Goal! - One Year Later

View Full Version : One Year Later

LisaMarie71
10-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I hit my goal of 165 exactly a year ago today. There's a long post about it somewhere in the depths of the Goal forum. I felt truly wonderful last year -- I had become a runner (having run a half marathon and becoming a cross country coach) and was in size 8 and 10 clothes. I even had size small running shorts, for God's sake! I planned to lose a bit more and get really fit, and I planned to run a full marathon within the next year. Then I realized how silly it is to make plans! I got pregnant (found out for sure on December 18) and things really changed!

I'd been trying to get pregnant for many years with no success. I firmly believe that my problems were a direct result of my obesity, and that it's no coincidence that as soon as I got to a healthy BMI I got pregnant at 36 without actually "trying."

I considered trying to eat really healthy food only and keeping my weight gain to a minimum, but I got REALLY hungry all the time, and REALLY tired, and I quite simply just gave in to it. I ate far too much while pregnant. I also stopped running (because of some scary bleeding early in the pregnancy after short runs) and I didn't walk that much. I tried to keep up with the walking but I had a great deal of pelvic pain (during labor I found out why -- apparently one of my pelvic bones sort of displaced itself -- the poor baby got stuck behind it in labor -- ouch!) So with a combo of poor eating and very little exercise, I gained about 75-80 pounds while pregnant!!

I'm still at about 225, far from my goal of 165. Today, since it was my one-year goal anniversary, I tried to do a little run for the first time since December. I walked 5 minutes, then did a light jog for 10, then a cool down walk for 5. It was soooo hard to run for 10 minutes, but I did it. That simple fact tells me that I can get back to my goal, and can even surpass the goals I'd set for myself before. I refuse to go back to the way things were before I changed my life last year. I owe it to myself and to my new son to be the healthiest, happiest person I can be.

I'll attach a picture of the baby -- he's so worth all this!! :) He was born on August 7 and I'm so in love with him I can't stand it.

Anyway, just wanted to post something on my anniversary to sort of make an official declaration that I'm on my way BACK to goal weight.

WebRover
10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow! Congratulations. Baby's really cute.

You did it once, you know you can do it again. Good for you for getting back on the journey.

bargoo
10-04-2008, 12:02 AM
He is a beautiful little boy. You will get back to goal, you have already made the first few steps.

jtammy
10-04-2008, 12:54 AM
LisaMarie, I have every faith that you will once again be at goal. You have such an inspiring story, with becoming a runner, then a coach, then getting pregnant after deciding that wasn't destined to be in your future. It just gives me goosebumps thinking about all of the wonderful things that you have added to your life. I look forward to watching you make it to your goal again. :hug:

EZMONEY
10-05-2008, 10:18 PM
The way :cool: cool :cool: thing about this LISA is that you know where you are at...you know what to do about it....you know what you have been blessed with....you know how to get back on track...you know where you used to be....you know that that is no longer an option with that little guy depending on you....

and that my dear friend is just way :cool: cool :cool: :hug:

suenami
10-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Congrats on the sweet little fellow and your decision to get back on track! You CAN do it!

cakses
10-10-2008, 02:47 PM
The way I think about it is this: the second time you gained weight it was to bring an amazing little boy into the world. You most definitely get "off the hook" with that girl so long as you get back out there again! I have often wondered where you went and I'm very excited to see you back. Your son is beautiful and worth every pound - but now let's get rid of it! Jogging strollers are a Godsend! Welcome back and congratulations!

looking2lose2
10-24-2008, 03:05 PM
That's when you know that you've made it...when you can start celebrating anniversaries! Congrats!:carrot:

H8cake
10-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Awww!!! What a sweet story. Congrat's to you on the beautiful baby that will bring you so much joy. You are doing great by attacking the weight gain now instead of waiting until the baby is eighteen like I did :fr:

jahjah1223
10-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Awwww he is sooo adorable!!

HilaryAnne
10-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Your baby is soo adorable! Good Luck!!

Lackie
10-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Oh MY! He is gorgeous!! :) Totally worth the weight and working it all off again!

djs06
10-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Lisa, he's beautiful!

You've been an inspiration to me and I know you can do it again. :hug:

cinlo
10-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Congrats on your beautiful boy, and you're bound to do great with your weight loss!

iluvfall
10-25-2008, 10:38 PM
What a little cutie! You did it once, you can do it again! :) Good luck!

rdw1
10-25-2008, 11:00 PM
COngrats on the cute cute little one! And, you did it once you can do it again!!!! This forum is soooo helpful, as you know! Good luck, but you won't need it because you know what you have to do ;)

rinku
10-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey..

Everything that happened with you in the past or in the present looks like the part of the big plan the destiny holds for you...you have been an inspiration in the past...then you showed us that miracles do happen by giving birth to the baby..and then by getting back to your goals displays your determination..you're such a big inspiration for so many over here and pride to your baby.

Keep it up..we all know that you'll do it..its just a matter of few months and we'd be ready for another goal story from you. :)