - I saw that story too it made me tear up and im not even on TTOM. Props to you for going to the gym during TTOM though thats always a struggle for me.

Annita - I hope you feel better hun!

caligirl98 - "Im not in the mood for the violence that follows" I had to laugh so hard at this one! My scale stalling me totally kills my motivation, thats why I also take measurements.

Taylor86 - I remember being a poor college student, its tough nowadays. I remember being surprised though that the things that are good for you in the outside perimeter of the store (fruits, veggies, bread etc...) aren't actually all that expensive.

So yesterday afternoon I started getting this terrible cramping. Last month my husband and I had a miscarriage. It was exactly about a month ago so I thought it was just TTOM but wanted to call the doc to see if it was supposed to be this excrutiating. He told me no so I had a visit. Turns out I had a cyst caused by the miscarriage which ruptured. YUCK, not fun. So I did not go to the gym last night.

I have to tell you guys about this AMAZING salad my husband made last night. When we lived in Denver the new thing was build your own salad places. They were popping up everywhere... So We tried our own. I shredded apples, qaurtered green grapes & cucumber slices. Grilled chicken with a little extra peppering, blue cheese crumbles, craisens, green leaf lettuce and red wine vinnegrette salad spritzer. It was to die for. One of my new favorite meals.
Have you guys tried those salad spritzers? They are great only 1 calorie per spray and like 6 sprays will do a whole salad. Its a lot lighter than cream based or oil based dressings.

A pudding cup did manage to be consumed but I cannot be blamed I had a hard day lol. Tonight I am conserving cals as going out to dinner with some friends. I will be MIA this weekend as I will be out of town working till late Sunday night.

Good luck today girls and stay OP this weekend!

ghost
10-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Hangover. Ow. cranberry vodka. enough said.

Its friday, and I didn't have to work today. And I feel skinny today, I love skinny days. I have a ton of errands to run. I am at my moms house right now, on her computer and I found a whole bunch of really really fat pictures of myself. I can't wait to make a fat me montage.

I hope everybody has a great friday, I'll check back and do some personals later, just wanted to say Hi! HI!!!!

RememberHowToSmile
10-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Hm Ghost that suck. I hate hangovers...

I haven't been op today at all, I forgot my lunch and ended up eating a bag of cheetos rather then my morning snack, jimmy johns veggie sub no mayo for lunch, and then m & ms. My stomach hurts. I let myself get starving because I had breakfast at 7 then didn't eat the cheetos until like 11, and jimmy johns and m & ms at 2. Blah I hate when I'm an idiot and forget my lunch.

bekko
10-17-2008, 04:32 PM
hi :) Would it be ok for me to jump in on this thread? I'm trying to lose a few pounds.. but am starting with small steps. Just to make sure I dont give up too quickly! I'm prone to binges and emotional eating (tho it seems to have gotten better). Living with my boyfriend has gotten me into the habit of having fast food 2x/day.. I've been working the last couple of weeks trying to cook for myself (I hate cooking!). Guess I'm just looking for some support and people to vent/chat with on the really good days and the not so good days.

Hope everyone has a good day today!

BellaHTH
10-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Holy mutha... I need to come on here more often, I miss so much!! It sounds like everyone is having very packed-emotionally week out there, and I'm right there with y'all. I just feel like my life is unraveling the more I try to keep it together, and I need to get my tush into some therapy for real this time. I am saying it out loud, not just a passing comment, so please help me stick to this. I've tried eating healthy (really healthy), exercising, meditation (umm, this was kinda a failure), talking to friends (this made me feel HORRIBLE so I stopped), so this is the next step. I'm not making it an issue, I'm just going to do it. This time. For real. Really.

So I am going to a wedding next weekend, and I need to buy something to wear. THAT should be interesting. I'm not dreading it nearly as much as I normally would. Well, if we're talking normally, I wouldn't be going to a wedding. But I'm trying to reverse my anti-social behavior.

But to end on an "up" note, it's Friday afternoon and I get to hang out with my dad tomorrow as he's helping with my yard landscaping stuff. YAY!

-------

Jelbb -- You are awesome. I tried your stumbleupon.com, and that place is amazing! Lots of good sites and interesting random stuff. Love it! Thank you!! I also loved reading your story about the boy/man/guy you met in Ireland (hello? yummy!) and on top of that, the accent, *swoon*. I see how that is motivation, you go girl! I love reading your posts, your energy is so contagious!

bekko -- Hi and welcome! If you are looking for support/motivation or just a place to be you, this is THAT PLACE.

RHTS -- Dang, law school. What kind of lawyer specialty are you going into? And the Halloween parties sound super fun!

ghost -- you are so funny, a "fat me montage". I avoid cameras like the plague and get rid of all pics of me. I bet a montage would be empowering, or even just interesting.

stephiewilliams -- I'm so sorry about your miscarriage *hug* and un-fun medical ickiness. I would say the pudding cup is allowed, under the circumstances! I haven't tried those spritzers, but I might have to now.

Taylor86 -- The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. :) Every little bit helps, and it already sounds like your life is very busy so I'm sure you're moving around a lot anyways!

HWGA -- Congratulations on the loss!!!!

caligirl98 -- I think our bodies should come with manuals, and restart buttons. I'm all for avoiding the scale with you know it won't be good news. No one needs that kind let down in already-down-times. It will get better, I know it will!

Chele615 -- Sometimes (ok, all the time) I think women get the short of stick with TOM and emotional roller coasters and all that. I love those kinds of stories, that really tug are you heart like that!

HeatherMcG -- That is one of the great things about taking a vacation, walking around the seeing the sites. I tend to think it makes up for (or at least LESSENS) the impact of the "vacation eating". :)

i am still trying -- Motivation: YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

beaka -- I like the Breast of Tofu from Everydaydish.tv. I've been eating it for the last few weeks and still love it. I've never had jerk sauce before, so maybe I'll try that next!

Chele615
10-17-2008, 06:10 PM
HWGA....I am so so SO excited that you saw the scale move!!! I know how frustrating it's been for you the past couple of months to have all these inches lost and nothing number-wise to show for it. It's so exciting :)

Here we go again
10-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Chele- Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. One of my friends showed me a picture of 5 lbs of fat and 5 lbs of muscle, no wonder why I've lost inches and no weight! It was really eye opening.

Bella- we are totally here for you! You are doing so good. You should come on here more!

Steph- I'm sorry about your miscarriage. How are you doing? Sorry, I haven't kept up on all the personals this week.

Remember- I understand about forgetting your lunch. I've done it a couple of times this week. But you're doing so good! You're such an inspiration. I want to be like you when I grow up. :)

Ghost- hangovers are not fun. I'm glad that you had fun. Are you doing better? How are you feeling?

Beko- What's up girl? Welcome!

My day has been pretty good. I'm little bored at work. I'm starting to feel like a blob b/c my pants are all getting so big. I feel like I have pants that are way too big and then I have a couple pairs that I can wear but still a little tight. I purposely bought them too small b/c I've been losing inches so fast. i feel very awkward right now. :) But I'm not complaining. I have such a busy weekend planned that I don't think I have to worry about eating too much, I just have to make sure I eat enough!

BellaHTH
10-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Here we go again -- Thank you, this is the one place where I can just be me, it's nice.

I do need to come on here more, if only work wouldn't get in the way!! ha! And I've given up on the rest of today for work anyways, so I feel blah. I like the loose pants, but I hear you on feeling awkward with it. It kind of annoying with clothes, but I will take it because it means I'm doing something right. Yay for us!

Here we go again
10-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Here we go again -- Thank you, this is the one place where I can just be me, it's nice.

I do need to come on here more, if only work wouldn't get in the way!! ha! And I've given up on the rest of today for work anyways, so I feel blah. I like the loose pants, but I hear you on feeling awkward with it. It kind of annoying with clothes, but I will take it because it means I'm doing something right. Yay for us!

I like that! Yay for us for sure.... I guess I just feel smaller and um sexier lol if I have clothes that are showing off my new body. lol I know it sounds strange but it just helps me, you know like wearing a skirt with heels makes you feel sexy? Yep, I'm that girl..... I had a question for you. Why did talking to your friends make you feel worse?

caligirl98
10-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Ghost: OMG! cranberry vodka...that brings back memories of my 21st year...that's one of the reason why I can't drink anymore. It's kind of fuzzy, but it was Halloween, I went to a party...drank a bit and then drove myself home. STUPID! I was tipsy as all **** and doing 90 on the freeway cause I had to go really bad. Nearly hit the car parked in the space next to mine. Nearly missed the toilet. Passed out on the living room floor. Woke up and ended up draped over the toilet losing everything I had ate in the last 12 hours. Good times. LOL! Just the smell of vodka makes me cringe now.

Taylor: The time I was laid off and had to choose between gas and food to eat, I was eating top ramen and oatmeal all day. Gained a ton of weight because pasta makes me blow up like a balloon. The next time I was unemployed, I discovered frozen veggies and canned veggies...I would make the ramen and then add a ton of veggies and extra water to it and it would last forever. Like five or six meals. Let's see, the ramen was 19 cents and the bag of veggies was $3.00. Not too bad. But yeah, I see myself being a poor college student for another year and a half. Woo hoo! We should unite and have a special hand shake or something.

Which reminds me, I need to run to the grocery store when I get off work. Another $50 budget...

Thanks for the hugs, ladies. You guys are my motivation.

BellaHTH
10-17-2008, 07:42 PM
I had a question for you. Why did talking to your friends make you feel worse?

Because they can't help, there isn't anything they can say or do that will help me be ok. And so I get a lot of the "I feel sorry for you" looks or "I don't know what to say" looks, and so on top of dealing with my own bubbling over of stuff I've repressed for 15 years (or my whole life), I have to censor what I say to them to avoid these looks. And I know this and it is unfair to even put them in that situation. And since I've recently made a personal commitment to reduce my lying (I've spent the better part of my life covering up who I am and hiding my depression), it's become a tricky thing to keep the few friends I haven't already alienated or completely shut out. I can't afford to lose them, not to this.

Sorry, that was a loaded question for me, something I'm trying to deal with (and failing at dealing with) on my own. Which is why I'm very seriously going to seek out therapy... :) I'm not looking for anyone here, or even currently in my life, to help or solve my problems, they are too deep and complicated for that. It's just nice to know that someone is there, saying it's going to be ok, somehow... :) Because it will be!

Here we go again
10-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Bel- I sent you a PM.

Ok girls, I have to say I went home and weighed. I know I know I KNOW. You're not suppose to weigh during the day. BUT I was at 279. It may be a fluke, but I haven't seen 270's in a long time! I'm so excited. I hope it's not a fluke....

Elwing
10-18-2008, 07:19 AM
So. Birthday's over. I haven't snacked too much (about 50 gr of chocolate, a piece of my homemade low-fat/sugar lychee-pineapple cheesecake and some bread with hummus and guacamole). And I exercised too. So I'm pretty proud of myself. And the scale hasn't moved at all, slightly down, maybe.

Oh and I was talking to my mum about making my clothes smaller (because they're starting to get quite loose). And she said "Well, the only thing you'll end up with are clothes that lack all shape... I don't think that's a good idea." Me: "Well, what do I do then, it's not like I have money to buy a new wardrobe." Dad: "That would be a nice gift when you reach your target weight, wouldn't it?" Talk about motivation :)

Ghost: My worst hangover was on vodka-orange juice. I was supposed to go to my boyfriend in another city the day after early in the morning, but I was unable to go until late afternoon. Why? I was unable to hold down even water. It all came out again. Sitting in a train was out of question until I felt better. So I can totally relate to that feeling. And I don't like vodka much any more... odd, very odd.

Bekko: Welcome! We also have a board for people with binging problems... it's called "Chicks in control". (But you're also very welcome here, don't get me wrong!)

Bella: Tell us what you bought! I'm sure visiting that wedding will be more fun than you think now. Talking to friends doesn't work very well for me either, and I know this holds true for more people. They either are overweight themselves so they will feel guilty for not doing anything about it. Or they'll think that I try to get them into dieting too. And for other people I'll soon become "that girl that is nagging about weight loss all the time". So I just put it here, and I can talk very well about it with my parents.

HWGA: You can do it, just a few more inches and you'll fit them quite nicely :) Congratulations on the scale moving!

Jelbb
10-18-2008, 11:06 AM
....morning all. I made the unwise decision to drink a bit last night. I deserved it tho, I haven't gone out with friends in ages. Even so, I'm feeling it this morning.

Was 157 when I stepped on the scale this morning... unfortunately, I can't know for sure how much of that is real losses, and how much is dehydration from the alcohol consumption, lol... as a result, I'm just gonna leave the ol' ticker at 158, and see how we're doing over the course of the next couple of days.

How very much I wish the pounds would just slip and fall off my body... things are rocky right now with the irish boy, because of the long distance, and the txting communication, and it makes me feel depressed and like all these weight-loss efforts are not worth it. :(

Bekko:
Ohhh, the relationship = fast-food trap. God, what a pain. It's like by them convincing you that you should go to McDonald's, it's making it okay with your guilt censors. Bad news bears!
Welcome! And stick around, it's good for the motivation. ;)

Stephie:
*sigh* So true. Things are really rough right now, and he's being such a boy. He doesn't txt me very often (which is our only option right now cos we're both so busy) and then I get upset. And he just thinks I'm being crazy and irrational.
Which, perhaps I am, but I'm a chick, so I'm allowed. As my friend always says... Girls are crazy, and guys are stupid.

And.. when you have a cyst that erupts, you don't have to go to the gym. I think that's one of those "unwritten rule" type things. :p

RHTS:
It's hard to stay OP if you forget to pack yourself something healthy and planned-out! Ah well, not worth beating yourself up over, eh? ;)

Bella:
Awww, you're so sweet! :D Thanks darlin. YAY, I'm so glad you got Stumbleupon, isn't it amazing?? Totally crazy stuff. I could spend hours with it. In fact, I do sometimes when I'm bored, lol.

Talking to your friends... eesh. If it's anything like talking to MY friends, I can see how that would've been incredibly unhelpful. It's like when you talk to people about weight loss... who have never had weight issues, or aren't interested in weight loss themselves... they act like it's this horrible taboo subject and get really awkward when I bring it up. I even sometimes have people give me really concerned "You're dieting?" type looks, like they think that "diet" equates to starving myself or something?
That's what we're for! People who understand if you wanna have a detailed conversation about water retention, and how your TOM affects the number on the scale... to talk about the things that would make OTHER people think you're nuts. :D

GOOD for you for deciding to really throw the motivation into it!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :D

HWGA:
Lol, you made me curious. I looked up a pic of 5 lbs of fat (http://bp1.blogger.com/_0YAZMKH5g4I/R1xS0AoTxJI/AAAAAAAABLI/7eb5qFA2p8I/s1600-h/FatvsMuscle.jpg), and WOW is that ever sexy lookin, eh? :lol:

Congrats on the losses, you!! When your jeans start to feel loose, you know you're on the right track. :D

OOH! And 270s!! Hey, GO you!!! Fluke or not, if your body's at a point where it can fluke into the 270s, it can't be that far from dipping right into 'em!!! :D YAY!!! Congrats!

Elwing:
Happy belaaaated! I'm super proud of you for not sampling too much of the cake while you were making it. I can't remember where or when you said that, but in my mind, I was thinking, "She's got the willpower of Superman..." :D And also, well done on staying OP over your birthday, that takes effort!

And... ooo, that's so nice of your parents to talk about that as a gift! That's fantastic motivation! How awesome. :)

HeatherMcG
10-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Wow girls! I can't believe how much I miss you guys.

So here's the deal with my vacation, we walked a lot, tried new and interesting foods (Chocolate Cheese anyone?), Beer (Yuck, yuck, yuck), and wines (still can't find an alcohol I like.) For whatever reason I expected to have lost this morning. I don't know why I would ever think that. *sigh* I am still 264 but I gained .4 pounds. I guess that is really good compared to what I could've gained..... :( Hubby was really supportive. He had to save me from stomping my scale to death... I got in one good shot before he picked it up! ;)

New chicks- WELCOME! We are glad to have you here! :wave:

HWGA- See? I told you to be patient. Girls all that muscle you have is going to be burning fat like crazy!!

Taylor- Glad to hear the $$ situation is slightly better. Hang in there! Everything happens for a reason.... :)

Jelbb- Can you make the weight fall off of me too? I would really appreciate it! lol

just keep swimming
10-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Whoa, I haven't posted in this weekly chat once! That's no good. I went away for the long weekend, and have been having trouble getting back on track.

I've basically been maintaining for like months now. Which I realize is certainly better than gaining, but it's time for me to get the rest of this weight off and get healthy.

You all are doing so fabulously! Keep it up. You inspire me every day. :grouphug:

Chele615
10-18-2008, 04:56 PM
So I went to the gym this morning and realized that what seemed so easy yesterday was torture today!! LOL I did about 45 minutes on the elliptical and was cursing at it the whole time....where, yesterday I did 50 minutes without even flinching. I'm blaming it on the fact that one of my favorite movies happened to be playing on the tv, where today there was nothing on any of the channels! haha But I got it done, and felt slightly better because of that.

It's been an otherwise lazy day though. It's chilly out, so I want nothing more than to bundle up in my big, oversized hooded sweatshirt and watch mindless tv all day long!! haha

bekko
10-18-2008, 06:43 PM
I've been debating reposting >-< I havn't had a "binge" episode in several SEVERAL months. I wonder if I just overdid it with my excitement with starting to try and be healthy for myself that I just didn't feed myself enough :( Ended up running over to the grocery store and bought a LOT of junk (Going to avoid the food porn, you'll all just have to trust me on this one!). Finished it all up last night and this morning..........

ON a PLUS tho.. I've learned to pick myself right up again.. so instead of continuing my weight loss efforts tomorrow, I just started now... Had a yummy turkey sandwich with avocado and tomato for lunch on wheat bread. Wish I could say I threw all the junk away but its all in my tummy. :p Guess its a little extra motivation for my next trip to the gym.

I did get to stop by sports authority yesterday tho, and bought some 5# weights :D figured I would try to start doing some lifting and lunges :)

Thanks for listening to my ramble and thanks for all the motivation! Listening to you all helped me to pick myself back up again!

- bekko

Iconised Ghost
10-18-2008, 11:08 PM
this week it feels like i have eaten nothing but cake. And i enjoyed it. Back on track tomorrow (hopefully other household members will clear out remaining cake throughout today!)

BellaHTH
10-19-2008, 12:12 AM
I feel like I'm going to physically die, I'm so sore! I spent 9 hours today shoveling dirt and hauling dirt and dumping dirt and spreading dirt and shoveling some more dirt. I had dirt under my toenails even though I was wearing socks and shoes!! But I got my raised gardens (which will be filled with veggies) in and the parameter of my backyard filled with awesome black dirt (which will be filled with berry bushes next spring). But now everything hurts, my feet, my back, my legs, my arms... But I even with all the hard work, I didn't ever get tired or winded AT ALL! I must be doing something right with the exercising if this is the case. And I could haul almost as much dirt as my pa, and he's hella strong. All the manual labor kept my mind off my sh**** week, so yay for hard work! *sigh* It might be the overwhelming soreness that is making me a bit giddy right now *I don't remember having any alcoholic beverages...hmmmm*

Iconised Ghost -- Mmmm cake (if I could move, I'd be making some...)

bekko -- Way to go on picking yourself up!! And I totally agree with choosing not to wait til tomorrow to get back on track, it helps to make good choices in the moment.

Chele615 -- That happens to me ALL THE TIME, one workout will breeze by and the next will feel terrible. I just tell myself "You can do this for 30 mins, it's only 30 mins" or however long. And each minute that passes is over and done. You're awesome for sticking it out!!!

just keep swimming -- Maintaining is so completely awesome, you're doing something right to be keeping what you've already lost OFF for a while!

HeatherMcG -- We were just talking about chocolate cheese at work this week, weird. I had it years ago, and I remember thinking it was going to be gross, but oddly it was not too bad. It was like a creamy, salty, fudgey texture/taste. Not unappealing, but really odd.

Jelbb -- This is my safe place. I love my friends, I really do, but not one has ever really struggled with their weight that I know of, and that makes me feel like a loser (yes, I know I'm not a loser because of this, but it makes the battle so much worse to struggle in front of someone who has no issues with it). Most of the time I shy away from TMI, but here it is SUCH A RELIEF to read people's issues/problems, and be able to relate and just "get it".

Oh, and you're awesome and Irish boy knows this too, that is why he adores you! You deserve to be happy and I hope he realizes that he's making you crazy and sends you lots of lovey (and maybe naughty -- haha) texts!!!!

Elwing -- You're parents sound AMAZING! Even your dad is being so supportive of you, that is so wonderful! My dad actually bought me an elliptical machine, but I don't talk about weight loss with my parents. I know this is going to sound horrible, but my mom (and pretty much her whole family) has been on all sorts of different diets forever and I think that is where a lot of my food issues have arisen from. I don't blame her because this is my issue to deal with, but I know it was a catalyst. I love my parents, they will support me in almost whatever I do, and I know THEY KNOW the best way to support me with this is to not say anything.

Here we go again -- Thank you again. And the 279 may have been a fluke, but WHO CARES! that is so awesome, just completely enjoy it, do a little dance (yeah, I'm doing one for you right now, in my head, because the rest of me hurt...) because we MUST celebrate the successes!

vdaybaby
10-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Jelbb: Awwww...please don't be sad...your weight loss efforts are worth it! they are worth it for you...even if the Irish lad can't see them so often. I hope you feel better. And I have experienced the alcohol weight loss many times

HeatherMcG: mmmm chocolate cheese sounds kinda good to me! I can imagine it could be gross if it was like a chocolate covered strong cheese like sharp cheddar...I have the opposite problem of you-I like alcohol a lil too much!

just keep swimming: I have been in the maintenance boat myself for a while now...I lost this week for the first time in months! Just .6 of a pounds...but if I can do it, so can you!

chele: well all I can say is way to go on the elliptical! I can only do about 15 minutes of that thing before I am having a heart attack! And I too want to do nothing but watch tv!

bekko: don't feel bad about the binge...it's inspiring to me that you can go for months without one as I do a big one probably once a week...way to go on getting right back on track! that can be hard after a binge

iconised ghost: LOL at the cake statement!

bella: that's awesome that you are getting so much physical activity in a different way...I have been soooooooo craving non typical exercise...bike riding, basketball, hiking, tennis, ANYTHING

~ Well I am just trying to up my weight loss lately! I haven't been doing much working out...but my eating has been okay. There was only a couple times this week that I got out of control...where at the beginning of my weight loss I could go months without that happening! I am really trying to lose 10 pounds by December 31st. Do you guys think that is reasonable?

misstraveller
10-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I am having trouble getting the motivation to exercise. I feel like a fat blob. But I know only I have to come up with some type of motivation to get off of the couch and move. So I'm gonna continue to try to stave off the urge to sit on my couch for long periods of time. Anyway, hope that you are all doing well staying on the boat.

Chele615
10-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Getting the motivation to exercise is definitely the hardest part of it all!!! I just make myself go to the gym or go for a walk right when I get home from work....that way, hopefully, I can't talk myself out of it. Plus, I know that if I let myself procrastinate and think to myself, "only a couple more minutes...", I will never get there.

Once I get out there and start the exercise, it's fine!! Isn't that the worst part of it all? Because you know sitting there that those 30 minutes you just sat and watched crap on MTV or whatever, is 30 minutes that could have also been spent doing something physical. Especially if you could have been doing something physical in front of the tv...best of both worlds ;)

I hope your motivation comes back in full swing Becca!

As for me, I am wicked excited today!!! It's been a good weekend. Red Sox forced a game 7 tonight to try to get back to the World Series, I am getting blinds in my bedroom windows instead of the crappy, slightly ripped shades I have there now, and I managed to lose .8 pounds and am now down to 213.8 lbs. I was really excited about that because I wasn't expecting a loss of any kind since I am in the middle of my TOM. So, to see the scale down this morning was a nice feeling! :)

ghost
10-19-2008, 03:34 PM
this weekend has sucked food wise. I have been a fat pig, basically. Yesterday was my son's birthday party, so there was cake. Also, there was spaghetti, potato salad, fruit salad, chips, dips, soda's, sub sandwiches and pizza. Gosh I ate too much yesterday. I weighed in this am at 169, so I gained. *insert sad face here*
I'm feeling very lonely. I guess thats to be expected after you get dumped. But I can't stop crying. And I feel like I'm going to be alone forever. I'm hating life right now.
Tomorrows another week. *heavy sigh*

HeatherMcG
10-19-2008, 03:38 PM
vday & bella- I was definitely expecting more from the chocolate cheese. I only had a tiny tasting cube and at first it just tasted like cheese. Slowly I tasted the chocolate forming and I started thinking that there was a lot more hype to this cheese then it deserved. As I was chewing and trying to force my body to swallow ;), I looked up and saw a sign that said, "Tastes just like a Tootsie Roll!!" I thought, "What kind of tootsie rolls do you people eat??!? Because this is definitely NOT what a tootsie roll tastes like..." I made hubby buy me the first bottle of water we found to wash the disgusting aftertaste out of my mouth. Yuck! Been there, tried that, on to the next bizarre local food.

The only new thing for me is that yesterday my aunt noticed I was losing weight! She said, "Hey, you look like you started losing again. Are you?" Those simple words were all I needed to make me beam ear to ear for the rest of the day. She knows how I struggle and that for a while, it had all stopped. Its nice to know that others notice.... I was beginning to think my WL was a lost cause! P.S. My jeans are big.... really big... I will be taking them in this week! This is news since I have lost 53 lbs but only 1 pant size so far! Yay! :Broc:

Jelbb
10-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Heather:
No problem, baby. *waves her magic wand and we all get thin, and healthy whilst gorging ourselves on cake and cookies and fast food.*

...oh, hey!!! That's so great that someone noticed and pointed out your weight loss to you! That must make you feel so fantastic!
...god, I dunno how long it'll take people to notice my losing weight, but something tells me it'll have to be another 10 lbs before people see it in my face... ;)

Just Keep Swimming:
Hey, we have almost exactly the same start point and finish goals! ...damn you're winning. :p

Chele:
I d'nno darling, sometimes I find that the same workout can be SUPER easy one day, and really challenge your body the next. I'm not sure exactly what factors would affect that... but having an awesome movie on can TOTALLY help keep you distracted while you're working! :D What movie was it?

Ooh, congrats on your .8 loss, too!!! Always love seein' that number go down. :D

Bekko:
Ahhh, the binge, it happens, it's rough. :( I hope you're not beating yourself up too much.
I'm totally a compulsive eater. If I open a bag of something, I continue to absent-mindedly munch until I've ingested like.. 1000 calories in the form of a bag of chips, and I feel like I'm made of grease.

The important thing is that you're ready and willing to start fresh! I think one of the best things to do to avoid binging is to try to make yourself a good amount of healthy food, and always eat until you really feel full. Until you REALLY think, "Nah, I don't want to eat anything else--"
Maybe it's just me, but I figure... the extra few calories I'm taking in by heaping some more veggies onto my plate, or adding a baked potato... will be far less than the amount of calories I'll ingest if I still feel hungry and catch a wiff of Ben & Jerry's when I pass it on my way to work. :D

I-Ghost:
You can always count on the household members to slowly get rid of junk you're trying to avoid eating. :D

Bella:
Can totally see where you're coming from. I introduced my friend to my brother, and now they're engaged... so I live with my future sister in law. She is... without a doubt, the skinniest person on the face of the planet. Some guys think she's drop dead hot, others I've heard say that she's "too thin," but... either way, it's a self-esteem killer having her around 24/7. But the VERY worst part is that... she eats like a pig. She eats chips, and cookies, bakes cakes and brownies, lives on microwaveable dinners and sugary cereals.

Is it just me, or when you see a skinny person eat something like pizza, do you ever feel like it almost gives you PERMISSION to do it? Like.. they can eat that, and look like THAT, shouldn't I be able to eat that and look like that...?

And thanks... Irish Boy's been much better with the communication for the last few days, and I've been taking 'er easy on my frustration when he doesn't txt me back. I need to pick my battles, and accept that he is super lame with the txt responses, and know that he's trying. :p

vday:
Thanks darling. :) Yeahhh.. I was just having a feelin' down day. I've actually been keeping my weight loss success a secret from the bf, because I want him to think, "Wow!" when he sees me at the airport. :D And also not to have any expectations, but.. that's the insecure what-if-I-gain-back-the-weight-I've-just-lost-after-I-tell-him-I'm-losing-weight part of my brain talking... :p

10 lbs by December 31st is a great goal! It's about ten weeks, so.. a pound a week. Which means... all you have to do is cut down by 3,500 calories a week (500 a day) through healthy eating/exercise, and you're golden!!! :D ...sorry, I'm weirdly analytical about weight loss numbers... it feels more like a sure thing if you know exactly what you have to do to make the scale budge, lol...

GOOD LUCK, tho, I believe in you!!! :D

Becca:
Sometimes digging deep inside and finding the motivation to MOVE is a lot harder than expected, lol. Hopefully you can find something that you really enjoy that gets you exercising.
I... don't... enjoy exercise.... I mean, I don't mind walking, but I get bored easily. I do, however, enjoy sitting on my butt and listening to audiobooks while I'm busy doing other things. So.. two and two together. I threw a couple of audiobooks on my iPod, and now I don't mind going for walks, because I'm not bored! :D (Yay for the Twilight series, helping me lose weight! :p)

And as for me...
Ceeeeeeeelebrate good times, COME ON!!

I own 3 pairs of the same jeans. It's a little bit sad... This specific pair of jeans happens to fit my body type pretty well, but.. well, as I got larger, I needed larger sizes. Obviously.

I didn't even intend to buy the same pair, but I go to Jean Machine, and the sales people I ask to "Just throw a ton of different pairs at me," always get me to try them on. Once they're on and I think, Hey, these ones fit pretty good--, I see the same tell-tale stitching around the pockets that tell me they're the same ones.

SO, I own these jeans in a size 30, 31 and 33. (What's that, like, 10, 12 and a 14?) It's a teensy bit sad that I've got the 30 and the 31 tucked away in my drawer in the sad hope that I might one day fit into them again... while I've been wearing the 33s.

Today I went out to drop off my sister in law at work, and my jeans kept slipping down, despite my having tightened my belt. I can't stand knowing that my jeans are baggy on my butt cos they're sliding off my hips, so I irritatedly kept hoisting them back up without thinking much of it.

Then a thought occurred to me. When I got home, I rifled through my drawers to the bottom and pulled out my 31s. Slipped them on, and did them up!!! :D Okay, so they're not PERFECT, I get the teensiest bit of muffin top that I don't get with the 33s, I wouldn't by any means wear a super tight, sheer-shirt with them, but... hey, they fit my butt and legs like a glove!!!! YAY!!!

(THE JEANS (http://photos-719.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v82/159/49/90401719/n90401719_32333713_9852.jpg), the last time I was able to wear them... aka., Summer 2007)

BellaHTH
10-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Jelbb -- when I see a very skinny person downing pizza, my first thought tends to go to either they haven't eaten in 3 days OR when they are finished with it, they will go to the bathroom and hit eject. Either way, I can't believe it's real, but mostly I'm jealous of them. I WANT to give myself permission to eat it almost as much as I want to hate them for being able to eat it. Ahh, thems the breaks, I guess...

Your roommate is engaged to your brother? does that make your living situation more complicated or less comfortable? Not sure how I'd feel about that, but I'm hoping I'll be really happy for my bro when he finds his future mate (hoping, although I can't imagine anyone good enough for him! haha I'm super protective of my little bro).

Also, Twlight... don't even get me started, love it!

HeatherMcG -- Not a fan of the chocolate cheese, huh? I'd say best to keep those two food separate in the future, why upset a good thing?

Chele615 -- So awesome on the loss!!! I feel the same about exercising, I can't think about it too much otherwise I find myself talking myself out of it. But once I'm in the mode, I figure why not just keep going. It's all a mind trick!

ghost -- *BIG HUG* I'm so sorry you're sad now. I can empathize with the lonely feelings, I'm living there right now. You WILL find someone who is wonderful for you, someone who adores you! And the gain is probably from all the salt so drink a lot of water to get it out of your system. A new week is a fresh start!!!

misstraveller -- The key is taking that first step and trying not to think about it too much. And good shoes, because if your feet hurt, it's easy to give up... :)

So apparently I can't make it here during the week, but this weekend I just can't stay away... ha!

Jelbb
10-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Bella:
Well, I actually introduced the two before we moved in together, so it was a conscious choice of mine to move in with her as my brother's girlfriend--- and before the move-in date, she became my brother's fiance. He lives in another town while she's here doing her masters, so he's only around on weekends...

I d'nno. It's never really bothered me. I introduced them before I went to Ireland, they'd been seeing each other for a little over a month... when I came back from Ireland, suddenly they were on the brink of their 6 month anniversary.

The reason it's probably never bugged me is because he's my OLDER brother, so I don't have that protective sort of... "you're not good enough" sorta hold on him. Though, his ex-girlfriend treated him like garbage, so when he started dating my friend, it was like a breath of fresh air... to know he was with someone who would never put him down or intentionally make him feel bad.

...end ramble.

Oh yeah, and... eeee, Twilight. :D

BellaHTH
10-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Bella:
Well, I actually introduced the two before we moved in together, so it was a conscious choice of mine to move in with her as my brother's girlfriend--- and before the move-in date, she became my brother's fiance. He lives in another town while she's here doing her masters, so he's only around on weekends...

I d'nno. It's never really bothered me. I introduced them before I went to Ireland, they'd been seeing each other for a little over a month... when I came back from Ireland, suddenly they were on the brink of their 6 month anniversary.

The reason it's probably never bugged me is because he's my OLDER brother, so I don't have that protective sort of... "you're not good enough" sorta hold on him. Though, his ex-girlfriend treated him like garbage, so when he started dating my friend, it was like a breath of fresh air... to know he was with someone who would never put him down or intentionally make him feel bad.

...end ramble.

Oh yeah, and... eeee, Twilight. :D

Ahh, that makes sense. So really they have you to thank for their happiness, right? :D

Jelbb
10-19-2008, 08:58 PM
As I intend to publicly reiterate at their wedding, where I'm Maid of Honour. :D