Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:28 AM   #31  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Lindor you started something good for all of us just a bit of self observation and a way of feeling more together as a group..

Kel alot of people find replacing there motional eating with another activity helps..

like read a book.. have a bath.. play with the pets.. craft.. anything other then eating.. lol.. i have become and emotional cleaner.. lol.. yup dull arent i.. but when your pissed off with the world it feels pretty good to bash the dust out of something .. or scrub something to and inch of its life.. lol and the rewards from cleaning are instant.. there is nothing that can make you change your mood quicker then cleaning something up..

find something else you can do when you feel the urge it could be anything.. that doesnt involve eating.. lol anything at all.. do it a few times when your feeling there uneccessary draw to food and soon emotional eating will be fairly well under control .. IM not saying you wont do it again.. but you sure will do it less often..

we eat becuase we found it a way of hiding from our emotions.. and /or the things we should be doing.. lol..
Old 10-18-2008, 07:32 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Hi girls,

Just a passing thought (seeing as Lindor and Ani just caught up), would you all be interested in having a skim coffee together?

I mean, we could do it in our states together or something?

It's easy to do in Adelaide at least....
Old 10-18-2008, 08:35 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Hey Kylie!

Not sure I understand what you are suggesting here? Are you thinking of a get together at some location (Adelaide as you suggest) at some point? Vonni (I think it was) made the same suggestion some months ago and I think most of us were ok with Melbourne possibly in February/March '09. I'm not sure how that stands now - I know for one, that I might have a few issues with getting to that meet myself now.

I also wondered if you meant we all have a cup of coffee at precisely the same time, at our own individual places? Which initially sounded like an odd idea, but on thinking about it, I kinda thought it could be fun too.

Way back in the early days of Aussie Chicks we used to have weekly gatherings in the chatroom here (which either they have got rid of, or I am totally blind and can't find it anymore), where we caught up and chatted about anything and nothing. It lasted a few weeks anyway...and was kinda fun to do.

Maybe we could work on something like that???

I think it could be helpful to feel more connected as a group.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #34  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Is anyone else on yahoo? We could do a chat there if they don't have it in here anymore. We can make it private and only our friends are allowed or to be invited someone has to get on and invite. Anyhows, my yahoo idee is donuts_lil_sis (if anyone wants to add me) haha ironic it is a food thing hey? But my sis is called donut on yahoo (nickname when she was little) and I am younger so...... mind you I can't ever recall her being called that as she is 14 years older than me lol.

Went to the fancy dress last night. Had a roast. The stupid people only gave us ONE choice when they promised my daughter there would be 2. It tasted like ****e lol. The cake was nice but ice cream sponge. Peppermint and vanilla. And I promise I only had a small piece. I only had one drink. The rest I drank water. Am posting pics on my Bebo for all and sundry to see.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:45 PM   #35  
Am I a senior too?

Pics posted lol
Old 10-19-2008, 02:52 AM   #36  

QUICK!!! QUICK!!!

I NEED AN URGENT ANSWER!!!

Can you cut up a banana and freeze it for later use???

I bought a load of bananas at 99c/kg the other day and they are now going black! Don't want to throw them out if I can save them!
Old 10-19-2008, 03:18 AM   #37  
Am I a senior too?

Um, dnt think so lol. Try it and see.
Mash it and Put a bit of lemon juice with it then you can
Hang on, I have heard of people doing choc coated frozen nana blocks on a stick so I guess you can
Anyhow, make some healthy nana muffins n freeze
Old 10-19-2008, 03:49 AM   #38  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Yes! But peel them first.

On another note - I'm loving watermelon! I got home from my run today craving something sweet and cold. I found the watermelon we had in the fridge and cut up a huuuuuge bowlful. Then I put it in CalorieKing thinking that I was glad I went for a run.

...440 gm is only 132 calories! Wow! I'm sitting here hoeing into it, and not feeling at all guilty. I guess it really is mostly water!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #39  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

i think you can freeze banana.......
blackle it. (it is the same as google but better for the environment) (www.blackle.com)

and i am going to replace my afternoon binge with afternoon cleaning if i can.
so there
Old 10-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #40  

How to freeze Bananas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The easiest way is just to throw them in the freezer.. yep skins and all. When you are ready to use them for baking, just defrost, snip off the tip with scissors and squeeze out like toothpaste!! If you want nice chunks for smoothies, slice and flash freeze and then package together. Just use what you need.. Simple!!
Old 10-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #41  
It's ME!

Oh my golly goodness, you ladies will never guess what I did in the weekend ...

On Saturday, I RAN FOR 70 MINUTES!!!!! I was on the treadmill and kept a slow but steady pace of 7.5kph and ended up running 8km!

Then yesterday, I went for a walk with a friend that ended up lasting for 3 hours! So I exceeded my goal of 4 hours cardio for the week by 3 hours.

Go me!

My goals for today are to stick to my points and do my usual class at the gym.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #42  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VONNI!!!!!

imagine if you ran in a straight line for 70 mins where you would be!! forever away!!!

i am having salad or a ham and salad roll for lunch today, am quite looking forward to it.
i may have a friend and her bub coming over but if she wants lunch that is what she can have. if she wants morning tea i have some ww cookies in the cupboard or i can 'whip' up some pumpkin muffins that are 2 points each apparently....

my vege patch is kicking butt coz we have had good rain the last 2 weeks
hope not long now til i get some food in there!
Old 10-19-2008, 06:46 PM   #43  

Morning all!

Just about to walk out the door and leave for my work trip! I spent a good deal of time yesterday assessing what my diet was going to consist of whilst away, and although any nutritionist would kick my butt big time for my choices, I am just satisfied that I have kept each day to under 1500cals! So, assuming nobody is going to say 'lets go out for dinner' I should be fine!!

I know I am bad for maintaining my water intake while away too, not sure I'm going to be able to change that! Where I am going some people react to the water in a rather unhealthy way - I am one of those people! And I am not one who can justify spending lots of money for bottled water, whatever the reason. I bring my own bottles of water from home, but I drink from them sparingly in case I might run out and not have enough to get my morning coffee! It is all psychological of course...because I have never returned home with less than half the water I took!

And apart from that, I work 10+hr days in an office that feels like I am based in Antarctica!! They loooove their air-conditioning there!!!

So, today is day four of my new weight-loss attempt and lifestyle change, and so far I have kept to my goals, bar the exercise bit (which apparently bothers me, but not enough to get off my butt and do something about it!). For now, I am content with the water and calorie limit. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make Monday my weekly weigh-in day or stick to Fridays as that was the day I started on...I'm going to try Fridays for a bit and see how that goes.

Julia! Awesome work with the running!!!

Vonni, happy birthday mate!

Kel, you mind sending a few drops of rain my way please?

And thankyou everyone for responding to my banana delema! I cut one up and froze it yesterday afternoon, and had it on my breakfast this morning! It was just perfect!!

By the way Vonni - I couldn't cook muffins (or anything else for that matter) even if my life depended on it!

Ok, must go! See you in a few days!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Hi Everyone!

So I read my post back and clearly I wasn't concentrating at all when I wrote it! What I meant was perhaps all the Adelaideans could meet up, (coz we are all close to the city from what I can tell). And it would be cool that all the Sydney-siders, Brissy girls etc could meet.

Hey Kel, I noticed you said you use blackle - I have a way cooler idea - www.givle.com. It still has the black screen, but it also donates money for each search you make to a charity my friend runs, called Carpets for Communities.

Must dash, boss is coming shortly!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Oh dear god, got totally smashed at the work dinner thing last night. Keep getting told things I said and did which I have *no* recollection of - that never happens to me! The hot guy from work turned up with his wife, and apparently I was sitting there chatting away like a big-mouthed loon to her for ages. I shudder to think wtf I was saying.

Oh god, someone tell me it wasn't that bad haha. I am dreading going to work tomorrow, the boys will give me so much crap!
Closed Thread