Old 10-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Back In Kindergarten #59

HI & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this fall.

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:32 AM   #2  

just thought I would start us over with a new thread!

I have my avatar set as my new hair cut. I was telling my neighbor that I liked Rachael Ray's new hair cut, so she gave me her version of it! It was a little bit short at first, but it has grown on me, and plus my hair grows so fast that I am sure it won't stay this length for long!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #3  
kitty Momo

Happy Monday!!

I love the new do' Mindee! I want a Racheal Ray hair cut too, I think it is so cute. Becky bobbed her hair this weekend and that looks nice too, her friend is only 16 but does an awesome job. I might ask her to cut mine.
Have you ever made pineapple upside down cake? I was thinking of you and the cake last night (because I was craving it and while too lazy to make it, maybe you can?? I can live through you. lol ), it sounded so yummy.
Thanks for starting the new thread!

Sue - Do you live by a public pool?? You could swim laps and hang onto those floater thingies til you build muscles and stamina. See, how I am trying to get you in the pool? I would love to swim, just chicken to get in a suit. The pool finally opens here today (it was down for a new broiler) so I am going to try and get Gaby over a few nights this week.
But ya,......shaking up the exercise routine would probably help get the scale moving again for all of us.....course I need to actually do something...to shake it up. lol

Asia- Good lord, I could never eat that much fruit, let alone plumes. You'll be detoxing all over the place. jk....*sigh...let us know how it works! If you lose with it I will have to go get my own bag of plumes.

I was called in last night and asked to work today and I said sure, why not?? Pay period ends on the 15th so I need the $$, even if it is just an extra $50 dollars.
So, I won't have time for the resume', lets hope when I get home the rehab place will have called w/ a training schedule.
Also, if worse comes to worse I was thinking of fish processing!!! lol It is only a temp month long job but you can earn good money tearing out fish guts and chomping off heads , I think I could do it. I just need hip boots. lol

kind of joking.....

*sigh....omg- I read Certain Girls last night and finished it. I cried at the ending, it turned out to be a good book after all. Now I picked out a Mary Higgins Clark book to read.

k- off to work I go!!

Hi to Cristina, Sassy, Jules, Katy, Francie, and Tammy

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-13-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Susan- I hope you meant chopping off heads...not chomping. I picture chomping as something you do with your teeth......ew, yuck!

Inquiring minds want to know???

Mindee- Love the short do. Very cute. I just went in for a trim this morning and it is shorter than I wished, but will grow quickly.

Whew! I bit the bullet today and weighed. I stayed the same, which is great after the way I ate all week-end. I have had a hysterectomy, but I swear I still get PMS and have 2 days a month that I can not get enough to eat. AND I can never find that one thing to satisfy me.

Then to top it off I decided to read the insert that came with the medicine I have been taking since 2001. It talked about weight gain and weight being hard to lose...okay, so it is YOUR fault! Too bad I need the meds. Darn it.

Off to fold laundry and possibly ride the bike while the neighborhood is quiet.

Back later....
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Monday, ladies!

ASIA...wishing you lots of luck with your detox. Wish I could do a detox...not sure I could survive without any food for one day, lol. And that is why I have a problem losing!

SUSAN...glad that Rocky is getting help with things. $3 tip is kinda weird...they could have at least left you $10, lol. What is up with them, lol. I am with ya on the WI...scale said 185.4 this morning...I didn't even bother with weighing Saturday...been being quite the little But I am back on track today...hadn't had any water in 3 or 4 days and I am not sure why. Back with that too so am hoping that the WI is partly just because of no water...we'll see come Saturday's WI.

SUE...you know, I don't know how to swim either but I still get in the pool here. And, I saw this set of weights and other stuff especially for exercising in the water...actually thought about buying it and getting a workout in the pool...of course have to make sure and go while no one is there so I can stay at the shallow end, lol. WTG on maintaining!

MINDEE...love the new do! It looks cute on you!

Nothing much going on today. I was up early but couldn't get out to walk because of the rain. So did the next best thing and did a dvd, lol. Then some weights and a short walk on the treadmill. Getting ready for round two on the treadmill and then will do another dvd after Jeopardy and call it good. That's about all I have...have a great day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #6  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Mindee~Love your hair!! It's totally cute!!

Susan~I hated Certain Girls. I loved the first book, but not the 2nd one. I dunno..I just couldnt get past on how badly she was treating her mom. I couldnt finish it, thats how much it bothered me.

Sue~:wave

OKay..So we're going to tour the Academy just as soon as Fonzo is done with his shower. Which I dunno will that will be cuz he's still sitting next to me playing on his comp.

Well..I'm gonna finish getting ready.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Enjoy the Academy FRANCIE!

Just thought I would check back before logging off. Started some pinto beans for chili...seemed like the perfect weather for it....plus I have all this ground beef I need to fix before Wed. DD & DS are leaving on a road trip and will be gone for 13 days and so I won't be cooking hardly at all. V works most evenings so it will just be me and ernie dog! Whatever will I do with a quiet house?

Anyway...headed to do that walk on the treadmill finally and my weights, lol. Ciao
Old 10-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #8  

popping in here while I have a chance to do so.......Logan isn't napping. Marissa was napping, but our friend who works here had to fix the toilet, and in order to fix it, he had to cut the nuts and bolts off with a sawza. so that woke her up and now she is refusing to nap again.

you guys are so welcome for starting the new thread. I knew it needed to get done, so I figured that I would start it while I was here!

thanks for the nice comments on my hair! Tommy pointed out when he saw the picture that is my avatar, that I look just like my mom. I didn't realize it until he said something.

SuzieQ~ I have heard of pineapple upside down cake, but I haven't made it before. Let me search for recipes for it and I might make it since Tommy will eat pretty much anything! fish gutting? Well, I think you can pull it off....just imagine that the fish is someone that you don't like and you won't have any problems! LOL

Sue~ I didn't even notice that she put chomping instead of chopping. LOL I have been tossing around the idea of cutting my hair short, and usually I do it in the summer time, but I never got around to it since we never had the extra money. Our neighbor told me that she is going to do my hair and make up for Logan's birthday party. Although, I don't think there will be much to do to my hair.....LOL

Cristina~ Thanks for the nice comments on my hair! Yesterday when we were at the fire station open house, I had to go to the bathroom. They had port-a-potties there for every one to use. I went into the one designated for woman, and there was a mirror on the back of the door. I looked at the mirror and I swear it made my head look like a pumpkin.......I thought it was a trick mirror!

Francie~ Thanks for the nice comments! have fun at the academy!!

Cristina~ I had chili on the dinner menu for tonight, but since it is hot out, I put it off. we are having cheddar brats hopefully on the grill!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Back again, lol...just can't seem to stay away.

MINDEE...I love short hair but I have a face that it doesn't agree with and so I look goofy, and more to the point, a guy. But I do love it and from the pics I have seen of your mom, I have to agree...I can see the resemblence. Did you say hot? I don't miss the hot temps but I do enjoy the 70's...think today it was supposed to only be 64 degrees. Even though it is kind of cool I have the kitchen windows open because I don't like the smell the pinto beans leave. They are almost done though...usually cook them 3-4 hours and then put it all together and let it simmer for another 1-2 hours. Funny about the mirror, lol. It's funny looking in them though.

HELLO again to everyone else! Hope you all are enjoying your day.

I finished my walk and now getting ready to head upstairs and read some before jeopardy.

Have a good one!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

*sigh, I am back after 4 hours of hugging toilets.

I get in and get my work done, I hate ending up helping others that slack around to get the hours in, I think that is wrong *sniff*. anyway, that is what the 2 other ladies do who aren't the head housekeeper. We clock in and they both have a smoke break,,,,lol, whatever.
They won't let me help w./ folding the laundry ,which is easy peasy. I am always the first to leave, which is kind of a bummer but I am not going to be lazy just to rack up the hours. You know what I mean?? Did you even get this far in reading? lol

Francie - I didn't like the back and forth of the Cannie and her daughter. I wish it was more focused on Cannie. And I agree the way the daughter treated her mom was a tad much towards the end. I think that is why I was surprised of the ending and being so emotional. Maybe because I lost a parent too and it seemed so sad and unexpected.
Have a fun day!

Sue - Ya, I guess it is chopping....lol. Yay, on the weigh in!

Cristina - No, I had 3 $1 tips....no wait. I had 1 $1 tip and 1 $2 tip. I mean, this isn't the Hilton, otherwise maybe the tips would be more?? Anyway, it is 3 boxes of hambuger helper, that is all I know. lol
Chili does sound good...the Dairy Maid in town makes the best soups and stews, homemade.
Rocky does deserve to get help on his bills and such druing this time. I know he will be losing $$$ on his mentor job which he was doing to make ends meet, so this will help a lot.
Good for you on the exercise!

Mindee- My mom made some wonderful pineapple upside down, the gooey brown sugar w/ the pineapples and the moist cake.....right out of the oven...can't beat that. Hope you find a recipe, it is pretty easy to make!

Have an hour til Gaby gets out of school, think I will tink around town and check out the 2nd hand stores. Had 2 snack wraps (grilled) from McDonalds....can't be that many calories, you think?? I was starving.

Just going to try and get back to 145 this week, need to get back on track too!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-13-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #11  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Cristina~You can run around naked while screaming loudly!!!! LoL!!!

Mindee~Back in 2006, I got my hair cut and looked exactly like my mom, lol. It was soooooooo funny!! The chick even styled my hair like how my mom used to wear it in the 60s, lol.

Susan~I dunno..I just hated the way she was so mean to her mom. Maybe I'll try reading it again. MAYBE!! LoL!!

Okay..well, we walked around the Academy. Of course we didnt walk around the entire place. It's much too huge for that, lol. But we did have fun. It was sooooooooo pretty out!! We didnt get to go inside the Chapel though..which sucked. Cuz I wanted to go inside too. And we didnt get to see the crypt of John Paul Jones either..but maybe next time. I'm uploaded the pics right now. So check them out when you can.

Well..I'm gonna go help Fonzo get dinner started. We're having turkey burgers!!! YUM!!!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Whew! I'm back again too Cristina. Just one of those days when every time I come in this room my butt finds the computer chair. Actually, I am also watching some property that we are interested in...one went down quite a bit. Hope it doesn't sell before next Tues.

I rode 4 miles, half earlier, then my aunt and uncle stopped by. After they left I rode the other half. Other than that I did catch the laundry up. I am making bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches for dinner. Easy. Throw some leftovers on and we are good to go. I am still trying to clean out the fridge before our trip Fri.

FYI: You can buy a pineapple cake by Duncan Hines and it has the recipe for the upside down cake on the box. Or you can take a cast iron skillet, throw in some butter and brown sugar, lay some pineapple rings in there, pour a mixed up cake batter over the top and bake as per usual. When it has cooked and cooled for half hour or so, run a knife around the edge and turn it out on a plate or platter. Let the syrupy juice run all over it. You can even put cherries in the middle of the pineapple rings to look pretty before you bake...or you can just use crushed pineapple, drained and drained WELL.. I throw one together for Mom once in awhile..she and DH like it. I am not a fan of pineapple. Just like to keep the masses happy.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

I checked on the snack wraps at McDonalds....... and can you believe 1 grilled honey mustard is 260 calories?
140 is in the flour tortilla alone, how can that be?? Seems kind of high, I can see 80 cal maybe. Anyway, that was a fast 520 calorie intake.,,,dang no wonder I am creeping up on the scales. lol

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-13-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:33 PM   #14  
RosieKate

A quick hi! I need to go to the bus stop in a few minutes and realized I hadn't posted here in awhile. Guess I just had a busy week...haven't been posting much anywhere. I think I signed up for too many volunteer gigs, thinking I would have so much time during the day, now I'm slammed

Mindee - I like your new avatar - your haircut is really cute

Sassy - gl on the apartment hunting. I am a big fan of purging - household, that is..not the other kind. I live in a small house and it's always amazing to me how fast stuff accumulates. And it's all junk!

Susan - hope you hear on the rehab job soon, that sounded promising. Apartment management sounds good, too. You are good at it and it would be good for your budget.

Sue - hope you get the property you have your eye on. I bet there are a lot of good deals out there right now.

Cristina - I was over on ms today and saw your workout pics - you look great! you are getting very toned.

OK - I know I'm missing people, but I have to get to the bus stop...so HI Francie and Asia! Hope I didn't miss anyone else...bbl ( I hope)

Scale said 173 today...so still holding steady....
Old 10-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #15  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Well DH started his new job yesterday. He liked it. Just made me feel like I am just beating my head against a brick wall though. He told me what some of the other positions there start at and it is A LOT more than what I am making here. What really depresses me is my new coworker? Only makes 8 CENTS less than me! I have been here 3 years! Well it will be next month. So what is the point of me working all these crazy @$$ hrs?? So I will be applying to the hospital. Its totally ridiculous. I feel like I have wasted my time and money. I went to college and got TWO college degrees to work here? I went into debt for this job? When my new coworker makes 8 cents less then I do and does not have any college degrees!

It makes me really really sick. I didn't even wanna come into work tonight, not only because of that, but because also I still don't feel that great, but I am here..........I dunno why though honestly.

I dunno I am just really really depressed right now.........
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote