South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 06:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chick Chat

It's finally Friday!

I had to dig out a pair of jeans this morning, it's really chilly outside! The trees are starting to put on their grand finale, and it's just gorgeous!

I may be getting off early this afternoon, and if I do, I'd like to go up to the Green Dragon to look around. Tomorrow we're going to a big Fall crafts festival in Myerstown. I look forward to that every year, they block off several streets in the middle of the town and have all sorts of booths set up. I hardly ever buy anything, but it's fun to look, and the drive up there is really nice this time of year.

I think I'll make a nice pot of oatmeal with chopped apple, cranberries and walnuts for breakfast. Anybody care for some?
Old 10-03-2008, 06:35 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Running off to yoga this morning. That oatmeal would be perfect Cottage How is your Dad?

See everyone later
Old 10-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #3  
Getting Skinny...

S/C/G: 225/215/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

I'm having my cup of coffee before I start waking up the fam.

I'll check in later!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/168/120

Height: 5'0"

I'd love some oatmeal, but since I'm just 3 days in on P1, I'll hold off LOL :-) I'm enjoying peace and quiet before the little one wakes up(he's 3), and getting the others(ages 14,11 and 9) ready for school. Well, they really get themselves ready.
I need to do a better job preparing my breakfasts, instead of last minute. Its much easier that way-so I'll probably make some up today and freeze them.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It's so nice to see new Beachers posting in the Daily. once again.

Slept until 6:30 this morning WITH a wee dog on the bed. She was probably tired from her first day at doggie daycare. So was I as yesterday seemed long and hard.

Today I will finally plant the mums up at the Church and also write and print the bulletin. I've already got a load of cherry tomatoes in the dehydrator - the last of the crop. I think we had a killing frost last night but, if not, I'm going to ignore the rest of them! I may do a bit more basil if it survived and need to harvest and dry the Italian parsley. The freezer needs a bit of sorting out soon as the "lads" will be deer hunting in a month and are always giving me venison. Right now it's wild turkey season and I may luck out. Wild turkey is just delicious! So is Canada goose.

Time to haul on the jeans and get the day started. Hope yours is great. TGIF!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Good morning, fresh hot coffee for anyone wanting it!

Cottage, it's chilly here as well. I have been wearing jeans all week, and a sweat jacket! I couldn't believe some people were out on the lake wind surfing yesterday! That water must of been FREEZING! I know I was cold just walking by the lake!

Welcome Angie! Sounds like you have your hands full with four wee little ones!

RUTH! Send the "rest" to me! I love cherry tomatos! .

Me: Well, I finally got to sleep about four, just so my son could call and wake me a little before seven! I'm exhausted! I couldn't sleep because of allergies to kitty! . That and pup at one point woke me crying in pain. Seems her ear infection came back. As I was cleaning her ear I noticed a little blood on the paper towel. I gave her some medicine last night, and a little more this morning.

Yeah, son is excited about his job. So excited he never went to sleep last night. Instead he stayed up packing! HE called for my steam cleaner so he could clean the carpets of his new place. He says before he moves in with his buddy he's got to give the entire house a good disinfection cleaning, steam clean carpets, whole nine yards! Where he's staying now asked him where he gets his cleanliness from, he stated "mom!"

I would love to take a drive in a few weeks here to view the foliage. Maybe one of these years I'll take the Eastern Seaboard down to Florida to visit my brother!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

It is COLD here. I was putting it off, but yesterday had to start pulling warm clothes down from the attic. But I can't put the summer stuff away yet, so it's a mess everywhere. I hate the wardrobe changeover! It was in the 30's when I woke up this morning! I probably should have put on the heat, but I need to clean the radiators first so the house doesn't smell like it's burning. There's a fun project for the weekend!

Sorry to be absent this week chicks. I’ve been really trying to get work to a place where I can leave for a week feeling like I deserve a vacation and put it
out of my mind completely while I’m gone. Plus spending too much time obsessing about our trip. DSs birthday is the week we are in Orlando and I was looking for an idea to do something special. He didn’t want to be sung to by Characters. I found out that they do something cool at the Coral Reef in Epcot. They have a giant aquarium and a diver will show a birthday message, plus they will print up a personalized menu for the birthday person.

Interesting watching the VP debate last night. It’s cool that DD1 gets to vote this year and is very energized and excited about things. What an exciting election this will be – even the kids are paying attention. I read somewhere that they are expecting 85% voter turnout which is amazing. We'd better vote early to avoid big lines!

Oooh, I had a pair of size 10 capris on yesterday. I had nabbed a pair on sale to put away for next summer, and have been looking for some for my trip, but there are none left in the stores now. Anyway, I was packing up some summer stuff for the attic and saw the capris and thought I’d try them on just for fun. They fit fine! They are Sears size 10s though, which are not normal sizes. I put my size 14 jeans back on and they fit just fine. So there ya go, Sears 10 is a Lane Bryant 14. It was fun to be in 10s though, even if it wasn’t real~

Catching up on some posts:
zeff, I don't know how you stay up so late girl! When I was pregnant I think I was in bed around 8PM every night. Hope it isn't all the stress keeping you up!

Hmac,
your life and activities sound so fun and exciting. I always like to read what you're up to.

cottage, the leaves are starting to turn here too. I just love this time of year. I am going to miss my annual big craftfest here, Colorfest, while we are away. I usually get together with some buddies from my old hometown and make a girls weekend of it. Well,, there's always next year! I've got a pot of oats on right now, yum.

Good morning to the dashing chicks, Cyndi and tmi!

Hi dasmith, don't think we've "met". Wish my kids would get themselves ready. At 10, 11, and 21YO, you'd think they could do it without me playing drill sargeant! Okay, I'm exaggerating about the 21YO.

Hi Ruth, those poor little tomatoes, how can you ignore them? I've got to get some mums, but the King Coleus I've got in the front urns still looks great and I hate to kill it. Hmm, wild turkey? I've never had it, well not the animal anyway, but they run all over my dad's property here. I'll ask him why he never shoots any. They are cool to watch though. BTW, for future reference, getting up at 6:30 qualifies as "getting up early", not "sleeping in."

Loriann, it's great that DS is so psyched about his new job and new place. Very exciting to be that age, although don't think I'd want to do it again.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 10-03-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

Schmoodle! congrats on the jeans! WOW!!!!!! (were they elastic? hahhaha)

I KNOW I wouldn't want to be 19 again! I think I'm just now starting to enjoy life!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone!

Busy at work but atleast its FRIDAY! wfh day again so that is nice but I will be descended upon by the kids since they only have half day of school today.

Football tonight, will have to bundle up for that it will get chilly.

Have a great day today
Old 10-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Its' Friday!

A bit chilly here this morning.

Cottage hope your dad is doing well. Your oatmeal sounds delish

Cyndi speaking of yoga do you know of any low impact yoga dvd's for my dh - he wants to do more stretching and someone recommended yoga and he said my video is a bit much for what he wants

Schmoodle on the jeans - keep up the great work!

Went to see my Best Friends Girl lastnight and it was ok kind of high school ish but it was time with dh and thats all that matters.

Busy weekend for me as tonight is family dinner night and tomorrow my new furniture will be delivered and then going somewhere to watch the FSU/Miami game - GO NOLES!!! and then taking mom to see Nights at Rodanthe. Sunday is church and softball game and of course the Jags/Steelers game that night -GO JAGS!!!

hope everyone has a great day and a super weekend.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #11  
Getting Skinny...

S/C/G: 225/215/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to have a busy day today - I have to do food shopping, pick up prescriptions, return some wii games to Blockbuster, go for my daily walk...

i'll check back in later!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

It is darn cold here this morning too. Thought briefly of turning the heat on but I hate the thought of my gas bill going through the roof. I will just do layers for now.

Looks to be a calm weekend for once which is good because the house needs a good scrubbing!

Felt much more human yesterday, no cravings to eat my desk, I think that is an improvement!

Cottage that oatmeal sounds 10 times better than mine this morning!

Welcome to our new chicks!

Guessing I should get a move on, I have a closing here at 11:00. Will be keeping a close eye on the Bailout Bill today and the markets, either way it goes it could have a huge impact on my job.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm so late getting here this morning, that I really don't have time to do personals, but wishing everyone a great Friday!

I'm off today and can't believe I slept till 7! I'm usually up at 4 even on days off. Took a sinus pill last night and it knocked me out. We are going to eat some breakfast, deal with puppies, then are going to the new gym in a while. Looking forward to working in the yard later. It's in the low 50's this morning...great day!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls! I don't really have time to do personals this morning. I need to get a cake baked so it will cool in time to use it this afternoon.

Also, I heard that a local Uhaul has boxes for free? So, I have to check that out. I also found some great ones on Freecycle. whoohoo. I need to pick those up and start packing. Today is packing bathrooms. Me thinks I'm going to be tossing a LOT of stuff.

schmoo - I've been rather a night owl lately. DS doesn't usually wake up very early, so I get to sleep in in the mornings. Our days usually don't start until about 9

Cat - I remember awhile back you mentioned that you had covered up your fence with a climbing plant....what was it? I'm looking for a climber that does well in full sun (Louisiana full sun, because apparently that is different than Northern full sun ). Was it inexpensive? Easy to grow? Thanks

Have a great day, girls.

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-03-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 236/228/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! I'm hoping to join you on this thread. I'm looking for a little community and figured this was a good place.

I started PI on Tuesday and I'm doing really well, sticking to it. I'm so excited. Every year for the past five years, I've organized an information fair at this time of the year students at the university where I work. I always buy tons of candy (good candy--ie chocolate) and pass it out to the tables for students and the people working at the fair, and I always eat tons of it, because I'm too busy to get anything to eat. Yesterday, I brought all the candy, passed it out, and didn't eat a piece all day! Yay!!! It felt so good, not only emotionally, but also to my body. (Part of the thanks goes to CyndiM whose post literally saved me from "just a few pieces of sushi not to offend my friend" at a critical time when I was just getting started.)

I do have one question though ... I've lost 3-1/2 pounds and I find myself constantly doing the weight math in my head ... "I've lost 3-1/2 pounds so I'll probably lose 8 in in the first 2 weeks, then it will slow down to 2 pounds a week which will put me at 210 by Christmas and 185 by March, but I wonder if I could get to 170 by then or maybe ..." ... it goes on and on and it's driving me nuts. Also, I feel that if I'm changing the lifestyle, that type of thought counterproductive and could set me up for an upset if things don't go my way. Any thoughts? Advice? Anyone else been there. (Is this the right place to post this, or should I start a different thread? I'm new here, so just let me know!)

Gonnabe165: My favorite yoga video of all time is Yoga for Weightloss by Suzanne Deason, even if DH is not trying to lose weight. She has four different modifications for each pose, and three different sections. It's relaxing, and it's a good strengthening and stretching workout.

Schmoodle: Congrats on the capris! It's nice that you'll be able to wear them now because they probably won't fit you next summer!
Closed Thread