General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Halloween!

So, Halloween is coming up. My sister and BIL are throwing a party, any cool ideas as to what I can go as? What is everyone here doing for Halloween?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #2  
If I can do it...

S/C/G: 243/243/180

Height: 5'5

we are going to a halloween party as well..
I am going to go dressed as an old cuban lady.. basically..a moomoo with panty hose, flip flops, rollers in the hair with a hair net.. a pillow on the tush.. and excessive makeup.. haha. I did this a few years ago and everyone really got a good laugh out of it.
belinda245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

goin to a party as well

I'm going as a Go Go Dancer
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

Every year my husband and I do a team theme at our friends' huge party-
2005-Dog and Beth chapman(Dog the Bounty hunter)
2006-Britney and Kfed(10 days prior to their breakup-thank god)
2007-hubbby was a nun-I was sick as a dog that night
2008-we're thinking pimp/prostitute-me as the male pimp, him as the female prostitute-not 100% yet
Any ideas for a duo out there? Should be a little scandelous.
futuresize6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #5  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I'm completely out of ideas. DH and I have been racking our brains trying to come up with something funny and original.

The catch this year is that I'll be hugely pregnant. DH suggested body painting....but a snowball has a better chance of surviving in **** than he does of getting me to go out of the house without a top and just a painted torso.

It seems like everybody and their mom takes it upon themselves to dress like a ... ahem...slut on Halloween.

Last year, DH and I went as Michael Vick and one of his dogs...it would have been great had there not been a manufactured costume of the same thing. We put a ton of effort into that.

The year before I was a maxi-pad with wings.

Here are some pictures:

Ignore the mess....this was an idea that was thought up the night before Halloween....we had a LOT of work to do.

I should note that DH's skin was stained for almost a week...he had a fun time at work

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-08-2008 at 09:42 AM.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #6  
beachin'

My husband also mentioned that we could go as Gov. Palin's pregnant daughter and boyfriend....

I'm not sure how many people would "get it" though.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 AM   #7  

I think dressing a little scandelous is Ok for halloween, it's out of character for most people and a chance to be a little racy for 1 night-BTW have you seen the enormous selection of "slut/any occupation" costumes in the halloween stores? Now that's somewhere to direct any anger with racy costumes.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #8  
beachin'

It seems like the only costumes available for women in stores are "slutty [insert occupation here]" costumes.

I was really surprised last year at the number of YOUNG tween and teenage girls dressed in the slutty occupation costumes......and also the number of mothers accompanying them dressed the same way.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #9  

My nine year old daughter wants to be dead cheerleader so we purchased a costume that was size appropriate for her(she's tiny @ 9yr) and the skirt was so "open" and inappropriate for a kid-for an adult as well. We are taking it back, she agreed as well. Plus made cheaply, poor quality fabric for the money that they charge. Goodwill has some finds if a person is creative with the same cost!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #10  
beachin'

definitely. The goodwill and other places like that have been lifesavers. It's amazing what you can find...especially with a few weeks notice

Also, you could try putting a listing on your local freecycle and craigslist to see if anybody has any old cheerleading outfits....you may get lucky and get a real one from a local school.

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-08-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #11  

Thanks-
We did luck out and borrow one from an older neighbor girl down the street-FOC!!! Now I have to do "cheerleader" hair-whatever that is, I was NEVER a cheerleader.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #12  
beachin'

think...BIG.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #13  
If I can do it...

S/C/G: 243/243/180

Height: 5'5

i love the dead cheerleader idea.. my 2 girls want to dress up like the raven triwns from busch gardens.. so I am on the hunt for matching outfits.. and eye makeup for them..

zeffryn.. that michael vick idead was great

my pregnant coworker is dressing up like a pregnant nun.. and her husband as the priest.
belinda245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I found a website with some really funny and inexpensive Halloween costume ideas. Here are some that I shared with my daughter:

nudist on strike--wear your normal clothes and wear a sign around your neck that says "Nudist on Strike"
Leaf blower--attached one (or several) leaves on strings to a hat and wear the hat. When anyone asks what you are, blow on the leaves and say "I'm a leaf blower."
In the shower--wrap a towel around your body (be a good idea to wear a tube top and shorts underneath!). Wrap a towel around your head, turban style or wear a shower cap. Carry a rubber duck and a back scrubber.
cat burgler--wear all black, including hat and mask or balaclava and carry a bag of stuffed cats (let their heads peek out)
kissing booth--find a box big enough to fit over your body and attached it with straps over your shoulders. Print on the box "kissing booth" and name your price.
Twister game~buy a twister game, attach ribbon to the spinner and tie it on your head like a hat. Cut a hole in the middle of the mat and wear it like a pancho and then invite people to spin
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I'm not doing anything halloweeny this year. I was going to dress up for work, but I have to give a presentation to the excutive team of one of the airlines here and I don't think they would appreciate it if I showed up in costume.

Instead of celebrating halloween my bf and I are heading up to the mountains for the weekend, to celebrate our bdays. We're going to a couple of screnings at the Banff mountain film fest and I've booked a dog sledding tour followed by a couples massage. We're also going for a really nice dinner on the Saturday. It's not very halloweeny, but hopefully romantic.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote