20-Somethings - *** Weekly Chat Oct 6 Ė 12 ***

View Full Version : *** Weekly Chat Oct 6 Ė 12 ***

RememberHowToSmile
10-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey everyone,
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I havenít read whats been going on since I left for my trip (no internet or should I say Iím too cheap to buy internet there). I had a great time in San Diego over the weekend. Lots of networking, I seemed to make a really good impression on everyone I met. Plus I had a ton of fun, itís a great area to be in, my friends came to visit. I had lots of free time to explore and walk (I didnít hit the gym but I think I walked like 5 miles one day and 10 the next around the city). Itís funny that walking that much doesnít even phase me now whereas my friends were exhausted. We celebrated my birthday which is really Wednesday but I obviously will not see them because they are back in Phoenix and Iím in Michigan. But I never managed to get off east coast time so when we were at the bar after dinner I was exhausted and at like we called it an early night.

How was everyone elses weekend?

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Good morning! I woke up this morning a little tired, but I'm good. I had a great weekend. I just chilled. I don't know what my deal was, but I ate under calories and exercised more than normal. But TOM came so I'm up on the scale, but it's ok.

At work, it's so funny. The question I'm asked when I went into the shop was how my weekend was and what are my plans this weekend. I was like it's Monday I have no idea. So a parentally I've been invited to this birthday party this weekend but I don't know think it would be a good idea for me to go.

I may be coming to terms with the idea that I may be in the 280's forever but maybe a size 12. lol I keep losing inches but no weight. I mean this is getting crazy. 4 pounds in 3 months?

caligirl98
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm only working three days this week...woohooo! Took my birthday off so I can spend all day in the braid shop...LOL! oh well, at least I'll be looking flyy (that's right, I said flyy) for our night out on Saturday. I'mma get a little tipsy and shake what my mama (and french fries and milky ways) gave me.

I had the kind of weekend that i would have missed if I blinked...that freaking quick. I'm sure that Friday afternoon was like three minutes ago. I didn't eat too much...cereal and a grilled chicken sandwich (with fries) on Saturday and brunch on Sunday...didn't work out either. So for the next three days, I'm going to really good...I refuse to feel guilty about that pizza I'm having on my b-day when I haven't had good pizza in 4 freaking years (my 21st birthday when I set about this life style change)

I'm looking forward to Thursday...I have a 7am appointment, and I had to beg my mom for a ride since there is no parking downtown, but I'm looking forward to sitting in that chair for 8 some odd hours getting my hair done and losing myself in 19th century England.

caseygail21
10-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey Ladies, I hope everyone had a good weekend. I didn't get on here much. I read the first Twilight book this weekend and I can not wait to get started on the second one! Yep, I'm totally addicted.

I did ok food wise this weekend, I went a little overboard Friday night, but it wasn't anything I felt too guilty about. I worked out everyday, except for yesterday, Sundays are usully my day off. I feel like I actually have control again, and that feels great. I hate that out of control feeling.

I'm going to do a lot of cleaning today, and take a long walk outside. The weather is beautiful! I wish it was like this all year.

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Casey- I'm so jealous! I miss the Arkansas weather in the fall. It's so nice. Don't get me wrong it's nice in CA, but there's something about AR weather that I miss.

leighish
10-06-2008, 01:06 PM
my weekend wasn't terrible. Friday night we went out for tex-mex but DH and I split a plate (about 60/40) so it wasn't that bad. Saturday night my mother in law made us some quesadillas but I only had 2 small ones. I didn't gain any weight this weekend, but I didn't lose any either. Small victory I suppose. This morning I had to call in to work because my mother in law is sick and I couldn't make alternate arrangements for childcare. I really hate that :headache: I feel terrible for leaving them in a lurch like that.

caseygail21
10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Casey- I'm so jealous! I miss the Arkansas weather in the fall. It's so nice. Don't get me wrong it's nice in CA, but there's something about AR weather that I miss.

I know, it is beautiful. The air is just clear and fresh (as apposed to the 80% humidity we grew accustomed to this summer). Fall is definitely my favorite season.

beaka
10-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Hey ladies! I'm getting more into using the site. It really is a big help to me. Saturday I walked 3 miles, and Sunday I walked 2. I also got on the bike for 10 min and did some strength trainingw/my arms. In retospect, two days of powerwalking in a row were probably NOT the best idea. Ah well, another lesson learned.

At work today it was someone's birthday, so there were a lot of sweets. I managed to have just 2 doughnut holes. It was crazy. I actually felt pressured. I had a good breakfast and really had no desire for sweets, but you don't want to seem like the anti-social food psycho. And as we speak, I'm having a Wendy's chicken grill for lunch. There was a mishap with my bowl melting in the microwave, so I lost my healthy lunch. I guess I'm still not doing too bad.

caligirl98
10-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Beaka, I'm always the anti social food psycho. You get used to it. I did a lot of temp work back in 2006 where I was working in these office type settings with lots of people with birthdays every freaking day and even when I'm not 'dieting', I don't eat cake or ice cream. Or there is unlimited soda somewhere or an assortment of bagels. So they'd offer and I'd decline and I get that look...you know the look. The one that says, "You know you want it" or "Yeah, you need to turn it down." I've been at this place for two years and folks know not to bring me anything unless I specifically ask for it.

ghost
10-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Good morning! I woke up this morning a little tired, but I'm good. I had a great weekend. I just chilled. I don't know what my deal was, but I ate under calories and exercised more than normal. But TOM came so I'm up on the scale, but it's ok.

At work, it's so funny. The question I'm asked when I went into the shop was how my weekend was and what are my plans this weekend. I was like it's Monday I have no idea. So a parentally I've been invited to this birthday party this weekend but I don't know think it would be a good idea for me to go.

I may be coming to terms with the idea that I may be in the 280's forever but maybe a size 12. lol I keep losing inches but no weight. I mean this is getting crazy. 4 pounds in 3 months?

Just say no to little kid birthday parties! They are chaotic, and the food is usually loaded with fat and sugar. Don't feel bad about not losing on the scale, I've been stagnating and gaining and losing the same three lbs for two weeks now, but I look thinner and I'm wearing a size 12 jeans today.

I'm only working three days this week...woohooo! Took my birthday off so I can spend all day in the braid shop...LOL! oh well, at least I'll be looking flyy (that's right, I said flyy) for our night out on Saturday. I'mma get a little tipsy and shake what my mama (and french fries and milky ways) gave me.

I had the kind of weekend that i would have missed if I blinked...that freaking quick. I'm sure that Friday afternoon was like three minutes ago. I didn't eat too much...cereal and a grilled chicken sandwich (with fries) on Saturday and brunch on Sunday...didn't work out either. So for the next three days, I'm going to really good...I refuse to feel guilty about that pizza I'm having on my b-day when I haven't had good pizza in 4 freaking years (my 21st birthday when I set about this life style change)

I'm looking forward to Thursday...I have a 7am appointment, and I had to beg my mom for a ride since there is no parking downtown, but I'm looking forward to sitting in that chair for 8 some odd hours getting my hair done and losing myself in 19th century England.

Nice, I love taking a "spa day" and getting my hair, mani-pedi, and facial.

my weekend wasn't terrible. Friday night we went out for tex-mex but DH and I split a plate (about 60/40) so it wasn't that bad. Saturday night my mother in law made us some quesadillas but I only had 2 small ones. I didn't gain any weight this weekend, but I didn't lose any either. Small victory I suppose. This morning I had to call in to work because my mother in law is sick and I couldn't make alternate arrangements for childcare. I really hate that :headache: I feel terrible for leaving them in a lurch like that.

I'm having babysitter drama too. I don't know what I would do without my friends, who never fail to pick up the slack when something goes wrong. I'll be paying for it next weekend though when I have a housefull of kids to watch while the mommies have a night out.

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Well, the party is a grown up party. But I still don't think it's a good idea. I work in the office and they're out in the plant. I don't know him and people love to talk. I would hate to have something going around and then I'd have to bust some heads and get fired. :)

ghost
10-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Well, the party is a grown up party. But I still don't think it's a good idea. I work in the office and they're out in the plant. I don't know him and people love to talk. I would hate to have something going around and then I'd have to bust some heads and get fired. :)

Ya, you don't wanna be doing any head bustin'. 'Cause I'm pretty sure thats frowned on in most work places.

leighish
10-06-2008, 04:28 PM
I would say its frowned on in my workplace but some days I'm not so sure....

gosh, the BMI scale really is a big pile of crap, isn't it? It tells me that for my height I could go down to 128lbs before being considered underweight. Chicks, do me a favour, if I ever feel compelled to get to 140lbs or lower, please smack me across the forehead? If you look at the photos linked in my signature, you can see why I don't think getting to 140lbs or lower is a good plan. The good news is that according to the BMI to be in the healthy range at all I just need to add 6 more lbs to my ultimate goal. haha. I think even that is pushing it but I guess I won't know until I get there. Also, according to the BMI I was obese 2lbs ago. Hmm. Yeah.

BellaHTH
10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone! I survived another weekend and I'm happy about that. Saturday went to see Nights in Rodanthe with my mom and her friend Abby. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who wants to go see it but let's just say it had a part I KNEW my mom wouldn't like, and since I didn't do proper research, I didn't know it was going to happy and she was teasingly po'ed. And then yesterday me and my pa put new windows and a patio door in my house. My bro was supposed to help but he never showed and didn't call. I was getting worried, but found out he talked to my mom and just made up some excused. I guess I'm just really disheartened and sad about that, because that has never been our relationship. Oh well, whatever... Oh, and the best part of the weekend (she says with sarcasm) is I get to get my car fixed and drop a load of money in that -- heat to work for the winter and all... For the most part the car has been descent so I'm not that upset, and I know it's getting up there in miles so, I'll just have to deal. So, a descent weekend!

RemeberHowToSmile -- I'm so happy you had fun on your trip!! And seeing friends is always such a treat, especially those you don't see very often.

Here we go again -- Haha, sometimes I wonder that about me too. It totally doesn't make sense to me how the number doesn't match the inches. I'm beginning to think that scales are somehow tied with optical illusions.... Yeah, and don't bust some heads and get fired, that would probably ruin your week!

caligirl98 -- Flyy, reminds me of In living color, with the fly girls... haha, ahh memories! A day of hair pampering sounds like a good way to spend the day!

caseygail21 -- ahh Twilight, I just read the second book again for the I dunno what time. I appreciate it more and more each time I read it. Oh, and you reminded me I need to do some cleaning as well, it's like my eyes have gotten used to the mess!

beaka -- Office birthday's are the worst, especially if it feels like an obligation to eat whatever they brought (sometimes I lie and say I already did... to avoid any of those "looks"). Luckily I work in an office now with a woman who will eat anything left out, so I don't have to worry about the food for long... haha

ghost -- Size 12 jeans, awesome!!

leighish -- BMI or recommended weight charts are so general that it doesn't take into account all the factors. Ahh, blagh, that's what I say!

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Ya, you don't wanna be doing any head bustin'. 'Cause I'm pretty sure thats frowned on in most work places.

lol Well it is a family owned business. I'm the only non family member in the office. I'm sure I could get away with some of it, b/c I have threatened violence before. :)

I just know how some guys are. You go out just as friends and all of the sudden they like or there's a rumor that you like them. I'm just not in the mood for that. It's bad enough that when I go out to the production floor I get the winks and looks from the guys, don't need the rumor mill a circulating. It just stinks, b/c I get lonely in CA. I know people but everyone's busy and I miss going out with my friends and having fun.

i am still trying
10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
casey- I am in the middle of Twilight.I love it!!

Chele615
10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I was away all weekend and had so much fun!! My friend from high school got married this weekend up on the NH/Maine border. It was great to see friends from high school and my friend was absolutely gorgeous and glowing all day :) I tried to do the best I could with food, but we all know parties and weddings aren't the healthiest places to be...haha.

We even stayed in a local inn that is over 200 years old and, as we found out when we got there, is apparently haunted. Great ;) We had a creepy thing happen Saturday night where we thought my friend was having trouble unlocking the door to the bathroom because I woke up to the door banging. Yeah, next morning we found out that my friend did not get up to go to the bathroom during the night. Freaky!

Taylor86
10-06-2008, 06:01 PM
It is my first day back in the game and I feel great.

The only thing is I upped my calories to 1.600 because at 1.300 I felt AWESOME but my body was not getting the food it needed and I had a huge urge to binge. Now my first day at 1.600 and I am only at 1.265 calories for the day *sigh*

Herewego I know you upped your calories...did it feel funny when you first did it? What foods did you re-introduce into your diet...if any..?

I just wish I could settle into the point where this isn't a DIET it's a LIFESTYLE. Eating the foods I enjoy with in moderation and the "bad stuff" once in a while. I shouldn't completely stop living and enjoying food....where is the line? Has anyone found the line yet?

Other than that...I am making a goal for myself not to eat out for 10 days. 10 whole days without Subway, Wendy's, resturants or take-home pizza. Anyone wanna join me?

Hope you all had a good monday!

Remember I am glad you liked your trip! It is so pretty there.

Herewego I usually only do inches. I have a muscular body anyway so it is pointless to weight myself. Didn't you also recently go down in pant sizes? Yay! :carrot: I am also gonna give you a hug because I don't think I have hugged you lately... :hug:

Caligirl I bet you ate FLYY. You go girl. I love getting my hair "did"!!

beaka:wel3fc: Hi there! I am glad you finally said hi! This is a great site and I am sure you will 'gain' a lot from it! (Ok, bad pun - I know) I hate office parties. They give you this piece of cake of whatever on this tiny paper plate with a plastic fork and expect you to eat it....and it doesn't even end up tasting that great anyway because you end up with the end piece with a huge blob of icing (I am not a fan of icing but ALWAYS end up with it...)

ghost Size 12???? Now that deserves a dancing carrot! :carrot:

leighish I hate the BMI chart...."Normal" who the **** is 'normal' anyway? I wouldn't pay much attention to them...

Bella Sounded like you had one heck of a weekend. I wanted to take my boyfriend to see that movie...but he said no. I guess there is a girls night in the future for me!

Che Good thing I wasn't there! I am a huge sucker for anything "haunted" or "scary ":ghost:..... I love the show "Ghost Hunters!" but I can't be home alone when I watch it cause I get scared. Congrats to your friend!

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Taylor- Thanks girl I needed a hug. Yes, I did go down in pant sizes. That's why I'm preparing myself to be in the 280's for awhile, but maybe be a size 12 eventually, I'm a true 18 now, although I have a few things that are 14 and that are L's, I'm a true 18.

Yes, I did up my calories. I originally around 1500. I upped my calories to 2200. I found myself eating not junk but not as good stuff for me. So, I'm at 1800-2000 and I am eating healthy. I started eating more healthy fats, like Trio bars, cliff bars, zone bar and fiber one bars. Not all at the same time but I eat at least one a day, whichever one I'm in the mood for. The main thing that I've put into my diet more than before was healthy grains and healthy carbs. I hope that helps. I have no means perfected this at all, but I will keep playing around with my calories until I start losing. The good thing is I can tell I'm a lot more muscular and I've lost 1 1/2% of total body fat which makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :) You have to do what's best for you. I wish there was a guide to tell me about my body, but there's not.

HeatherMcG
10-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Regular Chatty Cathy's aren't we ladies?? :)

Weekend was pretty good. It was filled with a lot of maxin and relaxin. I hurt my back on Wednesday of last week. I spent all night, Thursday, and until Friday afternoon moping around hunched over like a granny! ;) Luckily, Friday afternoon I had a magical massage and things are slowly getting better. That's basically why I took it easy this weekend.

Friday, Hubby and I went to Hacienda. MMMMMMM it was scrumptious! We had an appetizer and an entree. We split it of course! It was more of a 60/40 thing because I didn't need that many calories and hubby did.

Here We Go- No physical violence! Don't make me fly to CA to bail you out!

So 2 days no exercise and a night out and I weighed in at 265. Luckily, things could have been a lot worse. It was a 1 pound loss! :broc:
Taylor- How's the play coming?

Taylor86
10-06-2008, 06:22 PM
herewego I totally hear what you are saying. I wish my body came with an instruction book so I would know what it wants. I think my problem is either I am "ON A DIET" or "Going Crazy"....there just doesn't seem to be a middle of the road for me. Maybe I will find it since I upped my calories.... Oh, and I an 18 too. Red 3 in Lane Bryant lingo...

B]Heather[/B] We had our first read thru last thursday. My rehearsals don't start until tuesdays, though because my character is featured on act 2. It's gonna be a good show. Yay on your one pound loss! W00T!

JellyBean32882
10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Well the past few days I've had abdominal cramping and gas (I know, TMI) but it sucks.. food has been just going right through me, I thought food took time to digest? lol

Anyway, off to vacuum downstairs, that outta cool my cramps for awhile.

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Taylor- I understand what you mean. That's why 2200 calories for me was too much. I was kinda eating what I wanted just b/c it was in my calories. Not good. :) All my lfie, I've been an all or nothing person, maybe we can learn how to be balanced together.

Heather- I promise to use violence only when I really need to. I'll just resort to threats for now. :)

caligirl98
10-06-2008, 06:45 PM
mutha :censored: got :censored: son of a :censored:!!!!!

Why did my TOM come a freakin week early???!?!??? I've been here for hours trying to figure out why my stomach was hurting. I can't believe this mess...I have freaking plans for this week that did not include cramps...

where is my motrin...

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 06:46 PM
mutha :censored: got :censored: son of a :censored:!!!!!

Why did my TOM come a freakin week early???!?!??? I've been here for hours trying to figure out why my stomach was hurting. I can't believe this mess...I have freaking plans for this week that did not include cramps...

where is my motrin...

Mine came yesterday. I think we're getting in an online cycle. lol Hopefully it will be gone by this weekend. :hug:

ghost
10-06-2008, 06:53 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with mondays. Being on plan is so much easier during the work week, yet, its 2pm here and nobody has let me leave for a lunch break yet so all I've had is a cup of coffee and a cup of tea so far today, and I'M STARVING! I've been up since before 7am, I just want to eat my freakin lunch!

UrsusMaritimus
10-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Taylor, when you find that line, let me know.

My weekend was nice, very chilled out. My BF is in Switzerland, so I have our tiny basement studio to myself for a few days, which is kind of nice. Yesterday was the first day I've managed to stay OP in a long while - very happy about that.

I'm worried, though, because my mom is coming to visit. She'll be here Wednesday-Tuesday, and we'll likely be going out for dinner every night. She's knows I'm trying to lose weight and will be supportive, but I don't want to drag her to my "safe" restaurants every singe night. I share a small kitchen with 13 other people who cook a group dinner every night (I have no control over the ingredients, so I rarely eat with them), so staying in and cooking up something yummy isn't really an option either.

Does anyone have suggestions for restaurants that are easy for calorie counters to navigate?

HeatherMcG
10-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Speaking in general terms here:

I think some of us really don't understand the power of friendship on this here forum. I consider some on here as my closest friends.....and I have never even met them! They are the only ones who know my deep, dark WL secrets. I communicate with them daily which is more than I do with my own family

So, I just wanted to put out there that this place is more than a forum, its a family. This topic has been on my mind for a while. People who aren't on here can't possibly figure out why we pour our hearts and souls out to strangers. But, I know why. It is because we have been there, we want the best for each other, and we want nothing more than to see others succeed.

Thanks to all who read my rants and celebrate my losses. Thanks to those who lurk quietly and pop in with helpful info. Thanks to everyone who makes this place what it is. God brought me here for a reason. I would have never tried to lose again without you!

I'm not sure why I suddenly got so heartfelt. Just wanted to get it off my chest!:)

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Speaking in general terms here:

I think some of us really don't understand the power of friendship on this here forum. I consider some on here as my closest friends.....and I have never even met them! They are the only ones who know my deep, dark WL secrets. I communicate with them daily which is more than I do with my own family

So, I just wanted to put out there that this place is more than a forum, its a family. This topic has been on my mind for a while. People who aren't on here can't possibly figure out why we pour our hearts and souls out to strangers. But, I know why. It is because we have been there, we want the best for each other, and we want nothing more than to see others succeed.

Thanks to all who read my rants and celebrate my losses. Thanks to those who lurk quietly and pop in with helpful info. Thanks to everyone who makes this place what it is. God brought me here for a reason. I would have never tried to lose again without you!

I'm not sure why I suddenly got so heartfelt. Just wanted to get it off my chest!:)

I totally agree! Ditto to everything you said. It is like a family here. Even when I want to give up, people on here won't let me. I love you all!

ghost
10-06-2008, 09:13 PM
ya, thats right, I'm not letting no one give up. You can take a break however. I love you girls too! Who else would I trust with this obsessive compulsive dieting behavior? At least ya'll tell me if I'm out of control and need to reign it in.

BellaHTH
10-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Taylor86 -- I'm not sure I recommend the movie. I mean, it was good, I love Diane Lane and Richard Gere for sure... And it was DEFINITELY a chic-flick all the way. And the scenery was AMAZING!!! But there were some parts that were WAAAAYYYY over the top and I started laughing (when other people were, ummm, let's say "not laughing"). Very Nicholas Sparks kinda story...

Blcarter84
10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
TAYLOr- I willl totallly join in the no eating out for 10 days!! I really can't spare the extra money it costs and my TOM is coming up.

So today is my day off from work and I didn't work out butI did walk a lot. I just dont consider that excercise I guess lol. I made some ambrosia today which is not exactly super healthy but I made it the lite way so it wasn't totally bad. I know my TOM is coming any day now and I can feel it. I get super tired right before and thats all I want to do is sleep. Bad news is I weigh myself tomorrow morning and I didn't work out today or yesterday!! AHH

Taylor86
10-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I got through my first day back! I did eat more "packaged" foods than I would have liked...but I am so busy with school and rehearsal..but hey- I stayed within my calories!

Star2Be
10-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Hello everyone... Just checking in! I figure I should at least be able to write something here once a week. I really don't think I'm at risk of falling off the wagon, because I feel extremely dedicated to this, but it is nice to be able to keep track of my progress on here. And I love seeing the weight tracker in my sig. ;) LOL.

I especially love seeing it today because today was somewhat of a milestone! I am officially in the 210s! I can't BELIEVE it!! :D It is slightly bittersweet, though, because I'm starting to worry that I've been losing too quickly... I know, that sounds kind of dumb, and lots of people would be glad to be losing weight so quickly, but it makes me worried that I might be doing something unhealthy. I am NOT starving myself or over-exercising--if anything, I'm under-exercising because I haven't done a real workout in a while; I've just been relying on all the walking around my huge campus (probably adds up to about a half-hour of walking per day anyways, heh) to keep me active... And I eat 3 squares a day (+ the occasional snack), and we're not just talking salads, fruit, yogurt, and "healthy" stuff--I eat exclusively at my school's dining hall! And I honestly don't feel the least bit deprived... I'm definitely restricting some things, but um duh, that's what you're supposed to do! I just don't know! I feel fine, and yet I still keep losing so quickly.

I guess I'm just nervous because supposedly the more quickly you lose, the more quickly you gain it back, right? AND the more loose skin you have, right? I'm already hating the possibility of gaining back (and the inevitability of loose skin), so I'd hate to think that I'm doing something that could exacerbate these problems. But I don't want to eat more food if I'm not hungry, or take the bus instead of walking to places that I've always walked to before... As long as I feel ok (and I swear I do!) is it possible that it's not really a problem, and maybe I'm just lucky? :?:

(...She said hopefully...)

quiddkidd06
10-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey guys! I just wanted to introduce myself because I've been a reader of 3FC for a while now but haven't really posted (it's so awesome to read what everyone has to say). BUT, I've been on here forever and want to get INVOLVED. (I reallllly want a signature :0) )

Well, I'm Shannon and I'm a 20 year old college student at the University of Texas. I started this new lifestyle in August and LOVE how being healthier makes me feel! It isn't just something I can see in the mirror, but I just FEEL better, too.

I'm inspired everyday by the stuff I read from you guys on here and I'm really excited to meet all of you!

Star2Be!:
You ARE losing fast. I guess it averages to about 4 pounds a week? If you are doing it healthy, however, (and it seems like you are) it seems natural and healthy. I guess this is both good/bad news for you, but I DOUBT that this brisk loss will keep up forever. The lower your weight gets, the lower your rate of loss per week will become. I've heard that the most maintainable rate of loss is 1% of your weight per week and you're around 2% a week. If you want to take it down to 1% a week, you could maybe add some calorie dense but healthy foods into your diet... But, if you're really concerned, there is probably a nutritionist on your campus that you could sit down with and she can give you wayy better info on it. I think the main thing about keeping off all this weight once we're done is making sure that the lifestyle changes we are making now seem like things we are willing and able to keep up with forever. Your dedication shows that you can TOTALLY do this!

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Good morning ladies.

How are y'all? I'm a little tired today, but good. I have to go to a studio after work and record what I spoke about a few weeks ago. I'm a little nervous. I don't like seeing myself on TV. I have to rush home get myself gussied up in 10 min and head over there. They are going to put it on their website. The website gets 40,000 hit a day. Great....

caligirl98
10-07-2008, 12:05 PM
I am soooo out of it... I would give my left big toe to get back into bed right now.

but I did work out last night, so I can at least be proud of that.

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 12:16 PM
I am soooo out of it... I would give my left big toe to get back into bed right now.

but I did work out last night, so I can at least be proud of that.

:bravo: Good job girl! and you get a ...................:carrot: :carrot: I need coffee.

raw23
10-07-2008, 12:18 PM
:wave: Hi everyone!

HereWeGoAgain - that's really cool :) ... what are you speaking about?

caligirl98
10-07-2008, 12:24 PM
OOHHHH! dancing carrots! I feel so special. ;-)

caseygail21
10-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi Ladies. It's raining today :(.. that means I have to get on the treadmill. I hate the the treadmill. I've been going to the park every single day. I love walking outside. I got an exercise ball last night (my abs are sore today). It feels great to be back on track with food and exercise. It seems like over the summer it was either one or the other.

I finished the first Twilight book and now I'm on the second one. I can not put them down. I will probably be done with the second one by tonight.

Quidd: Welcome to the boards! This place IS very inspiring :)

calgirl: yay for workouts!

Here we go: Good luck!

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
:wave: Hi everyone!

HereWeGoAgain - that's really cool :) ... what are you speaking about?

Basically I'm just sharing part of story. Some of the things I've been through. Going through abusive situations and how I came out of it. It's cool that I can help people, but it's scary to share you business to everyone. lol

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 01:20 PM
OOHHHH! dancing carrots! I feel so special. ;-)

lol you should feel special. I don't give dancing carrots to just anyone you know. lol

raw23
10-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Basically I'm just sharing part of story. Some of the things I've been through. Going through abusive situations and how I came out of it. It's cool that I can help people, but it's scary to share you business to everyone. lol

Holy crap, girl, you've got guts! Way to go!

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Holy crap, girl, you've got guts! Way to go!

Thank you! I really appreciate that. I try to help people if I can, sometimes are harder than others.

I'm so thankful that I have you girls on here. I always feel better when I talk to y'all.

beaka
10-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Taylor86: Hi! I think when I introduced myself to the site it was in one of the general welcome forums, so I guess I'll do it again.

Hi everyone! I'm 24. I weigh about 240. My weight has gone up and down my whole life and now I'm actually trying to keep it down. I've been counting calories and watching what I eat. I'm thinking of taking up running and doing the couch to 5k plan. I think I've finally sorted out a lot of the issues I've had with food. I was the fat girl with the tall thin mother, so her efforts to "help" me were often misguided. I'm actually a health educator (Ha! The irony) so although I specialize in sexuality education, I'm working on being healthier in all areas of my life. I moved to ATL about 3 months ago, so I'm working on getting out and meeting people too. So far this site really is a help to me. I like having some accountability, and people who actually understand what it's like.

Blcarter84
10-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Alright everyone so I have lost 1.2 pounds as of this morning. Not bad for not woring out the last 2 days. I will update more when i get out of work today!

just keep swimming
10-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi beaka! Very nice to meet you!

:wave: Hi all! Just wanted to pop in. TOM is wreaking havoc AND I'm going out of town this weekend, so I'm pretty sure I should stay off the scale for like the next two weeks... Yeah, right. I'm addicted!

ghost
10-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Alright everyone so I have lost 1.2 pounds as of this morning. Not bad for not woring out the last 2 days. I will update more when i get out of work today!

Congrats on the loss!

So. Last night I made the best ever vegitarian stuffed bell peppers. And, it made 6 servings, only 280 calories per serving, with lots of good carbs and protein. And, I managed to contain myself and only eat 2 servings (I had a lot of calories left over for the day). Then, I immediatly passed out. While talking on the phone. It was the weirdest thing. I also made it to cardio yesterday 35 min on the elliptical and 25 minutes walking on an incline for about 550 cals out. Today, I don't know if I'll be able to swing it. I'm winging it with babysitters and extra kids and my son is sick (again!) so he can't swim.

My BFF's baby daddy is in jail. I cannot find my BFF, rumor is she is somewhere in vegas and if she is, then she's in NO condition to come and get her kids, two of them, 2 and 1 YO. So I've been kickin it with extra kids. I don't know what to do. I've been checking in with our Office of childrens services. If I can't deal with it anymore I have back-up because their mom's cousin lives here too. I just don't want to see these kids passed around. Its been three days and they are still not settled at my house and they KNOW my house well. I worry about them because they are my pseudo-nephew and neice, I've known their parents for over 15 years. I was there when they were born, I've changed their diapers and made their bottles...I was honestly worried about kids for them from the get go. I knew this was going to happen the day my BFF said she was pregnant with #1. I'm just so sad for the babies. And stressed...they are very active.

At any rate, I'll get to personals later. Its taken me an hour to type out this post.

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Ghost- I'm so sorry. That' s a tough situation. Why is your BF in Vegas? Are they on a trip or did just bounce? I'm just in awe.

ghost
10-07-2008, 05:13 PM
My BFF's mom was killed two months ago and she freaked out. Not mentally stable. She left the kids with their dad. He went to jail over the weekend for doing something terribly stupid and shortsighted, leaving me and some other "family" friends to take care of the kids. I could kill him.

i am still trying
10-07-2008, 05:15 PM
ghost- me too, (I'm in awe). You are kind to take them in. I work in a very disadvantaged area with kids and I can tell you that they are resilient!

ghost
10-07-2008, 05:28 PM
It would have broken my heart to see them go where they are not familiar with their surroundings. I remember upheavel in my life when I was very young and am still profoundly distrubed by it. I'm just trying to give them a familiar environment, and lots of love.

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Ghost- That's awesome that you are taking care of them. I hate to say this but it is not your responsibility. If you can do it, great but if you can't it's ok too. You have to do what is best for you and your son. We all go through sudden deaths and crap in our lives, your friend needs to take responsibility for her children or make a decision for their future. How long is ol boy in jail?

Chele615
10-07-2008, 06:02 PM
I just feel like such crap today!!! My nose is all stuffed up, I have a headache, I'm absolutely FREEZING, and to top it all off, my left eye is watering incessantly just about every 4 minutes or so!! It's like clockwork.....and the watering is more like a gush than a trickle. It's the weirdest thing!!! I could totally go to bed right now!! I even skipped out on the gym because I just didn't feel like dragging myself there. BLAH! haha

Here we go again
10-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Ches- I'm sorry you're not feeling good. Do you think it's allergies? You should drink plenty of fluids and get a lot of rest too.

ghost
10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Ghost- That's awesome that you are taking care of them. I hate to say this but it is not your responsibility. If you can do it, great but if you can't it's ok too. You have to do what is best for you and your son. We all go through sudden deaths and crap in our lives, your friend needs to take responsibility for her children or make a decision for their future. How long is ol boy in jail?

The duration of his stint as an inmate has yet to be determined. Can he make bail? Thats a better question. And if he does will I give the kids back, considering the nature of his crime is in the drug distribution area of the law? I wouldn't feel comfortable giving the kids to him in the current situation as I understand it. Besides, my BFF could get control of herself before he makes bail. I think me and BFF's cousin are going to fly a "grandma" up here to take the kids. Their dad's parents have their poop in a group, are trustworthy, and are close to the kids. So, it could be only a few more days for me.

I just feel like such crap today!!! My nose is all stuffed up, I have a headache, I'm absolutely FREEZING, and to top it all off, my left eye is watering incessantly just about every 4 minutes or so!! It's like clockwork.....and the watering is more like a gush than a trickle. It's the weirdest thing!!! I could totally go to bed right now!! I even skipped out on the gym because I just didn't feel like dragging myself there. BLAH! haha

Thats terrible! There is a vicious virus going around here right now. Sad thing is I think my son has it, in the early stages. So, coming from a mom, I want you to take tomorrow off and stay in bed with good movies, good books, warm cups of yarrow and honey tea, bowls of chicken soup if your not veggie, and lots of fruit and water. If you have access to a steam bath or a dry sauna I'd go that route too, they do wonders for colds.

UrsusMaritimus
10-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Ghost - Wow, what a tough place to be in. I'm sending good vibes your way.

Here we go - How did the recording go?

I had kind of a blah day today, and now I'm off to teach. But I'm on track re: exercise and food, so that's good.

Chele615
10-07-2008, 08:44 PM
So, coming from a mom, I want you to take tomorrow off and stay in bed.

Do you think my principal will buy it if I call in sick tomorrow and tell him that it's per "mother's orders"? LOL I am feeling a bit better...or at least a bit warmer. I came home from work (of course, today was the day we had a 2 hour training and a staff meeting after school) and immediately changed into sweatpants and a huge hooded sweatshirt! I plan on taking some Nyquil to help with the stuffy nose and sore-ish throat and try to crash early. I plan on watching 90210 in bed and my goal is to be asleep before it ends! haha

ghost
10-07-2008, 08:49 PM
ohhhhhdangit! My grandma just called, its "tata's" (my grandfather) birthday tonight, 82 years old! And they've invited me and the chillin's to dinner at the fancy hotel restaurant. *heavy sigh* OMG, what am I going to do with the toddlers! They will drive everybody crazy! Lol! Oh, I'm just going to drop them off at their other Anties house I guess. And I don't want to eat mystery caloric and fat content foods, I want to be on plan. I gues I can have a salad with the dressing on the side. Hopefully they have a broth based soupe du jour.
Even the best laid plans fall to peices some times. I had planned on some cardio, some strenth training, a lite supper and to bed early...what I get is no time to work out, unplanned eating out, and the kids will probable all be up late, thus throwing my nighly routine out of whack.

warning: emmy moment:

*falls on knees with arms outstretched to the sky*
"Why GAWD, WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"
/drama queen routine

beaka
10-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I just did week 1 day 1 of the couch to 5k program!!!! I'm so freakin' proud of myself. I could be a runner!!! I hereby give myself my first dancing carrot!!!! :carrot:

Seriously though. I was running. Really running. 60 seconds at a time, but running. Go me!!! :D

RememberHowToSmile
10-07-2008, 11:57 PM
OMG I can’t believe that there are 5 pages and it is only Tuesday, we have a very active chat this week. Sorry for the lack of personal responses, it’s been a stressful week Monday went fine but I was so exhausted from my trip that I didn’t get much done. The problem is I have a paper due on Thursday. It’s a hard paper with an author that I don’t particular like so that makes it worst. I got about half of my paper done tonight so I guess I am doing ok. I seem to have a central theme that I am arguing with is better then I think most of my classmates are doing (everyone else keeps telling me that they have no idea what is going on).

Tomorrow is my birthday, I’m going out to dinner with my sister. I’m going to try and eat not to bad since I ate like crap today and I am going out again this weekend because of my paper.

Oh and the best early birthday gift I could have probable happened today. I’ve been exploring my options of getting a lower body lift/ breast implants soon. I have been kicking around when to get it, to wait until I hit my goal weight but I’m not entirely sure when that will be. Plus my weight loss has stalled for almost a year now which tells me that some of the weight might be because of the excess skin and fat that is intermixed with it in my abdomen. So I’ve been thinking that over Christmas might be the best time for me but I didn’t know how to pay for it. I’m a full time student and I can’t work because of school, so I can’t get medical loans (which is how I would have to pay for it). But my financial aid office said that they would authorize an alternative loan to get it if I can get an doctor to say it is medically necessary. So I think I’m going to make an appointment to see if a surgeon thinks now it the right time.

quiddkidd06
10-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Anyone need a good laugh?

I don't have a car at school, so I take the bus to the supermarket. I was walking home from the bus stop with two HUGE re-useable bags, one on each shoulder. There's a puddle in front of me but I have no where else to go, so I walk through. My flip flops start to loose footing, but I try again. Nope, keep slipping.... until I fall HARD and FLAT on my ***. I was COVERED in mud the rest of the way home!

Also, today I made Butternut Squash fries and they were DELICIOUS! I def. recommend them. I got the "recipe" from Hungry Girl, but it's really just french fry shaped slices of butternut squash with a little bit of salt. Absolutely wonderful and PERFECT for this new fall weather!

Beaka- Couch to 5K is AWESOME! I did it and can now totally run comfortably outside for 30+ minutes. I NEVER thought I'd be able to do that. They have some really cool podcasts you can download on ITunes, too, to help you keep time easily.

Remember- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Here we go again
10-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Beaka- good job girl! you're doing great.

Remember- Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Let us know how it goes with the surgeon. Do you have big plans for your bday?

Ghost- *applause* That was an awesome performance. That's so good that you still went with the flow and had healthy alternative all planned. Good job!

So, I worked my butt off tonight! I did the shred. Then decided to go to Curves haven't been there in a couple of weeks. I did my thing and on the times where it's cardio I "jumped rope" I was so proud of myself. People were looking at me like I was crazy. I was like yes, I'm the crazy one! Then the curves woman was showing a new person around and she introduced me as "our highest calorie burner" and I made the top ten for the entire Curves roughly 5000 people. It means basically that I was in the top ten of most inches and weight lost last month. Yay!!!!!

Oh, and my filming thing went good. It was really hard but I had fun. They told me I was natural and that they may want me to do another thing eventually. I was like um, never been a TV person. but we shall see. Today was a really good day and I'm in the middle of TOM. Crazy!

Here we go again
10-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Gui- are you ok? That is funny. how embarrassing! did you see people that you knew?

caligirl98
10-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Ok, so this may be hormonal related but now I really don't want to go out this weekend. I'm soooooo tired, I have a ton of homework to do and my apartment looks neglected. But if I tell my friends this, they'll have a cow and possibly the whole damn farm. But I have a 4 day weekend and all I want to do is sleep. I really am getting old. I can't believe I'm turning 25 tomm.

Managed to work out yesterday--two days in a row! yea me!

Remember: From a fellow Libra....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

beaka
10-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Remember and Cali Girl: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

just keep swimming
10-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Ooh, 2 birthdays in 2 days!

Happy birthday to RememberHowToSmile and caligirl98!

:celebrate::bday2you::celebrate:

Taylor86
10-08-2008, 12:29 PM
I am wearing a cream shirt to school today. I wonder how long it is gonna last until I spill diet coke and/or coffee on it. Probably not too long.....

ANYWAY - I have stayed within my calories for the last two days! It has been so long since I have done that. I am getting those "stomach shrinking pains" again...ya know the ones where you are like "Shut up stomach. I just fed you, you are full. Stop complaining"....yeah- those.

I am eating too much "packaged" foods because of rehearsal. I am not proud of that and I am sure I have doubled my sodium intake this last week - but that is a detail I am willing to let slide. Somethings you worry about - somethings you can't. I know it is something I need to work on but I right now I am happy I am making my calorie goal.

If only I can start to make it to the gym.

I also need to get new lenses for my glasses. My eyes are getting worse and are watering every three seconds from having to strain them - but alas I do not have the money. Hopefully my dad will help me out - I also need to get contact lenses cause I can't wear glasses for my show. Anyone else wear contacts? Do you like them?

(I can't get the little smiles to work, I am gonna wish happy birthday to the Libra's later. And do some personals when I get back from rehearsal tonight)

smallification
10-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Happy birthday, Remember and Caligirl!

I had a nice loss on the scale this morning. Might be the last one I am going to see for a while. This weekend is my birthday and Canadian Thanksgiving, and then next week I'll be travelling for work.

I had already decided that this weekend is "free", but I have no idea how I am going to make good food choices when I am eating exclusively at restaurants for a week after that.

ghost
10-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Beaka- good job girl! you're doing great.

Remember- Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Let us know how it goes with the surgeon. Do you have big plans for your bday?

Ghost- *applause* That was an awesome performance. That's so good that you still went with the flow and had healthy alternative all planned. Good job!

So, I worked my butt off tonight! I did the shred. Then decided to go to Curves haven't been there in a couple of weeks. I did my thing and on the times where it's cardio I "jumped rope" I was so proud of myself. People were looking at me like I was crazy. I was like yes, I'm the crazy one! Then the curves woman was showing a new person around and she introduced me as "our highest calorie burner" and I made the top ten for the entire Curves roughly 5000 people. It means basically that I was in the top ten of most inches and weight lost last month. Yay!!!!!

Oh, and my filming thing went good. It was really hard but I had fun. They told me I was natural and that they may want me to do another thing eventually. I was like um, never been a TV person. but we shall see. Today was a really good day and I'm in the middle of TOM. Crazy!

That is awesome about the curves monthly highest calorie burner! I wish my gym did that, then I would have something to shoot for.

Ok, so this may be hormonal related but now I really don't want to go out this weekend. I'm soooooo tired, I have a ton of homework to do and my apartment looks neglected. But if I tell my friends this, they'll have a cow and possibly the whole damn farm. But I have a 4 day weekend and all I want to do is sleep. I really am getting old. I can't believe I'm turning 25 tomm.

Managed to work out yesterday--two days in a row! yea me!

Remember: From a fellow Libra....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy birthday from the mother and girlfriend of libras! I hope 25 is as good as 21. Remember, you are not turning 25, you are celebrating the 4th anniversary of your 21st birthday. Think of it in the positive as long as you can because when you are 29 it is going to be really hard to delude yourself.

Ooh, 2 birthdays in 2 days!

Happy birthday to RememberHowToSmile and caligirl98!

:celebrate::bday2you::celebrate:

I second.

I am wearing a cream shirt to school today. I wonder how long it is gonna last until I spill diet coke and/or coffee on it. Probably not too long.....

ANYWAY - I have stayed within my calories for the last two days! It has been so long since I have done that. I am getting those "stomach shrinking pains" again...ya know the ones where you are like "Shut up stomach. I just fed you, you are full. Stop complaining"....yeah- those.

I am eating too much "packaged" foods because of rehearsal. I am not proud of that and I am sure I have doubled my sodium intake this last week - but that is a detail I am willing to let slide. Somethings you worry about - somethings you can't. I know it is something I need to work on but I right now I am happy I am making my calorie goal.

If only I can start to make it to the gym.

I also need to get new lenses for my glasses. My eyes are getting worse and are watering every three seconds from having to strain them - but alas I do not have the money. Hopefully my dad will help me out - I also need to get contact lenses cause I can't wear glasses for my show. Anyone else wear contacts? Do you like them?

(I can't get the little smiles to work, I am gonna wish happy birthday to the Libra's later. And do some personals when I get back from rehearsal tonight)

I eat alot of packaged foods too. Especially soups and lean cuisines. Drink more water to flush the sodium out of your system. Also, invest in a good multivitamin if you have not already. Oh, and get a flu shot. Ours just arrived and I'm ready to line up for one.

SO, now that those shout outs are done...

I did okay at dinner last night, had a broth based french onion soup and a chicken and pecan salad (but for some reason there was not a single pecan it the salad...tons of walnuts though. Dressing and blue cheese on the side. Then I had a piece of blueberry pie in the raw, made with raw blueberries, tart style. It was good. I'm filled with antioxidants.

The toddlers went home last night, BFFs babys daddy made bail, and his sister showed up in town to "take over" the household. Thank gawd! They were very happy to go home. I know the feeling.

Tonight I WILL DO CARDIO. I have no way out of it. I promised my son that he could take his friend swimming with him tonight. Life seems so much easier to keep together when I only have one kid to worry about. My car seems much less crowded also...

Here we go again
10-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Happy birthday to Remember and Caligirl. I agree with Ghost, you're just celebrating 21 again.

Ghost- Good job on the soup and salad. I bet you're relieved to have the toddlers gone. Good thing the daddy made bail. Good job on locking yourself in to doing cardio.

So my car is messing up again. Crap, I just put $520 something dollars into it. I'm going to drop it off tonight. I don't like not having a car. I'm too independent.

I think I'm losing my TOM weight. I was 289 I think it was on Monday or Sunday, I can't remember but I was 284 this morning. Hopefully I can get back to my "real weight". But I am sporting a new pair of smaller jeans today. Some of the guys in the production area told me I was looking fit and that I should come play soccer with them on lunch break. I don't know if I should. I don't particularly want to get all hot and sweaty with the guys and they've played soccer all their lives. I don't know if I could hang. They are young and skinny. But part of me is so tempted to see what I'm made of......

ghost
10-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh, go play soccer at least once! You know you want to...

Annita
10-08-2008, 02:36 PM
my cousin's wife is doing another yoyo diet ... again.

I told her that's not gonna work.
She said ok, i'll try doing exercises and she sticked to it for...3 days.
And then she quitted because it didn't give her fast results like not eating. And, how happy she was when she lost 2 kgs (~5 lbs) in 2 days just by not eating enough. And because of that, she thinks that not exercising is ok, and instead of exercising, she'll just doesn't eat ... (OK, she does eat, but a bowl of rice in the morning and then live the rest of the day with only fruits isn't good).
And then i told her that. But she said "your exercises just not gonna work on me". **** yeah...for 3 days it's not gonna work lady. And she's just d*** mean telling me "when you have baby, you'll see your body start to getting fatter and fatter and you can do nothing about it". Yeah, right. That's why i'm building a habit of exercising from 4 months ago....

I passed her all my knowledge in hope she'll understand but she refused to do. I guessed i did all i can.
BTW, she's been dieting for 3 years with that yoyo dieting, but never really lose. She'll lose about 5 kgs, and then quit, and gain back a few more, and try again (that's why she's ending heavier than 3 years ago when she started to "diet"). I guess I did all i can to help her realize it, but if she doesn't want to realize then that's not my problem. Tsk.

Since i started my journey, i kind of building a habit of trying to get people to eat and stay healthier .... but i guess if it's not their own realize themselves, whatever i say is just worthless to them. I'll try to stop this habit >"<

And happy birthday two lovely ladies in 3fc ^-^ Have a nice healthy birthday party ;)

Here we go again
10-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh, go play soccer at least once! You know you want to...

lol I want to but can't today. I don't have any work out clothes and I won't do ti in these jeans. I just don't want to look like a fool out there. I never go watch them b/c there are a few females that watch and I don't speak Spanish and they don't speak English. It's like I think people are talking about me, although they are not. Mind tricks..... ugghg. We'll see....

HeatherMcG
10-08-2008, 05:43 PM
you girls crack me up! :lol: I just love coming on here to catch up.

RememberHowToSmile and caligirl98 --- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

So hubby got a new job. It is certainly better than the old one. We are very excited!! :)

And, there is a mouse in our house. No kidding. I was terrified, screamed like a little school girl, and jumped on the bed. Hubby decided to throw things at it and trying to catch or kill it. I am sure it was quite a sight to see. Then, as we were sleeping last night, I heard SNAP!!! The TRAP!!!! I thought, "Gotcha you little ef'er!" So I went to sleep.... this morning I looked for the trap. It was gone! I texted hubby, to check the trap. MOUSE ESCAPED! I texted back that he must be a Big, Fat Hairy Smarty Mouse. It is now my personal mission to find and remove the dang thing. ;)

Here we go again
10-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Heather- That's too funny. I would have done the same thing! One time at my momma's house in Arkansas a mouse got trapped in her tub. I don't know how it got there. So I got appointed to remove it. I was not happy about it but got a plastic wal-mart bag and got it out and put him outside. It was kinda scary. lol I was running around and my mom and sister were screaming. We are such girls!

I'm glad you're hubby got the job! Yay!!!

ghost
10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
a mouse? Aren't they like, a fraction of your size? And actually, mice are quite friendly creatures. I used to have a mouse as a pet in college (saved from the lab...a vigilante action). I have to worry about warf rats the size of cats at my house. We have to buy huge traps and put sheet rock screws through them so that when the rat trips the trap it impales itself and dies a faster death. Last winter I weighed one of the rats I caught, 4lbs! FOUR LBS of rat! OMG, that was a big one.
Now go out there and get that mouse and show it who's boss. And maybe buy it a cage, and feed it cheese and give it a name.

I've just had a huge fight with my boyfriend. He accused me of cheating on him. I don't know what hurts more, that he thinks I'm the kind of person who would ever cheat, or that he doens't trust me in order to have come to that conclusion. For the record, I did not cheat on him. He's just jealous of my lab partner and our work shinanagins.

beaka
10-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I got a signature!!! :carrot:

caseygail21
10-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Hey girls, just checking in. I had a good day but it was exhausting. I am a substitute teacher (working on my nontraditional teaching license) and I worked today, second grade, I really love it. Unfortunately, I got very little sleep last night because of my obsession with twilight haha. I usually walk at the park everyday, but I skipped out today, I was exhausted when I got home.

We're going over to a friends to eat tonight, fortunately, they are also health conscious. She is making homemade vegetable soup, YUM YUM!

I've been back on plan for about a week now, but I still feel incredibly bloated and FAT! lol... I hate that feeling (especially one I'm on plan) I got some Activia and starting tonight I'm going to eat it everyday (this usually helps) Any other ideas?

caligirl98
10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes you guys. So I called my friend (the oldest friend who let me cut her in 2nd grade when the 'fast girls' were dissing my Cinderella lunch box) and she was disappointed in me and yadda, yadda and managed to talk me back into going out. Instead of locking myself in the house with homework, I need to go out and let loose. I always stress more when I'm trying to make the President's List.

Meanwhile, I feel a little less like crud...I got some balloons, a couple of CDs and a couple of second row seats to the Maxwell concert (had a fit when I saw that!) Come tomorrow, I'll see how many people forget...they always do; it's so damn random and then I can get my guilt trip gifts.

Ghost: Men can be such...Men. I suppose it doesn't help that you guys live so far from each other. You know, last weekend, Here We Go and Me were trying to think of places you could move around here.

and um, mice are scary. When I was 15, we lived by this field and they decided to clear the field to do some houses or something and all of a sudden, we had mice. Me, my mom and my sister were screaming for weeks. You could hear them in the kitchen at night. Eventually we had to get some poison b/c even terminex couldn’t get rid of them.

BTW: I'm also scared of lady bugs...I find them very suspicious.

ghost
10-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes you guys. So I called my friend (the oldest friend who let me cut her in 2nd grade when the 'fast girls' were dissing my Cinderella lunch box) and she was disappointed in me and yadda, yadda and managed to talk me back into going out. Instead of locking myself in the house with homework, I need to go out and let loose. I always stress more when I'm trying to make the President's List.

Meanwhile, I feel a little less like crud...I got some balloons, a couple of CDs and a couple of second row seats to the Maxwell concert (had a fit when I saw that!) Come tomorrow, I'll see how many people forget...they always do; it's so damn random and then I can get my guilt trip gifts.

Ghost: Men can be such...Men. I suppose it doesn't help that you guys live so far from each other. You know, last weekend, Here We Go and Me were trying to think of places you could move around here.

and um, mice are scary. When I was 15, we lived by this field and they decided to clear the field to do some houses or something and all of a sudden, we had mice. Me, my mom and my sister were screaming for weeks. You could hear them in the kitchen at night. Eventually we had to get some poison b/c even terminex couldnít get rid of them.

BTW: I'm also scared of lady bugs...I find them very suspicious.

I'm glad you decided to go out. And...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You got Maxwell tickets? you are so the cool girl now (what kind of freaks make fun of cinderella?). And MEN do suck sometimes. I feel so dissed right now. I literally cried at work in front of everyone over it, but I couldn't control it. And then I was so sick with anxiety I couldn't eat lunch so I'm running on 250 calories and its almost 3:30pm here...makes for a cranky biotch.

Lady bugs are suspicious. But they eat aphids so they are at least a useful suspect.

just keep swimming
10-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Ghost - I'm really sorry he did that to you. I know I don't really know you, you know, in real life or whatever, but you really seem lovely and you don't deserve to be treated badly. :hug:

Cali - I hope you have a fabulous birthday, however you decide to celebrate!

I am not scared of ladybugs, but I am not a fan of their little orange friends, the Asian lady beetles (http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/ladybeetles.html). Anyone else get these? They were f-ing EVERYWHERE in Illinois.

Taylor86
10-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Ok so I still can't get my 'smilies' to work!!!! But here is goes anyway!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REMEMBER AND CALI!!! I hope both you beautiful girls have a wonderful day and all your birthday wishes come true!!!

artsnsmarts
10-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey ladies!! I don't have time to write to everyone since I overslept and have to leave for class in 15 mins, but I just wanted to let people know that I AM still alive!!

This week is absolutely insane in terms of work, and I have a big new workshop this weekend that I'm learning a new song for, but I haven't been able to practice because I've been sick!! So I've been stressed about learning this new song, schoolwork, being healthy, and so many other things!!

I'll try and come back tonight and write some personals!

Taylor86
10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Blah. My sodium intake has doubled because the boy and I only have 15 dollars for food to last us 10 days until his mom gets home from vacation and sends him some money so the only thing I cannot afford is cheap pizza and top ramen....I am not kidding. I did get my regular light bread, brown rice and some eggs. I still have some tuna, turkey and a few boca burgers left. I only used 1/2 a chicken breast between us for dinner last night...and I am gonna use the other 1/2 tonight. But I feel so bloated cause I know top ramen and 75 cent pizzas are not the way to go...but it's all I can afford right now.

Is anyone else in the same boat? I feel like a failure in my weight loss right now. Those tiny pizzas don't fill me up so then I end up eating a top ramen with them....and then my calories and sodium for the day has tripled. I am still taking a multivitamin cause I know I cannot get by without it and I am drinking only water to try and flush the salt out.....AND my jeans were tight when I put them on this morning....GRRRR!!!!

Any ideas?

Here we go again
10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Taylor- I'm so sorry girl! I know it's tough. I wish I had pearls of wisdom but I don't. You can only do the best you can do. If you lived where I live, I would tell you to go to Sam's and get a big 5 pound bag of carrots for $1.86 and 1/2 tub of baby spinach for $3.05. It's what I paid Monday. But I don't know the prices where you live. Do the best you can do. Drink lots of water, and remember this is only temporary. Can your Dad help you at all?

Arts- I was wondering where you been! Make sure you take care of yourself even though you're busy.

Cali, Ghost, Just- I have a stupid thing I'm afraid of.... birds and flying things. I don't like things that fly around my head!!!! It make me act like a little school girl. I think it comes from growing up in Arkansas with big porches. We would wait for the bus and the birds would make nests in the corners of our porch. They would always attack us b/c they thought we were too close. It was not fun and now I can't stand them. lol I know so sad.

Ghost- What's up with your man? Where is this coming from? I would feel upset too. I hate to say this, but I grew up around a lot of guys and almost every time they accused their girls of cheating it was b/c they were. I don't know your man, but would you have any reason to believe that he was cheating on you? Or it could be that you're looking so good he's worried that you might cash him in for a new better looking boy toy.

Casey- You're doing good girl!

So today I feel pretty. I know that sounds lame but I just feel good. My hair looks good, and I just feel pretty. I'm in a really good mood. I'm smiling more today. lol Funny. Anyways, I dropped my car off at the mechanic again. They are looking at it for me. I guess a cylinder is misfiring. I hope it doesn't cost me a lot of money, I don't have it. Thank God, my roommate let me use her car today. She drives a standard. I used to have a standard a few years ago, so I did good although I hadn't driven one in a while. Which leads to a interesting discussion at work today. Apparently in California they don't use the term standard for a car, it's a manual. I told them I have changed my words on some things, but I will not convert. I will still call it a standard. It was quite funny. It's been a crazy day at work. One of the workers slipped and fell on acid. Not fun and I get to handle it. But he's ok. I wouldn't want to slip on acid.

Its Courtney
10-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Heyyyy!

So I'm a little late jumping in on the chat! Hope everyone's doing super fantastic today!

Is it as gorgeous where ya'll live as it is here?? We had a "cold front" come through yesterday, and it's been right around 70 degrees with clear skies and a breeze. PERFECT for walking the lake! FINALLY! Some great southern weather! :)

Also, I can't stand it anymore, but I have to gush! So I've met this guy....and he's INCREDIBLE!!! We have soooo much in common and we talk for hours and hours without any awkward silences and his eyes absolutely make me MELT! He has these honey-hazel eyes that I get lost in... :) This looks pretty promising...BUT. Is it bad that I'm falling for someone so soon after my exfiance and I broke up? ((We were together for 4.5 years and broke up this past June..)) Like, part of me wants to feel guilty for having such strong feelings, but I CAN'T. I'm so happy...It's not like I was LOOKING for someone else...he just kinda appeared and he's so...perfect to me.

OH the sun is shining!!! And now I have the shred....day 2 level 1 you guys! I am SOO sore from yesterday. MAN!

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend?

ghost
10-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I am coming down with something. I can not get warm. my lungs are hurting when I take a deep breath or cough, and I've got...well...lets just say my bowels are very loose. I'm just generally having a "crappy" day. I'm about .75 lbs off of my samhain goal weight of 169, I weighed in at 169.75 this morning after being up at 174 for the last week. We'll see if it sticks. Can't change my ticker yet because I'm sure its a fluke.
We had our first big blow of the year last night, wind speeds in excess of 70 mph and monsoon like rain. My son and I ran from the truck to the aquatic center, about 200 yards, and got drenched last night! Then I forgot my water bottle in the car and decided I'd just drink out of the water fountain instead of going back out to get it. I did only 60 minutes of cardio last night. I was feeling very lazy. 35 minutes on the elliptical, and 25 minutes on the bike, but on the bike I decreased the level, I usually do level 10 and I went down to 7 because I was exhausted.

Courtney, Good for you getting back in the game. Do not feel bad about meeting someone so soon, you have a right to be happy. Theres no need to sit around being miserable.

Herewegoagain: He's not the cheating type, but neither am I. He's just paranoid. I'm currently ignoring him and will continue to do so until my anxiety goes away. The last time I talked to him I told him I just can't deal with this kind of bull****. He'll learn a lesson, hopefully. and props on feeling fab today! We call it a standard up here in alaska. when you say the word manual in the same sentance as car around here people assume you need to look up a part number.

Taylor: I have been in your shoes when I was a student. I had $10 to last me over a week for food. I bought a bag of rice and some butter. Got hot sauce and salt from taco bell and thats what I ate. It sucked, but now when I think back on it, maybe it did build some character for me. I, at least, can say I know adversity and not be lying about it. FYI, eating only rice for over a week causes constipation. Really bad constipation.

Taylor86
10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah right now I have 3 cans of soup, top ramen, 2 cans of tuna a tiny bit of turkey breast, 2 laughing cow squares, pretzels a box of brown rice, 3 apples, a loaf of bread , eggs and milk to last my boyfriend and I for 10 days. And we only have 10 dollars to buy whatever else we need. We went to family dollar and got soup and stew....

I don't think I am gonna be on a diet for the next week and 1/2

Blcarter84
10-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Taylor- I totally feel your pain about not having any food. I was just looking around in my house and had to break down and eat the last yogurt and a can of peaches that I had left inthe cupboard....I do have some canned tuna still though...but other than that I think I am screwed!!
Ghost-I'm sorry about your boyfriend, I have been having troubles with mine also. We were supposed to be getting married but I think we are gonna not be together instead...of course we are living togther until may so we have to be nice!(the sad part is he is the only father figure in my sons life)
Anyways everyone today seems like a pretty good day for me. I lounged around in bed for hours this morning. Then I finally got up and hit the gym for 45 minutes and then ran back home to shower up and then ran back out the door again to meet my new childcare provider/babysitter. But all went well and we decided on 2.50 an hour for now since I am a single mom that has NO money!! I have to work in an hour*bummer* , but I need the money so hey right. Besides it's thursday which means that sunday is closer(my day off)!!! woohoo...lets just hope the scales next week bring me joy as well.

Here we go again
10-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Taylor- I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I wish I could say something wise, but I got nothing. Don't give up girl. We're here for you.

Ghost- I'm glad that y'all say standard too. I hope your BF learns pretty quick cus that's gotta hurt not to be trusted especially when you've been dealing with the toddlers.

So todays been so busy at work. I got another marriage proposal. It always makes me feel good, but is kinda weird. I talked to the mechanic about my car. They replaced the spark plug and wires for free on the 2nd cylnander. So if it's still messing up, it's a bigger problem. At least today it's free and I get it back today. It's been a good day.

ghost
10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
HWGA: Thats why I hate cars. You get a good one, and a couple months later it starts generating more bills for you. in the last year I've replaced a clutch, spark plugs, fuel and oil filters, the starter and after a summer of huge volcanic activity my grand total of air filters: 5! I also bought my truck new shoes (tires) for the winter. Oh, and a u-joint and had the bearring packed. So tired of vehicle related expenses. I wish we had public transport around here. even if it was expensive I think I would rather take a reliable bus then an unreliable truck.

I've had a lot of good fats today, and a little bit of bad carbs. I ate an entire avocado for lunch with 8 almonds and 1/2 a jalapeno cheese roll (the bad carb). I'm trying to shift my HDL/LDL ratio because my HDL is low, but my overall total cholesterol is okay.

Excercise plans include doing my dishes (yikes!) and strength training for today. Apparently doing dishes burns about 160 calories an hour...

RememberHowToSmile
10-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for all of the great birthday wishes. I like the you are just celebrating 21 for the 4th time. I’m surprisingly more ok with turning 25 then most of my friends have been. I see it as a new chapter in my life, I’ve lost a ton of weight, I’m going to get my physical appearance corrected by getting the lower body lift which I think will give me more self confidence, I’m doing work that I love while in school, I’m almost done for school. Now I just need to find a job for after graduation and a man and I think I would have to say that my life would be exactly where I want it (but it is pretty damn close right now. ) I spent a lot of time this when I was out with my friends comparing my 21st to my 25th birthday and there was definitely a transition between the two. I unfortunately did not get to do much on my birthday, class until 3:30, donating blood, dinner with my sister and then I spent most of the night writing a paper. I’m going to go out and celebrate this weekend with my family.

My mom sent me a edible arrangement fruit basket rather then a cake for my birthday, she said I would appreciate it more. My sister on the other hand got me a petite cold stone cake, it is suppose to be for 1-2 people but I split into 4 servings.

Oh and on a great note I got my new drivers liscense yesterday ... I look like a compelete different person!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my fellow libra!!!!

Sorry for no personals but I’m heading to bed . . .

artsnsmarts
10-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Taylor -- make sure that when you are buying, you're buying things that are "Bang for your buck" as it were.... My mom was DIRT POOR for a while in college, like really really bad. She used to buy eggs (lots of protein for a little money), bread (make sure you get a whole grain one!), and peanut butter (more protein, yeah some fats as well) to get her through the week. I'm really sorry you've gotta live like that, but as least you DO have food, right? Do you have anyone (dad, sisters, uncles, anything) who might let you raid their supply of canned goods? People always seem to have WAY more canned stuff than they need...and just some extra beans or something mihgt mike a big difference.

Taylor86
10-10-2008, 11:30 AM
arts No, my dad is of the mind set "I did it in college and so must you"...I can see were it is building character but I have also packed on about 4 pounds of sodium. I am so damn bloated. Anyway - My dad isn't really going to help me and I have no gas to get to my brothers. I just feel so cheat - and this maybe a crappy thing to say but I know if my mom were alive there is no way she would let me live on so little. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, my boyfriends mom is getting back from vacation soon and Chris's (bf) moms pounds (english money) doubles in value here and she always sends us plenty so we should be outta the dark soon! Just gotta suck it up.

Here we go again
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Happy Friday and it's payday too! And I have my car back. It's a good day.

Ghost- I have no right to complain after what you've been through. 5 air filters? Why? I'm glad my car is fixed and done for free since they messed it up in the first place. Grrr....

Taylor- It's got to be hard especially w/o your mom. My dad is a lot like yours, he did it on his own and he expects everyone else to do it too. The thing is my dad did get help at least that's what my mom's dad says, but I think my dad forgets that. Funny how the story changes as they get older.

I'm struggling with my eating. I've been around 1800 but sometimes I 'm just not hungry. I've been drinking more juice, I love Naked Green Machine. 140 cals for a cup, but it's so good. I'm sure I'm going through a phase, but at least I'm getting my cals in.

Taylor86
10-10-2008, 02:05 PM
It is hard without my mom - but I know my dad has a point. I need to know the value of a dollar...but he is also expecting me to loose weight because he gave me the gift of a trainer..but it's almost impossible to loose weight right now living in the nutritionally void crap I have been eating.

BUT - Just because I am living on top ramen at the moment (and it is just momentarily) doesn't mean I have to eat 3. I also am going to stop putting the seasoning in it to cut back on the sodium and I do have a package of frozen broccoli so I am going to be adding that. I also have brown rice I can cook up with broccoli.

I will make this work for me. Nothing is going to stop me. I just have to stop feeling sorry for myself and be joyful for what I do have - because it's a lot more than some people.

remember It sounds like you had a great birthday! I have always wanted one of those edible arrangements - what a cute gift idea! Did your school okay the lower body lift?? If you need any advice you are more than welcome to ask me...I have had plastic surgery before...feel free to PM me!

herewego Hey, at least you are getting your calories in. Those drinks can't be too bad for you...I think they may have a lot of sugar but I am pretty sure it's all natural. And thanks for all your kind words. They really mean a lot to me.

Here we go again
10-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Taylor- I totally understand parents trying to teach the value of a dollar. lol it sucks. I just learned the hard way when I was kicked out at 18, had to grow up real quick. When I have to eat Ramen noodles, I make it as a soup. I use twice the amount of water they tell you too, and don't dump out the water and put the packet in there. It makes it go farther and one feels me up. It also doesn't taste so salty and you have more water. Maybe that will work? I think the brown rice idea is good. One thing I use to do is do white rice with slpenda, I bet it would work with brown rice. Also, if you have eggs you can make Korean eggs. Which is put whatever you want in it basically but use a pan instead of a skillet, you put water in it and it makes a egg soup. I use lot of cayanne pepper and it's really good. Also, if you have canned soup, use 1/2 of what you normally use and serve it over rice. It fills you up quicker and makes the soup go twice as long. I use to be really poor so I have a few tricks. :) I love your outlook on this. You are only in this for a moment and something good can always come out of something bad. I'm so proud of you girl. You are amazing!

ghost
10-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Taylor, check out the hillbilly housewife website, it has lots of budget friendly information. including very low budget shopping lists, and menues to follow the foods you can buy on the shopping lists. It even give calorie counts for the meals you can prepare on the menus.

HWGA: 5 air filters! we had serious volcanic activity here, three volcanos active for most of the summer, and the closest one was spewing ash every couple of days, massive amounts of ash. So, my air filters suffered. We actually had a few days were we were requested to wear face masks because the air quality was so poor. The ash had sulferic acid in it too so we had to wash our cars everyday, my paint job looks very dull.

So, its official. I am sick. I have lung butter, a sore throat, achy everywhere and my head is pounding. Yet, I still managed to make it to work. And my son is sick, but I still sent him to school. We are pretending we are not sick.

So, can someone reiterate to me why you should or shouldn't excercise when you are sick? I did cardio last night and its what really made me feel like poo poo.

Here we go again
10-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Ghost- Um, I feel a little dumb that I had no idea that really happens in the US. I knew that there were active volcanos in the US, but not like that. Wow...

I say the Ostrich syndrome works for a while, just make sure that you listen to you body. I was sick last week and I took a day off exercising and I felt much better. I think it's different for everyone. I've heard that if you have a head cold or yucky lung stuff it's best not to do cardio... It's what I've heard, I'm not sure.

It's for sure Friday. I'm bored at work, but the day is half over.

HeatherMcG
10-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Hi Everyone!

The mouse is gone! He was in the trap this morning. I must give him props, he was a smart mouse! Listen to this: He hate the cheese off of 1 trap without setting it off, ate the peanut butter off of the traps after he set them both off, then last night when he was caught, he drug that trap about 2 feet under and behind a desk. Soooo creepy...... I hope he doesn't have any friends hiding. We are leaving the traps set for a little while longer.

So I had a good day at work today. The school had a field trips so me and the other girls were able to sit and put together a gazillion packets for parent night. But, we were laughing and listening to music so it wasn't much like work. I wish every Friday could be so enjoyable!

Blcarter84
10-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Alright everyone today is going pretty well. I had some oatmeal with raisins added this morning for breakfast and then I went to the gym and did some interval running and weights. Oh and guess what? It was like 80 2 days ago and now today it is SNOWING!!! I thought I got away frm all the snow....*sigh* hopefully it won't last long

artsnsmarts
10-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Taylor -- glad to see there's help on the way for you guys. It's DEFINITELY a character-building experience (I grew up in house that was in that situation every once in a while), but it'll be good when it's over. The good news is that water is free, and you can continue to drink TONS AND TONS to get rid of that sodium bloat.

I'm feeling a little more back on track...it's been hard since I've been sick!!! I'm VERY glad for a long weekend and am looking forward to being able to get to the gym on Sunday!! I'm so excited!

Here we go again
10-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Taylor -- glad to see there's help on the way for you guys. It's DEFINITELY a character-building experience (I grew up in house that was in that situation every once in a while), but it'll be good when it's over. The good news is that water is free, and you can continue to drink TONS AND TONS to get rid of that sodium bloat.

I'm feeling a little more back on track...it's been hard since I've been sick!!! I'm VERY glad for a long weekend and am looking forward to being able to get to the gym on Sunday!! I'm so excited!

That reminds me of growing up. My mom used to make these soups. They were always so good but she use to call them, "Momma aint got paid yet soup" or "Sweep the Kitchen soups" it taught me that you can make something good out of nothing add a little water, anything canned, and lots of seasoning.

caseygail21
10-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Hey Ladies, It's been a couple of days since I posted, I've been keeping up with everybody though. I just felt like I didn't have much to say. I have felt like crap the past few days. I have TMJ - I have a bite plate but it has not be helping and by the time I get home from work my head, jaw, ear, neck, and shoulder hurts so bad, I couldnt even imagine getting outside to walk.

On the other hand, I weighed in yesterday and I lost 1 pound. I know that number could have been a lot bigger if I would have exercised more, but it still is a loss and I'm happy about that.

Since I was able to sleep in today, I took a muscle relaxer last night, and I am feeling much better today. So, I'm planning on walking outside (another beautiful day) and I'm also going to work on the bow flex. Which is something I haven't done in a while.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay Healthy!:D

Here we go again
10-11-2008, 04:00 PM
So as y'all know, I've been frustrated with losing, b/c I'm losing inches and no weight. I have heard about calorie cycling so upped my calories yesterday. Between drinking them and eating them I did 3300. I woke up this morning and I was 281! Friday morning I was 285. This is back to my lowest weight which I don't understand why I gained anyway, but hopefully I'll start losing again. I just wanted to share. We'll see if it sticks.

caseygail21
10-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Here we go: That is great! I hate plateaus, I'm glad you got past yours!

Here we go again
10-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Casey- I'm not holding my breath. We'll see if I really did. I wish my body came with a manual.

BellaHTH
10-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I wish my body came with a manual.

Ditto. And a deflate button. ;)

HeatherMcG
10-11-2008, 07:46 PM
YAY! Here We Go! :cheer:

Can I just say that mosquitos really suck? lol no pun intended! I think I was bitten 1000 times today while we were doing yard work. UGGHH I am going to be a walking, itching mosquito bite tomorrow!

Iconised Ghost
10-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Ditto. And a deflate button. ;)

and a return to default button! :D

Chele615
10-11-2008, 10:58 PM
A deflate button would just make things so much easier!!! haha Sometimes I used to think about how if I could just go back in time, how I would make myself start on the healthy lifestyle thing much earlier on in life. Obviously, that will never happen, but it is still interesting to think about.

Haha...I am listening to my dad as he watches the Red Sox/Rays game and it's hilarious because I don't even have to watch the game. Just listening to his reactions tells me if something good or bad has happened ;) LOL Like right now, I hear lots of hooping and hollering. Red Sox must have done something good! haha

Jelbb
10-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Casey:
Congrats! Meh, a lb is at least a loss still! Way to go, m'dear! :D

HWGA:
:o My goodness darling, you're worried about the number not going down yet? Rock out with the inches being lost, baby!!! :D CONGRATS on inches! I don't know much about your exercising and weight loss history here, but if you're upping the exercise levels recently, you may be building more muscle as you lose weight. As a result... number stays the same... inches keep on sheddin'. ;) Possibility? Yay? Nay? (STILL, yay for the inches disappearing! Congraaaats!)

BellaHTH:
You are my idol. I laughed out loud. ;)

HeatherMcG:
I concur. Mosquitos are evil little bloodsuckers. I've somehow acquired a phobia of mosquitos over the years, moreso when I learned about the venom-type stuff and the blood sucking... eugh.

Iconised Ghost:
Can my default be Angelina Jolie's body? :)

Chele615:
Lol, have you ever seen that episode of Friends where Chandler wants to get out of helping with Thanksgiving dinner, so he pretends to be watching football by simply yelling at the TV every once in a while? :D

Iconised Ghost
10-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Sure :D as long as mine can be something equally as athletic

Chele615
10-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Jelbb....I loved that episode!! Actually, I loved pretty much every Friends episode!!! I miss that show :)

Jelbb
10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Iconised Ghost:
J-Lo? I'd take her booty in a heartbeat, muwaha. :D

Chele615:
I'd like to say I miss it, but I really don't, because I still watch it constantly, lol. I think one of my favourite things about my boyfriend is that he loves Friends, and quotes it constantly. He also sometimes intentionally does the nerdy nasally high-pitched laugh that Ross does when he feels awkward or is caught in a lie, hahaha. Makes me giggle. :D

Iconised Ghost
10-13-2008, 03:45 PM
im not sure i like her *** though, too bootylicious for my body, it would look completely out of place :D