Old 10-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Scale, are you playing games with me?

So today was a kinda blah day. Meaning I woke up and looked in the mirror and thought-today is a fat day. Yesterday I felt really skinny and then today, just felt fat again. sigh. i was telling my friend i think it's my subconcious way of keeping myself in check and on a diet.

so i always do my official weigh in on tues morning first thing in the morning in my pjs. But i usually end up cheating on the weekends so i'm not so sure how accurate this in. anywho, i also usually check periodically throughout the week (really whenever i see the scale and just think, why not?).

so today at like 6-so well after i'd eaten breakfast and lunch, in just underwear and bra i hopped onto the scale and it said 147.5 lbs. I'm really not sure what to think about that-bc on tuesday it was at like 151.7. hmm, could the pj pants and shirt add THAT much weight?

And honestly, it made me kinda sad to think that this is 12 lbs away from my goal. bc i thought i would look a lot different than this by this point. i might have to lower my goal wieght now...
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #2  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry you had a fat day. I've been having those more often than not lately, even though I know I look SOOO much better than I did a few months ago.

I may lower my goal weight a bit too - by five pounds, maybe. I'm getting close, but it seems like there's still plenty of flab to lose.

Damn scale... I will be SO HAPPY the day I step on and I'm under 150.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i feel the same....
n im getting negative comments because i want to move my goal posts....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

The closer you get to your goal weight, the less amount of weight it's going to take to make a difference on your body.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 PM   #5  
One step at a time!

S/C/G: 187/ticker/120

Height: 5'7

I´d suggest to first get to your goal and then determine if you want to loose more or not, sometimes a few lbs make a BIG difference... and it´s common that after reaching goals people change them..
And, maybe it would be good to change your WI days.. I mean, if u usually have bad weekends maybe friday is a good day and it will motivate you to stay OP the weekend
ChileanChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #6  
You need me!

sorry you had a fat day. I get the way, but usually it happens all in one day. lol.
and as for your weight, i would say this to you. My sister decided one summer to go on a diet and she stuck with it all summer, until school started well I remember her telling me I don't look and feel as if I had lost as much weight i was hoping for. I told her she was crazy. but since I saw her every single second of the day I didn't really take notice either.
well when we went back to school, EVERYONE told her how much weight she had lost and how good she looked. And she finally saw that she had reached her goal, its just since she saw herself everyday she never really paid attention.
I hope you understand what Im trying to get at.
LindsayL0ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #7  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
im getting negative comments because i want to move my goal posts....
You're not getting negative comments for changing your goal, but because it seems to some of us like you might be taking drastic steps to get there. People are just concerned and want to make sure you're doing OK.

Last edited by UrsusMaritimus; 10-04-2008 at 03:50 PM.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

You might find that adding some strength training at this point makes a bigger difference in how you look than lowering your goal does.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote