20-Somethings - Halloweeeeeen!

View Full Version : Halloweeeeeen!

Its Courtney
10-07-2008, 03:23 PM
I know it's a little OT, but...

What are everyone's plans for Halloween? Anyone dressing up or going anywhere fun? I think I may be skipping out on giving out candy this year since I always end up eating more than I pass out! :dizzy:

raw23
10-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Normal Friday night. Stay home and watch movies with the bf. We're such bums! :) But, in 2 years we've have 1 trick or treater. :lol: Not a hot spot!

paniania
10-07-2008, 04:17 PM
But, in 2 years we've have 1 trick or treater. :lol: Not a hot spot!

Holy crap! 1 trick-or-treater?!?!?! I can't recall ever having less than 30 kids stop by. Which reminds me that I have to start hunting for the Halloween candy that's on sale. I have to make sure that it's something I don't like (Smarties, Blowpops, etc.) so that I don't chow down on the extras. Too bad I won't be home on time to actually give out the candy. In my opinion, they start trick or treating way too early in my neighborhood - by the time I get home at 6:00 it's pretty much done and over with.

The DH and I don't have an actual plan yet, but I think that it will involve a movie as well. Poor guy has to work Saturday morning and can't be doing any serious partying or anything. We'll probably end up picking some scary movie - even though he has to narrate (I get too freaked out to actually watch, but I do like the plots).

LandonsBaby
10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
We just had one last year and we live in the city. I may buy a little bag just in case but that's all. Other than that, we don't do much. We'll go to a harvest party at my mom's church and I think that will be all.

raw23
10-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah! In an apartment complex... I thought it would be hit up a lot. The one trick or treater was 2 years ago... last year (fully aware of the lack of trick or treaters) we bought two huge bags of candy. They were gone in a day. :lol: Makes me sick to think of it now. :)

FreeSpirit
10-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I'll probably go to a haunted house or something, or pass out candy to the kiddies.

ghost
10-07-2008, 04:38 PM
I live between an elementary school and a high school. Yea, property value is high, but come halloween night if you are not prepared you are sooo going to be cleaning up your yard the next day.
I'll be on a plane on halloween night (I leave here at 4pm and get to San Fran the next day at 11am). So I'm going to have to station someone at my house with a big bowl of candy and a really bright flash light. My son is dressing up as Speedracer. I don't think I'll be dressing up, unless I just wear my fairy wings to work that day.

stacylambert
10-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Nothing exciting here. Probably watch a movie or play some video games with my husband. We get a small group or two of the area kids. I did get a pumpkin costume for my boston terrier. I didn't want to dress up so I'm going to let him "answer" the door. The kids should get a kick out of it.

sh3l5
10-07-2008, 05:20 PM
celebrate if i reach my target!....

DRose
10-07-2008, 05:26 PM
I thought it would be fun to do some sort of couples costume, I never have before. My idea was to go for a Grease theme, my bf would be Danny and I'd be Sandy. He wasn't interested. Oh well, we'll probably go to some corn maze, a couple haunted houses, and watch scary movies.

prepping
10-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I think we'll give a shot at hosting a halloween party at our house this year. Considering renovations will be wrapping up in the next couple weeks we're antsy to christen our new place.

And no one will be allowed in without a costume. :D

shantroy
10-07-2008, 05:41 PM
1 trick or treater!?! Last year I was at my parents' and we had over 150! My parents give out the full sized chocolate bars so there may have been a few repeats...lol.

This year my bf and I are heading up to the mountains for the weekend to celebrate our bdays. We're going to go to the Banff mountain film fest and watch a whole bunch of outdoor adventure movies. I've also booked a dog sledding trip for us, followed by a couple's massage. Not very halloweeny (which is to bad b/c halloweeen is my fav holiday!), but hopefully romantic!

Jassica
10-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Probably doing nothing like always :)

Chele615
10-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I usually hand out the candy....to the 10 total trick or treaters who show up. But this year, I will be up in Ottawa, Canada for the Skate Canada competition. I'm so excited :)

peachcake
10-07-2008, 06:16 PM
I get anywhere from 250-300 trick or treaters... I think I might pass out candy again this year. I usually give small candy and give 2 or 3 to the little kids (under 10) and no more than one to older kids. If a teenager shows up at my door I give them an empty candy wrapper. I'm mean like that though... I still act like I'm putting something in their bag so they don't know who actually did it, or if they dropped one back in there. It's a Friday this year but my bf and I talked about renting movies and staying in.

julie99s
10-07-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm taking my kids trick or treating! I love Halloween! There's a Halloween party later at night I'd like to go to also, but I doubt I'll have a sitter.

peachcake
10-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Honestly... I'm loking forward to having kids so I can follow them around trick-or-treating and buy/make costumes and buy Christmas presents and all that jazz. For now though... I'll have to stick with my 2 dogs and 5 cats/ Holy cow.

RememberHowToSmile
10-08-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm going to a concert, Hallowicked (if there are any ICP fans out there). I went last year and it was a ton of fun. Which means I wont dress up unless you consider the outfit in my avatar picture a costume. :)

mermaid20
10-08-2008, 12:05 AM
remember how to smile... i love the outfit you are wearing in your avatar photo. You look so cute!!

ChileanChick
10-08-2008, 12:21 AM
We don´t celebrate Halloween here LOL
I mean a few kids come by but there´s no "Halloween Culture" so No one, and I really mean NO ONE has candy, so they leave empty handed, it´s kind of sad... but we´re just not used to it

Its Courtney
10-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Ooooh yeah I can't wait to have kids to go trick or treating with! I have such great ideas stored in my mind..haha! My mom always did a great job helping me with costumes.

I remember being Tonya Harding one Halloween (I was SO into the winter Olympics one year and huuuugely in ice skating!) But yeah, I dressed in my gymnastics leotard and my mom gave me horribly gaudy makeup and I skated around on rollerblades from house to house...carrying a pipe. LOL!

Do ya'll remember that?? What was it, she hired someone to smash Nancy Kerrigan with a pipe or something? Yeah....I love my mama. :)

julie99s
10-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Honestly... I'm loking forward to having kids so I can follow them around trick-or-treating and buy/make costumes and buy Christmas presents and all that jazz. For now though... I'll have to stick with my 2 dogs and 5 cats/ Holy cow.

omg, I love Christmas with my kids. Remember how fun Christmas used to be when we were kids??? Multiply that by a thousand. Seeing their faces light up Christmas morning is the most wonderfully delightful thing ever. It's priceless, and every year they melt my heart

I remember being Tonya Harding one Halloween (I was SO into the winter Olympics one year and huuuugely in ice skating!) But yeah, I dressed in my gymnastics leotard and my mom gave me horribly gaudy makeup and I skated around on rollerblades from house to house...carrying a pipe. LOL!

That is so beyond awesome, I can't even explain. LOL. If you came by my house in that costume now, I'd give you the whole bowl of candy!

Iconised Ghost
10-08-2008, 03:32 PM
We donīt celebrate Halloween here LOL
I mean a few kids come by but thereīs no "Halloween Culture" so No one, and I really mean NO ONE has candy, so they leave empty handed, itīs kind of sad... but weīre just not used to it

its pretty much the same here. its getting more popular with kids, but i lock my gate so they cant come bother me :D I dont really like halloween much, and around my neighbourhood parents seem to think its ok to let their kids wander around people's houses by themselves :mad:

caligirl98
10-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Well, my friend has 3 kids, so after we take them around trick or treating a bit, well bring them back to the house and then do some real trick or treating ourselves. You're never too old for free candy. It's always funny when fourteen year olds (who think they're too old to trick or treat) open the door and hand out candy to us. Luckily, we still look like teenagers, and I'll be dressed as a baby, so that should help.

kimberlyw
10-08-2008, 04:50 PM
We will probably be skipping it this year, unless there is a fall festival type of thing at church. We just moved here in June and don't know people well enough to feel comfortable with letting our kids eat strangers' candy LOL:)

cephalopod gal
10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Still not sure what I'm gonna do. There's a couple of parties here in town that I'm considering doing to, but there's also a get-together in Austin. Obviously I have to choose between one city or the other haha.

Either way I'm dressing up as a zombie pirate :) I love doing zombie makeup and my mom was a pirate two years ago, so I'll just wear her costume. :)

leighish
10-08-2008, 10:19 PM
it's my son's first halloween so we might wander up and down the block. We have very little trick or treat activity in this area though so I don't know how much luck we'll have.

sh3l5
10-09-2008, 03:12 AM
i need to pull me finger out or ill never reach my target....