Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Protein and Granddaughter

When we were camping, my four year old granddaughter was playing in my SIL camper and was acting like she was being a waitress. She asked my SIL what she would like to have. My SIL told her a bunch of stuff and my GD was quiet for a minute and they she said, "I don't have any of that stuff, why don't you just have a protein bar." LOL!!! My SIL told me that I had brainwashed my little granddaughter! My GD is still a little food patrol. If I eat something she still says, "Did the doctor say you can eat that?!" She loves my protein peach ice cream and her favorite protein bar is the "Titan" bar. It has 19 grms of sugar alcohol in them and her and my DH just eat them up!! Crazy nuts!

The weather is beautiful here and we are having a cider pressing/bond fire. The press is over a hundred years old and belonged to my great grandfather. We are having corn-hole tourneys, wiffle ball, badmitton, and what ever else we can fit in for the day. You all have a good weekend!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

nan -looking at this post made me think back to when you first joined. the scene you've described here woudlnt' have been happening!!!

you've done great!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks JiffyP~

I can remember vividly my June, 2007 post of "What If I Can Live Without Food!" and the great, sage, life altering advice I have received from so many of you. You guys all have made this WLS experience better because of the care I have felt here, the advice I have gotten from here and listen to people who "been there and done that". I'm tactless, wordy, but hope that I can in some way be the example you guys have set here. I learn something new here everyday and that helps me to be proactive about my health by learning from others and sharing what I have learned. HOORAY FOR ALL THE WLS PEOPLE ON THE FORUM!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote