Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 11:18 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday's Thread

Did I miss the thread for today? If not, I guess I'm starting one. If so, then I'll go post there.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:45 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday, sigh...

Oh, how I dislike Mondays. You spend the weekend dreading the week and then the week looking forward to the weekend. I hate how that is.

Well, I'm not sure how I'm feeling about myself today. I am very sleepy, ick, so I'm not entirely certain. My week was good, with the exception of being extra hungry all week--I stayed OP until Saturday. And even most of Sat I did OK. BF came over and we watched movies and ate munchies. I made popcorn, which I don't feel at all guilty about, made a little meat and cheese tray, had Dots (one of the greatest candies ever) and mini Nestle crunches. Also had WOW chips and FF dip (which I didn't even touch.) I probably ate most of the meat and cheese, ate my entire bowl of popcorn and my entire thing of Dots, and by yesterday, there were only about 5 little Nestle crunches left. I at least had the willpower to throw them away. Yesterday, I didn't really eat anything, except Nestle crunches.

I'm a little disappointed, I told myself that I'd have a successful weeked. I didn't.

On the bright side, I made it to the gym 3 times, took a 1/2 hour walk one night that I didn't make it to the gym and was OP almost the entire week. Next weekend WILL be better.

Gotta get some work done now.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:46 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Thumbs down Where is everyone??

Hey Jess! Hope you had a good weekend.

The weather here is beautiful! It is supposed to reach the mid-80's today, making it hard to believe it was snowing just 2 weeks ago. But as is typical with Chicago weather, we go right from winter to summer! It sure is hard to be at work today...

I had a good weekend. I went to my ww meeting and lost another 0.6. Not a lot, but that makes 7.8 over the past 3 weeks. I went to Ikea after that and bought a TON of stuff. I can't wait until it is delivered on Wednesday! I hung out with some friends on Saturday night and drank plenty of lemon and apple martinis! That about sums up my weekend!

I hope people come out of hiding so I have someone to talk to...
Old 04-15-2002, 12:08 PM   #4  

Good morning Jess and Jen!!!

I know exactly how you feel about weekends. They are wonderful when they get here, then they are over in a flash, now back to a new week.

It is beautiful here too. Low 80's today, hard to work!!

I had WI this morning and lost 4 pounds. I guess staying OP all week and exercising 5 days worked in my favor!!!

I have 8 pounds to go to get to goal. I know I can do it!!!!

I am starting to spring clean my house. Just packed away the kids' winter clothes last night and put their summer clothes in their closets. Now, I need to go thru all of DH clothes and send them to Saint Vincent's. I went to Kohl's on Fri. and spent a gob of money and got him an all new spring/summer wardrobe. He is going to look great!!

I still have to go thru the storage room downstairs, the toys downstairs, and my closet before my garage sale May 18th. When we move into our new house in Sept. I am not hauling all this stuff with me. It will be gone!!!

Well, I better get some work done, it is almost lunchtime. Need to go to the bank, mail bills, get milk and walk the dog, and I only have an hour!!!

Talk to you girls later!!!
Old 04-15-2002, 12:39 PM   #5  
A Yankee in Virginia

Talk about weekends! Mine was pretty awful. It started Friday evening with a phone call that my BF had been in a car accident. Thankfully, he was OK, but badly bruised his hip and some ribs and can't walk well at the moment. His car was totaled (hit on the driver's side by a mini-van), and everyone says it's amazing he wasn't seriously injured. Still, we spent about three hours in the ER, then I had to fill his prescriptions. Then, I had to get up with him during the night whenever he had to get up, to wheel him around in our computer chair. He can walk a little now, but is still in pain. And now he has to deal with getting a new car very soon.

So, the weekend turned out to be a bust. We missed a party Friday night we were going to, and he couldn't do much the entire weekend. Sunday I had to work starting at 7 a.m., which, of course, sucked. Then I got stopped for speeding on the way back from my assignment, but fortunately the cop let me off with a warning when he found out I was a reporter and gave me a story idea.

It's all enough to make a girl want to eat! Today I'm going to try AGAIN to get back on track. We'll see!
Old 04-15-2002, 01:54 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Default Bad weekends are contageous

I had a bad weekend life wise so needless to say I wasn't OP..... I had to put my dog to sleep So that was really sad. He was 14 years old so he was old, but regardless, my mom and I had to give the vet permission to euthenize him. We keep wondering if we made the right decision, but the poor old boy was having seizure after seizure and even with treatment he probably could never live a normal life again (and there was a strong chance he would not have made it through treatment). My other doggie keeps looking for Sledge, and has been moping all weekend too....

I know, I shouldn't let stress cause me to eat, but I am doing better than I used to (pre-WW).. At least I have kept up the exercise. Oh and I got a speeding ticket today

Also my parents' have decided to move to Ottawa in a few years, weird eh!

See y'all, sorry I did not give any individual responses

Ali
Old 04-15-2002, 02:29 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Well, I just wrote a huge note and its lost...I hate that, I resized the window.

WEll I got the job - a permanent, fulltime position in my field (YAY ME!!) I start next Monday. And I faced the thing with mom and dad and its all going to work out, after a bit of sterss i think, but it will nonetheless, so PHEW.

Ali - I am so sorry about your puppy - I have totally been there and I still wonder sometimes, but its for the best. My thoughts are with you and your other puppy too!! REmember that is the humane thing to do....

Kim - I am glad b/f is okay!! that's a close call!! he was seriously lucky you know...keep us posted on his progress!!

Jess - I am with you on your bad weekend. I was at 60pts on Saturday...yup, it was bad. Very very bad. BUT its over, and you need ot remember you worked out and everything!! I am proud of you for that.

Jen - woo hoo on your loss, that is great!!

Tonya - only 8 to goal, wow you must be super pumped!!

Well, I better get back to work, as I have LOTS to clean up before I leave here...I am looking so forward to my new job. Its in communications/community relations at an oil company up here (based out of the US actually).

Hi to Lolly (Cartwright the hamster is doing good, how is Buffy?), Kirsty, Jen, Rina, Trish et al.

Belle
Old 04-15-2002, 03:00 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls i had a good weekend but im having a CRAPTASTic monday
my exams start in 14 days tommorrow
and im ahving anxiety dreams and eating like a trooper
anyway bbiab
Old 04-15-2002, 03:12 PM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi All -

I'm with those of you who are having a hard time getting into the swing of things at work on Monday's. Today is especially difficult - the weather is in the 80s and I want nothing more than to be at home working in the yard.

Congrats to Jen and Tonya on their losses - way to go!

Jess - There isn't anything you can do to change the past so I'd forget about any poor eating from the weekend and concentrate on what you can do this week to meet your goals.

Kim - sorry to hear of the scare with your bf this weekend - glad that he's O.K.

Ali - how sad about your dog - having to make that type of decision is so hard - I'm sure you did the right thing.

Belle - conratulations on the new job - how exciting!

Spent my weekend trying to figure out how I'm going to landscape my yard. I built (or rather had built) a house last fall and am now left with the challenge of putting in a lawn and landscaping. I've never done this before and am finding it all a little overwhelming. On a brighter note, I took advantage of the sale at Kohl's - not only did I end up with a bunch of cheap new shirts for work but they were all 2 sizes smaller than the last time I bought a shirt.

Must get back to the salt mines.

Later,

Winter
Old 04-15-2002, 04:42 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Ali: I'm so sorry about your dog, but I'm sure you did the right thing for him. I went through the same thing with a dog about 7 years ago. She had been having seizures, too, and the vet suspected a brain tumor.

Just remember: He's running with the puppies now!
Old 04-15-2002, 04:59 PM   #11  

Angry

Anyone have ideas for how many points dinner will be?

Tuna casserole

tuna (packed in spring water)
low fat cream of mush soup
egg noodles (regular)
WOW potato chips (sprinkled on top)
peas

I was thinking it may be 6-7 points a serving, but maybe that isn't enough???

What do you guys think?
Old 04-15-2002, 07:07 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Finally something good happens, I aced my exam I had on Friday so I don't need to take the optional final (I leave that course with an A+). So that just means I have 2 exams!!

Kim: I hope your BF is okay, send him my regards... Can you believe we both got stopped this weekend by the cops, weird. Thanks for the condolances, It's tough losing a pet. Well the vet wasn't sure what he had, but he was in a terrible way, he was not eating and throwing up blood, she knew it was most likely a brain tumour or him having a series of strokes. We had him since the day he was born, his mom was our dog too (she died at the age of almost 14).

Belle: Thanks, it was tough and I know it would have been cruel to keep him alive, he wouldn't have understood what was going on and chances are he would have died within the week anyway. In fact the vet told us we did the right thing, still one has doubts when it comes to life and death.

Wintergirl: Yeah the weather is beautiful here too, though its cloudy now, but I went for a run this morning which was really nice! Welcome BTW and thanks for the condolances.

Kierie: I am trying to stay OP right now, but it is so hard, except for last year my way of dealing with exam stress was to fill up one sweets.... I have been indulging way too much this year, and with my doggie dying I really needed lots of chocolate this past weekend, I know bad excuse, but I was really upset and drained.

Jen: Congrats! I admire your dedication, I used to have it in droves, but lately it has been coming in waves, luckily I usually lose my appetite in the summer and lose weight anyway. I am walking more and being outside a lot, hopefully that helps. I just need to get back into the 140s.

Jess: Being on track with the exercise is important so congrats and your Sat didn't sound too bad.. We all have days like those.

Take Care!

Ali
Closed Thread