Old 10-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #1  
I m worth it

S/C/G: 176/174/143

Height: 5'2''

Default Whose starting weight is around 187 lbs??

I m starting a diet and exercise plan tomorrow and would like to have buddies to help me along the way to lose weight. Anybody interested and whose weight is around 187 lbs drop me a line so we can do it together.
Cheers
Dazzling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i dont think it shud matter too much about starting weights....
its not a competition.,...
just useful for motivation....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #3  
I m worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3l5 View Post
i dont think it shud matter too much about starting weights....
its not a competition.,...
just useful for motivation....

sh3l5, I have never said that it was a competition ! My point is people who have the same starting weight tend to motivate each other more ....

Last edited by Dazzling; 10-03-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:11 AM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Dazzling... I know what you mean I was 188 the end of August but I read the book Skinny B**** when I was on a plane for a million hours lol and it really made everything so easy for me. The first 10 came off fast the rest is coming off normal/slow but I never starve. I didn't want to read it because of the controversy, but so glad I did.

Good luck! You can do it, no matter what diet/exercise you choose!!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #5  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

i'm starting around that but i'm not doing exercise really yet... just getting my eating in check until i get the clear to go to the gym again (had knee surgery ~1 month ago)
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #6  
I m worth it

jillnicole03: How did you lose 10 lbs in the first month ?

sxulcmnky: We can lose those pounds, and even if you are not going to be excerising yet, you can still lose the weight by eating healthy. You've already lost 36lbs and that's wonderful, just keep it up
Old 10-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i apologise....
i didnt mean to cuase offence....
just meant no matter what weight you start at all new comers can motivate each other equally....
whether they are 200lbs or 140lbs....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #8  

Height: 5 5

Yep- I'm right about there at 188. I'm actually about halfway to my goal from where I started....I dropped the first 30ish just from giving up driving and forcing myself to walk/bike everywhere and really giving up the garbage eating. I joined a gym six weeks ago because I'd hit a wall, so now I'm doing elliptical 5x a week for 45 minutes and strength training 2x a week. Hoping to reach my "goal" by early next summer! Do you have a timeframe?
greycella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 194.5/184.5/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm around 189 right now... started last week at 194 so maybe i count I want to be down to 180 by Thanksgiving and going to come up with a XMAS goal too.

I'm doing a meal delivery plan 5 days a week 1200 calories a day...starting tomorrow. It's called Good Measure Meals. http://www.goodmeasuremeals.com/

My Long Term goal right now is 130 and want to reach it by my next bday May 4th. i want my tracker!

What's your plan?
Jolie4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:16 AM   #10  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I am starting out at 195 and I would love to try to lose weight together. I have started working out with my sister and a personal trainer, plus I joined Weight Watchers. I have tried losing weight before and I am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life.

I know that with exercise, proper diet and support we can lose our weight. So lets do it already!
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/119

Height: 5ft2

hi, im starting out this week and im 180lbs. hows things going with you?
whats your plan?
id be happy to be one of your buddies and know eachothers progress, need all the motivation i can get!!!
clarelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #12  
I m worth it

Hello everyone and thanks for all your replies, it sure is motivating
Well, I've been kind of lost those past 2 days on whether I should be doing the South Beach Diet or the diet I've tried before and had success with it (the Fire Up Metabolism Diet 'FUM'). They are basically almost the same: no bread in phase 1, the only difference is that we can have 1/2 cup of brown rice twice a week in the FUM.
Other than that, my other goal is to work out 2 hours a day: 1 hour brisk walk in the morning, 30min Tae Bo and other 30min weight lifting in the afternoon. Sounds hard but not if we put our mind into it !
I really need to lose weight, I just feel miserable when lookind around and seeing all these fit girls ...

I would love to have you all as my buddies, I need motivation and support, and you all seem to have the same goal as I have

I will wait for your responses

Cheers
Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #13  

Height: 5 5

Dazzling, sounds like you are really motivated which is great! I just wanted to pass along a little info the trainer at my gym told me about, and which I've confirmed as widely accepted fact....you definitely don't want to lift weights every single day! Your body needs a period of at least 48hrs to recover- which is when the muscle actually forms. Strange as it may sound, if you lifted every day you wouldn't see results!
greycella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #14  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzling View Post
sh3l5, I have never said that it was a competition ! My point is people who have the same starting weight tend to motivate each other more ....
You know, i never actually thought about it that way... but i guess it is kind of true. I made a really, really, really good friend on here and now that I think about it... one of the first things out of her mouth was that we weighed the same....

neat point.
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:49 AM   #15  
I m worth it

Helloooo

greycella: You are absolutely right about lifting weight everyday, I just read it in a book, here is a quote:
' Generally, I don’t recommend that my clients work out
every single day without a rest. Usually I recommend they take one or two days off each week to catch up on life and to recuperate. This gives their muscles downtime. When you push your body to its limit, you tear down muscle tissue. That muscle tissue needs downtime in order to rebuild itself and become stronger. It’s during your days off that satellite cells rush in to repair your muscle tissue, creating thicker and longer muscle fibers. If you go week after week without a break, your muscles become weaker, your immunity plummets, and your results take a nosedive. You may find that you even start gaining weight. '

xYourBelleMortex: Welcome to this thread, feel free to join us, we are all here to lose that weight