20-Somethings - Weekend Support Thread

View Full Version : Weekend Support Thread

sh3l5
10-11-2008, 03:14 PM
How is everyone doing?....
days good for me after a bad night last night....
keeping my workouts to standard this weekend instead of adding more cardio....

Nichole28
10-11-2008, 03:20 PM
So far I am doing good, I normally crash and burn on the weekends but I am trying to keep myself busy which means to busy to eat LOL

ChileanChick
10-11-2008, 03:23 PM
I´m doing pretty well... I messed up on thursday and still feel guilty so I hope to stay totally OP!
I just came back from the gym, 50 min cardio + strengh training and now I´ll have lunch with my family!
Hope you´re doing great, and this "weekend thread" is a good idea, everybody tend to eat more on weekends"

Its Courtney
10-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm going to be super busy this weekend, so I won't be home too much. I was absolutely starving when I got home from work last night (at 10pm), and ended up making a big bowl of homemade mac n cheese. I felt so miserable afterward... :(

But today I've Shredded and ran for an hour around the lake to make up for it!

sh3l5
10-11-2008, 03:32 PM
i had my huge eat time last night....
i thought if i ate a lot, well i dont know what i thought....
but i feel stupid for doing it....
ive been on plan all today and feel better....
but shant be touching the scales until at least Tuesday morning!....
the thread helps keep accountability and provides support where u need it most....

Nichole28
10-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Yesterday was a bad day LOL, but I let myself have a cheat day. It was my hubby's birthday so I made lasagna and garlic bread and ceasar salad. I only had a little bit of everything, well I didn't even eat the salad but omg I was so sick for the rest of the night. My tummy just isn't used to eating like that anymore and when I do ugggg I pay for it. It is a good reminder for me to stay on plan LOL. Today is a MUCH better day

sh3l5
10-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Courtney do you find that doing more exercise to compensate bad foods you have eaten works?....

RememberHowToSmile
10-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Oh yesterday was bad, greasy food from Coney Island for dinner plus a turtle sunday afterwards. I felt like ****. I haven't felt that bad in a really long time from eating, and it made me sleep terrible.

Today has been much better, a small serving of shread mini wheats for breakfast, subway 6 inch no dressing lots of veggies for lunch . . . but dinner out for my birthday . . . steak I'm going to get the smallest one, plus probable a sweet potato no butter and a side salad with low fat ranch. And then birhtday cake, I'm only going to eat a small piece. Wish me luck.

angelanicole23
10-11-2008, 03:47 PM
had a huge cheat day last night..went out for dinner with some girlfriends and I was the only one who had fries and gravy with my wrap..lol..while they all had salads and are NOT dieting..lol..........oh well I had a cheat day..i'm two lbs from my goal and I know I will have to start easing more food back into my diet then to maintain..I don't regret having a cheat day...lol...doing really well today though!

angelanicole23
10-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Good luck rememberhowto
smile!!! Your birthday only comes once a year so happy birthday!!!

sh3l5
10-11-2008, 03:53 PM
yer your birthdays are for celebrating....
mines not until december and ive already kindly asked my mother not to buy me a cake....
same with crimbo and chocolate she puts in the stockings....
how do you tell them you just dont want it anymore!....

CurvaceousCutie
10-11-2008, 03:56 PM
My workouts and my eating are good. but my friends deserted me and like lonely. lol they all got bf's n gfs now n im the single 1 n i dont feel like being the 3rd wheel :(

Its Courtney
10-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Courtney do you find that doing more exercise to compensate bad foods you have eaten works?....

I try not to dwell on it, but exercising hard-core the next day always makes me feel better! It may not exactly compensate, like I'm not going to make it an excuse to eat bad all the time..haha!

jahjah1223
10-11-2008, 09:03 PM
So far so good this weekend im trying to double my exercise time since i lost 0 pounds and gained 1 last week lol

greycella
10-11-2008, 09:50 PM
The weekend doesn't mean much to me, because they are actually the middle of the work week for me. I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off. I have a wicked cold right now, and am hoping it's not going to prevent me from getting my cardio done effectively yesterday. Having to steer away from dairy while I'm sick has made making good choices at work (I'm a cook) easier though! No to the cheese sauce, no to the cheese cake etc etc etc...

Chele615
10-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Today felt so good to sleep in!!! I was sick for the majority of the week last week, so even though I had been going to bed pretty early throughout the week, my body was still exhausted and needed to rev itself back up. The majority of my cold is gone and I just have a bit of a stuffy nose here and there. But my stomach has been upset pretty much everyday since Tuesday and that's definitely getting annoying now. A lot of people at work have been complaining of the same type of stuff, so it must just be the first wave of "crud" that goes through the halls of a school for the year.

It's a long weekend though....so I plan on catching up on sleep, scoring some testing, doing some laundry, and cleaning. Enough stuff to keep me busy without wearing out my relaxing weekend.

Blcarter84
10-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Today was a rough day for me. Didn't feel like eating....had half an egg 4 miniature fancy potatoes and a couple of triscuits. I am totally PMSing too so that doesn't help. Just glad that I have tomorrow off...AND I went grocery shopping so there is actually SOME food in the house. Oh yeah and I didn't work out today either.:(

Star2Be
10-12-2008, 03:49 AM
Arrrrghh. I just had a bit of a binge. Damn you, alcohol, for completely obliterating my sense of good judgment and making me eat handfuls of pretzels and a few cookies and brownies! I know it was the alcohol, too, because when I went out for dinner tonight (BEFORE I went to the party where I had a few drinks...) I actually made pretty smart choices. I'm not going to beat myself up too badly over it, since I'm always really good over the week and weekends are the only time where I allow myself to cut loose and indulge even in the slightest... But it bothers me that I went over my calories for something as stupid as some pretzels, which I don't even like that much, when during the week I won't even let myself have a tiny bite of something I'm really craving. It just seems like a waste! Plus I'm a little disappointed that I'll probably have gained a couple lbs when I weigh myself tomorrow... Today I was 114.4, which was awesome, but I'll probably be at least 115-116 tomorrow. Boooo.

At least I'll get back on track throughout the week. I can't WAIT to be in the 200s... It will be so unreal. :D

sh3l5
10-12-2008, 04:04 AM
I am going out for my early morning weekend workout....
enjoy the weekends cos i can get the workouts done early....
and the rest of the days are mine....
just unfortunate i have to work today, from home!....
double time on a Sunday though!!!....
new clothes yey!

Chele615
10-12-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm trying to convince myself to go to the gym now. I'm kind of sitting in my bed still under the covers, so it's tough to get going! haha I plan on going in about 5 minutes though. I think I tweaked something in my back yesterday though when I was doing some weights. So it's just going to be cardio today.

I like the weekends for the mere fact that I don't have to be up and eating breakfast before 6am. Eating at 9am instead makes it easier to survive until lunch time! haha

sh3l5
10-12-2008, 10:57 AM
I have just eaten lunch....
a roast dinner with boiled potatoes and vegetables (carrots & cabbage) with roast turkey....
for pudding i made an apple crumble....
apples off tree cooked (with no sugar) and a crumble made with very little sugar....
i had a desert spoon full in the hope of being good....
it was delicious!....

heres to a lighter tea....
yoghurt and fruit i think....

sh3l5
10-12-2008, 03:20 PM
ok yoghurt and fruit and a tiny fruit cake....
heres hope to the scale moving next week....
Happy Monday people!....

Star2Be
10-12-2008, 05:38 PM
^ Mmm, yogurt and fruit sounds good! Good luck with getting the scale to move.

So, I cheated. I was too scared to look at the scale to see how last night's alcohol-and-snacks party had affected my weight, so I worked out first and THEN weighed myself, hehe. So I'm sure it's not entirely accurate... But it said 213.6! Woo-hoo! :D My body is so effing weird. I gain weight when I think I'm doing well and lose/maintain when I think I'm going to gain. Jeez! But I guess I'm not complaining. :dizzy: I'm just glad to see that I (hopefully) won't have anything extra to lose before I can get back on track. Here's hoping that this will be a good week of losses!!

Mae8217
10-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Weekends are so hard! Being at work and on a schedule makes it so much easier for me to watch what I eat. Sleeping in and skipping breakfast really throws me off for the rest of the day. Friday night we went out with friends, and I ate a healthy meal, but had 2 martinis. I guess that's not awful, I'm just really trying to cut back on alcohol b/c of all the calories. Then Saturday we went tailgating before our college football game and I had hotdogs and chips and beer. ugh. Maybe next weekend will be a better one.

Blcarter84
10-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Ok so this weekend has not been that good to me. I was super stressed out and didn't get much sleep. Also haven't eaten that much. Plus I didn't work out yesterday or today, I hurt my back picking up my son....so I hope that goes away by tomorrow...at least so I can work fine. Then on top of everything I started my TOM!!! LOL The scale is surely going to mess with me this week.
Star2Be-I totally know what you mean when you think you are doing awesome and then you gain a pound and when you slack off you lose. I guess the body needs a little change once in a while!:carrot:

kelli32
10-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I decided to have a guilt free-no calorie counting weekend. I had a ton of friends in town for my birthday and I knew we'd go out to eat, I didn't want to be beating myself up the whole weekend about food when I was just trying to have fun. I subconsciously did keep track of my calories though, just didn't write them down, I'm so darn nosey! I ended up eating under 1000 on friday but I definitely drank the difference. Saturday I ate out but I had a spinach wrap and cottage cheese then we ate chinese for dinner and I got SOOO sick. I didn't even go out until almost 12 because I was throwing up! I'm pretty satisfied though with how I did, I didn't snack at all and I didn't eat any sweets. I'm back OP today and I'm starting to feel better. I cannot believe how sick eating greasy food made me- never again. I am at about 1100 calories today but I'm ok with that because I'm pretty sure I drank my calories into obvlivion this wknd!

Jelbb
10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Star2Be:
You remind me of America Ferreira (sp?) in your picture. I'm not sure why. I think it's the shape of your face. V. cute. :)
This is so strangely unrelated to your last post, but it made me think of it... the strangeness of the body. I read somewhere something that seems SO blatantly obvious, but for some reason stuck with me. It was this guy talking about weight loss, and someone asked him:
Why does it take so long to lose weight when you're eating healthily and exercising? Why can't we just lose weight overnight?
and he replied in the most laymen way I could imagine,
For the same reason that it takes a while to gain weight. Think about the times you've binged, eaten a ton of pizza or beer or cake... imagine if you gained the weight from that junk food overnight!
I have no idea why THAT of all things stuck with me, since it's a ridiculously obvious statement to make... but it's always made me think about the fact that one evening or weekend of crappy binge can be re-balanced by a few days of awesome healthy eating without immediate adverse effects, you know?
Screw your weekend of fun garbage food! Jump back on the healthy train now, and you'll be grand. ;)

Mae:
Being at college/uni totally screws you waistline-wise, doesn't it? Yum, martinis. Hey, you're balancing the good with the bad, right? You didn't completely fall off the wagon, just took in a few extra calories here and there. Just say no to a few snackies during the week, and you'll be even. ;)

Blcarter84:
I'm so sorry about your back! Man, it sounds like you've had a rough weekend! :( I hope it gets better soon!!

kelli32:
Oh man! That's too bad about that Chinese food! Ick! Well, at least you won't be as tempted in the future to go for the grease, eh? :o
It sounds like your weekend went pretty well eating-wise! Good job!! :D

Me:
Ladies, it's thanksgiving weekend in Canada... and I ate too much turkey and mashed potatoes. And drank an entire pitcher of beer to myself when I went out with high school friends who were all home for the weekend. It was not a good weekend eating-wise.

But feeling as icky gross and large as I did this weekend has brought me back to 3FC, where I intend to stay until I'm feeling and looking better!!! :D

MachGirlie
10-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Yesterday was a good day, got a good workout in the morning and ate decently for the rest of the day. Today, completely different story.
Had wings for lunch and pizza for dinner :(
Back on the wagon tomorrow and working extra hard.

Jelbb
10-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Don't guilt yourself too much over little slip-ups. The way I see it... none of us are going to avoid ever eating pizza again for the rest of our lives, so it's not worth beating yourself up over. So we eat it once or twice here and there... just get back on the health track tomorrow, and no harm, no foul. :)

MachGirlie
10-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Forgot to add my feel good thing today:
After 8 months, I finally fit into my 'Van Halen' tour t-shirt today! WOOHOO. All about small goals, right :D

sh3l5
10-13-2008, 03:03 AM
so a good weekend all round....
im dying to see what my scales say in the morning....
difficult when bf is here cos he likes to lie in and i dunt turn the light on to wake him up!....

Jelbb
10-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Haha, you're way too nice. ;)

When my boyfriend decides he's having a lie-in and I have to work early in the am, I'm just too bitter to try to be respectful of his desire to sleep. :D I usually jump back into bed after I've showered and dressed and try to cuddle with him and wake him up with kisses. He usually responds by putting me into a vice-grip head-lock hug so I can't move/annoy him anymore...