Support Groups - McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES #38

View Full Version : McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES #38

4myloves
10-09-2008, 03:25 PM
The Floozies are a great bunch of ladies who've come to depend on each other for friendship and diet (and non-diet) support.

If you're looking for a niche and would like to join our group, we'd love to have you give us a try.

4myloves
10-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Mom, Jake and I are going to Branson this week-end. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon and coming home on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe!! Gas is FINALLY inching below $3.00/gallon again and the weather is PERFECT!! I get to spend time with two of my favorite people in the whole, wide world, what more can I ask for?

I'm going to start selling Tupperware soon. I've got to do something to start making extra money to pay off some of the credit card debt I've accumulated over the years. No one around here sells Tupperware, as opposed to Avon, and the price range isn't too high for me, as opposed to Pampered Chef. I think I'll be able to do ok with it.

School is going very well. I've had this professor several times in the past, so I'm pretty much used to his method of teaching, etc., so I'm not really sweating it. I'm the only one in the class, however, that takes notes--so I guess the others are sweating it even less than me!!

Jake is growing like a WEED. He was 8 months old on the 7th. He's got his two bottom teeth, and now we're fighting with the top ones. I'd take all that pain for him if I could. He's able to pull himself up to standing now, so it probably won't be long till he'll be cruising along. He's so cute!!!!

I probably won't be back for a few more days since we're going out of town, I just wanted to drop in and let y'all know I'm still here :wave: Hope no one minds that I started a new thread!

Cheryl

bigsexy
10-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I can't believe y'all's gas is inching below $3.00/gal! I'm in Knoxville and it's still about 3.50 which is completely ridiculous, but what are you going to do you know? Just last month we were in national news for having the highest gas prices in the NATION. When gas is more expensive in Knoxville than in namethatplace California there's a problem! But it's great for you guys. :) I've just gotten started on this 3 chicks forum and I'm really enjoying it. I'm new where I am and am looking for some friends who are on the weight-loss/healthy living wagon that I can join. Actually, just some friends in general. My husband and I are thinking about starting a family soon, but I don't want to do so at my current weight, so here I am.....sweatin' to the oldies! I'm really excited about getting to know everyone!

4myloves
10-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Hiya bigsexy!!

You're more than welcome to join us! As you can see by my signature, I have an eight-month-old little boy! I hope you're able to conceive with no problems--everything clicked for us with Jake, but #2 seems to be taking some time. Of course, I just stopped breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago, so I'm hoping that once my milk has fully dried up I'll get blessed again.

Yep, it's great that gas is going down here. Actually, in my town it's still $3.24--it's other places in the state that it's below $3.00. I'm crossing fingers and toes that it'll keep falling instead of starting to rise again!

Once again :welcome:

SuzyMc
10-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the Floozies bigsexy!

I'm Suzy...mother to two grown sons, but there are plenty of babies in our family! Our oldest son and his wife has 3 daughters (8, 5 and 18 months) with another daughter due on Thanksgiving and our youngest son and his wife are expecting a son on Christmas!

My dad was born and raised in Knoxville...it's a beautiful part of the country! I live in the northern most part of Pennsylvania, just 20 minutes from the New York state line. Our gas up here averages about $3.35 a gallon these days.

ShelleyM
10-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Welcome, bigsexy!

My 2 girls are grown and in college.

Cheryl-Thanks for starting a new thread. Next time you send pictures, add a Tupperware booklet! I'd like to check it out.

Suzy-Our gas is inching down. At one gas station it was $2.97 yesterday. Quite a news maker around here!

bigsexy
10-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the welcome ladies :) I'm hoping we won't have any issues getting pregnant either. We had actually decided to wait a few years to get pregnant, but we ended up pregnant a couple of months ago and I miscarried. I don't know why, but that inspired us to want a family A LOT earlier than we had planned. I'm super excited!

Suzy, your dad was raised in Knoxville? I like it here, especially the Gatlinburg area. I'm still getting familiar with everything here--I moved here from Savannah to marry my husband. And of course he makes everything wonderful. :)

coles
10-10-2008, 08:29 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_36.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)BigSexy, welcome to our group. You will love the girls here. We support each other in all the challenges of life. I live in Ontario, Canada. I have one daughter who just turned 28 yesterday.
I look forward to getting to know you.
Cheryl-thanks for starting a new thread, the other was long.
Enjoy your weekend.
Good morning everyone, I probably won't be around too much as its my weekend to work.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://************************************************** *******=ZSzeb098_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7926)

gdeann
10-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Welcome to the group!:welcome3: You will love the wonderful gals here, true friends! I am married, mother of two daughters ages: 9 and 23, live in Kansas and am a Cosmetologist. My oldest daughter married the first of the year and is living in Colorado. It has been an adjustment for all of us, but everything is going well. I suffered a miscarriage during my 4th month and will never forget the experience. Sending God's blessings your way to be able to start a family in the near future.

How is everyone? At the rate we are going around here, we will be poverty level before we know it. Our retirement is taking a daily hit. They keep saying things will turn around, I hope so!

4myloves
10-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Cheryl-Thanks for starting a new thread. Next time you send pictures, add a Tupperware booklet! I'd like to check it out.

You're more than welcome!! I will definately send you a booklet--I'll also give you all my webpage once I get it established so you can order directly from the web (from me, of course :) ), if you want to. I'm really excited about this, because there aren't any distributors in this area anymore. I plan on being one of those that makes money and drives the new car they give away! (Hey--a girl can dream, can't she? :D )

SuzyMc
10-10-2008, 03:45 PM
It's probably been 30 years or more since I was last in Tennessee for a visit. I loved Gatlinburg when we were there and the Smokey Mountains are so beautiful...especially this time of year!

Gayle, I hear you! It's downright depressing to turn on the news and see the bottom falling out of the stock market day after day. I just keep telling myself that one of these days that it's going to stop and it will start going up again.

Good luck with the Tupperware business Cheryl! Every once in awhile there is a booth selling Tupperware in center court of the mall here...that might be something that you could do too!

I hope you have a good weekend at work Janice!

I'm spending the day tomorrow at a mini quilt retreat...should be a really fun day!

Deelite
10-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Well to the club Big Sexy! We are a great bunch of friends.

Janice I hope that you get a turkey dinner in sometimes this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!

I am just waiting for Larry to wake up from his snooze and then we are going to have a roast beef dinner.

oh here is the guy now

tyyl

coles
10-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Doug is making Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow, so when I get home Amanda and Brian will come over.
HAve a good weekend all,
Janice

SuzyMc
10-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian Floozies!

Dee ~ How is Larry feeling?

It's another beautiful fall day here with lots of sunshine and temps in the 70's. I sure do wish this weather would continue, but I know that days like these are numbered.

gdeann
10-12-2008, 03:47 PM
HAPPY TURKEY DAY CANADA CHICKIES! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

It is cold & rainy here today Suzy. We are having high winds to go along with it too.

Liz & hubby had a friend killed in an accident yesterday. In fact, the girls boyfriend was staying with them this weekend when it happened. He works out of town all week and is staying with them a few weekends until he gets his place ready. She left behind a set of twins just over a year old. How sad...

Deelite
10-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Gayle I am so sorry to hear that. At times like this you wonder why and really what can you say. May God comfort everyone that is hurting.

SuzyMc
10-12-2008, 07:55 PM
How sad! You really have to wonder what God's plan is when something like this happens. My prayers go out to her family and friends.

bigsexy
10-13-2008, 07:59 AM
How tragic....sometimes there just doesn't seem to be an answer. Trusting in God is all you can do and pray for the grace to make it through.

SuzyMc
10-13-2008, 07:35 PM
I broke down and went to the doctor this morning...I've been having trouble with my ears and sinuses and sure enough I have a sinus infection, so I'm on antibiotics and decongestants. I hate taking decongestants because I don't sleep well while taking them, but I guess it's better than having my head explode! :lol:

It sure was quiet here today...what was everyone else doing?

coles
10-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Gayle - that is very sad news. Prayers,
We had a quiet Thanksgiving. I worked all weekend so Doug did the turkey etc, and we ate when I got home. It was nice just Amanda, Brian, Doug and myself. The weather was wonderful all weekend. The summer we never had finally arrived, for a couple of days at least.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_5_19.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)
Got to get back on track with the weight loss.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://************************************************** *******=ZSzeb095_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7923)

ShelleyM
10-14-2008, 05:44 AM
Gayle-How horrible! Prayers to them.

I have been nursing a toothache, as I'm sure some of you noticed on FB. I have a bad infection around a root canal that I had about 25 years ago. I left work in tears yesterday, it hurt so bad. I stayed drugged up in bed all night and hopefully will be able to work today with no problems. I think the antibiotics are starting to kick in.

coles
10-14-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm glad you are feeling a bit better Shelley. There's nothing worse than a toothache.

SuzyMc
10-14-2008, 08:52 AM
I agree...tooth pain is awful! I'm glad that the antibiotics are helping you now, Shelley.

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving Janice!

It's about time for another Floozie challenge isn't it? Anyone have any ideas?

gdeann
10-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Shelley, Liz just went through the same misery. I hope the antibiotics kick in soon. {{{HUGS}}}

Suzy, feel better soon! Didn't you just go through this a few months ago? I'm ready for a new challenge. I had wine twice on the other challenge which, considering how much I enjoy wine, was a major victory.

Janice, enjoy the weather! it has been cold & rainy here. I won't break over and let Steve light the furnace yet. We also purchased a large electric warmer for the livingroom last night. They say heating bills will double/triple this winter in our area.

The girl met the boy while she was expecting. He has basically went through the birth and the first year or so of their lives thinking of them as his own. I really hope her family will continue to let him have contact with them. So far, they are including him in the funeral planning, etc. He is staying with my daughter and hubby and then his family (from here) will be going for the funeral. So much sadness here as everywhere. The town lost a boy of 11 here this week because of an accident and then a 7 year old yesterday because of an illness.

Deelite
10-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Just checking in to say hi and good night.

Larry is doing well. He went back to work today.

gdeann
10-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Glad Larry is feeling better, Dee! Must be the great nursing he had! :val2:

I think for the next challenge, I will plan to have "intentional eating" which will be to really stop and think about my food choices, to stop and measure portions and to watch my body when it is telling me it is full.

coles
10-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Gayle - that sounds like a good idea. I am with you on this challenge.
I took my scale over to Amanda's house because I am a scale junkie. I weight myself at least once a day.
She will weigh me on Tuesday mornings at that it. I hope it will make me work harder to make that weekly weigh in count.
Dee- Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

SuzyMc
10-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Gayle ~ I like the idea of an intentional eating challenge! SO for the next 21 days I'll sit down at the table to eat...whether it is a meal or snack. No eating on the go, or in front of the TV and not while I am doing anything else.

I had pneumonia in July. I have allergies, so my sinuses are a mess from spring until first frost even with allergy meds and nasal sprays and this was a really bad allergy season for me. Over the weekend my head really filled up and I started running a fever, so I knew it was time to see the doc.

Janice ~ I like your idea of sending your scales to Amanda's house. Not only will you not be able to keep jumping on the scales, but it will keep you accountable when you go over there to weigh in! I hope it works well for you!

Dee ~ I'm glad that Larry is doing so well and able to go back to work already! That's great news!

Shelley ~ How are you feeling?

ShelleyM
10-16-2008, 05:54 AM
I am back to feeling normal, thanks! I am getting the tooth pulled on the 27th. I haven't been working out this week because I am afraid the pain will return. What an excuse, eh??

Janice-I have found for me, it's better to weigh everyday, otherwise my weight will get out of hand.

Gayle-I like your challenge. I have been weighing and measuring for awhile now, and it really makes a difference.

Cheryl-Thanks for your link. I will check it out.

Hi Suzy and Dee!

bigsexy
10-16-2008, 07:45 AM
I love to weigh in everyday. I know sometimes it'll go up, but it keeps me motivated to see the reward on the scale when I didn't give in to temptations the day before. It's really the only thing that keeps me going.

So I found out yesterday that my dog has a heart murmur and it's really depressing. We were hoping to get another one so he could have a friend, but now we're not going to be able to afford having another one in case Moose's bills get expensive. I just feel sad for him. It's kind of weird, but he's like my baby right now because Jeff and I don't have any. It might be nothing, but it might be everything. *sigh*

4myloves
10-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Hello everyone! Back from Branson! The trip was pretty good--Jake cried just about all the way up there, though. Mom and I finally figured out that it was because his car seat was in the car wrong and he was sitting up too straight. When we fixed it, he was fine :)

I don't know if I'm gonna get in on the challenge this time. I appear to be in a slump, and, generally, I tend to do WORSE when I start pressuring myself.

I thought I was pregnant last week, but when I took the test it came back negative :( I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to have to go back on birth control pills for a couple of months to regulate myself again so I can conceive.

BigSexy. I had to have my cat, Baby, put down in November of '07 due to complications with diabetes. It hurt like the dickens and I still miss her. I hope things go well with Moose. Maybe the heart murmer is something that can correct itself? You know sometimes babies are born with heart murmers, but they go away. I don't blame you for holding off on getting a new dog, vet bills can be very expensive.

Talk to you all later,
Cheryl

coles
10-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Cheryl - it will happen when its meant to be, stop worrying.
I miss the scale but I think this is better for me. I was on and off it a few times a day. It I had a lose it was an excue to eat something. This way I won't know until Tuesday's how I'm doing. So far it has kept me on my toes. Hopefully I will see a big lose on Tuesday.

4myloves
10-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks, Janice. I keep telling myself it will happen when the time is right, it's just that Jake happened so FAST! I guess I was thinking it would just always be that way :o I'm trying to be patient--what else can I do, right?

gdeann
10-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Cheryl, even if you never have more children, you have Jake who is a true blessing. Try to be patient and everything will work out for the best. Maybe you need a few evenings of romance and some of that wine you like?? LOL!

SuzyMc
10-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Cheryl, God blesses us with children in His time, not ours. When the time is right, you'll have another baby. For right now concentrate on Jake and spending time with him. :hug:

Deelite
10-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Cheryl what a surprise I got in the mail today! Thanks! Jake is getting so big. He has changed alot since april. He looks like a boy not a baby. Good luck with a new conception. It will be in god's perfect timing.

I hope you all have a great weekend. We got frost last night for the first time so I was out pulling up my annuals. This weekend we are suppose to be in the mid 60's with sunshine. Larry is working on the metal cladding on the windows so he will enjoy the good weather. We would have gone camping if he had done this chore sooner.

My friends just got back from Europe. They were gone 5 weeks. We will be going to visit them tomorrow night. She is cooking us a shrimp dinner.

I think that I will go on a walk with my poochie. It is already dark but my back and leg is pretty sore and walking helps reduce the pain.

Shelley I am so jealous of Larry right now. He just booked a fight to Ft Myers. I wish that I could go so I could get to meet you in person. That would have been awesome.

ShelleyM
10-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Oh my gosh! Why is he coming to Ft Myers??

Deelite
10-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Shelley I looked up where Larry is going to be on Google maps. He will be 8 miles from where you live! Dam I wish I could go. He is going to visit a company that they are doing work for.

ShelleyM
10-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Wow! 8 miles north or south? I work about 8 miles north of my house.

Deelite
10-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Shelley it is 8 miles north. It is a place called Monktons (sp?) I will check with him later on the spelling and get the adress again. Cool isn't it?

bigsexy
10-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Hey Cheryl, I wish you all the luck in the world with getting pregnant. My husband and I have been discussing more and more getting pregnant so I hope it goes well for us too! Like everyone else said, don't worry about it. You never know what God has in store for our lives or the baby's life--he has perfect timing. My pastor said once that God says, "If you could see as I see, then you would do as I do." That just really stuck with me! Good luck! :)

gdeann
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
How cool would it be if you two girls could meet! Dee, maybe you can sneak on board the plane??? I bet the two of you would have a blast!

coles
10-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Okay, I want a pat on the back today. I just came back from my walk by the lake today 2.55 miles in a snow storm. I just keep pushing myself and I did it. I was sick in bed yesterday with a head cold, chills, sweats etc. feeling better today.
Suzy - how is your heal feeling?

bigsexy
10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Okay, I want a pat on the back today. I just came back from my walk by the lake today 2.55 miles in a snow storm. I just keep pushing myself and I did it. I was sick in bed yesterday with a head cold, chills, sweats etc. feeling better today.
Suzy - how is your heal feeling?

Talk about walking uphill both ways bare footed in a snow storm! I'd say that's about as close as it gets! :carrot: I'm currently sitting here debating about whether or not I'm going to go to McDonald's for lunch simply because I love those little game pieces! I can't believe I'm going to eat like 1,500 calories (they only come on the LARGE fry) because I like the game pieces. McDonald's is the DEVIL!! :devil: Ok....I just talked myself out of it. Vegetable beef soup.....here I come! :dance:

Deelite
10-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Good choice Big Sexy! Me D's can wait.

Janice I can't believe you had a snow storm. We haven't see snow yet and I certainly don't want to. It has been sunny and 0 at night but day time around 7-10. On the weekend it was 18.

Shelley the company is Munters and the address is 210-6th St S.E. It is an evaporater cooler company for turbines. I would love to come but Larry plans on taking me to Florida the end of Nov. I didn't want to say anything til I had the ticket in my hands. So we will have to wait and see. The only thing is I will be in Orlando. If there is anyway that you could come visit me I would love it. I am going to be there for 9 days.

Gayle are you staying out of trouble? I don't think so......cause we haven't heard much from you.

Cheryl you are lucky to be able to go to Branson so often. I am glad that you are able to get away and enjoy life.

Suzy keep your hands off those yummy sugar cookies. i would help you by eatting a few if I was over there. ;)

I had a Pain Clinic appointment yesterday. The last procedure was a fail. On thursday they are going to try something new. They will try injecting cortison (sp?) into my spine hoping that they hit the area that is causing me pain. They said that they will not give up on me but will continue to try new things. I feel like a guine pig.

SuzyMc
10-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Janice you DO deserve a big pat on the back! Way to go girl! There is snow in our forecast for the first time this season tonight into tomorrow. It's only 38 (3 C) here this afternoon! Burr! I am NOT looking forward to winter at all! :(

My heels are doing better, but still are sore if I spend too much time on my feet. I'm not in constant pain anymore though, so I can live with it now.

Dee, the good thing about that sugar cookie recipe is that it makes a very small batch, so they can't do a whole lot of diet damage!

Bigsexy...you get a big pat on the back too for staying away from McDonalds! You can't get anything healthy through a car window...stay away from it!

My brother is here visiting (and freezing his patootie off) this week, so if I'm not around much that's why. He will go back home to Florida on Sunday.

coles
10-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Big Sexy - congratulations on making a healthier choice. Woo Hoo!
Dee- I hope the cortisone helps. It must be frustrating to go through so much pain with the procedure and then not get relief. My heart goes out to you. I am proud of you for staying so up when you are living with pain all the time.
Suzy - glad the heels are feeling better.
Yes where is that Gayle??
Shelley - I'm sending you cyber snowflakes

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_43.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_43.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_43.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_43.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://************************************************** *******=ZSzeb096_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7924)

gdeann
10-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Gayle is here, just very depressed. We have added 2 family members to Hospice care in the past 48 hours...

ShelleyM
10-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Gayle-I'm so sorry. Prayers are being sent your way.

Janice-Wow, you are a real trooper! I hope you are feeling better now. I can't even imagine a snowstorm!!

Dee-I may be able to come see you in Nov. I have a wedding here on the 28th, but I will be in Tampa on the 16 for the girls' sorority. Will you be at Disney? You will have to let me know the exact date, and maybe I can come and meet up with you at some point. That would be so amazing!!

Deelite
10-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh Shelley when I read that I was hollaring. Hey yes I would love that. I am staying at a resort but will have to get the details from Larry. He is in a trade show. The approximate dates are Nov 29 to Dec 7. Tickets aren't bought yet but I will let you know. Awesome!!!

Gayle now I go from really happy to sad for you. I am sending you a big {{{HUG}}}. I love you dear.

Suzy I am glad that your heal is getting better. The cookie recipe sounds amazingly good. I am glad it is a small batch. I think when I have my sweets under control again then I will make them for my once a week treat.

We spent the evening in emergency last night. Larry's eye was sore the night before and by the time he came home from work it was really red, sore and itchy. It is a good thing we went. His cornea had a piece of metal that they had to remove. This morning it was really swollen. I hope that he doesn't have an infection. I am hoping that he made an appointment with the doctor to check it out. I am thankful that I convinced him to go to the hospital.
Hey I even had to drive there. I did ok but when we left Larry drove home! lol
He said he could see out of both eyes, I am not to sure about that. Maybe he didn't like my driving.

Today it is raining. I made it home from my workout and boy do I feel it.

I challenge you girls to get off your butts and do something.
Hey if I can do it you can do 10 minutes or more of some sort of activity.
Who is up for the challenge?

coles
10-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Count me in Dee. I didn't walk today, I was all stuffed up again but will get out there tomorrow. We still have snow on the ground, not too much now.
Gayle - prayers, from my heart to you.

ShelleyM
10-23-2008, 05:48 AM
WooHoo, Dee! We can do lunch or something. I can't wait!! Anybody else want to join us???

Deelite
10-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Lol wouldn't that be great if everyone could come?

Today was injection day. I had 4 cortisone injections. they had problems finding the right bone. they said it was hiding at the back and hard to reach, so the first two injections didn't go to well but the last two ws better and more like it they said. I was feeling good this afternoon and I went for a walk. My pain was next to nil. I thought wow, now it isn't so wow I feel whoa that hurts. I am not sure if I should have walked or not. They didn't say what I could do, even if I can shower tomorrow or not.

Oh well time will tell if it worked.

I am cooking a home made pot of pork and beans with malassas. Yummy and a loaf of fresh bread is rising. It should be good tonight.

Hope that you all had a good day.

SuzyMc
10-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Dee ~ I hope you will get some relief from this round of shots. Remember that pain is your bodys signal that you need to slow down and rest and that pain blockers are only taking away the pain, not the problem, so don't over do it even if you are feeling better!

Hugs to you Gayle!

I'm making another trip to the doctor today for my sinuses. I've been on antibiotics for 10 days with no change. Hopefully the doc will be able to do something to help clear this infection up!

coles
10-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Dee- from what I know about cortisone shots the less you move around for a couple of days the better, otherwise it doesn't stay where they put it, just kind of disappears into the rest of the surrounding areas. They should have given you some directions. Cortisone is wonderful when it works though.
BUZZ - Party at Shelley's Woo Hoo

Deelite
10-24-2008, 02:40 PM
thanks ladies for the advise.

I am just heading out to an Angel reading. Tomorrow I will be in a angel workshop all day. It is very exciting. I believe in Angels. do you?

Anybody get off there toosh and walk today?

gdeann
10-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Yes Dee, I believe in angels! I named mine Faith. Have fun at the reading! Sounds very interesting!

I hope Shelley & Dee can meet up with each other! You two would have a blast! How exciting!

If I am absent, it involves the two family members that are ill. I tend to be the "center hub" that finds logic & reason during this insane time. I seem to be putting out one fire after another. Our families are having a hard time with this because of various reasons. Plus, one of the ill family members is my mom's sister. They have always been extremely close. Because of mom's health/age there are issues playing in there too. Looks like we will lose both members before the holidays... Just know I am here, just placing most of my energy into what I need to be doing on the homefront.

gdeann
10-24-2008, 04:47 PM
BTW: My mom went for her check and we are now doing weekly lab. Her heart is not pumping as it should and the doctors fear a blood clot/stroke. HOPEFULLY, we can get it treated with medication and shock therapy.

SuzyMc
10-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Oh Gayle, you certainly have more than your share right now! Your aunt, uncle and mother are in my prayers. I'm saying special prayers for strength for you too. :hug:

The doctor put me on a stronger antibiotic and prednisone today...hopefully that will finally kick this sinus infection!

The angel reading sounds interesting Dee. I do believe that angels help watch over and protect us.

ShelleyM
10-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Prayers to you and your family, Gayle.

Suzy-Take care with that infection. Drink tons of water while on pred.

Dee-Hopefully the cort will help you. I am so excited and pumped to see you in person. I told both my DD's yesterday when they called. They know you because of the cards and pictures I have received. They think it's really cool that we will be able to meet.

SuzyMc
10-25-2008, 09:06 AM
That predinisone is wicked stuff! I slept from 11 to 1 and then was wide awake until 5:30 when I managed to get back to sleep for 2 more hours. I'm really dry this morning too, so you're right Shelley, I'm really going to have to drink lots today!

gdeann
10-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Suzy, our pantry door gets a workout around three days into predinsone! Do you notice the increase in hunger?

SuzyMc
10-25-2008, 11:28 AM
I know while I was up during the night that I felt hungry. I never eat anything between dinner and breakfast, but I could have last night...I resisted though. I'll have to be careful...I'm down 2 pounds and I DON'T want to put them back on!

Another twist...I broke out in an itchy rash, so had to call the doctor this morning to see what that was about. Apparently it is a reaction to the antibiotic, so I can't take sulfa drugs anymore (I've taken them before, but it's been years since I took it last). I made another trip to the pharmacy for another antibiotic. This is really getting old...I'm sick of being sick!

ShelleyM
10-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Suzy-I am allergic to sulfa also. That's why they put me on pred when I have a bad flare-up of UC. The pred will keep you wide awake if you are taking a very large amount. When I was on 40 mg a day, I couldn't sleep and my fingers would constantly contract and cramp.

SuzyMc
10-26-2008, 10:14 AM
The allergic reaction was strange because I have taken it before without any problems. I do think I'm starting to feel better this morning. I slept last night with the help of Tylenol PM, so that helps right there...I don't do well without sleep! He only put me on the prednisone for a week, so just a few more days of that.

How is everyone's weekend going? My brother has been here visiting from Florida. It stinks that I've been sick the whole time he's been here...it kind of cut down on the fun. We had a big family dinner last night at my mom's house though and it was fun getting everyone together. He's flying home this morning. The sun is out here today and I'm going to try and get some leaves raked. There's snow in our forecast for the first part of the week, so I need to get as much done as I can on these nice days...they won't last much longer!

Deelite
10-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Suzy take it easy even if snow is in the forecast. Rest is in your future. Good for you for losing two pounds. Now stay focused and when you are hungery eat carrot and celery sticks.

Shelley I think it will be cool to see you. It has been a few years since we have been friends.

Gayle my heart goes out to you. I am sending my love and hugs and prayers to you and your whole family and friends. My dear girl let's think positive things like healings and love around you. We will put you in a big bubble with all those good thoughts.

Cheryl how is your weekend going? You are a pretty busy mommy we don't hear as much from you as we use to.

Hey big sexy what are you up to this weekend? How is the weather in your neck of the woods. We haven't had any snow here yet but it won't be long.

Janice did you work this weekend? Most of our leaves have blown down and it is windy today. Larry is out there finishing caulking his windows. It needs to be above freezing so he has been pushing it but it should be done today.
Well I hope so anyways as he is leaving for Florida tomorrow and won't be home til late friday night. Five more days makes a big difference in the weather when our fall has been higher temps than average. Just loving it.

Yesterday the angel workshop was a WOW! so much new and wonderful info. I wish that I could cyberspace it from my brain to yours.....little bits will come out here and there.

We have angels all around us waiting for us to ask them to help us. They won't help us unless we ask.

coles
10-26-2008, 05:11 PM
I just finished work for the weekend. Doug cooked a nice dinner tonight. He is working in Kingston all week so leaves Monday morning and comes back Friday night. I have to work until 7 on Halloween night. I dread driving home when all the trick or treaters are out and about.
Gayle - prayers to you and your family. I have only seen angels once. I was at my worst with arthritis and in so much pain. I looked across the room and there were three orbs with faces in them. It gave me such peace at the time and then I gradually started to get better. I think they were just telling me they were there with me and it was going to be okay.

gdeann
10-26-2008, 05:32 PM
My Aunt passed away this morning during the early hours. She was sleeping and at peace. Thank you all for the prayers. The funeral will be this coming Saturday.

I believe in angels too! I agree with Dee, they are there to guide us, but we need to also ask them to assist us at different times. How would you like to be an angel for an old, cranky person?? :-)

Deelite
10-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Gayle I am sorry to hear of the passing of your Aunt. How is your mom doing? It is a rough time for you right now. Trust me I totally understand. {{{HUGS}}}

Janice we should get together since our hubbies will be away from home all week! That was nice to have dinner waiting for you.
Your angels are always with you. You don't necessary have to see them but you might feel them or just sense that they are there. Reguardless if you know that they are there or not they are. Ask them to guide you or help you drive home halloween night.

Larry's packing now so I am going to go make us a nice latte to enjoy together.

xox

gdeann
10-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Mom is doing ok... this was her older sister and they use to be able to do almost everything together. That changed with mom's heart issue and my auntie moving in with her daughter because of health problems. The funeral is going to be horrible to get mom thru... I have a brother and two sisters who I am 99.9 percent positive will be there and they haven't spoken to mom in years. I feel so sorry for her knowing she has to face the loss of her sis plus deal with her kids acting like "butts". :-(

SuzyMc
10-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt, Gayle. I hope the funeral goes smoothly and that everyone behaves. My prayers are with you and the rest of the family.

Deelite
10-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Just wanted to pop in and be the first to wish everyone a good monday. Yikes I even beat Shelley on the board. lol

Just getting up restless but back off to bed. Thank goodness I am not up for the day yet!

Have a good one.

ShelleyM
10-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Gayle-Prayers to your family on the passing of your aunt. She is in a better place now.

Dee-I'm not sure if I believe in angels. You will have to help me on that one. When is Larry coming here? BTW, the name of the place is Munter's Corp. Mike says they make thermostats or something like that.

Suzy-Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Janice-I work until 6 on Halloween night. The kids in daycare should be nice and frisky that day! Luckily, I am in the office, so I will only get them if they are bad..

I am getting my tooth pulled today. Going out for a run first. There is no school today...

coles
10-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Gayle - prayers to you and your family. I can't imagine that your siblings don't have compassion for your Mom and behave themselves. Hopefully they will help your mom get through the funeral.
Shelley - good luck today with your tooth, it is good you're getting that trouble maker out of your mouth.
Dee- I don't mind when Doug goes out of town to work. I can do what I want. I get take out from Swiss Chalet (on program) and subway. Going to try to get some Christmas shopping done this week. Doug and I aren't buying for each other we are going to Punta Cana the first week in February instead. I'm cool with that.
Good Monday morning Floozie Friends.

ShelleyM
10-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Ladies-I need some ideas for snacks to satisfy my sweet tooth. I have been eating too many raisins. Preferably, something cold?? Any ideas??

SuzyMc
10-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Shelley ~ What about no sugar fudgsicles? They are only 40 calories each!

I am feeling much better today, so I think that this round of meds is going to do the trick! It sure has been a long haul!

ShelleyM
10-28-2008, 05:03 AM
Suzy-They are a red light food for me. I used to eat 4 or 5 of them per night. I traded them for something more healthy, at least I thought! Thanks for trying anyway! I just have to face the fact that I eat too much of anything.

coles
10-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Shelley - how about frozen grapes, they are good.

gdeann
10-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Shelley, how about skim or soy chocolate milk? It might be my imagination, but I feel more satified at times with 1 cup of milk compared to other snacks. I just purchased the soy milk, but haven't tried it yet. I also purchase the individual fruit cups/parfaits and them keep them in the fridge. Portion control for me!

Thank you for the prayers. I take mom back to the doctor today and then we are going flower shopping for the funeral. Hopefully we can find some pretty lavenders and pinks. I'm thinking it will all be fall colors of orange, yellow, crimson.

Sounds like everyone is on the mend from tooth problems and illness. I wonder where are Cheryl is? Seems to be MIA?? Or maybe I just think it's been longer then it has.

Suzy, our doc gives us a standing script for predisone because of Allie. It is the only thing that will work when she has a flareup. I hate using it with her, but it works.

SuzyMc
10-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Gayle ~ I wasn't thrilled about having to take the prednisone either, but at the point I was at, if the doctor had told me to take a spoonful of poo three times a day I would have tried it! Thankfully the prednisone and antibiotic are working! ;)

Shelley ~ What about apple slices or some other fresh fruit? The pears are really good here right now too!

gdeann
10-28-2008, 02:59 PM
I just got an emergency call from the doc to instantly take mom off the new meds. They did blood work this morning and it is completely out of whack. I knew something was going on, she could hardly move today and was out of air. I even had to leave her on the bench and go get the car. NOW I need to go over and try to EXPLAIN to my mommy to take it easy & rest and to in no shape or form, cut herself. I guess her blood is super thin. I’m not good at this nursing stuff!

Deelite
10-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Gayle is your mom on comiden? My mom is and her blood gets monitored every two weeks or more often if needed. As soon as she is on an antibiotic or any change of meds her blood either gets too thin or too thick. I hope that your mom has a better day tomorrow.
How did you make out with the flowers?

Shelley Larry called me from St Peter's beach today. He was at the big pink hotel. I am so jealous. I remember that beach like it was yesterday that I was there. He said that Munters (sp?) is an evap cooling company. He had a good meeting with them today.
I think that a satisfying col treat is frozen grapes. It is healthy and takes time to eat. You can also eat frozen blueberries.

Cheyl where did you go? Are you all tied up at the moment trying to make babies?

Janice have I sent you our warmer weather yet? It was 12 out and looks like it will be warm all wek.

Suzy how you feeling? Are you back to normal yet? Did your company go home? Your material you picked out for the little one is going to make a cute quilt.

Larry must have felt sorry or worried about me being alone this week. He texted the kids and told them to visit their mom. Well they have been need I say. I made supper and lunch for Dez yesterday and tonight Jay and Ash had dinner with me. I haven't had a break from cooking, I am cooking more now that when Larry was at home. So much for a break. My sister Gail came into town today and we went to the casino. It has been busy and I am sore and exhausted. Thanks Larry but no thanks. I like my quiet time.

Now having said that I am going to brush my teeth, wash my face and jump into the hot tub and off to bed.

coles
10-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Dee- We are having another snow storm today. The warm weather you sent is supposed to arrive in time for the trick or treaters.
I find it hard walking into the wind. Yesterday a fox came out in front of me and stayed with me for quite a while. I think he was looking for a break in the fencing to get down to the lake for a drink. It was weird.

SuzyMc
10-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm about ready to throw in the towel here...I woke up this morning to a horrible sore throat and mouth. I called the doctor and he had me come right in. Thanks to the prednisone and all of the antibiotics I now have a nasty case of thrush. The doctor added two more meds to treat the new infection. Dieting should be easy the next couple of days...my mouth is so sore that I don't even want to drink let alone eat and the medicine is upsetting my stomach. I am so sick of being sick!

We had snow on the ground this morning when I got up. It's all melted now, but it's still very cold and windy.

My brother left on Sunday after a week long visit. Unfortunately I was sick most of the time he was here, so we really didn't get to do too much together. We did have a couple of nice family dinners though.

Gayle ~ How is your mom doing today?

Dee ~ Are you getting any quiet time today?

Janice ~ That's strange about the fox following along with you...I think that would have scared me!

gdeann
10-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Poor, poor Suzie! I experienced something like thrush one time too. They gave me some horrible paste crap to place in my mouth on the sores. Tasted like liquid poo.... I am assuming for some reason your immunity must be down. Be careful sweetie and try to get some rest. Remember, fluids, rest and periods of shopping do wonders! LOL! Please get to feeling better soon!
Mom is doing ok... this was a very close sister to her and now she is afraid she won't be able to contain her emotions. I told her it is ok to grieve openly, people will understand.

Yes, Dee, mom is on blood thinners. She needs to be on them for two months and then have shock therapy to try to get her heart back into rythm. Right now she is at a risk of clotting/stroke.

Well, you sickies had to pass it on! Actually, last week I burned my upper arm (long story) it never hurt and seemed to be healing fine. Now it hurts like a ^$$&^^*&&*!!!! It is all red around the burn and I can see infection in the center. Wouldn't you know it, it is right in a spot to be rubbed & bumped all day doing hair/shampoo's. I'm keeping it clean, treated and bandaged. Hopefully it will be better in a few days. Dee, send an extra angel to be my nurse!

SuzyMc
10-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Gayle ~ Watch out for that infection on your arm! I'm sure you know all about the "super bugs" that like to hang out in nursing homes and hospitals, so I probably don't need to warn you, but do have it checked if it's not better in a day or so.

My dad had the similar problems as your mom, Gayle and had several cardioversions over the years. I know it's not fun when your heart is out of rhythm...hopefully she will be feeling better soon.

The doctor put me on Diflucan (1 pill) and Mycelex, which is a tablet that I have to suck on. It's not bad...kind of like sucking on a tums. All this mess in my mouth came about from the prednisone and all of the antibiotics...it's killed off all of the bacteria in my body good and bad, so it opened me up for all sorts of lovely things. I've been eating yogurt in hopes to put some of the good bacteria back, but I have a feeling that it's going to take awhile to get back to normal!

Deelite
10-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Aww my Suzy {{{HUGS}}} take care of yourself. Yougurt does help and I don't think that it takes too long before the good bacteria starts growing.

Gayle just ask ArcAngel Raphael to heal you. He is the angel that does physical healing. Your angels are with you and there for you.

I am hurting bad so I haven't been around much. I am wondering if the last injections made it worse? I think that is what happenned the last time I tried cortizon shots.

gdeann
10-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Dee, the last few times mom has had her cortizone shots in her knees, have not helped at all. In fact, I think they are worse.

SuzyMc
10-31-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm sorry that you are feeling so badly Dee. What is it with us Floozies??? I think it's time that we all started feeling good for a change!

gdeann
11-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Hope everyone had a great Halloween. Allison dressed up like a whoopee cushion this year! :-) We had the viewing today and funeral in the morning along with lunch etc. It was kinda hard tonight taking Allie to do "fun kid stuff" when we have so much other stuff going on. But, as mom said, my aunt would want it no other way. She would want Allie to go and have fun compared to doing visitation tonight etc.

I agree Suzy! Time this group of Floozies started feeling better!

Deelite
11-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Gayle I am glad that you took Ali out last night. You needed a bit of fun at this hard time.

Larry made it home last night. Whew I don't know what I would do if he hadn't made it home til tonight. We are having the dinner party tonight for three other couples. This is the big dinner when you go all out and do it by yourself. I have not been up to this for a long time so I have skipped over my turn. It was definitly over due. I am not up to it with all the pain and still having a hard time with losing everyone but I am doing it. I am just taking a break from all the standing. We are making it a little easier by the menu we choose. It is pretty far out there for our friend but this is about trying new things in a safe enviroment.

Our menu is

Cavier on a boil egg toasted bagette with mayo

Seaweed soup with pork and rice

Shrimp in a garlic and wine sauce with bagette for dipping

Pork Spring Rolls (Dez rolled for me) Thai sauce

Marianted Bacon Wrapped Waterchestnuts

Sushi

Brownie drizzled with white sauce topped with fortune cookie.

I don't think any of my friends have had cavier or sushi. We only ordered vegetarian or tempera shrimp and crab. No raw stuff so I think we will have a cool experience.

coles
11-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Wow Dee you are a great cook!!

ShelleyM
11-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Whoa, I have missed quite a bit here. My mouth has been hurting, since my tooth was pulled. It feels ok while the med kicks in, then when it wears off, I am in pain again. It's been a week since it was pulled. I've been taking Vicodin at night and living on ibupropen during the day.

Suzy-I'm so sorry you are in pain also. The only time I was ever sick badly was when I was on pred. It makes your immunities go down.

Dee-I'm glad Larry is back. Did he say how beautiful the weather was here?

Gayle-Ouch on your arm. Did Alison have a nice time trick or treating?

Hi Janice and Cheryl!

coles
11-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Dee - thank you for the warm weather, it finally arrived Friday night. It is supposed to be 20C tomorrow.
When Doug left this morning to go out of town for the week I made him take the left over halloween candy and lock it in the back of his truck. No point in having that calling me. Weigh in day tomorrow.
Hope all our sick people are on the mend.
Have a grand day.

SuzyMc
11-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Well something has certainly lowered my resistance that's for sure. I spent the weekend with a stomach virus. At first I thought that maybe it was due to all of the meds that I'm taking, but my daughter in law and granddaughter also had the same thing over the weekend. I will be so glad to get back to normal!

Deelite
11-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Suzy I hope that you are feeling better soon. You have been sick long enough.

Janice it is 18 here today. I am just going to head out for a walk with Dez. Our normal is about 4 for the day time. It has been beautiful for at least a week.

Shelley Larry said that the day time weather was awesome. He brought me back some sand from St Pete's beach. It is so fine and white. I had forgotten how nice it is. We have one beach from here that has simular sand. It was voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world. I collect rocks and crystals and this time Larry brought me back a rose quartz crystal shaped into a little angel.
When Viv died she had all these avon angels so I put them out on my hutch. I have over a dozen angels from her. This one will fit in perfect.
Funny thing is my mom gave me an antique black angel yesterday. My collection is up to at least two dozen as I had a few of mine before.

Gayle how is your mom doing? My mom is just about better from the phenomonia. (sp?)

Cheryl did you take out Jake for Halloween? If you did what did you dress him up in? He is a cute little pumkin no matter what he is wearing.

Time to get out and enjoy the day.

xox

4myloves
11-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm here! I've decided to only use my computer at work for WORK from now on! I just got a new computer (and internet) for my home over the week-end.

Gayle, man you sure have had a tough time since I've been away. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. Hang in there, my friend.

Dee & Shelley--if y'all get to meet in real life I will be so jealous! What fun the two of you will have!

Hi Janice, Suzy and bigsexy!

coles
11-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Cheryl - I wondered where you got to. Glad to see you back.
Hope all our ill floozies are on the mend - Suzy, Dee, Shelley, Gayle
Today is weigh in day. My scale is at Amanda's to keep me from jumping on it every five minutes, so hope its a good number.
Have a grand day.

Deelite
11-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Janice let us know how you do.....no matter what the number is keep working it.

Today is another beautiful day. One of the last it looks like. Our normal temps are 2 and today it is suppose to reach 14. Yesterday it was 18. There is rain in the forcast for tomorrow and snow the next day. Yuck! I am going to go outdoors and enjoy it.

coles
11-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I weighed exactly the same. That is discouraging. I have been working hard at exercise, water and eating healthy. I expected to see some improvement. The weather is beautiful today. We are supposed to get the rain by Friday.

SuzyMc
11-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Remember Janice...staying the same is better than a gain! You're doing great!

Cheryl ~ It's good to hear from you! I'm glad that all is well.

Dee ~ We have pretty much the same forecast here. It's supposed to be near 60 today and then snow by the early part of next week. :(

I've lost 5 pounds over the last month while I've been sick, but I'm not moving my ticker just yet. I have a feeling that once I am better and eating normally that some might come back on.

ShelleyM
11-05-2008, 05:44 AM
Janice-As long as you are doing everything, your weight will soon catch up with you being OP. I complained and complained about mine, then it kept heading downward. You are doing awesome! Keep it up!

Suzy-I agree, weight loss after being sick is usually just temporary.

coles
11-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Thank you all for your words of encouragment. I have been trying hard and it is discouraging when the scale doesn't move an ounce. It is making me more determined to see good results next Tuesday.

gdeann
11-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Janice, you may have gained muscle weight from the exercising, plus our body retains fluid from exercising. Are you noticing a difference in how your clothing is fitting? Did you measure? There are many other factors to consider other then what that #$&%&*#%$ scale reads. I think we should have a scale burning! LOL!

Deelite
11-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Janice I totally agree with Gayle. The scale is only a number if you are doing the right things your body will become more toned and you will lose body fat. It is ok it will show in time.

SuzyMc
11-06-2008, 10:13 AM
How's this for a switch? I feel SO much better today! I had to call the doctor back yesterday because my mouth still wasn't better. He called in another prescription for me and (fingers crossed) I think it's going to make the difference.

How is everyone else doing?

coles
11-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah Suzy - you're finally one the mend. I'm glad!

Deelite
11-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Suzy I am glad to hear that something is finally going to work for you.
Did you get any snow today? We started off with rain and sleet this morning and it turned into snow tonight. Everything is really slippery. I am not looking forward to walking to the Y tomorrow morning.

My internet was down all day but I am back up and running. I will post more tomorrow.

SuzyMc
11-07-2008, 07:31 AM
The rain is supposed to start tonight here and then change over to snow. I doubt that we will get much snow, but it sounds like it's going to be cold, wet and nasty...good quilting weather! ;)

coles
11-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Dee- keep that nasty weather. I am terrified driving but have no choice when I have to work. YUCK.

SuzyMc
11-08-2008, 02:39 PM
It is cold, dark and dreary here today...yuck! Is it too soon for me to say that I'm ready for spring? ;)

The scales were down a bit more this morning. I had honestly thought that they would have started moving back up now that I have been eating and drinking normally again. I can't say that I was disappointed with the number though!

ShelleyM
11-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Suzy-Now I have been sick, I'm not sure if from the amoxicillin (which I took for 3 days, then stopped.) I have had severe diarrea and nausea. I am finally feeling better today. Would you believe I lost 6 lbs in the last 2 days? It will all come back on as soon as I'm better. I haven't seen 118 in years and years and years.

Deelite
11-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Where did everyone go? Did you get snowed in or are you all sick?

Shelley wow to weigh 118. That has been years for me too.

Suzy how you feeling today? I hope that you are doing better.

Cheryl is Jake keep you busy? I bet he is climbing and trying real hard to walk. What stage is he at?

Gayle are you keeping out of trouble? How is your mom doing? I seen Ali's halloween costume. It game me a good laugh. Did she blame her mom's cooking on giving her gas?

Janice did you get the snow and ice that we got? I can't believe how quickly it turned winter here. It is cold and icy. I can't wait til I get out of here and feel the sun. My bones are feeling it. The trees are pretty but the walking is dangerous.

On saturday Larry and I celebrated out 28th anniversary. We were going to go out for dinner but friends of ours asked us to go over to their place for dinner. They even bought us champaine. I can't beleive how so many years can pass by so quickly.

I hope that you all come out of your holes and play.....

coles
11-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Where is every one. It was my weekend to work so I haven't been around.
We are getting some nasty weather today but not too bad just wet snow.
Happy Belated Anniversary Dee & Larry!
Glad that Suzy and Shelley are finally on the mend. Now nobody else get sick.
Weigh in day tomorrow. I had about five good days and two bad so we'll see how that plays out.
I went last week and booked an all inclusive vacation to Puerta Plata for the first week in February. I said after the winter we had last year we were going away this year to break it up a bit. That is Doug and my Christmas present to each other.
Come out come out wherever you are. Cheryl, Bigsexy, Gayle???

4myloves
11-11-2008, 10:42 AM
A new thread has been started!!