20-Somethings - Your true weight??

View Full Version : Your true weight??

kimberlyw
10-06-2008, 05:18 PM
To get your true weight do you weigh yourself at a specific time of day, with or with out shoes/clothes?? I am just curious if I am weighing myself right ;) Thanks!

princess2323
10-06-2008, 05:32 PM
hmmm---my guess would be to weigh yourself at the same time each day--- without shoes

leighish
10-06-2008, 05:32 PM
first thing in the morning AFTER using the restroom, usually wearing as little as possible

stacylambert
10-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Doesn't matter how, just make sure you do it the same way each time. I get weighed in the morning after peeing and before eating. Once in awhile I take a peak later in the day and have seen it go up as much as 3 pounds.

kimberlyw
10-06-2008, 05:49 PM
So there is no right or wrong way as long as you do it the same way, same time every day right? Okay - I did mine at the end of the day before bed with all my clothes but no shoes.

Shannon in ATL
10-06-2008, 05:51 PM
As long as you are consistent with time and dress it doesn't matter when. I weigh in the morning after I pee, before I do anything else, with no clothes. Of course tomorrow I get weighed at the doctor's office after bath and probably some water with clothes on, so that will be rough...

Glory87
10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Get up, pee, strip, weigh.

MadelinRose
10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
If you choose to weight yourself mid-day accounting for about the same amount of food and liquid in your stomach every day, that's fine, but remember caffeine can add a pound or two, so if you've had a latte on a specific day and weigh yourself, it may skew up.

I think morning is the best time; then you don't have to worry about whether that sandwich or that Diet Coke making the scale lie.

- Madelin

mermaid20
10-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Every morning, right after waking up, after you pee, without clothes.

JellyBean32882
10-06-2008, 06:39 PM
I weigh after I've gotten up in the morn and pee'd.. then weigh with no clothes on.. that's your true weight.

yoyoma
10-06-2008, 06:41 PM
The lowest and most consistent numbers are after you wake up and go to the bathroom, without clothes. That's what I do.

Even so, you might experience a lot of daily fluctuation. A few pounds up or down is normal for me.

kelly315
10-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Early morning schedule... get up, pee, weigh myself (naked) and make oatmeal. Its so hard later in the day to make numbers consistent (eg the weight of your clothes, food/drink, etc)

ghost
10-06-2008, 06:58 PM
wake, strip, pee, weigh, shower, coffee, go to work. My daily routine.

jahjah1223
10-06-2008, 07:10 PM
I weigh myself once a week usually on the same time after i use the bathroom in the morning .

LandonsBaby
10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Get up, pee, strip, weigh.

I find this works best. No interference from clothing, what you ate that day, water weight, blah blah blah.

kimberlyw
10-06-2008, 08:53 PM
I guess I will start that tomorrow too then! Maybe it will give me an ego boost if I weigh less already just from changing the time of day LOL!

jahjah1223
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Trust me it does :-)

greycella
10-06-2008, 10:37 PM
It's interesting that you all pretty much do it the same way, and at the same time. I only weigh myself once a week- and I have to do it at the end of my day because I don't keep a scale at my house and b/c of my work schedule can't hit the gym until almost 8 at night! I wonder if I'm getting an inaccurate reading.

SwimGirl
10-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I do the same thing as you all seem to do. I am curious though, if I get very little sleep I seem to weigh about 3-5 pounds MORE! Does that seem odd? I try not to weigh myself unless I get a good nights sleep.. lol.. Such a WI routine!

-Aimee

xYourBelleMortex
10-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Get up, put the coffee on, strip, pee, weigh, dress, sip coffee, #2, weigh naked, rejoice.

haha.

JulieJ08
10-06-2008, 11:59 PM
but remember caffeine can add a pound or two, so if you've had a latte on a specific day and weigh yourself, it may skew up.

It's debated whether or not coffee should count as water intake, due to it's diuretic effect (whether it actually causes a net LOSS of water). But I've sure never heard that caffeine adds weight.

xYourBelleMortex
10-07-2008, 12:06 AM
It's debated whether or not coffee should count as water intake, due to it's diuretic effect (whether it actually causes a net LOSS of water). But I've sure never heard that caffeine adds weight.

Neither have I... does anyone have an article that goes with this... i drink sooo much coffee.... and if true I would love to read about it.

kaplods
10-07-2008, 12:07 AM
A few years ago, I decided to weigh at least twice a day for a couple months to understand my weight fluctuations. I wrote the weight down every morning (naked after potty, before breakfast) and every night before bed (naked after potty), and sometimes after meals.

It really made me understand how my weight fluctuates and desensitized me to the scale. It might not work for everyone, but I got over my fear/hatred of the scale this way (the scale is not my enemy, it's just a tool).

Now, I weigh daily in the morning and write it down, but I only "count" my Monday weigh-in as my "official" weight for the week.

JulieJ08
10-07-2008, 12:10 AM
I do the same thing as you all seem to do. I am curious though, if I get very little sleep I seem to weigh about 3-5 pounds MORE! Does that seem odd? I try not to weigh myself unless I get a good nights sleep.. lol.. Such a WI routine!

-Aimee

Stress hormones cause water retention. Plus when you're lying in bed, you get more blood to your kidneys (your legs are horizontal instead of vertical), which also favors making more pee.

jmfan317
10-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I get up in the morning and weigh myself after using the bathroom in my pj top and underwear. At the end of each month.

Smiling_Sara
10-07-2008, 01:05 AM
I usually weight myself a few times a day, in various stages of clothing and eating. Yeah, prob not the most healthy, but it's kinda fun to see how much weight I gain from the am to when I get home from work with 10 glasses of water and lunch in me.

xYourBelleMortex
10-07-2008, 01:31 AM
A few years ago, I decided to weigh at least twice a day for a couple months to understand my weight fluctuations. I wrote the weight down every morning (naked after potty, before breakfast) and every night before bed (naked after potty), and sometimes after meals.

It really made me understand how my weight fluctuates and desensitized me to the scale. It might not work for everyone, but I got over my fear/hatred of the scale this way (the scale is not my enemy, it's just a tool).

Now, I weigh daily in the morning and write it down, but I only "count" my Monday weigh-in as my "official" weight for the week.

See, this is exactly why I do it. I found myself, during my previous diet, losing my mind over what the scale said. Now, i just make it so that it doesn't even phase me. The small joys are when you step on the scale midday and it is your lower weight a few days before. I made it like a dorky little game.

sh3l5
10-07-2008, 03:05 AM
i weigh in my underwear....
quater past 7 on the dot everyday....
after ive got up, and peed, and eaten breakfast....
mebbe i shud do it before i eat i duno....

kimberlyw
10-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Okay I weighed this morning after peeing before eating or drinking and it said 155.8 lbs!!!! What an ego boost! I definately like this way better LOL!

Shannon in ATL
10-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Yay kimberly!!

I weighed this morning in my normal pattern, got 122.0, thene got weighed at the doctors office an hour and a half later (during which I had nothing no water no nothing) and weighed 125.6 with clothes on...

I'm going to weigh again tomorrow morning to make myself feel better... :)

raw23
10-07-2008, 02:33 PM
i weigh in my underwear....
quater past 7 on the dot everyday....
after ive got up, and peed, and eaten breakfast....
mebbe i shud do it before i eat i duno....

Yes. Your weighing yourself AND the food you just ate. If you ate a 2lb meal, you'll weigh 2lb more. It hasn't had time to digest, so it's just like if you stood on scale holding your food.

bargoo
10-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Do not be upset about the doctor's scale. It is the amoint of weight lost that counts. I do get weighed at doctor's office and they also measure my height and that varies on their own measurements by 2 inches.
For my personal record keeiping, weigh every day , first thing in AM, after bathroom break and nude.

platnumjo
10-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Yup, ditto on almost everybody here. I get up, pee, weigh, then brush my teeth. One time I weighed, then brushed, and weighed again and I weighed half a pound more after brushing my teeth?!?! Don't ask me how that works, I don't swallow the toothpaste!

gatorgirl6
10-07-2008, 02:50 PM
and if you did swallow the toothpaste it would mean swallowing half a pound of toothpaste. ICK!

sh3l5
10-07-2008, 02:53 PM
ok 2mora morning, is get up, pee then weigh!....
lets see the difference it makes....

Susie Derkins
10-07-2008, 11:06 PM
I weigh first thing in the morning after peeing, before coffee and breakfast, and while nekkid. Seems to give the most consistent reading. I try not to weigh in the evening cause it gets depressing. :halfempty

misserica3
10-07-2008, 11:11 PM
I always weigh myself in the morning after going to the bathroom.. usually still wearin' the pjs.

gatorgirl6
10-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Anyone try it this morning to see if it made a difference?

sh3l5
10-08-2008, 03:18 AM
i was dead on 130lbs this morning....
i know my ticker isnt quite accurate yet....
i put weight on last week while i was ill....
and am hoping it slides down quick enuf again so i dunt need to change it!....
Tis only 1lb out now....

:)

staja
10-08-2008, 09:38 AM
At home, I do the same everyone else does, with the AM, post-pee, naked scale check. I also sometimes check during the day, to see fluctuations, because sometimes it's funny to see my weight go up after drinking 2 liters of water and eating!

However, my Weight Watchers official weigh-in is generally on Monday nights between 6:00 - 6:30. I always try to wear "lighter" clothing on Mondays (In my head, skirts weigh less!) and I don't drink or eat after 3:00PM, until I actually get weighed. Then I get to eat a snack from home and a huge, unsweetened iced tea from Dunkin' Donuts.

I have sometimes weighed in on Friday mornings, before breakfast, but it was too much hassle - I really like the Monday meetings better, so my "true weight" may be lower than my posted weight.

bargoo
10-09-2008, 01:14 AM
Besides weighing with out clothes be sure to take contacts out, remove dentures and hearing aid, spit out gum, remove makeup and false eyelashes, remove nail polish, be sure there is no hair spray and mousse in your hair,exhale, now you are ready to weigh.

sh3l5
10-09-2008, 03:07 AM
my scales are possessed they wont budge past 130kbs this week!....

BeautyandtheBeast
10-09-2008, 04:15 AM
The minute I get up in the morning, I use the loo, strip down naked and weigh myself.

JulieJ08
10-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Besides weighing with out clothes be sure to take contacts out, remove dentures and hearing aid, spit out gum, remove makeup and false eyelashes, remove nail polish, be sure there is no hair spray and mousse in your hair,exhale, now you are ready to weigh.

Don't forget to shave and brush out all your loose hair (a lot, for some of us :o). Pumice stone to to feet might have even more yield. Loofah everything, and wax those eyebrows. :)