20-Somethings - sh3l5

View Full Version : sh3l5

sh3l5
10-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Images to prove i still have weight to loose....
look at the handles....
and the legs....

opinions are gratefully received as always....

FreeSpirit
10-04-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't think you need to lose anymore weight at all!

If you're uncomfortable with the shape of your body then you should focus more on exercise and building and strengthening your muscles, NOT losing more weight!

junebug41
10-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't see what you see. I see someone who is very thin. Whether or not you're eating enough is hardly for me to judge, but your posts recently suggest to me that you might want to consider talking to someone. Losing weight as rapidly as you have can cause your body image to get out-of-whack and I think you would benefit from talking to a professional to help you bring it back into focus before it gets out of hand. I only say this because I have been there.

sh3l5
10-04-2008, 03:59 PM
u have a similar goal to mine atm....
are you going to stop when you reach your goal....
even if you are still unhappy with certain areas?....

iriswhispers
10-04-2008, 04:04 PM
you look very thin to me! i agree with lovelypurple, that focusing on strength and muscle tone might be your best bet at the moment if you are still unhappy with your shape.

FreeSpirit
10-04-2008, 04:06 PM
u have a similar goal to mine atm....
are you going to stop when you reach your goal....
even if you are still unhappy with certain areas?....

My body is how it is. I will never have an hour glass shape, no matter how thin I get. My calves will always be monstorous, no matter how thin I get.

It's not about perfection, sh3l5. It's about health, and doing what's best for your body. I understand how frustrating it is to not be happy with your body, but that doesn't mean that you should resort to be unhealthy in order to make yourself happy. When in realty, if your body image is warped, you're never going to be happy.

I've suffered from an eating disorder for the past 6 years. I'm mostly recovered right now, but I have my moments where I look in the mirror and see the same person I was at 234 lbs. I have moments where I feel like I'm not going to be happy until I'm 110 lbs again. But it's NOT true. I've spent years with therapists and treatments learning about myself and what my triggers are and WHY I feel the way I do, and even now I fully don't understand it.

It's hard to admit you have a problem, and I am no person to judge whether you do or not. But you need to stop for a minute, take a step back, and realize what's important to you.

Like I said before, if you're unhappy with how your body looks try upping your calories to maitenence level and try to start weight training and see your body change WITHOUT having to loose more weight and become unhealthy.

I really hope the best for you.

Spoz
10-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I think what june is saying is that the areas you are unhappy with are because of your own perspective, not nessecarily because they are 'bad'.

Millions of anorexic girls look in the mirror and see obese people.. I don't want to tell you what to do but I completely agree with June, it's easier to see things out of focus.

ChileanChick
10-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Wow, you look great! I totally love your waist...

Mmm how long has it taken to loose all the weight? (just bcause someone pointed out that it was rather quick)

I think you look really really good

sh3l5
10-04-2008, 04:14 PM
i signed up in jan 2006....
its taken me that long to get where i am....
in the past 4 months i have shed the last 2-3 stone ive lost....

junebug41
10-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Ok, time frame aside, I still stand by my original post.

ChileanChick
10-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Totally off topic... what is a stone?

And really, I think u look great!

Annita
10-04-2008, 04:22 PM
i see a thin person. ^^
You have a flat stomach that i would die for. ^^

At your current weight, and with your body, i don't think you need to lose more weights. What i'm thinking is you should work with your body to tone up lower part :)

I, also have same height, almost same weights, and almost same proportion of body too. What i always hate is my hip, legs. I used to try to down my lbs in hope that my leg will look skinnier but they didn't. So now, what i'm focusing in is toning hard my legs, hip and abs. I think that's also what you should focus on as well.

Please, don't starve yourself. I know many of us here had give this advise but I still want to second it again. For about 7 years of eating disorder experiences, I just know that you will never have the body you dream of even if you don't eat enough. Exercises always is the key so please keep toning your body, but please don't eat too little.

I hope my advice can help you :) Lots of love for you since you're really my inspiration with all the hardwork you've done to get where you are now.

Taylor86
10-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I think you look great and I agree I would rather see you tone than loose more weight.

You should be so proud of yourself!

JulieJ08
10-04-2008, 05:05 PM
100% truth: I have absolutely no idea where you are seeing "handles."

Are you doing any strength training? I think you might be *very* pleased with what it does for you.

Blcarter84
10-04-2008, 05:06 PM
You look fabulous Shel!! i would kill to have th body that you do. It's great to have some curves ya know!! IT proves you are a woman!

UrsusMaritimus
10-04-2008, 05:19 PM
You look amazing and certainly don't need to lose any more weight!

The thing is (and I know I'm just repeating what others have said) very few of us are ever going to look in the mirror and be completely satisfied with what we see. Our perceptions of ourselves has been warped by a culture that promotes completely unrealistic beauty standards for women. We've been conditioned to dislike ourselves, to never be satisfied with our bodies.

Why not try maintaining for a while and see how you feel?

Iconised Ghost
10-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I also think you look great. If you want to lose more, then of course you can try, its just the manner that you are doing it, eating so little isnt likely to be the best way to go about losing what you see as that last little bit. We just want you to be healthy :hug:

angelanicole23
10-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I think you look fab and really there is no need to lose much more...just work on getting toned and feeling fit! I'd kill for that flat stomach :)

staja
10-04-2008, 06:58 PM
I just want to say that I wished I had the courage to post a picture of myself on the boards - you look gorgeous, and I would kill for legs like yours - my calves look like tree trunks from lugging nearly 300 pounds around :( Yours are so shapely and feminine!

Also, I see no "handles", just hips, which women are supposed to have. (I promise!)

I know how hard it is to look in the mirror and see any sort of change in yourself. I still see myself as nearly 300 pounds, even though I've lost 60. But, I have clothing and measurements as proof of the changes my body has made!

Please, just be safe - maybe meet with your doctor or a nutritionist to discuss a healthy diet for losing the last few pounds you want to, and a maintainance diet. Also, if you belong to a gym, meet with a trainer to put together a toning work out for you. I wish you the best!

sh3l5
10-05-2008, 04:10 AM
thanks people....
for your opinions and concern....
i am going to sit down today and work out how many calories i do eat....
and what i should be eating....
and take everything else from there....

JamieJo
10-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Honey - There are not handles...they are hips...

I honestly think you should go an be evaluated by a doctor. You are seeing fat that just isn't there. Anyone going from 200ish pounds to where you are at is going to have some extra skin. Go see a doctor and make sure you are living to be healthy, not unhealthy skinny....

Do you have people that you physically talk to in your life about your weight loss goals? What do they think?

It really is a great feeling to be skinny and you have done a great job lossing the weight but I think you should be no lower then 130 being 5'7. Some of your postings have made me wonder if you are on the edge of being unhealthy and these pictures clarify that you might want to take a step back and ask yourself if this is a healthy weight for you... You look VERY skinny now and really don't need to loose anymore weight.

Again, great job on the weightloss...just remember that it is about your health too.

Glory87
10-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Hey :) I'm a similar height/weight and I want to say that you are a thin person. I sometimes don't see a thin person in my mirror either, I just see big thighs. But, losing weight did not change my body's shape. I was a pear when I was big, and I'm a pear now. My upper half is very thin - I have collarbones that could cut glass! In order to get my bottom half where I would want it IDEALLY I would have to emaciate my upper half.

It is very hard to decide when you're done losing weight. Please don't look at your body through the filter of the media - no one looks as perfect as women in fashion magazines - not even them! Look at your body as a REAL woman, you are lovely and don't need to lose any more weight.

I think weight training (heavy lifting) would give you more of the shape you want without punishing your body with low calories :)

sh3l5
10-05-2008, 01:42 PM
judging by my pics....
wot body shape do i have?....

kittycat40
10-05-2008, 01:48 PM
you have a gorgeous hourglass!!

UrsusMaritimus
10-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Yep, I'd say hourglass. Lucky you!!!!

Annita
10-05-2008, 02:28 PM
yes it does look like you have hourglass shape ^^

LindsayL0ve
10-05-2008, 02:39 PM
i really do have to agree with JamieJo.
those aren't lovehandles, they are hips, and i think that you are already skinny.
And as everyone else says, you have a wonderful hourglass shape.

beaka
10-05-2008, 03:21 PM
You look great! Curves are a beautiful thing!

kelly315
10-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree with a lot of the posts here...you look very thin! I don't see any extra fatty places. If you're still not happy, then some lean muscle would probably be more beneficial than losing any more weight!

lointhecity
10-12-2008, 04:44 AM
I sooo get where your are coming from. I think you just need to burn more calories exercising and eat more cals from vegetables. So, my advice up exercise and up good calories... you have a rockin waist, btw.

sh3l5
10-12-2008, 05:13 AM
up exercise?....
i do 70 minutes everyday and have a VERY strenous job!....
even manage a half hour walk at lunch times....

lointhecity
10-12-2008, 05:24 AM
maybe make it a jog?? and remember to up the calories!!

sh3l5
10-12-2008, 06:34 AM
and what exercise do you do in a day?....

lointhecity
10-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Whatever I feel like, I'm not particularly driven by weightloss anymore.

Lately, I get up with my sister at 5.30am and we get to the gym by 6, there I do cardio machines, my ab work and whatever is my target zone of the day. They give me workout rutines at my gym, I just follow them. I'm at home by 8am... If I skip the gym, and I feel like exercising I do workout videos.

I feel a lot better. I've also stopped using my scale cause I see no benefits. I just know that I'm eating healthy and that I'm exercising and that I look better. I also feel a lot less pressure to do things "perfectly", which has been a problem for me in the past. I actually stopped doing everything cause nothing I did ever satisfied me. Just doing things cause I want to seems to work. Last Friday, I bought my first size 26 (4 in US sizes, I think) jeans. I was so happy I celebrated with some soy ice cream... lol.

oh, and btw, I know I might've come on as rude for saying "I get where you're coming from blah blah blah", but I just meant that I know what it feels like wanting to be at your best shape. The advice I gave you has worked for me in the past. Hope it helps you too!!

sh3l5
10-12-2008, 08:18 AM
you must understand i am being criticised quite a bit on the boards atm....
mainly for the way i am eating but also because i want to loose more weight....
ideally i want to be 119lbs, but when i hit my 126lb target i shall start the maintenance process....
if i loose more then i do, if i dont but maintain i will still be happy....
as long as i am still exercising i will see benefits....
both physically and mentally....

lointhecity
10-12-2008, 08:31 AM
I think it is none of anyone's business what your goal weight is. If you want to lose more weight, you should. It's your body and no one knows it better than you. If you feel your BEST body would be achieve at 126, then go for it, I say!! As long as you don't neglect your health, achieving an esthetic weight doesnt seem like a bad idea. The only way I know how to do that is filling your body with vitamins from vegetables and fruits and good foods. Exercising helps shape the body.
Anyway, I think we should all do whatever we want. Live and let live.

sh3l5
10-12-2008, 10:53 AM
as far as i am aware i am not doing it in an unhealthy way....
so heres for 126 goal by November 1st....
and i will take the rest from there!....