20-Somethings - Irish Accents and December Deadlines

Jelbb
10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
*Ominous music* I'm baaaaaaack. :devil:

Tee-hee. :D

So. Last time I was here on 3FC, I spent.. er. The better part of my existence here. And while I was here, I lost ten lbs. And I felt fabulous.

Ladies. I am back. And I am here for help. I am hoping to become as absorbed with 3FC as I once was, because total absorption in it keeps my will power strong. ;)

Story Time, complete with pictures:

Once upon a time in the summer of 2007, Jelbb went to Ireland. She had no real reason to do so, but the idea of going to another country to work and play for four months... just for sh!ts and giggles seemed like a good idea at the time. The Jelbb of 2007 had more dispensable cash than the Jelbb of 2008...

Whilst in the Emerald Isles, Jelbb met a boy. Or a man. A guy. Well, whatever he was, he had a sexy Irish accent, and it made Jelbb melt-- even though she couldn't understand him at first, and was constantly unintelligently furrowing her eyebrows and saying, "What?" much to his amusement.

Irish boy and Jelbb got along rather well, and traveled cross-Ireland three or four times to see each other (for one lived in Galway, and the other on the other side of the country, in Dublin). Fortunately for them, "the other side of the country" was only a 3 hour bus ride. Huzzah for tiny countries.

Alas, Irish boy went to Thailand with friends for 6 weeks... 3 weeks before Jelbb went back home to Canada for the beginning of her second year of university. :(

The two did not talk for about 6 months, when suddenly they began conversing on MSN. They both lamented that while they'd seen other people, neither had met anyone who they'd liked as much as each other in the past 6 months! Over several months of deliberation, Irish boy eventually decided to come visit Jelbb in Canada.

Irish boy came to visit Jelbb and stayed with her for 5 weeks.

http://photos-277.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v318/45/33/120803277/n120803277_39174067_9541.jpg
http://photos-277.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v320/45/33/120803277/n120803277_38823961_1640.jpg

He and Jelbb got along pretty damn well, one might say, and she is spending Christmas with his family in Dublin, and they are discussing her moving to Ireland next year. :D

The Problems:

Irish boy does not so much rock the weight issues that Jelbb does, and while he was here, he acquired much love of multiple Canadian/American restaurant chains that did bad things for Jelbb's waist line-- things which have not yet been corrected despite his being gone home for a month now.

Jelbb has not met Irish boy's friends, but she has seen pictures of his girl friends, and they are all bleach blonde, super tanned, and not so much with the weight problems from what she can see... Irish boy wants her to meet all of them. But from what Irish boy has told Jelbb, they are not so much friendly per se, as they are rather cliquish. Jelbb would feel better meeting the Irish Barbies if she was more confident in herself.

Irish boy mentioned in passing to Jelbb that Irish Boy's best friend hated his ex gf, and told her to her face that she wasn't good enough for Irish boy. Jelbb is torn between avoiding him, or intentionally gaining 762 lbs (exactly) so she can sit on him and end him before he has the chance to be so rude to her.

Ladies... I am tired of speaking in the third person.
And as such, I beseech you... help me get back on track, and help me start losing the blubber-flub that does not belong on my tummy and thighs. :p

I'm going to see my Irish Boy in December, and I'd like to surprise him by feeling and looking happy and healthier. All I need is you ladies to be around and making weight loss fun again, to keep me coming back to 3FC! :D

<3 Jelbb

Kofarq
10-12-2008, 09:05 PM
You are absolutely hilarious! You won't have trouble making your own friends if you move to Ireland. Remember, if he had wanted an Irish Barbie, he would have gotten one before he met you!

As to your blubber-flub? You must tackle it and beat it into submission so you can call yourself the Conquerer of Flab! and your self-confidence will be high, and the irish peasants will bring you ale and goats.

You guys look really sweet in your picture!;)

garstar
10-12-2008, 09:15 PM
hey Jelbb,

You are beautiful :)

Lucky you, I went over seas this summer, I met no one besides drunk German men wanting one night stand with girls from the states. ewww

any way - welcome back! This place really is amazing isn't it :) I wish you the best of luck, what is your plan of action?

Chele615
10-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Your post was hilarious!!! How exciting that you have a trans-Atlantic romance going on. Sounds so romantic!! :)

yesitsmeagain
10-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Oooh I remember you! Actually I was thinking about you the other day and wondering where you were! Glad you were off having a good time.

Jelbb
10-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Kofarq:
Hahaha, I may be in love with you.
I will be... the CONQUEROR OF THE FLAB! :devil:
Though, I do wonder where these Irish peasants are getting all of the goats from, and I also wonder whether they could bring me sheep instead, because they're cuter than goats. Goats' eyes (http://www.dailysciencedose.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/yun_1006-goat-eye.jpg) freak me out... :s

garstar:
Thanks darling! Oh, boo for the drunken German men. :mad: Lol. Did you give 'em the ol' eff-off, American-style? :p
It IS amazing, I love it here, hehe. Thanks for the luck! And.. my plan of action. Hum-ho. Well, my mother went from 190-something lbs to 139 lbs by cutting out wheat, gluten and sugar, and has kept it off consistently despite working some sugar back in here and there.
Since my mother and I have essentially the EXACT same body, I'm assuming it'll work rather well for me, hehe. So, I intend to rock out some exercising at the gym, walk to campus instead of taking the bus, and stick to rye breads, rice, green veggies, fruit and chicken/turkey! Any opinion on the whole no-wheat/gluten jazz?

Chele615:
Haha, you'd think it romantic, but MSN can only allow for so much romance. :p
Actually, people keep telling me that me and Irish Boy remind them of the movie P.S., I Love You, and I'm like, "So... are we expecting him to die young, or...? :?:"

yesitsmeagain:
I REMEMBER YOU TOO! :D Yay! People who were here last time I was, hehe. How are ya, darlin? :)

NishKitten
10-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Been a few threads lately with all of us lamenting about how being in a relationship causes weight gain. LoL.

There is no cure for it, except to cook at home and control what you eat. And to not engage in chronic snacking with him, because he will never seem to gain weight, while on the other hand for most of us women, just LOOKING at a snack cracker causes us to put on a pound.

It's unfair! :tantrum:

angelanicole23
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
hehehe oh mys i was just thinking of P.S. I love you...What a romantic story!!!! :). A friend of mine met her husband from England online and they met...fell in love..got married and he is living here.......I LOVE hearing about people from different parts of the world falling in love..AMAZING! Keep us posted!

Jelbb
10-12-2008, 09:56 PM
N. Kitten:
Oh man. He was baffled by that. He came on MSN.. JUST the other day, and got all, "Me mate Duffy said the most LUDICROUS thing today..."
"What'd he say?"
"He said that girls gain weight when they're in relationship.. geez, where he comes up with these things--"
".... some girls do gain weight in relationships..."
".......... they do?"
"Yes?"
"Oh. ......why?"

Why do you guys think that is??? I think, to be totally honest, that the reason I gain weight when I'm in a relationship is because I get uber comfortable around the guy, then don't worry about how much crap I'm stuffing in my face in front of him, because I know he likes me ANYHOW, lol. I didn't want to say that to him, of course, because... no guy wants to worry that his girlfriend is going to start shoveling lard down her throat three times a day because she's in a relationship. :p Much as they say they don't care how much you weigh. ;)

angelanicole23:
My friend has the exact same story as your friend! Minus the marriage. But it's a British guy she met online, and she moved there for 18 months, and now he's living here with her, and they're sooo in love. It's sickening. :p

SavingServo
10-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I've got a similar situation going on with a boy in San Francisco. I'm going to visit him in 14 days. :)

But San Francisco boy has food issues to the point where he is like 10 feet tall (okay, 6' 8" or so) weights 160 pounds and can only eat meat and veggies without getting sick, AND he's constantly hungry. But he enjoys making me french toast and lots of yummy high calorie things. :dizzy: He's been to a lot of doctors about it who have been very unhelpful and it now very grumpy about them, but needs to go again lest he get down to a single food group and die.

A woman I work with has been cutting out gluten and it hasn't been too hard for her so far. Enough people are allergic to it where it's pretty easy to get gluten-free stuff. A bunch of people in the office went raw for 3 days and that was hard. After that just no gluten seems like a vacation. :lol:

My other piece of advice is to ditch the MSN and get Skype. Sooo, much better. :lol:

RedPorcupine
10-12-2008, 10:25 PM
UgHghGhGhgh, I FEEL your PAIN. Right in the gut. Next to my ovaries. You know, those things that give me chocolate cravings every 28 days.

My boyfriend is in New Zealand right now, and he's coming to visit in December hopefully...I want to suprise him with healthiness/thinness/hotness too! It just sucks, because every time I see pictures of him with his friends (especially those of the female persuasion), everyone is super thin and super tan. I guess living on an island will do that to people. They're all scavenging around amongst the wild brush for kiwi birds and shellfish.

I wish the best for the both of us!!

~Laura~

kelly315
10-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Your rhetoric is so cute, and so are you! Good to have you back on the site, and good luck!

Jelbb
10-12-2008, 11:01 PM
SavingServo:
Dude. Do you think that Sanfransico Boy might have Celiac Disease (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease)or something?? Has he been tested for that? You should ask. Maybe I just have gluten on the brain. But I wonder if he'd feel ill if he ate gluten-free breads, or rice pasta instead of regular ones....

Laura:
Ooooh, New Zealand. Crazy cool. He have the accent? One of my profs is from New Zealand. The moron twins I sit next to in that class for the sake of having someone to talk to were discussing animatedly the other day how ironic it is that our British Imperial Culture class is taught by a British person. I just gaped at them in awe, like, "How. HOW could you mistake a New Zealand accent for a BRITISH one???"

Stupid thin tanned people. Thank god that I have the excuse that "I live in an igloo." for my lack of tan. Love being Canadian. When they ask me how I'm so white, I will simply say that it helps me to blend into the snow when the polar bears are hunting past my ice shack.

My Plan: You. Me. Super Sexay come December. Deal? We'll make the foreigners say "wow." :p

Kelly:
Haha, thanks darling, so sweet of you! :) And, congrats on the 33 lbs, that's amazing!!

yesitsmeagain
10-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Jelbb- I fell off the wagon again, so I've been back for about 6 weeks. Lesson learned: must stay here forever. I had the flu last week and lost 5 lbs- want me to send you some e-germs?

I think I gain weight in relationships because I tend to go out and eat more (it's our default date). Also we'd tend to order more food like appetizers, desserts and drinks, or go out for ice cream. Then of course you'd rather spend time with the person so going to the gym to exercise is out...

Jelbb
10-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Yima:
Yeahhhhh... I fell off the wagon as well. I need to stay obsessed with this place forever and ever. Unfortunately, I'm super fickle. I get really obsessed with forums for a while, then just.. stop really suddenly. I need to stick with it!

How are things going this time around? Is the 6 lb loss within the past 6 weeks? Congrats!!!
:o Oh, hey! You are at your mini-goal 5 days in advance! Well done, you!!!!

And.. yeah, I agree. I think it really does become the default date, doesn't it? "What'd'you wanna do? Dinner? Sure. :)"
And especially when your relationship is on a deadline... long-distance and someone's going home soon... you don't want to waste evenings apart by going to the gym when you could be enjoying each others' company... truuuuue....

MachGirlie
10-13-2008, 12:03 AM
You sound like me with the forums. I am super-motivated for oh... 6 weeks or so, then i get bored. This is my 3rd or so time coming back here.

Here's to staying motivated and becoming a happier, healthier you :)
Lucky girl and your man with an accent...hehehe

Jelbb
10-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Erin:
Yeah, I'm totally the same. We need to keep each other from getting bored. Let me know if your interest is waning, I'll perform some kind of hypnotic dance for you, and get you all back into the forums again. I'm not sure how I'd do that. Maybe describe each movement to you.

Btw., are you EVER gonna beat your Christmas goal before Christmas, lol. 5 lbs! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :D

MachGirlie
10-13-2008, 12:16 AM
LMAO picturing a hypnotic dance... hahaha
<<<NO BOREDOM>>>

5 lbs should be gone by month end I hope. I've started exercising more and my muscle mass is building back up so weight loss is starting to plateau, clothes fit way better though.

RedPorcupine
10-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Deal! We'll get so sexy that people will think white is the new tan. Everyone will be walking around with umbrellas asking who does michael jackson's skin-bleachings.

And when people ask why I'm so white, I just tell them I'm an albino mexican. Then they lay off for a while.

And yes, he does have the accent! I find myself saying things the way he would say them just so I can feel that he's closer, lol. Things like "Heedphones" (headphones), "Eentahnet" (Internet) and "cahpahk" (Parking lot). I miss him so much!

I'm so excited for us. December is OUR month!

JasonsLea
10-13-2008, 02:12 AM
:lol: You're a riot! Is Ireland as beautiful as in my dreams? I would love to go to Ireland...and Scotland (my future baby daddy Gerard Butler is Scottish :D).....and Russia......I just wanna travel! *sigh* That will probably never happen so I have to learn through other people. :dizzy:

Iconised Ghost
10-13-2008, 06:39 AM
UgHghGhGhgh, I FEEL your PAIN. Right in the gut. Next to my ovaries. You know, those things that give me chocolate cravings every 28 days.

My boyfriend is in New Zealand right now, and he's coming to visit in December hopefully...I want to suprise him with healthiness/thinness/hotness too! It just sucks, because every time I see pictures of him with his friends (especially those of the female persuasion), everyone is super thin and super tan. I guess living on an island will do that to people. They're all scavenging around amongst the wild brush for kiwi birds and shellfish.

I wish the best for the both of us!!

~Laura~

I live in NZ and i can say, without a doubt, that it doesnt do that to everyone ;) Or maybe i just havent been scavaging enough lately. wait, scavaging for shellfish in the wild bush?? :D

Why do girls get bigger in relationships? Because all guys ever do in the begining is feed us and wait on us! And, after that phase, we're lazy and expect it and get even bigger! Well thats my experience >.<

Your story is super cute, and so romantic, i am green with jealousy :D

Jelbb
10-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Erin:
Hey, the clothes fitting better is still amazing, even if the number's decided to stay put for a little while! ;)

Laura:
...I can see it now... other people will be painting their bodies with white-out and cheap white house paint, and you and I will simply be glowing in the light of the day, pure, white, translucent... like vampires. :devil:

Ah, that accent is fantastic... I love listening to my prof talk. We always talk about the "teext" or "tixt" instead of the "text"... it makes me happy, hehe. What a fabulous accent.

And... hellz yeah, December is our month!!! :D

Iconised Ghost:
You mean in NZ they don't have shellfish in the wild brush??? :o Clearly you're mistaken, and that's why you're not tanned enough. If you simply spent more time out in the sun searching for the shellfish, you'd be much more tanned. Unlike here in North America, where we don't have sun. *nods seriously*

.... hmmm. Your relationships sound more fun than mine. I'd ask my boy to feed me and wait on me, but I fear the kind of food I'd be subjected to....
Actually, that's a lie, he made me chicken and rice once when he was here. Though, the sauce did come out of a jar...

Thank you, it is a teensy bit romantic sometimes when he's not being a douche (muwaha), but I think you should be white with envy, because Laura and I are bringing back the pale, along with the sexy. What sayeth you? :)

Chele615
10-13-2008, 10:37 AM
If being pale is the new sexy...then I must be one of the sexiest people out there ;)

Jelbb
10-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Chele615:
You and me both, baby. You and me both.

I got a spray tan at the beginning of the summer. It wasn't bad actually, I was kind of impressed... but it didn't last very long, and I couldn't be assed to go get another, lol...

Which is why white is the new sexy. :D I have freckles tho... a ton of 'em all up and down my arms...

Iconised Ghost
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Iconised Ghost:
You mean in NZ they don't have shellfish in the wild brush??? :o Clearly you're mistaken, and that's why you're not tanned enough. If you simply spent more time out in the sun searching for the shellfish, you'd be much more tanned. Unlike here in North America, where we don't have sun. *nods seriously*

.... hmmm. Your relationships sound more fun than mine. I'd ask my boy to feed me and wait on me, but I fear the kind of food I'd be subjected to....
Actually, that's a lie, he made me chicken and rice once when he was here. Though, the sauce did come out of a jar...

Thank you, it is a teensy bit romantic sometimes when he's not being a douche (muwaha), but I think you should be white with envy, because Laura and I are bringing back the pale, along with the sexy. What sayeth you? :)

The wild brushian shellfish must elude me! Or maybe thats where crayfish come from.

Fun? My relationships? Ahahahaha :p dont even go there. Although my last one did lots of asian cooking. Home made wontons, lots of rice, everything cooked in woks with hot oil. Going to Ireland and meeting smexy people is much more exciting.

I would love to help you bring pale back, but i'm naturally olive skinned :( I can definately help bring sexy back though :D

Chele615
10-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Chele615:
You and me both, baby. You and me both.

I got a spray tan at the beginning of the summer. It wasn't bad actually, I was kind of impressed... but it didn't last very long, and I couldn't be assed to go get another, lol...

When my brother got married, my future SIL asked my sister and me to be in the wedding party. She picked PALE YELLOW as the dress color. When the dresses came in, I tried it on in the dress shop and the woman working there looked at me and immediately said, "You're going to be tanning, right?" Yeah, I was paler than the dress ;) LOL

But unfortunately, unless I "fake and bake", I don't really tan. I burn! So, it's either white or red ;) LOL

JulieJ08
10-13-2008, 07:44 PM
When my brother got married, my future SIL asked my sister and me to be in the wedding party. She picked PALE YELLOW as the dress color. When the dresses came in, I tried it on in the dress shop and the woman working there looked at me and immediately said, "You're going to be tanning, right?" Yeah, I was paler than the dress ;) LOL

Pale yellow. As a fellow palian, I shudder.

junebug41
10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Pale yellow. As a fellow palian, I shudder.

But unfortunately, unless I "fake and bake", I don't really tan. I burn! So, it's either white or red ;) LOL

Hey now, pale yellow is a very pretty wedding color especially for an outdoor wedding (with sunny weather). ;) Of course I'm slightly biased. Slightly. The first pic is of my dear friend who is as pale and Scandinavian as they come. When we were little her rosy cheeks would practically catch fire whenever a teacher would call on her and I've never ever seen her with a tan. I think the yellow suited her tone better than the second pic of my uber-tan friend (although they both looked beautiful :)) This is from my wedding in August:

junebug41
10-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh and Jelbb, welcome back! :)

JulieJ08
10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Hey now, pale yellow is a very pretty wedding color especially for an outdoor wedding (with sunny weather). ;) Of course I'm slightly biased.

I think it's a very pretty color. I love it on walls ;). And both friends look great. But man alive I would not.

junebug41
10-13-2008, 08:48 PM
I think it's a very pretty color. I love it on walls ;). And both friends look great. But man alive I would not.

:rofl: point taken

chunckymonkey
10-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Hey Jebb, love your Irish story, my family is from Belfast but I was born here...I'm only in my second week but working out on the elliptical burns more calories than the treadmill and supposedly easiers on the joints - I immediately consume aspirin after to stay ahead of the aches and pains-lol!
Wishing you a wonderful holiday!

Star2Be
10-13-2008, 09:57 PM
You are so pretty! And I am sooo jealous of your Irish boy... Irish accents are so sexy. It all sounds very romantic. :o Just know that you have the support of everyone here and you can do it!! Good luck with the Irish Barbies LOL. :D

Chele615
10-13-2008, 10:08 PM
The yellow dresses were very pretty.....just not a color that works with my skin tone. But I must say, after tanning, the dress looked pretty good ;)

JulieJ08
10-14-2008, 12:34 AM
:rofl: point taken

Seriously, I crave a home office painted that color. First I need a home office.

Jelbb
10-14-2008, 09:17 AM
June:
Thanks for the welcome back wishes! :D
And... I wore a pale yellow dress to my mother's second wedding, and it actually didn't look that bad on me, despite me being pale as ****! ;) ...if only I had pictures around somewhere...

ChunckyMonkey:
Oh, that's sweet! I went to Belfast when I was in Ireland. My mom came to visit, so we traveled around for about a week, and my godmother's sister lives in Belfast... so we went to see her, and did a Black Cab tour and all that jazz.

And hey, I actually do use the elliptical! :D I prefer it... it makes me feel like I'm doing more work to have my arms moving as well, and it's not impossible to keep your hands on the heart rate sensors like it is when you're on a treadmill, lol.

Thanks for the holiday wishes!! :D

Meredith:
Thanks darlin, that's so sweet of you! :D
Lol, ohhh those Irish Barbies... they have me petrified, alright. :( Honestly, if I didn't feel totally like it was an invasion of their privacy, I'd post a picture. They are so.. so very blonde and tanned and thin, and I'm like, "Eugh," lol. ;)
But Irish boy tells me thinks they'll be "all over me." I suppose he means in terms of trying to make friends with me? I think until they get to know me, I will be the Yank-Accented novelty. (Because that's what Irish people usually call me, despite my not even being American, much less being from the Northern States....)

Julie:
Good luck with that. :lol:
Actually, my bedroom in my old house was painted pale yellow.
And my car's bright yellow.
And my macbook was yellow for a while.
...I really should stay out of this conversation, I'm biased...

shantroy
10-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey Jelbb, it great to see you back around here. I too disapeared for a while and am just truely back here as of today. I'm back up to my starting weight so that a bit of a pain, but I hear you on being hot for Xmas! I'm heading to Saskatoon on Boxing day to spend christmas with the bf's fam (due to divorce and all kinds of family crap they're celebrating on the 26th.) I'm going to meet several of his friends and I really want to look hot. I'm going to be meeting his ex who is a very attractive doctor. I feel slightly neverous when I compare myself with her. Her, Tall gergeous dr. Me: short, cute but chunky and I'm certainly no dr.... sigh

Anyways, it's great to see you around here again and I am so glad things worked out with Irish boy!

Jelbb
10-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Shanny!!!!!

Hiya darling! Ooh, we are gonna rock out the Christmas sexy, you and me! And... yeah, I feel you on the wanting to be hot to meet his friends. I mean, yeah, to a certain extent, it doesn't matter what his friends think, as long as HE loves you.

But at the same time, you want his friends to be like, "Damn, she's hot." not saying behind his back, "Damn, he could do better."!

And I'm meeting one of Irish Boy's exes as well. She's.. blonde, and thin, and has a gorgeous smile in all the pics I've seen...and they dated like THREE years ago, and are very much just friends (good friends), but STILL. Also, I want to get along with her, because Irish Boy's ex girlfriend rocked out the UBER jealousy about their past relationship, and decided to make things difficult, and I'd like to one up the last ex, by getting along with an ex-ex-ex-girlfriend... jesus, did that even make sense?

SCREW the doctor. She won't have nothin' on you, you'll be super sexy come Christmas time. We'll keep tabs on each other. It's great to see another familiar face, you! :D Welcome back as well!!!

Kofarq
10-14-2008, 11:22 PM
I talked to the Irish Welcoming committee, they are prepared to offer you small sheep in lieu of the goats, but you have to let the peasants name them!

I have a Newfoundland Boy. His accent is so charming... Alas, now I am the odd one out, in NL, with a 'western' accent. But, with my natural fish-belly-white complexion, I blends in until I opens me mout'.

Jelbb
10-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Kofarq:
I would like very much for one of the sheep to be named "Pig," but other than that, I shal grant the peasants the right to name their proffered sheep. *nods solemnly in agreement*

Ahh, the Newfies. They essentially have pseudo-Irish accents. Loooove it. Also love that our accent is referred to as a "Westerner" accent, since EVERYTHING is West of them. Though. We do all tend to speak about the same... People from Ontario.. through to BC...

I'm the same in Ireland. White as a ghost, but I've got the freckles justa creepin' up "me" arms... so I blend in until I open "me" mout'... and then I am a "yank." Or if I say I'm Canadian, they very surprisedly say, "Oh, you're from Canadia?" and I wonder vaguely who their geography teacher was, and if they actually think Canada has an "i" in it.

A group of drunken Irish navy guys once sang the "O Canada" to me. It was to the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree," and Canada suddenly had lovely branches...

Iconised Ghost
10-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Hey Jelbb, it great to see you back around here. I too disapeared for a while and am just truely back here as of today. I'm back up to my starting weight so that a bit of a pain, but I hear you on being hot for Xmas! I'm heading to Saskatoon on Boxing day to spend christmas with the bf's fam (due to divorce and all kinds of family crap they're celebrating on the 26th.) I'm going to meet several of his friends and I really want to look hot. I'm going to be meeting his ex who is a very attractive doctor. I feel slightly neverous when I compare myself with her. Her, Tall gergeous dr. Me: short, cute but chunky and I'm certainly no dr.... sigh

Anyways, it's great to see you around here again and I am so glad things worked out with Irish boy!

i have always found doctors/medical students to be rather dull anyway (no offense to any on the site!). Although i am partial to saying i study behavioural medicine (especially in places like banks ;)) i would say that woman has nothing on you

reddahlia
10-15-2008, 07:02 AM
i have always found doctors/medical students to be rather dull anyway (no offense to any on the site!). Although i am partial to saying i study behavioural medicine (especially in places like banks ;)) i would say that woman has nothing on you

Obviously you're right. That's why she's an ex. :) Nothin to worry about. And, btw, I've met very few well adjusted doctors. That's what happens when you spend the majority of your formative social years in a classroom. No offense to them, I think it would be an awesome job otherwise! :)

Iconised Ghost
10-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Obviously you're right. That's why she's an ex. :) Nothin to worry about. And, btw, I've met very few well adjusted doctors. That's what happens when you spend the majority of your formative social years in a classroom. No offense to them, I think it would be an awesome job otherwise! :)

its probably one of those things, that until you work with the 2 competent doctors in the country, you are really untrusting of them. I found the same thing with psychiatrists, i thought they were the spawn of satan until i started to do some work with a really good one (not on my own mind :dizzy:) and now i think there is hope for them :D

But the ex has no hope and might as well giv eup now :devil:

shantroy
10-15-2008, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=Jelbb;2409182]Shanny!!!!!

Hiya darling! Ooh, we are gonna rock out the Christmas sexy, you and me! And... yeah, I feel you on the wanting to be hot to meet his friends. I mean, yeah, to a certain extent, it doesn't matter what his friends think, as long as HE loves you.

But at the same time, you want his friends to be like, "Damn, she's hot." not saying behind his back, "Damn, he could do better."!

I occasionally get that "Damn, he could do better feeling... from these chicks at a resturant where we go occasionally. His two former roommates work there (one own's a small percentage) I'm almost positive that he hooked up with one of the waitress there. They're so touchy feely with him, and kinda just look at me with a "and what are you doing here look" complete with up down glances. They kinda mumble a hi, then turn right back to the bf. I'm not the least worries about my bf and anything happening withthe waitresses, but...there's just this kinda feeling in my stomach that I get. I don't want that look from them any more. KWIM?

As far as the Doctor goes...we'll I just wanna be hot when I meet her! I may not be a dr, but I can at least be a hot corporate trainer!

Jelbb
10-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Shanny:
Ew for the waitresses. I'm petrified I'll get the same feeling from the Irish Barbies... especially since he used to date one. As much as you totally trust your boyfriend, you still can't help but want your startlingly awesome beauty to make the exes shy away, cos they know they can't compare. ;)

Those waitresses should keep their clammy desperate hands to themselves. Clearly, he prefers you because you're awesome and gorgeous. And they've got no right to look at you like that. Especially in that passe elevator glare fashion. How stereotypically after-school-special of them. Psh.

Well, we'll be uber sexy before Christmas, and his doctor ex gf will pale in comparison to you. ;)

Jelbb
12-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Resurrecting a dead thread...

I'M LEAVING IN 8 DAYS!!!!!!

And I've lost 12 lbs since I first made this post. :D

garstar
12-03-2008, 11:23 PM
and you have a little black dress to prove it.

Congrats!

jahjah1223
12-03-2008, 11:24 PM
YAY!!! your bf is so cute!! haha

Jelbb
12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
*grins huge* He is, isn't he?

*SHOWS HIM OFF UNABASHEDLY*

http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v318/45/33/120803277/n120803277_39174257_4505.jpg

To be totally honest, I've had boyfriends in the past whom I've loved very very much. But I don't think I've ever been quite this ATTRACTED to one of them. :lol:

*dances around all excited-like*

stellart
12-04-2008, 12:48 AM
aw..... your adorable. i applaud your enthusiasm and motivation. you inspire me.

and i wish you all the best with your bf. i know how it feels to have to wit forever to see someone you care about. i too have a similar, though way nerdier, story. me and my bf met online, we used to visit bout once a month crossing international borders. now we live about 30 minutes away and see each other every week. he also has a cute accent and general quirky disposition that i adore.

Chance0421
12-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Yay!!!! You are going to have so much fun!! In 2 months, you lost 12 lbs!!! That's awesome!! Can't wait to see more pics of the two of you once you're there!!

Love ya girl!

SavingServo
12-04-2008, 12:55 AM
You and your boy look adorable Jelbb! I really like your hair.

I just finished interning on a movie where one of the crew members was Irish. SOOOO cute. And that accent can make a girl weak in the knees. But you could tell he totally knew it.

But I'm going to see my San Francisco boy in 10 days! Uber-uber excited! Meeting the family for Christmas however... :fr:

Brandyc100
12-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Have fun!!!!

leighish
12-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Jess I just get the feeling we are not going to hear from you for weeks because he won't be able to keep his hands off of you ;)

Jelbb
12-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Heeheehee. :D
Don't worry, he has to go to work some days.

I might NEED to be on here a bit, I'm a tad worried about how much weight I'll gain while I'm away. :( It's harder when I don't get to make every single food decision...

NishKitten
12-04-2008, 10:21 AM
My hubby will be home in about 8-12 days!!!!!

You're looking mighty hot, i'm looking pretty good these days... and yet here we sit undersexed and unappreciated.

So for you and me... Here is to finally gettin' some peen in December! Thank god. :p

carcar05
12-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Nish: HAHAHA I was like... did she actually just say that? LOL!!!!

That's so awesome Jelbb, you are WAY motivating. You look awesome and have you told him anything about having lost a bit o' chunk? Because he's going to be really surprised if you haven't. Even if you have, but still.... I can't wait to hear all about it- I love to live vicariously through love stories. Not that I'm not in love, hubby is great and all, but a little romance never hurt anyone, LOL!

PrettyPaula
12-04-2008, 11:30 AM
OMG! how hawt are you two...!

where in Ireland will you be? my family are from County Cork and County Wexford?

is he northern or southern irish??

You have done so awesomely well, 12 pounds is amazing and you're gonna have a wonderful christmas in ireland, im sooo jealous!

xxx

Jelbb
12-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Nish:
Oh god, it's so overdue. :( :lol:

Carcar:
I haven't told him a damn thing about having lost weight. :lol: He asked me once if I'd been getting to the gym much when I mentioned having gone after class, and I brushed it off all, "Ah well.. I mean.. I TRY to go, but I'm so busy with classes 'n stuff..." :D
I'm just kinda sorta petrified that he won't NOTICE that I've lost 15 lbs (a whole "stone"!) since he last saw me! And then I'll feel stupid, and like my work hasn't paid off. :(

Paula:
He's from the Republic, not Northern... he's a Dubliner, actually. :D
I've been to Corcaigh the city.. and I know I did a tour through the Wicklow mountains, I can't remember if I went through Wexford or not, lol...

Thanks so much honey! :D

PrettyPaula
12-04-2008, 12:43 PM
he will totally notice but not be able to put his finger on whats different i bet! hes a man after all ;)

carcar05
12-04-2008, 12:46 PM
I agree with Paula- he may be like, unable to close his mouth, but he won't be able to say "wow she's lost a ton of weight"... He probably didn't think you were chunky to begin with! :) that little black dress won't lie though, are you going to wear it when you see him?!! I have butterflies for you I'm so stoked for ya!

Jelbb
12-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Lol, I WISH I could wear that when I saw him. But alas, when I first see him, I will be getting off of a plane... after having been at the Toronto airport for 3 hours, on a plane for an hour, in the New Jersey airport for a 4 hour stopover, then back on ANOTHER plane for 7 hours.

Instead of looking like a bombshell, I am going to look like a bomb went off near me. :lol: That being said, it'll be 2 am my time when I arrive in Ireland, and 7 am his. He's picking me up, taking me to his, then he has a lecture to go to... so I can sleep a couple of hours, then get up, shower and look SMASHING before he comes home. :D Too bad I can't look amazing getting off of that plane! :lol: