Old 10-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Patience...going crazy!

Sometimes, after I've had some success in weight loss, it seems impossible to just be patient and wait for more loss to occur naturally.

It feels like I'm going crazy! I want to find a way to lose faster, even though I'm already losing 3 pounds a week. (arg, and watching the biggest loser doesn't help!) I hate it when I feel like this, because it doesn't seem healthy to think about it so much, I know I should just do what I can and keep balanced instead of obsessing...but, arg!

Anyone else have this problem, or have any advice on how to stay patient??
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/244/150

Height: 5'9"

I do the same thing, and don't have a clue how to stop obsessing. But I am slightly obsessive compulsive, so I have learned to just deal with it. (with everything not just weight loss). I have a problem with not seeing results emmediatly then giving up and saying, well if I am not going to lose, I might as well enjoy eating. I am trying not to do that this time. So I guess just hang in there!!
ducky0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6.5

I think the majority of us are in that same boat. This message board helps me because it makes me realize that I'm not crazy and there are a lot of other people who are obsessive just like me. I just seem to stick around 165 no matter if I eat 5000 calories a day or 1500! But I know it takes awhile so I'm just making myself stick with it this time! 3 pounds a week is awesome. Keep it up.
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #4  
Dorm Dieter

There are 3 tricks you can try

1)Weigh yourself less. Even if it's only once a week, try and wait a few more days (or hours). You get really excited about getting on a scale to see progress, and you feel 20 pounds lighter but it's really only 3.

2)Put down mini weight goals that are easy for you. Like 2.5 pounds a week, this gives you some leeway, and when you go over a little you can feel super awesome

3)Think in terms of total weight lost. When you get on the scale just add that extra three pounds and say "Aha! I have lost 30 pounds. Go me!" And proceed to carrot dance

Bonus: Ignore the biggest loser. Every moment of their lives is centered around loosing weight. They've got a panel of professionals to train them, and entire days packed full of exercise. You can't give up your life to loose the 12lbs a week they can, but you're doing much better than alot of us! Keep up the good work

have another carrot.
huggamouse is offline   Reply With Quote