Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Oct 6th

I guess I am first this morning.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. we went to see the bats but they never came out - they do that sometimes. So it was kind of a bust but no biggie. My son had phone because I guy was selling glow stick swords or light nabers as he calls them. He was able to sword fight some older boys so he was in total heaven. Of course, I ate like total poo all weekend but what else is new.

Oh and I got a dog! I have been wanting a dog for awhile but have no fence so in my yard. But this weekend my mom told me about the wireless fence that you just plug into the wall and the dog wears a recieved and voila - instant fence. I had done the underground one for my last dog but got poison ivy and after I spent two days burying, it didn't work (note to self: test as you go). Anyway, after she told me this I found a really cute dog at the animal control here and went out to see him. He was a little skittish but there was another one there who was really cute and great. We have named her Bob and she is seriously one of the best behaved dogs I have ever seen. So that was fun.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Morning All!

Sarah, what kind of dog is Bob? And why did you name her Bob? Do you have pics? Post one up top! We bought an invisible fence at WalMart and DH started installing it. It's pretty much done, but he has to find the collar and plug part for it. It's not buried yet, until he tests it, but we're hoping it works. It was around $100., compared to like $600 (from what I have heard) for the brand "invisible fence" that gets installed. I really hope it works because we have 3/4 acre and a very hyper 9 month old black lab puppy!

Karen, Praying everything goes well with the procedure this AM. Is DH home to help you out after? Or MIL (cringe)?

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #3  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparagus4sale View Post
I guess I am first this morning.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. we went to see the bats but they never came out - they do that sometimes. So it was kind of a bust but no biggie. My son had phone because I guy was selling glow stick swords or light nabers as he calls them. He was able to sword fight some older boys so he was in total heaven. Of course, I ate like total poo all weekend but what else is new.

Oh and I got a dog! I have been wanting a dog for awhile but have no fence so in my yard. But this weekend my mom told me about the wireless fence that you just plug into the wall and the dog wears a recieved and voila - instant fence. I had done the underground one for my last dog but got poison ivy and after I spent two days burying, it didn't work (note to self: test as you go). Anyway, after she told me this I found a really cute dog at the animal control here and went out to see him. He was a little skittish but there was another one there who was really cute and great. We have named her Bob and she is seriously one of the best behaved dogs I have ever seen. So that was fun.
Congrats on the doggy!!!! Enjoy him.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #4  

good morning!...happy monday!

we took little mario to see the movie "igor" yesterday...in the middle he was asking to go home...we stayed and watched the whole thing but not the best movie ever....shoudl have saw the chiuaua movie, heard it w

as really good...other than that weekend was good...dominic hung out here yesterday and a little on saturday...

sarah: congrats on the new dog!...sorry the bats didnt come out...would have been some great memories and pics...is this something you would be able to do again? are they around all year long?

lauren: good morning! have a great day!

guess i should get up, im in bed with my laptop and shouldnt be ... have a great day all!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #5  
Sarah

Hi Lauren - Bob is a total mutt but she looked like a shaggy dog. I say looked because for some reason they shaved a line from the top of her head all the way to her back so I just went ahead and shaved her all up. Now she looks like a terrier. She is gray with brown feet. I will have to get some pics taken of her but I kinda want to wait because she was so much cuter when she was all shaggy. As for the name, the other dog we were going to look at first was a boy and we decided that he looked like a Bob and were going to name him Bob. When we switched dogs to the girl, I figured Bob could work just as well. Naming animals in my household is always a little strange. we have two cats - one named Batman and one named Megatron and they are both girls. So, yeah, Bob is actually a normal name for us. And funny story - this other couple showed up and adopted the first dog and named him Bob.

The fence I bought was $300 and I think totally worth the $200 not to have to do it myself. Now if I had a husband, I would pay the $100 and make him do it.

Last edited by asparagus4sale; 10-06-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #6  
Sarah

Hi Christina - I took my son to see Igor a couple of weeks ago. He really liked it but is totally into monsters these days. Oh and I can go see the bats anytime. They are like 10 minutes from my house. So no biggie. It just gets boring because you don't know when exactly they are going to come out (or if they are) so you end up waiting for an hour or two sometimes. Because of that, we tend to go every couple of years. Oh and they fly south for the winter so they will be gone in November. I think they come back in March or something.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies, quick fly-by...

been really busy (as usual) and just haven't gotten on much. Lots going on, nothing major, a few minor things. Haven't weighed in a few days, might have gained a pound, but I don't want to know about it, so I'm staying away from the scale til at least Friday.

Alicia, good luck finding another job. Good idea to give notice, you have been so unhappy with that job.

Karen, hope things go well today. Be sure to take care of yourself.

Gotta roll. Lost my coupon book and need to get a new one, so off to the $ store before I pick up cadence.

Have a great day all!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #8  
LBH

Sarah, the funny thing about DH & the fence though...we have poison ivy somewhere on the property. DH hasn't seen it, but has gotten it at least 3-4 times since last Spring! Last time he went to the dr. for it, the dr. gave him an Rx to put on the fridge that says, "Do not do any yard work"!! I told him he was a trouble maker when I was there Friday! That's why it's taken all summer to get the darn thing done!
Old 10-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #9  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello Chickies!!!

Been gone off and on for the past two weeks. Sorry. I have just been so busy doing one thing or another, cleaning, boycotting the gym etc. Well I am back into the gym again . Full Swing, no part time occasionl visits. I pay for the membership, I like going to the gym... I am not not going to go to it because I am bummed.
My food choices have been good lately too . Have been doing more drinking though, only on the weekends . So not All That Bad- Right!!
I've lost another lb, so need to update the ticker... but it comes off so s-l-o-w-l-y. I am so antsy to rid of it. Thank goodness it is getting cooler here, so more layers and no more shorts and tanks. ... the cooler months will be my push, push, push to look Hot for the Summer Goal.

Now onto personals...

asparagus4sale --- BATS!!! EEK!! reading that has given me the chills. Bob sounds cute- can't wait to see pix of her.

Christina --- How old is your lil one? I ask, because mine are younger and wasn't sure if the age thing might of played into not like Igor the movie.

pmasci --- Hey you... your week sounds a lot like mine lately.... Busy, Busy, Busy. HOpe you arte able to slow down a bit and enjoy some Me Time, and of course be happily surprised on the scale.

LBH --- What was that doc thinking, writing an Rx telling your dh no more yard work. Crazy doctor.

Well I have a few things I need to get done. Chat with ya's all later.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Howdy Chickies!

Sarah ~ "Bob" is a fine name. LOL at the kitty named Megatron. I'm fascinated by bats. They used to creep me out but DS got really into them and drug me along for the ride.

Lauren ~ LOL at the RX! That doctor is a bad influence.

SBD ~ howdy!

Christina ~ You're on your laptop before getting out of bed? You are seriously addicted Girlie. Glad to hear that all is well with Dominic.

Pammie-Baby (alias: Sunshine Girl) ~ it's good hearing from you. I know what you mean about life being busy. Thankfully, it's nothing major on this end either. Just lots and lots of "stuff."

Pear ~ yeah, you're back at the gym! Good for you for getting back in the saddle.

I have definitely been knocked off the wagon... My eating was out of control this weekend. We had company; lots of snacking and sweets. I set my alarm for extra early this a.m. to get out of bed and exercise. The alarm went off and on I slept... I have to get my rear in gear again.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #11  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

This looks like a fun idea, daily chat threads! I look forward to getting to know you all!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #12  
LBH

Hi RangerChic! Hop right in and join us!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #13  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Been re-listening to my Jillian Michaels' podcasts today at work. She's such a motivator! Thankfully, I get to escape this place in a little over 30 minutes. Must do laundry though, ugh.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all... just checking in. I have been going crazy with my job and I think I might be developing an ulcer. My stomach hurts so bad when I start to get stressed... I think I might have to make a doctors appointment. It's really bad if my stomach is empty.

Anyway, I have decided that my health is more important than this stupid job... DAMN economy is keeping people from calling me back when I send a resume (and I've sent out tons of them). Sooooo.... I have been putting in applications wherever and whenever I can and I have an interview with Bed, Bath & Beyond tomorrow night for part-time with the potential to be a supervisor in a few months. I really hope that something comes of it.

Welcome to all the newbies!! You will love it here and I apologize if I seem like I'm whining... it's not intentional... just getting the best of me.

Congrats on the puppy Asparagus!!!

Have good night everyone!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hey guys,

Just a fly-by. The procedure was fine, no pain at all. My throat hurts from the breathing tube way more than the mild cramps I was having when I first woke up. Funny: I remember them calling my name and telling me to open my eyes. I remember opening my eyes. But I can't remember seeing anything! How bizarre is that!

Have a great evening all!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote