20-Somethings - 20-ish anti-disaster weekenders

View Full Version : 20-ish anti-disaster weekenders

ghost
10-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Thought I'd start our weekend chat thread today, I'm so glad its friday in at least one way...no work tomorrow...but, there is a lot of food at mi casa and I'm very afraid!

DRose
10-03-2008, 04:07 PM
I am sooo glad to be done with my first week of classes, it has been incredibly hectic. I am also thrilled because I lost 2.2 lbs this week!!! :carrot:

So tonight I will allow myself a treat, but will get back on board tomorrow. I just hope I can resist the amazing breakfast buffet in my dorm on Saturday and Sunday.

ghost
10-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I remember college food...buffet style on campus...even the salad was "greasy" lol! I do not envy campus dwellers! Our food court at my school was dubbed "the chub" instead of the its real name "the club"...lol!

sh3l5
10-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I have treated myself tonight....
ive had a cheese and onion roll and a few chips....
so glad its Friday night, been so exhausted due to this cold all week....
hopefully i will be able to recover over the weekend....
im just heading off to watch little britain does america....
anyone seen any of it yet!?....

ghost
10-03-2008, 04:26 PM
I have treated myself tonight....
ive had a cheese and onion roll and a few chips....
so glad its Friday night, been so exhausted due to this cold all week....
hopefully i will be able to recover over the weekend....
im just heading off to watch little britain does america....
anyone seen any of it yet!?....

I've never even heard of it, must be a UK thing (little britain does america).

I have jalapeno cheese rolls at home which are my fav, can't wait for my lunch break so I can go there and eat one.

DRose
10-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh my gosh! I used to watch Little Britain online a lot, it is SOOO funny. I haven't seen Little Britain Does America but I'm sure it's hilarious.

And yes, campus food isn't anything to write home about :-P However, they put a new burrito place in and I've gone there 3 times just this week. First I got a vegetarian burrito, then twice I got a rice bowl which is SOOO good. It has mexican rice, black beans, shredded cheese, salsa, and I add some guacamole. Yums!

UrsusMaritimus
10-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't think I could do any worse this weekend than I have all week. I've basically been on a week-long binge. I didn't even bother to weigh myself today - I just don't want to know right now.

Think I'll use the weekend as a recovery period... :/

kelli32
10-03-2008, 06:06 PM
I have friends that have graduated coming back to town this weekend. They always want to go to all their favorite places to eat instead of cooking something. The food isn't the problem its the pitchers of beer that my friends always order.. i heart beer

ghost
10-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I heart wine, which in a way can be healthy in moderation but I take it to a level that is unhealthy (such as my, I'm having a bottle of wine instead of dinner level).

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I should be alright this weekend...I won't be home tomm...and I don't really eat kid birthday party food...hot dogs, chips, ice creme, cake..ick! I'm straight. Of course, if I see a hot link, I'm in trouble.

ghost
10-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Okay, dammit, another thing to add to my growing list of things I desperatly need: spinach, wine, pumpkin spice smoothie, jalapeno cheese roll, hot link...

it just keeps getting longer. I'm glad that at home I only have two of the items on my list. I think I'll lock my bank card up in the narcotics lock box at work this weekend like I did during my nacho ordeal...

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 08:25 PM
OMG, do you know there are 500 calories in 1 freaking hot link? that's without the bun and the honey barbecue sauce. It ain't worth it.

goodness, now I REALLY want a jalapeno popper...

ghost
10-03-2008, 08:29 PM
jalapenos are my one true love. put a jalapeno on it and I'll eat it.

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 08:32 PM
jalapenos are my one true love. put a jalapeno on it and I'll eat it.

Woman, that is a dare waiting to happen...;)

just keep swimming
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
What's a hot link?

Taylor86
10-03-2008, 09:51 PM
LOL, you are such a cute veggie Jess. Hot links are kinda like hot dogs...only more...link-ish. (that was the most profound thing I have said all week. lol)

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 09:53 PM
OMG! I'm dying...more link-ish...I'm need a moment. LMAO!

just keep swimming
10-03-2008, 10:31 PM
...what? :lol: I love the random conversations we get into on these threads.

Google seems to think a hot link is some kind of computer programming term...

ANYWAY, I am in for not having a disastrous weekend!

Blcarter84
10-04-2008, 02:45 AM
Jeez ladies this food you are all talking about sounds soooo good! When I got home my boyfriend had made some roasted pumpkin and chicken for dinner...it was soooo good!! I am glad that it was really healthy though!! Didn't need any temptation so late at night after work. Hopefully this weekend will go really well and I can work out super hard also!!

sh3l5
10-04-2008, 03:27 AM
im off for a nice early morning walk before my workout....
give me shed time to warm up....
just fuelled up on some bran flakes....

Iconised Ghost
10-04-2008, 03:34 AM
well my saturday is nearly over, and it was going fine until dinner! I've logged my calories as 50 over my limit (i know, not a lot, thats fine) but since then i've had a couple of jelly snakes and a biscuit. Why am i doing this to myself

Ok im over it :D Only 3 and a half hours until its a new day

sh3l5
10-04-2008, 07:40 AM
ive just had a hot white chocolate....
my god it was gorgeous....
about to settle down to some mixed veggies and fish....
hehe, then im guna make some pizza woop woop!....

i am still trying
10-04-2008, 08:19 AM
today I am writing down ALL my calories. There, i said it and I am doing it.
That's all :)

sh3l5
10-04-2008, 08:58 AM
im preparing the story of sh3l5....
going to be published on the boards later today hopefully....

Blcarter84
10-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Ok so far I have measured out my cereal instead of just filling the bowl up!! I know that's where some extra calories hang out. i had been avoiding cereal recently because of this. Well off to thegym I go(cardio & weights today)

sh3l5
10-04-2008, 01:56 PM
pizza came out really well....
glad i only had two pieces....
ate a small bread roll and a bread roll with cheese in....
and a few cakes, damn cakes they are my downfall....
lucky i did that extra bit of cardio this afternoon....
im feeling bad for eating so many cakes, but my excuse is im ill still and in need of the energy!....

UrsusMaritimus
10-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Saturday is off to a good start for me. Ran a mile and lifted weights this morning, had a piece of toast with peanut butter for breakfast and a turkey sandwich with Laughing Cow and some broccoli and hummus for lunch.

I'm trying to save up my calories today because I'm going out to dinner (DANGER!) in Denver tonight. I have just under 1000 left... I think that should be enough!

Taylor86
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Saturday started off rough for me. Pancakes and bacon....ugh. Althought I only had 1.5 pancakes and 1 pieces of bacon so it didn't ruin my whole day. I am planning on some progresso soup and tuna for lunch and chicken with whole grain pasta and broccoli for dinner.

sh3l5
10-04-2008, 03:35 PM
im off to bed now to watch some tv....
hehe, Sunday tomorrow, the lazy day of the week!....
Wooohooo!, mite give me some time to reflect on peoples opinions....

sh3l5
10-05-2008, 03:12 AM
i decided to weigh my breakfast this morning....
all in part of working out how many calories i eat a day....
come to 30g - and with the milk the box says thats 157 calories....
that does suprise me!....

sh3l5
10-05-2008, 08:41 AM
after breakfast i did my 50 minute work out....
took my brother to work....
and came home to do a 20km ride on the bike....
it estimated a 500 calorie burn....

for lunch i have just eaten....
cabbage, runner beans, piece of pork and gravy (est 313 calories)....
and for pudding blackberry & apple crumble, home made (est 243 calories)....
so that puts me on 713 calories for the day so far....

since lunch i have completed my 20 minute workout of turbo jam....
and will proceed to complete another bike ride later on in the day, same duration as before....

i will update with evening calories later on in the day....
apologies, its just my way of keeping accountable at this moment in time....

on a side note i have purchased a dress online....
one for the dinner dance in November where i want to wow so many people....
it is a halterneck rar rar type dress....
hopefully it will fit....
:)

Annita
10-05-2008, 08:52 AM
@sh3l5: congratulation on purchase a dress. It will wow lots of people, i'm sure ^-^

i am still trying
10-05-2008, 09:10 AM
sh315-

I have been holding off commenting for a little while. i think that it is a very good idea that you are today checking how many calories you have been consuming daily to make sure first of all that it is enough to live on and also to see it it is a lifestyle you can keep up with (including the amount of exercise)!

I know that some people loose weight faster than others, and we have been psedu-buddies since we ha similar goals. I don't think your goal weight is too low but perhaps the rapid loss is what is of concern to some people. Take a couple days to reflect of what you're going on your plan.

PS- from your progress pick I think you look great and I think you dont need to loose anymore. Do weight resistance now and I think you'll see the results you want in regards to toning.

UrsusMaritimus
10-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Morning everyone.

So, dinner out last night was rough - Indian food! I completely stuffed myself, blah!

But, I'm back on track today. Had my morning smoothie, planning a turkey sandwich and some veggies for lunch.

I weighed this morning and found that I am a few pounds over my ticker weight... Not surprising since I was sick all last week, ate horribly, and didn't work out, but it makes me feel kinda bad. Hopefully it will come off relatively quickly!

sh3l5
10-05-2008, 01:17 PM
i finished off the day with a yoghurt and a gala apple for tea (175 calories)....
so that makes me 888 calories for the day....
that does REALLY suprise me considering i eat most on Sundays!!....
i just havent been hungry after my roast lunch and cant force myself to eat when not hungry....
maybe i shud be introducing more food into my diet....

Taylor86
10-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Only 888 calories for the day after working out and burning 500? That really worries me.. a lot. I am concerned for you, sh3l5...you aren't eating enough. And did to you work out 4 times today????

beaka
10-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Being at home isn't my downfall. It's going out! Drinks and appetizers!

Last night I had a Carona and pineapple juice with rum. I just hate that when I go out I'm still thinking about calories in my head. It's hard being the girl focused on calorie intake on party night.

On nights in, I've made a really good version of spinach dip. I just mix up fat free sour cream, fat free mozerella, and a box of frozen spinach. My friends can't tell the difference, and I don't feel as bad about eating it.

UrsusMaritimus
10-05-2008, 02:37 PM
maybe i shud be introducing more food into my diet....

Absolutely. You should be eating a MINIMUM of 1200 calories a day. Given the amount of exercise you're getting, you should probably eat even more than that.

You might not be hungry because your body has gotten used to living on so little food. Our tummies shrink when we eat small amounts. Or you may be so used to feeling hungry that you don't even notice the physical signs anymore.

Do you think you could try slowly increasing your food intake? Maybe this week, try to eat 150 calories more everyday? The next week, add another 100 - an so on, until you're eating at least 1200 a day?

I'm also really worried about you. If you can't get yourself to eat more, I really think you should talk with someone - a doctor, a therapist, a nutritionist - who could help you work out a healthy eating plan.

You're also exercising an awful lot - with so little food and so much activity, you may be doing serious harm to your body. Please, please, please be careful.

UrsusMaritimus
10-05-2008, 02:39 PM
On nights in, I've made a really good version of spinach dip. I just mix up fat free sour cream, fat free mozerella, and a box of frozen spinach.

Oooo, spinach dip. That actually sounds really good. I might give that one a try.

kelly315
10-05-2008, 02:48 PM
It's funny, the thing that usually messes up my weekend is beer! I don't really drink very much, but I'm so used to figuring out my calories during the day, that when people come over at night, two or three beers will totally change how my day went.

All I can say is, thank god for MGD 64! I feel bad not having one if people are over, though I probably shouldn't.

i am still trying
10-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Oooo, spinach dip. That actually sounds really good. I might give that one a try.

Try this:
- equal parts Fat free sour cream and FF plain yogurt
-one package frozen spinach thawed
-one package knorr onion&spincach soup mix(dry soup mix)

You have to mix it together and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour for the mix to get soft
SOOOOO yummy and pretty good for you too!
Today has been OK food wise. I bought some lentil and bean veggie burgers. They are like grain burgers, not bad.

Start at my new school tomorrow and I am a bit worried about how my routine with food and exercose may suffer in the first few weeks. I will try to eat as clean as possible and I bought the 30 day Shred DVD so at lease I know I can get that in (20 mins/day) and take the dog for walks if I dont get to the gym these next few days...

beaka
10-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I might have to get some of that MGD 64!

I know what you mean about feeling bad not having a drink. It's not like we're alcoholics, but I don't always want to seem obsessed with dieting. Just like how I hate being the one ordering super healthy food. It tastes just as good, but I feel like my friends are looking at me thinking "here she goes again..."

quiddkidd06
10-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Bodies are such weird things!

Last night I had my first real "binge" since I started this "new lifestyle" in August.

I went out with friends to dinner and made good choices there... but then we left and passed this new cookie bakery. The owner was sitting outside and invited us in, giving us each a free small cookie. (Peanut Butter cookie with White Chocolate Chips and Heath pieces).

THEN we got to my friend's place where he actually had already made DESSERT... a spice cake with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING (Frosting is my weakness). I've had cake and fit it into my plan before, but I just went WILD on the extra frosting. I was addicted!

When I woke up this morning, I figured I'd weigh to measure the disaster. I was down to 164.5! What??! That's about a pound lower than I've ever seen on the scale! I expect it is some strange fluctuation and that I'll see some consequences of this sugar indulgence during the week but it's just so ODD!

i am still trying
10-05-2008, 03:52 PM
weird, i know but that always happens to me too when i over indulge.

Taylor86
10-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I drink of choice when I go out is diet coke and bacardi. 65 calories per drink and 3 of those and you don't want 4. I always have to make sure I eat something before I go out or I end up sitting next to the chip or whatever and eating the whole damn thing.

This weekend has been up and down for me. I have improved a little since I completely jumped ship - but not back to where I was doing really well. I was eating only 1,300 and for my frame and activity I know that's what was making me binge. I am going to up my calories to 1,500 -1,600 and even through it might take longer to loose the weight - at least it's better than starving than bingeing.

Zephra
10-05-2008, 04:07 PM
First REAL post..sorry if it's long!!

So I started out at about 240. I got down to about 175 several months ago. Then I hurt my hip so I couldn't run anymore, which totally screwed my exercise plan. So...now I'm at about 190...ugh...but I'm back to exercising 5-6 times a week again (I'm even starting to run again with no pain, yay! But I do have to stick to 1-1.5 miles at a time).

So I have 2 scales at home (long story). One says I weigh 185, the other 188. The scale at my gym says 194. So I go with 190 as the real weight. I hate not knowing exactly. I'm one of those people that can't stand having clocks telling different times. But that's just my OCD tendencies coming out.

Anyway, this weekend I had to work some (which was unusual) and last night I totally went nutso on pasta and steak!!! Sure it was whole wheat pasta and I coupled it with a lighter sauce (sour cream, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil), but I ate enough for 3 people!! Soooo frustrating. So today I am limiting my calorie intake. Lots of small veggie and fruit based snacks to compensate.

I get frustrated eating well and exercising and not progressing. The first 50 lbs were easy-peasy. These last 20-30 are just being stubborn. Urgh. I figured it couldn't hurt ot come on here to help keep me positive while trying to push through the last leg.

UrsusMaritimus
10-05-2008, 06:56 PM
I just went grocery shopping and totally had to fight the urge to buy ice cream. It was calling to me...but I resisted! I came home and ate an ounce of cashews instead.

It's looking like I might actually make it through the day on plan!!! This past month has just been such a waste. Why is it that when I start losing weight, I suddenly think I can eat anything I want and somehow magically keep losing?

I feel like I'm starting all over again. You name it, I'm craving it. Ugh.

Annita
10-05-2008, 08:30 PM
the weather is changing from hot to cold quite sudden and now im having such serious headache. Even after working out, the headache doesn't go away. Garrhh...Sigh. Not a good way to start a new week at all >"<

Hope everyone is doing ok ;) And have a nice week coming ^-^

NishKitten
10-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Somehow I got talked into going clubbing by my serial polygamist best friend. Some incredibly lame guy and his gangster white boy friend named 'Smoothie' (yes, Smoothie. He looked like Ed Wuncler from The Boondocks) ended up talking to us and somehow it turned into endless free shots ...

... let's just say the night ended with me winning 3rd place in a rumpshaker contest, and a mutual friend of me and my husband recording it on his cell phone and sending it in an email to DH.

When I got up this afternoon I had an email from him that officially outlined that I was required by law (what law, I don't know) to walk around the house in short shorts and dance like that anytime I walk past him, and some gross comment alluding to a scratch and sniff test ... I just want to kick him in the face sometimes, he is such a pervert!

Then this evening in my hungover stupor I did my 30DS workout, and boy did that get the rest of the alcohol out of my system. I was paranoid doing sit ups that the vodka I was sweating out was going to bleach out my carpet. I feel much better now though.

sh3l5
10-06-2008, 02:28 AM
my dress is in the post....
woooop!....
:)

i am still trying
10-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Nish- Love it! , not that you felt hung over but your story totally reminds me of one night, tequila shots, and a swing dance contest. Let's just say I was wearing a short skirt, we were on stage above about 500 people, and I DON'T know how to swing dance!!!

caligirl98
10-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Had a kind of binge free weekend....Saturday, went to the kid’s party and didn't eat at all. Had cereal that morning, a bottle of water at the party and said no everything else. Passed Wendys on the way home but decided if I was going to eat something bad, I could at least make it at home. So I had a grilled chicken sandwich with mayo and Monterey jack cheese and french fries. Not too horribly bad considering I hadn't eaten anything all day.

On the flip side of that, I didn't work out at all...I was sooooooo tired all weekend. I just feel so burnt out right now.

ghost
10-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Well, people, I write here only to confess my mortal sins of the weekend. The days were mostly good and active, but I was super stressed (read OCD detailing my carpets and hard wood floors) because my BFF is MIA and her husband got in some serious trouble this weekend so I ended with an extra kid, a toddler to boot. My BFF went MIA two months ago when her mom committed suicide, she hasn't been mentally stable for a while now. Her husband/baby daddy got caught up in some drug thing. Have I mentioned how much I hate drugs? I've watched drugs literally tear this family apart for the last two years. My heart breaks for my pseudo-nephew.
At any rate, days okay, nights, soaked with vanilla absolute and some kind of cheap red wine. My friend "D" came over and we tag teamed the two year old for two days. He is a handfull. I don't remember my son being that big of a pain in the *** when he was a toddler.
At any rate, ate healthy food, but didn't measure ANYTHING so I know my portions have been out of control. And I had a lot of sodium. Saturday night I shared a plain hamburger with my son and the order of fries was split between two adults and three hungry mungry kids. No guilt there. But I didn't work out except heavy lifting of two year old and running after him at the store, and the park. I hit up a birthday party on sunday and had about 1/2 a cup of fried rice. Today, I'm up 1.5 lbs. No idea...ya, I'm getting back on the ball big time this week.
27 days till I see my man!