Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-08-2008, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Question A little fall fun - OT

So it's getting colder outside for a lot of us. And, if you're like me, you'll be spending more time inside watching TV.

So who would be your TV boyfriend/girlfriend?

What's that? It's a person on TV you have a "relationship" with. A love affair without the dirty socks on the floor, whining about taking out the garbage and doing the dishes, farting at inappropriate times, etc.

It's that perfect person who never comes home in a bad mood. Who never picks a fight with you because they've just spent 2 hours on the phone having their boss yell at them. Who confines all their personal grooming activities to the bathroom.

My TVBF is Chris Noth. He was the very hot "Mr. Big" character on the TV show Sex and the City (SATC) and also starred, on and off, as Detective Mike Logan in Law & Order and it's spin-off L & O Criminal Intent.

I think he is gorgeous, even though he's now greying and getting kinda chunky. I belong to several online groups set up by his fans.

This started as a big joke on my DH, after I read a humorous article about the writer's TVBF. I wanted to give hubby a bit of competition in the "romance, hearts and flowers" arena without cheating on him. So this was the perfect solution.

And I now have several Chris Noth group friends who are really nice women and who I get together with in NYC whenever we are there.

So who is your TVBF?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I can't explain to you WHY...maybe it's the sarcasm of the character, or the accent the actor really has....but Dr. House himself, Hugh Laurie....
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #3  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

So check this out. My husband actually looks like Chris Noth. A neighbor pointed this out when we moved into town and I told him. He said... what? great, CN has those huge bags under his eyes. But he is also very handsome, I replied.

We do watch the shows he is in. Recently, I looked at DH and said, wow, you know, you really do look like him!

goody for me, right? but he's a moody ba$tard!! carries the weight of the world on his sholders. lov'im all the same

BTW, I do think Hugh Laurie is very sexy too.

Last edited by kittycat40; 10-08-2008 at 11:12 AM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #4  

Hugh Laurie sexy? - yeah! and I also think (I know you'll think I'm weird) Richard Belzer (Detective Munch on L & O SVU) is really sexy. Not his looks but the intellectualism and the dark, dark humour.

kittycat Your hubby looks like Chris Noth? Enjoy! My DH has compared himself to Ernest Borgnine (McHale's Navy for those of us old enough to remember it) and he's not so far off the mark. I tell him he looks like a much younger, thinner Ted Kennedy. Johnny Depp he's definitely not (another fave of mine who used to be on TV).

There are so many gorgeous men out there - ours, the ones on TV and in the movies, almost every fireman you meet, those guys doing landscaping with heavy rocks in the summer time, etc. etc. We should enjoy all of this eye candy since we're all pretty hot ourselves now.

Dagmar
Old 10-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

so, this is a blast from the past, but in one of the first seasons of survivor I totally loved Ethan.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I hope she doesn't mind if I post a link, but Lillybelle's husband looks just like Dominic West - that hottie actor from The Wire and The 300.

Lillybelle hubby

Hot actor guy

Hubba hubba hubby, indeed!

Last edited by Glory87; 10-08-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Oh, no , Lilly's husband is way more good looking than the actor that was mentioned,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:55 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Oh, no , Lilly's husband is way more good looking than the actor that was mentioned,
bargoo You're right. Lucky lilybelle! And her son Shane is gorgeous too!

Dagmar
Old 10-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #9  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Mine would definitely be Naveen Andrews, who plays Sayid on Lost!

He is way hot! Definitely my favorite right now.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:15 AM   #10  

Barbara He is hot! Was he also the boyfriend who gets beaten to death in Jodie Foster's latest movie (Brave One I think it's called)?

Just looking at your before and after photos too. In addition to losing 35 lbs I think you also took off about 10-15 years! You look amazing in the vacation "rock" photo.

Dagmar
Old 10-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #11  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

I think my DH looks like David Duchovney (sp) from the Xfiles. Very cute, IMO! He has his moments.

I love Sayid from Lost (yes, he was in The Brave One), he's so strong and sweet at the same time. But I'd have to say I am secretly in love with Tony Soprano. I can't explain it. Must be the power trip?

Twisted, I know, but it's just for make believe, right?
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:06 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by burhenns View Post
I think my DH looks like David Duchovney (sp) from the Xfiles. Very cute, IMO! He has his moments.

I love Sayid from Lost (yes, he was in The Brave One), he's so strong and sweet at the same time. But I'd have to say I am secretly in love with Tony Soprano. I can't explain it. Must be the power trip?

Twisted, I know, but it's just for make believe, right?
I loved David Duchovny on the X Files. Not so much on his latest - "Californication" I think it's called.

And yes, the TVBF/GF is total fantasy. That's why they're the perfect mate- no socks on the floor, farting at the table, etc. - cause they're locked up inside the TV set.

Dagmar
Old 10-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #13  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Lorenzo Lamas still makes my heart skip a beat, so sexy & hot!
Infact he kinda makes me
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #14  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I love Chuck!

and Jim from The Office.

My husband kind of looks like Sanjay Gupta, the doctor on Headline News.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #15  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

ohh, I forgot about David Duchovny! I love him; he could definitely be my TVBF too. Anyone ever hear the song "David Duchovny, why don't you love me?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Just looking at your before and after photos too. In addition to losing 35 lbs I think you also took off about 10-15 years! You look amazing in the vacation "rock" photo.
Thanks, Dag!

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 10-17-2008 at 08:49 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote