Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 10-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #1  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Fiber One caramel delight cereal

Dang this stuff is good!
I don't eat cereal (except for granola), but DH does. He got a box of the caramel delight, which sounded good to me. And it is!
Stats are pretty good, too:
1 cup 180 calories
3 grams of fat
3 grams of protein
9 grams of fiber !

I just nibble on 1/4 to half a cup as a little snack. Satisfies my sweet tooth when it rears its head.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

yummm sounds good, I may have to pick myself up a box. Have you tried the fiber one poptarts?? very yummy
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I love caramel delight. I can't drink milk, but the flavor goes perfectly with vanilla soymilk!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Height: 5'5"

Yumm

I have Fiber One Raisin Bran and it's really good, too.

The only issues I have with it is there's something like 46g of carbs and 16g of sugar (but I guess that's about standard for cereal) which makes it a better once in a while treat than an everyday breakfast.

What about Fiber One Yogurt... has anyone tried that? I see those commercials all the time but haven't seen it in the store.
quiddkidd06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

The columbus newspaper (dispatch) just did an article on Fiber 1 poptarts, and they're a scam! They actually have more calories than regular poptart, and all the same terrible, fake ingredients! And they don't really give you very many more vitamins/minerals, just a little more fiber.

don't eat them!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #6  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

In all fairness, with Poptarts, if you try to make them more like a toaster pie, they really aren't Poptarts anymore. Poptarts will never be healthy - I think Fiber One was just trying to make a "less evil" version of a comfort food for every now and again.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly315 View Post
The columbus newspaper (dispatch) just did an article on Fiber 1 poptarts, and they're a scam! They actually have more calories than regular poptart, and all the same terrible, fake ingredients! And they don't really give you very many more vitamins/minerals, just a little more fiber.

don't eat them!
Was anybody actually thinking something with the name "Pop tart" in the name was healthy?

Just because there is a Fiber One logo smacked on the box doesn't mean much in terms of healthfullness. All it means is that there is more fiber...and it looks like that is true....how is it a scam?

If we're really striving to be healthy...let's avoid pop-tarts all together.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Caramel Delight is my favorite Fiber One cereal! The toaster pasteries are okay and the Fiber One yogurt is SO good!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Don't know if this will be of any help or not.. but, if you're trying to get more fiber into your day, you might consider Kelloggs All-Bran Buds.

A small serving has 70 calories, 1 gram of fat, 13 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein, 8 grams of sugar.

I keep them at my pc for when I'm surfing 3FC and have a cup of hot tea beside me. It's not as fun as eating chocolate, but there are powerful nutritional motivators (at least for me). I try to eat the cereal every day because it has... um... helped me... get.... um... regular. :blush:
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #10  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Just wanted to throw this out there....Am I the only one who DOESN'T like this cereal? I love the honey clusters and the Raisin Bran by Fiber One, but I find this caramel Delight way to sweet for me....though, I'll give ya, I bet it's ok to eat dry as a snack. I think it's sweeter and very similar to Cinnamon Toast Crunch!

I love the newer flavors of F1 bars, apple streusel and strawberry almond drizzled with dark chocolate....in fact again, the only Fiber One bar I don't like is a caramel one, I love the chocolate and peanut butter ones.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

My problem with the FiberOne stuff is that it's just a little too delicious -- I know if I don't watch myself, portion control will become a problem. I used to enjoy FiberOne caramel & oats bars from the same line, but after eating one I'd always want just one more... (My housemate, who's maintaining an 80-pound loss, always keeps a huge box of them around and will sometimes eat two or three in a row without thinking -- he's put on about ten pounds and I really think it's from the bars alone.)

If you can handle the portion control, though, then it sounds like a great treat!
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/174/135

Height: 5"8 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
Was anybody actually thinking something with the name "Pop tart" in the name was healthy?

Just because there is a Fiber One logo smacked on the box doesn't mean much in terms of healthfullness. All it means is that there is more fiber...and it looks like that is true....how is it a scam?

If we're really striving to be healthy...let's avoid pop-tarts all together.
I agree. No one said they were "healthy", but if you're going to go for something sweet might as well go for the fiber-filled version. Also, from comparing the nutritional stats of the Pop Tarts to the Fiber One brand, I have found the calories to be the same. So, how are they higher?
creativename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #13  
Being lazy is easier!

S/C/G: 224/216/170

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
Just wanted to throw this out there....Am I the only one who DOESN'T like this cereal? ... I think it's sweeter and very similar to Cinnamon Toast Crunch!

I liked it because it tasted like Cinnamon Toast Crunch.....until you got to the end of the chewing and then it felt like I was chewing on mushy sand. It was very gritty. Granted, I got a Free Sample box from Walmart online and then it sat in my cabinet for awhile, but it smelled great and tasted pretty good til that final chew...

Maybe it's better with milk.
amykay9377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:29 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiddkidd06 View Post

What about Fiber One Yogurt... has anyone tried that? I see those commercials all the time but haven't seen it in the store.
I have. I've bought the peach/strawberry pack. I find that I like them alot, though I wish they were sugar-free. The yogurt itself is quite good. It's creamy, with no hint of grittyness. It's now one of my standard snacks I take along with me to work. As I would say if this were ebay:

A+++++++ Two Thumbs Up! Would eat again!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #15  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

I'm glad someone posted about this cereal! I almost picked a box up the other day and decided to go with my normal kashi.. I'll def get some next time
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote