20-Somethings - Patience...going crazy!

View Full Version : Patience...going crazy!

kelly315
10-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Sometimes, after I've had some success in weight loss, it seems impossible to just be patient and wait for more loss to occur naturally.

It feels like I'm going crazy! I want to find a way to lose faster, even though I'm already losing 3 pounds a week. (arg, and watching the biggest loser doesn't help!) I hate it when I feel like this, because it doesn't seem healthy to think about it so much, I know I should just do what I can and keep balanced instead of obsessing...but, arg!

Anyone else have this problem, or have any advice on how to stay patient??:?:

ducky0224
10-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I do the same thing, and don't have a clue how to stop obsessing. But I am slightly obsessive compulsive, so I have learned to just deal with it. (with everything not just weight loss). I have a problem with not seeing results emmediatly then giving up and saying, well if I am not going to lose, I might as well enjoy eating. I am trying not to do that this time. So I guess just hang in there!!

JamieJo
10-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I think the majority of us are in that same boat. This message board helps me because it makes me realize that I'm not crazy and there are a lot of other people who are obsessive just like me. I just seem to stick around 165 no matter if I eat 5000 calories a day or 1500! But I know it takes awhile so I'm just making myself stick with it this time! 3 pounds a week is awesome. Keep it up.

huggamouse
10-04-2008, 01:56 PM
There are 3 tricks you can try :)

1)Weigh yourself less. Even if it's only once a week, try and wait a few more days (or hours). You get really excited about getting on a scale to see progress, and you feel 20 pounds lighter but it's really only 3.

2)Put down mini weight goals that are easy for you. Like 2.5 pounds a week, this gives you some leeway, and when you go over a little you can feel super awesome

3)Think in terms of total weight lost. When you get on the scale just add that extra three pounds and say "Aha! I have lost 30 pounds. Go me!" And proceed to carrot dance :carrot:

Bonus: Ignore the biggest loser. Every moment of their lives is centered around loosing weight. They've got a panel of professionals to train them, and entire days packed full of exercise. You can't give up your life to loose the 12lbs a week they can, but you're doing much better than alot of us! Keep up the good work :)

have another carrot. :carrot: