Old 10-12-2008, 04:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

Red face i love this site!

hello! im new here but not new to loosing weight. I started in april 08. since then ive lost 60lbs, but still have about 100 to go to reach my goal. so, this forum seemed like the perfect one for me
i just cant stress enouph how motivating this site is for me. I keep coming back just to read everyone's thoughts and see all the wonderful pictures. so i just wanted to say hi! my husband thinks im becoming "obsessed" with my lfiestyle change. he says thats all i think about is eating right and working out. i told him today that he needs to be more supportive. dont get me wrong. we have a very good marriage. he is a wonderful guy and a wonderful father. I just wonder how i can make him see how important this is to me. i just wish he understood how hard it is, and how it has to consume my thoughts. otherwise, i will stray...

Last edited by HVEECK; 10-12-2008 at 04:25 AM.
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi HVeevk - Congrats on your weight loss. That's fantastic.

I love 3fatchicks, too. Yes, it's an awesome place for lots of ideas, support and friendship as you journey towards better health. Please, post as often as you like.

I hope you HD becomes more supportive of your journey. It's helpful. Perhaps you could explain how it's not always easy to eat the right things, that it's hard making these lifestyle changes. Hopefully, he'll understand. But, if he doesn't, then please come here for support.

Glad you posted.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss as well, you have done fantastic!

It is very important to have support on your weight loss, if nothing else to know that other people go through the same struggles on a daily basis. My husband is very skinny and he is supportive but he has a completely different relationship with food than I do. So it is sometimes hard for us to relate on that.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #4  
BELIEVE!

Welcome HVEECK! You have come to the right place for support and encouragement! I could have written your post about your DH. I'm in the same boat right now. My DH desperately needs to think about his health and weight, but he's not. I know pushing him will not do anything but push him further away. I'm hoping as he sees my healthy improvements he'll start to make his own. He's a wonderful man, but since I'm not getting quite the support I need from him I find it here and with other friends in my life.

Looking forward to seeing your continued success!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #5  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

HVeevk,

I love, love, love this site also! Joined about a month ago and I'm obsessed with it. I wish I could hook it up to my gazelle and read and walk at the same time... I'd be one onderland in no time!
Krista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #6  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

to 3fc site and to this thread. on how well you have done so far keep up the good work.

I am fortunately that I have a supportive DH who was always lighter than me in weight but never the less overweight. We embarked on the healthy eating journey together and we have kept each other going through the bumpy patches. For the first time now in our relationship I am lighter than he is only by 30lbs but I am hanging on to that for grim death

I really hope your DH becomes more support over the coming months regarding you losing weight and becoming healthier in general.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVEECK View Post
my husband thinks im becoming "obsessed" with my lfiestyle change. he says thats all i think about is eating right and working out. s, and how it has to consume my thoughts. otherwise, i will stray...
Maybe that is almost all you think about - but to my way of thinking, if you are changing a very long-standing habit (or especially, as in this case, a whole collection of habits), it's normal and necessary to focus on it for a while. If these habits are deeply ingrained by years or decades of practice, there's no reason to expect only a few weeks or months of focus on new habits to be enough.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

thank you everyone for your supportive comments. this is a great place
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #9  
One pound at a time...

to the board!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

3fc is great isn't it? I'm obsessed with the new eating habits and exercise too. I agree with the poster that said you almost have to be obsessed when it's a huge change in your thinking and habits. I think it's starting to become second nature to me now, so I don't drive everybody around me crazy so much. Congrat's on your progress so far, you're doing great!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #11  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

I have learned so much from others on this site. It has been a vital tool to my success so far. Just keep checking in and you'll stay motivated!
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #13  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome! And congratulations on your weight loss so far. I love this site too and tell everyone I know about it
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote